WSR looking for that 1 extra guild !

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zeal.1376

Zeal.1376

Hello WvW’ers.

We from WSR are stuck in the hole that is T8, altho it being very fun, we always come in 2nd place ( sometimes 3rd ). Our main problem is lacking organised WvW guilds.

Right now we have maybe 4, by which i mean 15 ppl +- running together per guild at reset.

Our border is constantly being pressured and we have become masters at defence this way, however, we’re very tired of always having to turtle in our own borderland, without being able to get the pressure off us by attacking a different border.

Are you a guild tired of the lag in your server?
Would you like to make a impact on strong community server ?
WSR will welcome you with open arms !

We don’t ask for much, just for once that we are the server getting a guild, and not our opponents :P.

We have public raidcall with 10K slots. We have strong and organised commanders who are respected by the majority of the community on whiteside ridge and we never give up !

If you’d like some more info, please feel free to whisper any of the following ingame:
- We Be Husslin
- Herbaliser
- Enjeru Witch
- Illiada
- Skwas
- Catkins Meowser

Thanks in advance for considering us, I hope to meet you alongside us on the battlefield.

P.S.: We’re a medium pop server, it’s only 500 gems !

We Be Husslin/ Im A Husslah Baby/ El Husslar/ – We Be Chilling –

in Looking for...

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

Our border is constantly being pressured and we have become masters at defence this way, however, we’re very tired of always having to turtle in our own borderland, without being able to get the pressure off us by attacking a different border.

Very often the enemy borders are ripe for the taking but we don’t quite have the numbers to hold our own at the same time. A guild that could field around 20 players regularly would make a noticable difference, probably more so than in any other server (except perhaps Vabbi and FoW).

Since the game launched it always seems to be our opponents that get transfers, so the WvW community here would be really pleased to see any new faces.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Hello WvW’ers.

We from WSR are stuck in the hole that is T8, altho it being very fun, we always come in 2nd place ( sometimes 3rd ). Our main problem is lacking organised WvW guilds.

Right now we have maybe 4, by which i mean 15 ppl +- running together per guild at reset.

Are you a guild tired of the lag in your server?
Would you like to make a impact on strong community server ?
WSR will welcome you with open arms !

We don’t ask for much, just for once that we are the server getting a guild, and not our opponents :P.

We have public raidcall with 10K slots. We have strong and organised commanders who are respected by the majority of the community on whiteside ridge and we never give up !

If you’d like some more info, please feel free to whisper any of the following ingame:
- We Be Husslin
- Herbaliser
- Enjeru Witch
- Illiada
- Skwas
- Catkins Meowser

Thanks in advance for considering us, I hope to meet you alongside us on the battlefield.

P.S.: We’re a medium pop server, it’s only 500 gems !

Let me start by saying I agree with everything said in this post.
I transferred to WSR recently, coming from Piken Square where the queues were eating up my limited game time.
WSR is a fun underdog server, much like the old Piken Square.

Having a few more small or medium organised guilds would indeed help a lot on putting pressure in the borderlands.

But sorry to say, I also see a lot of things we can improve in WSR itself.
I would never call us ‘masters of defense’ from what I see in EB mostly. There is quite a bit to improve there.
Something that other guilds might add if they come here.

I’ll give a few examples:
Last night I spend hours (literally) on putting arrow carts in towers we took, putting down the plans and building them. I also ordered at least 5 tower upgrades in those same towers we took (T1 and T2).

I am not a commander, I’m not even commanding the guild I run with. Heck, my guild wasn’t even in EB except for 2 of us…
But still I had to order the upgrades, put down the plans and worst of all: I was often alone running the supplies to build those plans.

When one of our commanders take a tower, they should immediately ask for siege to be put down. And start building. Than they should run to the closest supply camp and either take it, or simply take the supplies and return to the tower. Finish all siege, start the upgrade… and than move on to other fights.

