Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

. While not your fault, it’s VIZUNAH SQUARE’s fault, and you’ll have to live wit hit.

French’s vacation when you stop playing it’s VIZUNAH’s fault ? seriously ?

jade sea, EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amshaa.7492

Amshaa.7492

[…].

I wonder where the RGs were during weak times of BT and SFR ? Just hopping to another server. Yet you still come here and try to explain how the good fights should be played for the sake of the game. Not really laughable, tho.

You’d probably do better for the game and your guild posting positive feedbacks and ideas in your own matchup thread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

Viz plays for the fun, that’s why you are hardly playing wvw atm in an enviroment you created. Sounds cool, gg.

Not gonna argue on all the “who has the biggest” posts around, but kitten : we (by “we” I mean “the players of Vizunah Square”) did not create anything.
SFR2.0 created that monster. I would even say : the words of SacrX account for the vast majority of that creation.
We’re not gonna stand in LA and ask people not to go through the gate after what you (as in “red names”) put on us.
Now man up and own your mistakes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

[…].

I wonder where the RGs were during weak times of BT and SFR ? Just hopping to another server. Yet you still come here and try to explain how the good fights should be played for the sake of the game. Not really laughable, tho.

You’d probably do better for the game and your guild posting positive feedbacks and ideas in your own matchup thread.

Why should we be on a dead server especially vs Viz.. they don’t even come out then = bad fights. Why you think even Viz is bored now? Because they play how they play. You got no enemies, yet you play how you play, even while you are bored yourself (e.g Leocrynn’s post). Nice try and yes, you lost control of the monster you created.

Viz plays for the fun, that’s why you are hardly playing wvw atm in an enviroment you created. Sounds cool, gg.

Not gonna argue on all the “who has the biggest” posts around, but kitten : we (by “we” I mean “the players of Vizunah Square”) did not create anything.
SFR2.0 created that monster. I would even say : the words of SacrX account for the vast majority of that creation.
We’re not gonna stand in LA and ask people not to go through the gate after what you (as in “red names”) put on us.
Now man up and own your mistakes.

You played the same vs BT, Elona, Deso, RS etc etc.. ages before SFR 2.0. You (the blobbers) took it to the next level with the culling patch.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

You played the same vs BT, Elona, Deso, RS etc etc.. ages before SFR 2.0. You (the blobbers) took it to the next level with the culling patch.

Yep, we’re definitely not talking about the same thing.
You see the blob, and you pretend we’re the only ones playing like that.

I say the ranking system is messed up and currently no server has the power to come tickle VS, because SFR2.0 created (or perfected, whatevs) the monster.

The blob is one of the symptoms if you’d like, not the illness.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Good summary. I saw that “call to arm”, and think people forgot about it too quickly.
While I agree about free transfer, I still don’t get why you mention lag. It’s affecting both sides, I’m having fun trying to land a good hammer stun with lag + 20fps.

I’m not accusing vizunah, but it kitten me off today that vizunah could get 90 damage packets (a lot of skills) off in 5 seconds on my character (with 40k hp, plagueform), while desolation could only do an auto attack every 10 secs. If vizunah even remotely had same lag, this would NOT have been possible.

60 vizunah (estimation there were a lot of you like alwyas, blobby viz), if we take 90/5 = 18 attacks per seconds. That’s about 1 attack per 3 vizunah every second. Desolation had more lag than that.

The most frustration part of the combat log was that certain ppl had zero lag against me. I had 10 auto attack strikes (crossfire), in very short time on me.

No accusation, but if the biggest zerg also get the least lag it’s very frustrating, and tempting to think there’s a complot.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

So it’s down to who started blobbing first or who had the biggest one?

How unexpected, surely first time in 92 pages of thread…

/sarcasm

(ps: in other words, just stop it. it’s a dead topic without any point, no matter who starts it.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

@Phoebe : your reasoning might not be accurate here.
Just because you don’t see your skill fired, doesn’t mean they are not.

