Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: GameRex.8735

GameRex.8735

The difference between SFR and VS is not only their play-style, it is mainly their attitude when they lose:
Some continue to fight and want revenge, others give up and complain.

Welcome Elona

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiryu.3028

Kiryu.3028

Don’t think there will be a lot of migration from VS, but guilds will (or had) just stop the game a while, waiting for a descent opponent to fight with. and if that never come, then hey … Wildstar and ESO will come a day !

You’ve got the wrong snake there friend, it’s the other two who are hoping for a decent fight.

Loneli / Angerclad – Professional Zerg Diver. ~Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Don’t think there will be a lot of migration from VS, but guilds will (or had) just stop the game a while, waiting for a descent opponent to fight with. and if that never come, then hey … Wildstar and ESO will come a day !

You’ve got the wrong snake there friend, it’s the other two who are hoping for a decent fight.

^ This. Angelyne must be the most delusional forum warrior I’ve ever met. Let’s just say I’ll be glad when I no longer have to fight Vizunah as they are one of the least decent opponents to fight.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Charmide.4891

Charmide.4891

Use basic logic.

Vizunah is #1 and can’t go to a higher division.
The other two are not #1 and can go to a lower division.

Guess which server has more chance to find an equal opponent (and a fair fight).

Commander@Insert Coinz [CPC] – Vizunah Square

(edited by Charmide.4891)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

To the Desolation D/D ele from ZOMB who I dueled in EB.

Thx for the awesome duel and im sorry that a bunch of kitten from my server came in and ruined it.

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I’m just helping you guys get to 100 pages. Carry on.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

The difference between SFR and VS is not only their play-style, it is mainly their attitude when they lose:
Some continue to fight and want revenge, others give up and complain.

Welcome Elona

SFR has wanted to drop tiers since the day of free transfers. Viz instead just stopped nightcapping COMPLETELY when Seafarer’s was dominating. That sounds like giving up to me when they give up their main source of points.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

SFR has wanted to drop tiers since the day of free transfers. Viz instead just stopped nightcapping COMPLETELY when Seafarer’s was dominating. That sounds like giving up to me when they give up their main source of points.

Night fights are made by PUG. we can’t blame them to stop to do 3W when you have in front guild groups in a huge number (some talked about blobs, but i wasn’t there to check it by myself). At a point, 3W is boring. For the very same reason you stop to fight, they stoped to fight. Players are players, if that’s not funny, you quit and do something else. Actually i play only on primetime … work, childs, life … on primetime i’ve fights, ppl n front and fun. So actually all is ok. don’t care who i send or send me to spawn

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

It is a completely different reason why Seafarer’s Rest stopped fighting. They stopped because free transfers brought a huge influx of new players into the server. When that happens, you need to integrate them to the community and tier 1 isn’t the place for such action.
Vizunah pugs just gave up because they couldn’t handle all the wiping.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Thx for the awesome duel and im sorry that a bunch of kitten from my server came in and ruined it.

It might have been me… Not sure :p

Broski

in Match-ups

Laceration.4290

It might have been me… Not sure :p

Fought a bunker guardian? :p

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Match-ups

Dahir.4158

Yeah that was today near Overlook/Mendon. Was that you?

Broski

in Match-ups

Laceration.4290

Yeah that was me ^^ Seemed like hammer worked better against you than sword+focus

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in Match-ups

Dahir.4158

Yeah that was me ^^ Seemed like hammer worked better against you than sword+focus

You’re too tanky for my liking :P

Broski

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

100 page are very easy :

VS is the proof, since the launch, of apologia to mediocrity what GW2 WvW is.
/debate

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

100 page are very easy :

/debate

I see what you did here….

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Ouch. Stingy. 100 pages incoming soon.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aikanaro.2609

Aikanaro.2609

WL on Deso now? “They stopped playing for now”, lol.

ZDs

in Match-ups

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

Excellent news for Deso!

Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Excellent news for Deso!