Why is this relevant here?
Very often our commanders take their group of small randoms to other fights, because that group is about all we have.
They face the choice between spending time on upgrading and defences, or actually attacking and fun fights.
Most commanders go for the fighting, and that is also why most players follow those commanders.

All of this is happening with the ‘outmanned’ buff on all the time.

If we have a few more guilds, we can split forces better, react faster, and pressure one side while upgrading the other.

From where I stand, I feel like we can improve a lot ourselves.
But I fully agree we need some more numbers to really make it work.

Just be carefull what you ask for: if we suddenly get an influx of guilds, things will skyrocket, burn out… and fall flat on their face for a while.
As I said: I came from Piken Square…

We need a few more, not half a servers worth.
But for those considering to come over: you will be welcomed by a small fiesty server that is just waiting to get in the fight.
You won’t be bored, guaranteed

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Looking for...

Posted by: Santus.3702

Santus.3702

I’m in GH but I support WSR too. WSR is underrated. If you want to tier down a bit avoiding the bandwagon choose WSR hands down. Definitely a server worth a transfer.

Better to Reign in Hell, Than Serve in Heav’n.

in Looking for...

Posted by: evildan.8260

evildan.8260

WSR have always shown good fighting spirit and are a great bunch of lads. Definitely worth consideration for a transfer.

in Looking for...

Posted by: mtRXX.8793

mtRXX.8793

Yes we need improvements, definitly on EB cause once we have SM (like last night till midday today) people will run to SM without heads and don’t see their T3 fully upgraded towers go down. Thats just 1 example in EB we got alot more issues regarding the def siege and keeping camps/running dollies.

You are right on the defence in EB but who did you think got WSR border fully red most of the evening/night? That’s where the real defenders are. Talking about the guild TEO, WAR and WBC. Also other friends/players who join up with us all in the same raidcall channel.

Also thanks for all the compliments and I really do hope any WvW guild which is looking for transfer can see this cause if we get any more support we will be able to make alot more difference.

Herb The High / Herbaliser / In Between Space
We Be Chilling – High Commander
GH

in Looking for...

Kimbald.2697

Yes we need improvements, definitly on EB cause once we have SM (like last night till midday today) people will run to SM without heads and don’t see their T3 fully upgraded towers go down. Thats just 1 example in EB we got alot more issues regarding the def siege and keeping camps/running dollies.

You are right on the defence in EB but who did you think got WSR border fully red most of the evening/night? That’s where the real defenders are. Talking about the guild TEO, WAR and WBC. Also other friends/players who join up with us all in the same raidcall channel.

Also thanks for all the compliments and I really do hope any WvW guild which is looking for transfer can see this cause if we get any more support we will be able to make alot more difference.

I started by saying I agree with your post, didn’t I?

The real defenders have to be everywhere. This touches upon the need of inded a few more numbers, or an organised guild.

I fully appreciate the work being done in the borderlines of course.
But that doesn’t take away the fact there can still be room for improvement.

The message I want to give to candidate guilds is that they can contribute, that they can add their own strategies… since we haven’t got all our own strategies set in stone yet.

I point at the flaws to show where new strenght can be found.

By the way, I joined the EB Raid channel, despite our guild usually using their own TS.
The raidcall EB group was cosy… and wasn’t about EB
I said hi to the guys there and went on my way.

The borderlands channel was indeed packed and active. It was easy to see where the bulk of the fighting went on.

But none of this changes the fact EB, or any map, needs their strategic play as well.

New blood can help this, and for them the opportunity is that they can make in a difference in their own way.
This alone, should be a great incentive to join this fierce little server!

in Looking for...

mtRXX.8793

Like Zeal said “Our border is constantly being pressured and we have become masters at defence this way”

I quote you: “I would never call us ‘masters of defense’ from what I see in EB mostly”

As you can see the difference, we are defending our border cause we aint got any chance to move to another border to get pressure off us, or help out in EB.