I’m no expert on the subject, but I’d assume when the server can’t handle the information, he can’t handle it the same way for everyone. There is no logical reasoning going in the direction of a disadvantage for one team only. There are sadly no proofs of that (or the contrary).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Viz blobbed all over Deso bl tonight not once did they break up apart from the few camp flippers of 2-3.

To a fellow Necro from Viz or SFR can’t remember lol at Gods you can’t use your minions against me running away and failing to attack by the time id caught up with you id killed every single one of them trailing behind you and you thought the centaur camp would help bad move, if your going to run away at least send your minions at me as a distraction as they where in your case as effective as a wet paper bag.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

Holidays in France. Just wait and it will go back to normal.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Match-ups

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

It has not been ‘normal’ for months. It’s nothing to do with holidays in France.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wandred.4583

Wandred.4583

every day – a holiday

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

Yep, we’re definitely not talking about the same thing.
You see the blob, and you pretend we’re the only ones playing like that.

I say the ranking system is messed up and currently no server has the power to come tickle VS, because SFR2.0 created (or perfected, whatevs) the monster.

The blob is one of the symptoms if you’d like, not the illness.

Nah, everyone blobbs. Viz is still blobbing regardless if there’s an enemy or not, that is what is to blame.
Like I said before, the organised guilds lost control over what they created. You can’t gvg, even when 85% (was last figure Troma posted) are interested in it, your pugs just won’t let you. If there seldomly happened a GvG between SFR/Deso, guess who comes to interfere, the Viz pug commander. Even if you don’t want to blobb, your pugs won’t let you. All the reason is that it is how you played since release, you can’t change it anymore. So enjoy playing alone, I can only wish for the better of the rest of the game that tier 1 remains unchanged forever, quit from boredom.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

Let’s go back 2 months ago. VS is dominating WvW, and a server is created in order to counter and crush it, namely SFR.

lolno

I’ll be glad to hear your version, my friend !

What I wrote is what I saw from the outside, and what was wrotten here on the forum at the time SFR rose to T1

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

SFRs goal was always to be no1. International server based on cooperation between top WvW guilds. Since beta days.
We did not build the server to crush VS, we build it to be the best.

VS just stood in our way.

Don’t give yourselves too much credit.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

It seems VS still doesnt get it.

The way you play is boring, you are boring, and noone wants to play with you. If there was a choice to choose your opponents or tier, VS would end up alone in T1. And you could dominate T1 until you got bored to death. People play games for fun, and they like good opposition, exciting fights etc. You dont provide anything like that. Thats why Deso nad SFR see no point in fighting you, because actually there is no fighting. Just boring ppt game. And if you hide behind “but this is how anet intends to play it” well, newsflash, you are the only one who likes it. So yeah, go play alone but dont bore other to death.

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Being server side the lag is the same for everyone..
Its just that:

1) when skill lag happens, players skill gets annihilated and numbers is all that matters
2) because of 1, skill lag can become a tactic….even if boring it all depends why you play: to win or to have fun?
3) obviously if you have to attack, skill lag hinders you way more than if you have to defend.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oresh.4729

Oresh.4729

i don’t get it. how can t1 us and t1 eu be so different?

in Match-ups

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

time coverage.
All europe except french seems to sleep or work at the same time…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

time coverage.

Which is quite strange, considering Eu covers a 9hours timezone, and french server is a national server, ie only 1 timezone.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

time coverage.

Which is quite strange, considering Eu covers a 9hours timezone, and french server is a national server, ie only 1 timezone.

Troma himself said that you have organized night groups. Get more in touch with your own community before speaking

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Regarding skill lag , it’s really simple logic, not hard to understand.

- Scenario:

Pro WvW guild with 30 players vs. PuG zerg with 50 players.

- Assumption: skill lag present for all 80 players ( no one can use skills properly )
- Outcome: 30 players pressing 11111 vs. 50 players pressing 11111
- Result: number win, hurray for the PuG !

- Resulting action to counter: 30 guild players let 30 PUGs join = 60 guild + pug blob vs. 50 PuG blob => all press 1111 => numbers win => hurray for the 30 guildies and their 30 PuG followers!