I don’t quite know why or when it happened but it seemed to come out of the blue and I don’t think anybody knows their intentions. We will still likely drop especially with the new changes to the Glicko system due to a lack of coverage and the fact we’re left with a fragmented wvw community with not many wvw guilds left, atm one borderland has a short queue. Tier 1 isn’t the hottest place to be right now.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

WL stopped yes, there is still some members who moved on Deso for some days to fight versus VS for fun (thats what they told me) but it’s officialy closed, like IRON

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

Well honestly I understand Wl. T1 is dead. And this ac change is the worst ever. Today sfr was bulkitten. We broke bay and what vz did hide inside lord room and inner walls with like 30 ac inside,probably couldn’t drop more because of siege limit… no way you go through this right now. then same kitten in Hills… You have 50+ zerg and dont fight open field why? we were equal numbers,no you go under ac protection and walls. You even build ac in Arah hope before we fight.. What is worse even deso do this kitten….

So glad we are going down a Tier at least some fun and fights. Siege wars and ac pressing 1-2-3 is not fun….. enjoy your fun Vz while you can. Faceless zerg is not the way to win but right now sfr is still rebuilding. And anet changes… Welcome to the wall hiding and ac spamming gg.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

100 page are very easy :

/debate

I am from VS, and I approve.
I wouldn’t call us medicore, but we certainly ain’t good. The problem is there is no high ceiling when it comes to mastering the gameplay, so the opponents are at best … bad.

So yeah, technically it’s all a gigantic bath of meh, because the game does not allow for better.
Remember GuildWars, first of the name, my friends.

in Match-ups

AndrewSX.3794

Today sfr was bulkitten. We broke bay and what vz did hide inside lord room and inner walls with like 30 ac inside,probably couldn’t drop more because of siege limit… no way you go through this right now. then same kitten in Hills… You have 50+ zerg and dont fight open field why? we were equal numbers,no you go under ac protection and walls. You even build ac in Arah hope before we fight..

Yeah, this evening on SFR was really..dunno if right word is ridicolous or pathetic.

60 man blob coming into a tower (cliffside) we were capping trough the broken gate, stop before the bridge and drops 3 AC and 2 balli instead of even think to get crush the outnumbered zerg.
70 man blob running away from our zerg (50 ppl tops) from the SE sentry (from garri) until Hills, and bunkered in with at very least 10x AC firing no stop in front of gate.
And the AC built on the tower in arah’s supply camp when they’ve seen us coming… well….

Yeah. So glad T2 is coming this Friday.

(numbers are just to give ya the scale of the things.)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Still not 100? It looks like you need some help.

Someone said Vizu was cheating.
Someone said Desolation is nothing without IRON
Someone said SFR players are bad, the die against ranger pets

Discuss

/end of trollbait

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

So SFR ppl are you ready to play vs a serv having no organisation, no guild of more than 20 ppl and only a good amount ppl which allows him to stay in D2 ? And vs a good german serv, maybe a little to opportunistic ? And worst of all, almost no ppl on JS and Kodash to make good drama

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Who cares how many pages long it is. It will sink soon and nobody will care to ever take a look at it again in a few days.

Note to the OP: don’t forget to update the title. Actually, can do it already.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Meesor.7243

Meesor.7243

Viz = bad. The fact viz has lowest point tick after resets and is last to get waypoint only proves this further. Only until night raids is viz able to to gain an advantage, sugarcoat it however you want, borderlands, eb, all the same. Numbers are their only advantage, and without it, their general skill level is WAY below tier 1. The misplaced pride of viz over their placement is tier 1 is pretty pathetic, and has turned them into a bunch of arrogant lemmings, unable to function without a blob. Even so, you people that left DESO and SFR to run away from viz are even worse. After seeing how pitiful viz have become over time due to their extreme population, you guys wanna take their place in tier 2? Your making things worse, and no matter where you run off too, no matter what tier you decide to hide in, your gonna have blobs, your gonna have lags, and you might have night raids. Your jealousy of viz owned you, and helped destroy the WVW population that helped to coddle your insecure desire to be in VIZ’s place in tier 2.