This is the reason why we are in the need of a freshly organised WvW guild at our side on WSR!

GH

in Looking for...

Kimbald.2697

Like Zeal said “Our border is constantly being pressured and we have become masters at defence this way”

I quote you: “I would never call us ‘masters of defense’ from what I see in EB mostly”

As you can see the difference, we are defending our border cause we aint got any chance to move to another border to get pressure off us, or help out in EB.

This is the reason why we are in the need of a freshly organised WvW guild at our side on WSR!

I made that distinction yes, it was exactly my point.
Used EB as an example of how we fall short in the bigger fight, even though we have several groups holding our border pretty well despite the odds.

We can’t only look at what we do in our borderlands to say if we are doing it right or not. What I described in EB should be common practice to first siege up a tower before moving along.
It shows where new guilds have room to make a difference.

It’s nobodies fault that we ‘fall short’, it’s the numbers game and nothing more.

But that should never stop us from looking at how we can improve.
My appraoch is this: if we ask a guild to come over, they should also know we’re still improving ourselves.
They won’t be joining a finished server with a fixed organisation. They will be joining a server which is still growing and developping it’s strategy.

I don’t try to put down the efforts that are being made. I merely point at where we can do things better, and more relevant: where new guilds can make a difference.

in Looking for...

Murderous Clown.9723

I’d just like to reiterate the fact that the community raidcall is somewhere anyone is welcome to go, not just the main WvW guilds that made it. My guild uses it’s own teamspeak but I like to pop onto the raidcall every now and again either to coordinate or simply join up with the other guilds.

Regarding the quality of our defense, I think the main problem is, outside of our borderlands, we can’t sustain decent numbers for more than a few hours at a time. When we are on terms with our opponents we almost always make things difficult. Then a guild leaves for a guild mission/break/whatever and we end up outmanned for a while.
Just 1 or 2 more guilds would help us hold a much more consistent threat.

Piken Square

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Indeed, that 1 extra guild could also give the current guilds a breather sometimes which would result in a not-so-tired-of-defending-our-own-borderland-mentality. All we can do is hope !

I’d also like to state we want balanced and good fights – Please come here only if you mean to stay, and not just to bandwagon.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Scootus.3251

Scootus.3251

Plus you can’t judge our defenses when nobody was online to defend, that simply adds to what we are trying to say about numbers being the issue when you steamroll our borderlands when we have the out manned buff…

Please don’t crash our recruitment thread with petty comments…

Scootus Khan [WBC] – Whiteside Ridge

in Looking for...

Kimbald.2697

It doesn’t matter Sccotus. Let them boast.
We’ll show our fighting spirit still, and that will be our biggest advert in the end.

Let’s not fall back to forum wars because we get beaten in the real one.
we can still hit back, we can still fight, no matter the odds.

They can have the points, we’ll settle for the pride.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

WSR has some nice players, that don’t cry on forum when they are losing.
They also defend well when they have players online. A good opponent and a server worth to transfer

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Looking for...

mtRXX.8793

Thank you for the compliments Zgorzel

GH

in Looking for...

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

We appreciate the kind words from our (previous) opponents!

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in Looking for...

Murderous Clown.9723

It is nice to hear these kind words. I wonder what Arborstone has to say about us having been our main rival for a few months now.

Piken Square

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

Probably nothing too nice, we do tend to target one another in a bid to stay out of the dreaded tier 9…

in Looking for...

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I also have to agree, I think WSR is a really nice server and I am also an enemy of theirs from RoF.
Their defense and general gameplay is pretty good for these tiers but they are lacking some numbers most of the time. I would welcome, if they would get a small guild or two in to make tier 8 a little more even.
You can have any kind of gameplay here, from solo-roaming, to small havoc teams, GvG and also some nice zerg fights once in a while.
This is also a nice place to learn how to play wvw or to try out new tactics for a more experienced guild. And if you are a good commander that likes to teach unorganized groups or invade enemy borderlands, you should consider WSR.