It’s a never-ending circle in which the number of 11111 pressers always wins.

EU T1 is so much fun indeed.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

Like I said before, the organised guilds lost control over what they created.

No, that’s where you are wrong.
Grand Cross never tried to control the server, it just gave the tools.
We can’t lose control of something we never had the control. And I’d say our way of doing things works much better than yours (even tho RG never tried to control a server, but it seems you’d lean towards that solution if you were to start something big).

The way it was handled on VS was a bolt of genius. Do not blame us for your inability to compete on the long run (I know it means nothing to you, there is no real competition in point scoring, bla, bla, bla…)

in Match-ups

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

simply VS cap all the map during the night, and defend it with max number in every map during the day, try this in us, it work!

sUk Clan

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Us servers have a quite even/comparable coverage – they’re more “International” that EU ones, because everybody not in EU is send on US servers.

In EU, coverage is very server dependant (and even then, it can be improved or destroyed massively by a single guild leaving/coming), and in T1 atm VS has a 24/24 force.

When for all the night one server tick +500/600 and others are empyt, there’s not much to say. :p

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: RobF.5864

RobF.5864

You can agree or disagree on the causes of the current situation in T1 EU. Who started blobbing, skill lag, all night capping etc etc blah blah.

The reality is its boring as hell at the moment.

People have left and more will follow for that very reason.

Its not about whether servers can’t win. Its about a game (yes a GAME) being pointless to play.

PVD and arrow carts? People wont stay, its that simple.

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

Agreed.
There is nothing to win and atm it’s boring to play. Suggestions : PvE another reroll, or sPvP.

If I was a conspirationist, I’d say Anet is purposely leaving the WvW aside in order to revive the dead body that is sPvP.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Like I said before, the organised guilds lost control over what they created.

No, that’s where you are wrong.
Grand Cross never tried to control the server, it just gave the tools.
We can’t lose control of something we never had the control. And I’d say our way of doing things works much better than yours (even tho RG never tried to control a server, but it seems you’d lean towards that solution if you were to start something big).

The way it was handled on VS was a bolt of genius. Do not blame us for your inability to compete on the long run (I know it means nothing to you, there is no real competition in point scoring, bla, bla, bla…)

We cannot control a single person following our raid let alone a server or a matchup. That’s the way this game has been set up. Effectively we are a guild with 50 members, people should stop overestimating what those numbers can do to a server/matchup.

Yes points mean something to us, but we are not going to destroy our game experience to get them. We will certainly never try to contribute to creating a server based around insane queues during primetime and point scoring by guilds during offpeak times by PvDooring. That is what SFR would have become if a majority of the guilds stayed and tried to compete for the golden medal. That and the fact that the competition for the ‘golden medal’ basically cause blobbing by all sides, which in turn caused the skill lag making the game quite unenjoyable. So yes we care about points to some extent but not so far as to put more important things like gameplay above them. If one is not enjoying playing the game there is no point to continue playing regardless of how many points the server you are on has.

The fact that we contributed to something of an exodus that left T1 basically what it has been before we came → balanced primetime, mega off-peak cap by Vizunah, simply means that more people than just us did not enjoy playing in the way t1 was played. Imho t1 should be Elona, Jade Sea and Vizunah Square who have good PuG population and coverage. The guilds should aim to fight somewhere else because the points competition encourages a playstyle that most of them try to avoid. Those guilds will mostly be able to enjoy 15-30v15-50 fights while roaming the WvW lakes which is what they are looking for. In the meantime others can have 100v100v100 megaepic fights in T1 and the problems associated with those.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

time coverage.

Troma himself said that you have organized night groups. Get more in touch with your own community before speaking

Yep, there is a guild specialized in the night action. I know that. But there are french players, in the same timezone. Hence my interrogation

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Although i may make small digs at viz for blobbing i wont openly go as far as blame them for the whole mess. It is ArenaNet that have developed WvW to be persistent 24/7 and Viz have beaten every one else to the post in representing the largest portion of coverage.

Remember Blacktide with the old Xaoc and commander Max and Russian off peak coverage? there was much kitten about the Russians night capping everything back then.