(edited by Meesor.7243)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

(…)Numbers are their only advantage, (…) and has turned them into a bunch of kitteny lemmings, unable to function without a blob.

I’ve actually never seen small viz groups, they always have to come in bulk and for the viz guys here saying “we’re not that many”, the outmanned boon is pretty much always on, specially on BLs.

I have loads of screens on my computer showing viz always coming with easily 4 times the force when not more, and tonight that wasn’t even enough in an open field fight, roughly 10v40, where they had to track back and run away.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

mumble

Your words have meaning only inside your head.

How’s that for ipse dixit?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bahamzero.6783

Bahamzero.6783

Had fun most of the 2 months this match up lasted. ( the start was better as the end )
Shout out to the many guilds we fought.

in Match-ups

Meesor.7243

mumble

Your words have meaning only inside your head.

How’s that for ipse dixit?

I will phrase it in a way im sure you understand then, you are sore losers using skill delay and blobs as an excuse to run away from viz.

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

Doesn’t make it better, but nvm. I wasn’t asking for clarification, I was trying to say that you are wrong. Not in having your opinion, everyone’s entitled to one but rather in the way you present it. As an absolute.

It may not have occurred to you, or you may not believe it, but ladder itself hardly means anything for many. It is not an ultimate goal at least.

And yes, I may probably agree with the phrase “you’ve run away from viz”. But not as in “run away from bully”, but rather “run away from party that sucks or from person that bored you to death with their chatter and awful jokes”.

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in Match-ups

Meesor.7243

And you think zerg’s, skill delay etc will magically disappear when you move to another server? hardly. As for proof, do a forum search. If you think tier 1 is the only tier that suffers from these problems, you are wrong. And who was talking about your concern about the ladder? Do you even read what you reply to?

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

And you think zerg’s, skill delay etc will magically disappear when you move to another server? hardly. As for proof, do a forum search. If you think tier 1 is the only tier that suffers from these problems, you are wrong.

You realize you are talking to the guy who already moved to another tier and already had a number of raid runs there, right?

And who was talking about your concern about the ladder? Do you even read what you reply to?

I’ll break it down for you then.
You are saying that “we” are sore losers who ran away from the victor. I’m saying that we are not because what you see as a measure of victory/defeat doesn’t mean kitten for us and does not correlate with how we feel about fighting vs “victor”.

Clearer now?

in Match-ups

Meesor.7243

And you think zerg’s, skill delay etc will magically disappear when you move to another server? hardly. As for proof, do a forum search. If you think tier 1 is the only tier that suffers from these problems, you are wrong.

You realize you are talking to the guy who already moved to another tier and already had a number of raid runs there, right?

And who was talking about your concern about the ladder? Do you even read what you reply to?

I’ll break it down for you then.
You are saying that “we” are sore losers who ran away from the victor. I’m saying that we are not because what you see as a measure of victory/defeat doesn’t mean kitten for us and does not correlate with how we feel about fighting vs “victor”.

Clearer now?

And there is no blobbing or skill lag there huh? Good one. And if you arent in one of the many that ran away because of losing to viz, then why are you arguing about it with me? GH isn’t the only guild on this forum.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Hi Deso’s, what’s your expectation/wishes for next week?
For example:
[ ] Leave T1 as fast as posssible?
[ ] Play a normal match?
[ ] Revenge on Viz?
[ ] Show the newcomer that you are still stronger?
[ ] ….

Thanks for info (and if it has no other sense, every answer helps to fill the 100 pages)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

And there is no blobbing or skill lag there huh? Good one.

I didn’t say that. It’s not black and white, you know.

And if you arent in one of the many that ran away because of losing to viz, then why are you arguing about it with me? GH isn’t the only guild on this forum.