Greetings from Ring of Fire, hope to bash your head in soon!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Looking for...

Posted by: xandermander.4810

xandermander.4810

Thanks Wanze for those kind words about wsr.
And i also hope to bash your head in soon. ^^

Xandermander – Guardian
Xicial– Elementalist
Crimson Conspiracy [CC] Gunnars Hold

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Go Go Wsr Hoping that you get more guild (Old-rddt here)

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Looking for...

Murderous Clown.9723

You can have any kind of gameplay here, from solo-roaming, to small havoc teams, GvG and also some nice zerg fights once in a while.

This is the main reason I like being in this tier. I can go with my guild to cap some stuff in an enemy border without getting steamrolled by a reactionary blob. Last week we had a blast holding Redlake tower for an entire evening against GH. They trebbed down all our walls from Hills and we proceeded to duke it out on the stairs in the tower time after time.

Piken Square

in Looking for...

Posted by: bareguildin.4589

bareguildin.4589

I do like hearing from GH, they are a class act!
Although their numbers are overwhelming, they are a very fun opponent.

Would love to see another guild in WsR though – we’ve got such a high spirit, and great cohesion, just them numbers we need to work on!

Tor [WBC] “I love the smell of smashed skull on reset night..and freshly cut grass.”

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Thanks for all the kind words, one can only hope we get that extra boost of players soon

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

I also have to agree, I think WSR is a really nice server and I am also an enemy of theirs from RoF.
Their defense and general gameplay is pretty good for these tiers but they are lacking some numbers most of the time. I would welcome, if they would get a small guild or two in to make tier 8 a little more even.

Thank you Wanze, I have to stress that we are not looking for mass transfers or anything like that its just we need more numbers to be able to take the fight to the enemy more often than we do now.

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Yea, like scootus mentioned. We want guilds that want to stay. Not just bandwagon to leave afterwards. We rather have fair & good fights.

in Looking for...

Kimbald.2697

I came from a server that has long queue’s. And when you finally get in, you are likely to run into a full zerg or an organised guild. Small teams had very little playground in there.
And if you joined your own zerg, because of course your server did that too, than there was lag.

On WSR I am still pleasantly surprised every single evening that I can log in during prime time and immediately hop into WvW.
When I get there I have the option to join one of the few commanders around, create a camp squad with guildies, or simply go scouting alone which I usually do.

If I join the main group, hardly worth calling a zerg, lag is actually pretty minimal. it’s there sometimes but nothing like what I experienced before.

Sometimes we face a pretty large group for our standards, and than we have to retreat and defend inside.
But hey: it’s fun too.

It’s absolutely great to be able to chose your playstyle for the evening.
Roaming, solo, squad, guild, zerg… it’s all doable and fun.

Most of the time we’re outnumbered, so we do need more. And at best we could do with another organised bunch.
But I’ll have you know that if you join here, you’ll be able to have fun! No matter how you play your game.

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Yea, Fun guaranteed on here on WSR:)

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

I’m going to bump this since i’ve seen another example last night of us being strong enough to fight the enemy but not numerous enough to give us the freedom to act on this properly.

If we move to another borderland or make a push into enemy territory in EB its rarely more that 10-15 minutes before we all have to rush back to our own borderlands to defend because its empty and one of the other servers has noticed this.

Even the addition of a small roaming guild would have a noticeable effect on our little server, trust me there is no shortage of enemies to fight..

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Preach brother preach !

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

A very funny and great night to be a part of WSR yesterday. Don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much as yesterday. Prospective guilds can be a part of this ! Join the Whiteside.. Ridge.. !

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

Our guild leaders posted a couple of videos of our antics last night on our match up thread if you would like to see what playing on WSR is like.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/RoF-vs-WSR-vs-AS/page/2#post2083815

in Looking for...

mtRXX.8793

TEO and WBC having some fun in the raid ystd

GH

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

Hopefully we will be able to get some videos up on here with a little more serious fighting in it to give any prospective guilds an idea of what the combat is like here in tier 8 soon too.

in Looking for...