The difference between us and Viz is the fact Viz has a dedicated night and daytime force that matches their prime time, On the other hand our servers routinely have fixed guild raid times that when finished 99% of the time result in an empty bl.

Last night was a good example on Deso bl we where getting to the point where we where actually making good ground then our 2nd commander vanishes off the map taking his raid to another bl or called it for the evening leaving us with only one force that couldn’t be at two places at once and everything fell apart.

There’s no handover or wind down on bl’s too many times it’s simply a case of leading guilds on a map just vanishing into thin air in the heat of battle, this is the problem us International servers suffer really bad from, were guild raid dependent when there isn’t one on a bl or they log off for the night there is no leadership or coordination for friendlies who stick around.

Viz’s organization appears to not be guild raid dependent they prosper on harnessing the friendlies as pug commanders and can allocate commanders to cover shifts to gather pugs from around the bl’s you see no matter what time of the day there is never a shortage of friendlies scattered around the maps what there is a shortage of is people to shepherd them up and into a map hopping force.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

it’s a childish way to stop playing because you think you cannot win.
Every server blob actually. 1st time we encountered SFR starcruisers, we were surprised, we tryed different way to counter that, and the only effective way to, was to blob as well because at same number, we were better. Now the blob is the fashion and is killing the game slowly (because of side effects, such skill lags and IPS drop). Anet is guilty, because of nerfing AoE number of target or that everybody got same amount of XP, whatever number of ppl hiting the target ect …) . Players are lazy and plays the easiest way to get points and farm WXP.

We are waiting for a new challenger, expecting this one will be more effective and will last longers than the others before …

SFR returned to T1, 5 wins a row, not bad, possibly you don’t agree.

Patch+Free transfers to SFR, and we are going for the3rd week losing (or 4th ? I can’t care less atm).

The great VS server need 5 weeks, and we never know how many week more they need if SFR didn’t got hit by free transfer, and you came here full of yourself…

My advice to you:
“Keep calm, stay alert!”

PS: We are still (players, commanders) working with the new reality, don’t believe in everything you ear. I don’t’ think there is a post from someone representing SFR telling we want to go down, follow my advice please.

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

English is not my first language, so some things might have come out the wrong way, my apologies.
I didn’t want to use RG as “RG only”, it was just an example of guilds with the similar mindset. I understand what you are looking for and I realize that you think t1 can’t offer what you’re looking for.
Even tho some might argue that guilds like WL or LNM (guilds I personally put in the same category as yours : highly skilled, looking for more than just points) are quite happy with VS and its 2hrs+ queues.
It’s sad for us on VS, because we liked a strong opposition better, but as it’s been said over and over, opposition on the long term comes with PUs, and you need something to help them structure. Sadly none of the other major EU forces took time to do so ; we’re now left alone with ourselves.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tricks.2430

Tricks.2430

I’d just like to say.. passing all the BS currently in this thread.

Absolutely epic fights in SM last night that went on for a good 2 hours, grats to both Viz and SFR for trying and trying to get the shiny castle back, we battled against superior arrow carts, a flame ram on the ramps to the upper level??? (super tactics obviously) and then a alpha seige gollem thrown in.

With all the skill lag that went up and down during those many pushes Desolation held everyone off.

More times like these please (less lag would be nice)

www.desospeak.com / Desolations Community Teamspeak

in Match-ups

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

English is not my first language, so some things might have come out the wrong way, my apologies.
I didn’t want to use RG as “RG only”, it was just an example of guilds with the similar mindset. I understand what you are looking for and I realize that you think t1 can’t offer what you’re looking for.
Even tho some might argue that guilds like WL or LNM (guilds I personally put in the same category as yours : highly skilled, looking for more than just points) are quite happy with VS and its 2hrs+ queues.
It’s sad for us on VS, because we liked a strong opposition better, but as it’s been said over and over, opposition on the long term comes with PUs, and you need something to help them structure. Sadly none of the other major EU forces took time to do so ; we’re now left alone with ourselves.