It should have been clear from my first or second post. But I can rephrase it: You was not specific.
If you have something against specific players/guilds, go ahead and address them directly. Though I suppose that would be borderline against forum CoC.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

For example:
[ ] Play a normal match?
[ ] Revenge on Viz?
[ ] ….

Thanks for info (and if it has no other sense, every answer helps to fill the 100 pages)

[x] probably nothing much

We are at the moment rebuilding our community. We got an influx of many new WvWvW players, who don’t know the game yet (e.g. can start building a ram in the middle of nowhere or ask what is supply used for). New guilds are also being formed, some from the ashes of old veteran guilds, so they got superb players. Majority of our veteran commanders are taking a break, either doing pve or just hiding their tag. New commanders now their chance to shine, which is good, because we need fresh blood. We are starting to use multiple commanders on map and better command of PuGs, just like VS has been doing for ages. If VS can win with PuGs, so can others. We just need to better tap into our enormous pve base. I mean those guys have full ascended gear and everything.

So I think you can except to encounter a half-strength Deso. Appearing weak and disorganized most of the time, but at some hours able to dominate the game and hit the enemy like a truck.

I don’t think the glicko system will allow us to drop to tier #1 next week. We need to wait later this month when Arenanet has implemented changes to WvWvW match making.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

For example:
[ ] Play a normal match?
[ ] Revenge on Viz?
[ ] ….

Answer:

Play a normal match, there is no sense in giving up dropping out of tier 1 is still far off in the distance even if we tried, business as usual and we welcome a fresh face to the tier 1 resistance against Viz.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

No more eu tier 1 for me. Thanks for all the fighting and hf.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

This thread deserves 100 pages. Until we meet again T1.
It was fun…for a while!

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Blob blob bloboti blob

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

[X] Leave T1 as fast as posssible?
[X] Play a normal match?
[ ] Revenge on Viz?
[ ] ….

Hi, answered my opinion
We are playing even now but because of the obvious reasons can’t do it 100% now. And I mean 100% of the power we currently have with only few WvW guilds.

While we try to play as normal match as we can it isn’t possible at the moment. Tier 2 is still our destination. Elona sure brings a fresh wind to t1 so we warmly welcome you! I wouldn’t mind little doubleteaming against vs either!

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Ofc there is blobbing and skill lag, but largest blob I met in t3-t4 was 70 people, while I was meeting 100 blobs in t1 on a daily basis. Furthermore most guild in t3-t4 make an effort (sometimes they fail) to not blob. While the mantra in the T1 I left from both Desolation and Vizunah was “We gotta blob to win the matchup”.

So yes, all the issues that existed in T1 still exist in lower tiers, however to a much lower extent. Including blobbing and skill lag (To me they are almost the same thing as one causes the other)

And if you arent in one of the many that ran away because of losing to viz, then why are you arguing about it with me? GH isn’t the only guild on this forum.

It should have been clear from my first or second post. But I can rephrase it: You was not specific.
If you have something against specific players/guilds, go ahead and address them directly. Though I suppose that would be borderline against forum CoC.

Many guilds left T1 each had it’s different reasons. First of all the skill delay and lag due to what the game was like took a heavy toll on the rosters of most guilds. This meant that many national guilds had to transfer to servers that have an active community that speaks their language in order to rebuild and recruit again. Some just didn’t want to play within an environment where so much blobbing and skill lag was present, others just wanted to play the game with less queues. Others left simply because other guilds left so all they had left to fight on an average night were arrow carts.

The picture of why each different guild from either SFR or Desolation left this tier or quit the game is complex, it’s not as simple as Vizunah are winning, we leave. In fact like 1/2 guilds that left from SFR actually left before the SFR winning streak ended. But at the end of the day, in-game mechanics like queuing, skill-lag and small maps that encourage blobbing are the root cause.