you are alone because noone can do what you have do on VS, only german can move all the www player on one server and probably destroy VS..but they don’t want to do this, couse they must suffer too high queue time.
so probably you will be alone forever.

in my opinion there is only one solution, do like german, split on all your server, use these week with no enemy in www and farm gold, move at least half of your manpower to other FR server.

we cannot manage all the pug like you, we have barrier language, half of my guild cannot understand english, we cannot manage a commander for every european language 24/24 online.

bow to every SFR commander that lead in english, and run with all our pugs.

sUk Clan

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

I can’t compete in the long run? I won 11 weeks of boring t1, more then most of your Viz comrades. Not that I care, it’s just to counter the long run argument.

I can’t tell about those guilds’ skill or coordination, never saw them run alone, never saw them not play for points. So I disagree about the points part and dunno about the skill part (they lost in GvG to guilds we beat flat IIRC).

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

tl;dr The guilds may be similar but are different in several important details.

I think these guilds have a similar mindset, but not exactly the same. If RG is having a 20-30v20-30 close fight that is lasting for 7 minutes already and a friendly PuG commander/guild comes in and wipes the enemy in under 1 second we are mad, because what was an awesome fight is turned into something rather meaningless. RG is a very extreme example, but I think quite a few guilds out there feel the same way.

On the other hand WL/LNM try to co-operate with friendlies, using commander icon etcetera and do not mind an uneven victory and are even quite happy about it, if it means gains/victory for their server/realm. If possible they would probably ask the PuG commander to come and wipe the other group in 1s (during their normal play not GvG or whatever). Especially speaking about LNM or Edenae they are much more server/realm oriented than looking for even fights as I have played in several games against them and it has always been the case.

By this I am not saying that either way of playing the game is superior and everyone should play that way, it is a RvR or WvWvW game after all, so it’s natural that some people will play it (in a way as intended) and put their server/realm first. The game mode in itself is not about having balanced fights by definition whatsoever. Whether forming one large group of ppl and rolling with it everywhere is the most efficient way to achieve that and whether it should be that way is a discussion for a different place.

So I do not think the guilds are comparable in that way, RG-style running without commander tag, telling random friendlies following us to pls follow other commanders, having private voice chat, trying to drop friendlies who follow us despite us asking them not to by using multiple waypoints, after running through a door or around a corner, while other guilds actively try to gather them using the commander icon.

We were always much more fight oriented than server/realm oriented in any game we played, simply because we find it more enjoyable to play that way. Probably up to 75% of the guild saw attacking keeps/towers and sieging as dirty work or sacrifice that we have to make in order to play with SFR on T1 rather than something we would enjoy on its own. We played quite differently to how we would normally play when we played in T1, attacking objectives and sieging much more often. We basically tried to contribute to the server effort as much as possible while retaining our guild only play style. Just ask your fellow countrymen how we play on Augury Rock now, I’d imagine the ones that are realm/server oriented hate us for how we play the game there. For instance last week in T3 we tried not add on fights that our entry would make meaningless, which sometimes meant that people from our server wiped when they didn’t have to while we passed by them (other times they may have won, we just didn’t interfere). I think that is something quite unthinkable in T1.

I think, there are servers that play the same style as Vizunah out there (ER, JS), GLICKO is just fail though and doesn’t allow them to fight each other. But if a (MOSTLY) guild only based server comes to T1 only solution for guilds to sustain their playstyle while fighting Vizunah:

1/ Never have PuG transfers (Somewhat possible if the server has very high pop)
2/ Do lots of GvGs to avoid boredom (People care about points too much to do them)
3/ Try and drop Vizunah from T1 (Not possible – coverage & GLICKO)
4/ Leave server (Easy to grind some gold, but sad because you leave server community)
5/ Drop a tier (GLICKO ./lol)
6/ Be willing to blob it up (Why make a mostly guild only server if you want do that? If you do it ppl will eventually get bored and do 4/ instead)

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in Match-ups

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

Why are you trying to turn WvW into GvG mode? It’s not its purpose.

Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: naestho.4376

naestho.4376

I can’t tell about those guilds’ skill or coordination, never saw them run alone, never saw them not play for points. So I disagree about the points part and dunno about the skill part (they lost in GvG to guilds we beat flat IIRC).

Didnt knew we lost a GvG so far… not that we’ve been doing hundreds of them, but still…

And yes we play for the realm, not onlyfor ourselves, but never, o never we’ve been crying for help or anything else, we dislike as much as u do, when some adds come and destroy a good and/or long fight. We just can’t always express it cause we take into account whats for for the “greater good”. Anyways, if u look at our stream u’ll see that we try as much as possible to run on our own… But no one can just forbid someone else to follow him, its part of the games mechanics.

Naestho| WarLegend and [Run] RL
[Vizunah Square]

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

Why are you trying to turn WvW into GvG mode? It’s not its purpose.

You think the zone lag mono blobb is the games purpose? More power to you.

Noone is saying everyone should do only organised gvg, it’s just an idea to break up from the routine, from the playstyle that made thousands of players quit wvw for good already, the playstyle that even makes the organised people of Viz quit now (boredom).
Run as a guild (don’t ask for “meetings” in the lake, they will happen), run in smaller teams. The map is too small for zone blobbs to be fun plus the hardware and engine can’t handle blobbs.
It seems people have the lost the ability to even move around in smaller groups, if it ain’t at least 45, they can’t play.

Didnt knew we lost a GvG so far… not that we’ve been doing hundreds of them, but still…

And yes we play for the realm, not onlyfor ourselves, but never, o never we’ve been crying for help or anything else, we dislike as much as u do, when some adds come and destroy a good and/or long fight. We just can’t always express it cause we take into account whats for for the “greater good”. Anyways, if u look at our stream u’ll see that we try as much as possible to run on our own… But no one can just forbid someone else to follow him, its part of the games mechanics.

Was it Golden Horde? 6:5 or so to GH? I remember one you lost.

What I do remember exactly is us wiping ~30 WL on the bridge to south camp w/o any pugs on their or our side. Next encounter with WL was ~25 WL attacking face to face on that bridge, 5 WL thieves trying to pick our back from other side of bridge and the Viz pug commander who was fortuitously adding with another 40-50 right the moment we pushed WL over the bridge into open field. Wasn’t coincidence since it kept happening from then plus WL activated their commander tag.
So yes, you do ask for help if needed, “for the greater good”.
Of course you can’t forbid anyone to follow, but you can at least actively try to run alone (activating commander tag after a wipe on even numbers, dunno, leaves a bit of sour taste). That is what sets us two guilds apart for most and general setup of classes.

[RG]

(edited by Empyre.2531)

in Match-ups

Leorcyn.1063

I can’t compete in the long run? I won 11 weeks of boring t1, more then most of your Viz comrades. Not that I care, it’s just to counter the long run argument.

Wtf man, I try to be constructive and you come back here with your bragging. You personally didn’t win T1 eleven times, the server you were on at that time did. And anyways, who cares ?
You know perfectly well what I meant : sticking to one server. And I know it’s not your vision, I said it. Nothing wrong with that, just own it.

And I thought you fought against WL some months ago, but I’m probably wrong. I don’t think I’ve heard WL losing to some guild, but then again, I’m not one of them. Anyway, as much as you’d like your “GvGs” to be a measure of guild’s strength, they are highly unperfect versions of what could be GvG and thus for me, not representative.

@Danielle : I see we agree on the basics. I can’t say much about LNM or WL, but I think WL does not put the commander icon up all the time, they tp quite often and are on their private TS obviously. Anyways, it’s just details.

It always comes back to this : WvW needs something new to keep people interested and guilds should be able to fight to prove their superiority (different modes for me).
I’m fine with new WvW rules that destroy completely the efficiency of VS atm, it’ll force us to wake up and react. Sadly, we do not make the calls !

(edited by Leorcyn.1063)

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

You personally didn’t win T1 eleven times, the servers you were on at that time did

FYP, afaik no other server than VS did win 11 time in EU, SFR being second with 8 wins.