It depends on your interpretation of causality here, but I would argue that guilds leaving caused the matchup to be imbalanced, not that the matchup imbalance caused the guilds to leave. Personally I am surprised more Vizunah guilds haven’t given up on the game/this matchup given what it must have been like for them in the last few weeks …. insane queues and few people to fight, little hope for matchup change …

Anyway onwards we go to page 100!

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

(edited by Danielle.3152)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

[X] Leave T1 as fast as posssible?
[X] Play a normal match?
[ ] Revenge on Viz?
[ ] ….

Hi, answered my opinion
We are playing even now but because of the obvious reasons can’t do it 100% now. And I mean 100% of the power we currently have with only few WvW guilds.

While we try to play as normal match as we can it isn’t possible at the moment. Tier 2 is still our destination. Elona sure brings a fresh wind to t1 so we warmly welcome you! I wouldn’t mind little doubleteaming against vs either!

There’s a rather huge point gap to shed that iv found out desolation simply can’t pull off any time soon. Also with SFR now going to tier 2 they have the possibility of holding poll position and tanking their way to keep from bumping back up.

Deso with its inferior coverage and manpower can compete when there are strong opponents to spread population out, since SFR’s demise this hasn’t happened and Viz can stack forces on individual bl’s to run over both of us. That is why these last few weeks have been pants.

I welcome Elona as a strong opponent that will hopefully break the status quo of the last month or so where Viz have had free roam of prime time and don’t have the luxury of stacking and forced to fight two opponents again.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

Personally I am surprised more Vizunah guilds haven’t given up on the game/this matchup given what it must have been like for them in the last few weeks …. insane queues and few people to fight, little hope for matchup change …

Slight correction here, many people left, we’ve had something like 10-15 mins queue at max during prime time this week.
I am happy to see ER next week, hopefully we’ll have some challenge (breaking a door surrounded by 10 upgraded ACs sounds fun, right ? right ?)

in Match-ups

AndrewSX.3794

Slight correction here, many people left, we’ve had something like 10-15 mins queue at max during prime time this week.

Wild guess about why VS ppl aren’t much interested in joining wvw maps:
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16/
(look at PPTs)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

VS must have map completion for all their population during the past month

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Ofc there is blobbing and skill lag, but largest blob I met in t3-t4 was 70 people, while I was meeting 100 blobs in t1 on a daily basis. Furthermore most guild in t3-t4 make an effort (sometimes they fail) to not blob. While the mantra in the T1 I left from both Desolation and Vizunah was “We gotta blob to win the matchup”.

So yes, all the issues that existed in T1 still exist in lower tiers, however to a much lower extent. Including blobbing and skill lag (To me they are almost the same thing as one causes the other)

Many guilds left T1 each had it’s different reasons. First of all the skill delay and lag due to what the game was like took a heavy toll on the rosters of most guilds. This meant that many national guilds had to transfer to servers that have an active community that speaks their language in order to rebuild and recruit again. Some just didn’t want to play within an environment where so much blobbing and skill lag was present, others just wanted to play the game with less queues. Others left simply because other guilds left so all they had left to fight on an average night were arrow carts.

The picture of why each different guild from either SFR or Desolation left this tier or quit the game is complex, it’s not as simple as Vizunah are winning, we leave. In fact like 1/2 guilds that left from SFR actually left before the SFR winning streak ended. But at the end of the day, in-game mechanics like queuing, skill-lag and small maps that encourage blobbing are the root cause.

It depends on your interpretation of causality here, but I would argue that guilds leaving caused the matchup to be imbalanced, not that the matchup imbalance caused the guilds to leave. Personally I am surprised more Vizunah guilds haven’t given up on the game/this matchup given what it must have been like for them in the last few weeks …. insane queues and few people to fight, little hope for matchup change …

Anyway onwards we go to page 100!

Isn’t that what it’s been told already? the crap we’re sinking in now, it’s both fault of anet with thier free transfer, but on the same levels of the guilds leaving.
And come the kitten on, queues aren’t that big of a deal. Viz can face hours of queue, our guildies can’t face 10-15 min queue? Bah.