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Empyre.2531

Wtf man, I try to be constructive and you come back here with your bragging. You personally didn’t win T1 eleven times, the server you were on at that time did. And anyways, who cares ?
You know perfectly well what I meant : sticking to one server. And I know it’s not your vision, I said it. Nothing wrong with that, just own it.

And I thought you fought against WL some months ago, but I’m probably wrong. I don’t think I’ve heard WL losing to some guild, but then again, I’m not one of them. Anyway, as much as you’d like your “GvGs” to be a measure of guild’s strength, they are highly unperfect versions of what could be GvG and thus for me, not representative.

@Danielle : I see we agree on the foundation. I can’t say much about LNM or WL, but I think WL does not put the commander icon up all the time, they tp quite often and are on their private TS obviously. Anyways, it’s just details.

It always comes back to this : WvW needs something new to keep people interested and guilds should be able to fight to prove their worth (different modes for me).
I’m fine with new WvW rules that destroy completely the efficiency of VS atm, it’ll force us to wake up and react. Sadly, we do not make the calls !

You were talking to me, so I answer for myself. Of course I can’t win a matchup alone nor can RG or any guild for that sake. It wasn’t bragging, it was simply the answer to what you said “you (I in this case) can’t compete”. (/EDIT: ye, was wrong with the numbers, 9x EU T1, 2x NA T1)
All I can say is, you reap what you sow, have fun with a dead tier. Again, hopefully, it’ll stay like this forever, so that Viz guilds that want to change leave it (or just quit). A good aspect on top, if the Viz people flood another server, it’ll quickly go tier 1 and be dead zone again. There’s no place in any tier below #1 for that kind of playstyle. I like that.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

FYP, afaik no other server than VS did win 11 time in EU, SFR being second with 8 wins.

Yes but RG was part of BT first and then SFR during their strong periods, I think that’s what he was referring to. Of course it’s debatable how big of a difference did RG make to two superstacked servers but meh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Meh .Have fun with your coverage and bragging wars it is all you have in t1 with current meta.I feel sad for players stuck in it’s gameplay.
While the rest of us enjoy THE REAL WvW from tier 2 to 8.

They should just rename t1/t9 to PveWvW and t2-t8 PvpWvW.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

(edited by graverr.6473)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slashpaf.9250

Slashpaf.9250

Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alaclis.6579

Alaclis.6579

Meh .Have fun with your coverage and bragging wars it is all you have in t1 with current meta.I feel sad for players stuck in it’s gameplay.

Sure ! I like ur real WwW.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/65824/gw135.jpg

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/66428/gw029.jpg

Alaclis – Thief 80
Millenium Old School [MoS] – Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Witzard.6829

Great.

Attachments:

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/SEA-WvW-Guild-Looking-For-New-Server/page/3#post1700141

you liked t1 last month… and were even trying to convince people to come try it

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in Match-ups

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

BIG GRATZ TO VISUNAH SQUARE Drinks are on me
Added new abilities:
Arrow Cart Mastery
Increase range on all arrow-cart skills.
Increase damage on all arrow-cart skills.
Increase effectiveness of applied conditions.
Increase radius on all arrow-cart skills
New skill (slot 4): Toxic Unveiling Shot. Removes stealth and applies poison to targets.

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

BIG GRATZ TO VISUNAH SQUARE Drinks are on me :p

Added new abilities:
Arrow Cart Mastery
Increase range on all arrow-cart skills.
Increase damage on all arrow-cart skills.
Increase effectiveness of applied conditions.
Increase radius on all arrow-cart skills
New skill (slot 4): Toxic Unveiling Shot. Removes stealth and applies poison to targets.

seen? we know the way the game is meant to be played. you don’t.
towers, doors, arrow carts.
thank you arena net!

edit: you forgot the best part:

Increased arrow-cart damage:

Increased Fire damage by 80%.
Increased Fire Crippling Arrows damage by 17%.
Increased Fire Barbed Arrows damage by 60% and increased the Bleed duration to 15seconds.

nice patch!

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

(edited by tita.6358)