Posted by: GoNeKrAzY.7308

GoNeKrAzY.7308

[TEO] Sigurd Hsring
Gunnar’s Hold
Probably the Only Existing Neon Norn Engineer

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Awesome vid sig, too bad I missed it.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Bump

15 thingy-ma-doobs

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tioc.5638

Tioc.5638

Its nice to read so many positive comments from the servers we play against. One , even small, organised WvW guild could make a real difference to this servers battles, come join the fun on a server where you choose how you play without having to face the red blob that is all you find on higher ranked servers.

TEO ~ staff ele hiding at the back ~ WSR

in Looking for...

Posted by: Alesh.4196

Alesh.4196

I agree. I was attacking WSR Hills today afternoon and even thought they were outmanned 50% of whole time, they were countering all our siege(yep we didnt use single golem insane right :P?) untill last supply left. A they put up some good fights. I was actually asking my guild to join WSR when we were considering change of servers. You deffinitely are server worthy transfer to.
And unlike Arborstone (our second 8T match up) they are honorable and they don’t use zoom Exploit thingy on ACs.

Poke Master – Commander [TaG]/[ICON] RoF

(edited by Alesh.4196)

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

Thanks Alesh, we take pride in fighting it out fair and square ( there are always some rotten apples tho :/ )

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

This thread seems to have recruited a few individual players which is great, but a guild would allow us to share the load with another organised group.

Please consider us if you are thinking of transferring.

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

I agree scootus. The few solo’ers that transfered are making it more fun, but we still are in need of that 1 guild to relieve some pressure off the other guilds’ shoulders

in Looking for...

Posted by: Powazappa.6937

Powazappa.6937

some good organisation on this server, but lacking in numbers abit, just 1 more guild would really make a difference.

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

I’m another GH player but for any guild looking for a decent server to setup on and get away from the t1-t4 zergs you’d be hard pushed to find a better bunch than the WSR crowd.

Really decent people on the server and always put up a really good fight.

Thank you Thomas,

Again much appreciated. It’s funny since earlier we were talking about how much more fun it was to fight GH. We learned a lot fighting you guys and at least you fought back hard ! Then again, the past week has been struck by many problems which caused WvW to be less of a fun experience.

Maybe with the new match up system we can meet on the battlefield once again.
Again, Thanks for the kind words

in Looking for...

Tioc.5638

After Friday, no more locked in t8, a great chance to move your guild to a server where you can make a real difference, from RoS to Vabbi the (Wv) worlds are there for the taking.
The last few weeks have shown that we have regularly defended ourselves against servers fielding much larger forces then us over all the maps, and taken the fight to them whenever we could.
If you are thinking of moving, we are a server with next to no queues, a good community in WvW, some great commanders and fun still plays a big part in our daily battles.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

A really great server with decent people and the weeks we (Gunnars Hold) spent fighting them was enjoyable both at the field and at the forums. No trolling, no boasting just civil discussions.
I would definitely play there if i wasn’t at Gunnars.
Good luck guys you deserve some assistance.

in Looking for...

Posted by: GundamSentinel.6470

GundamSentinel.6470

Good to see those kind words about our server. We’ve been getting more organized over the past few weeks and playing WSR has been more fun because of it. We’re holding our own as best as possible, but some assistance would be nice.

(edited by GundamSentinel.6470)

in Looking for...

Scootus.3251

A really great server with decent people and the weeks we (Gunnars Hold) spent fighting them was enjoyable both at the field and at the forums. No trolling, no boasting just civil discussions.
I would definitely play there if i wasn’t at Gunnars.
Good luck guys you deserve some assistance.

Thank you for the kind words Genotix WSR feels the same way about you guys.

We have put a fair bit of effort in the last few weeks into improving our organised game play and as such have managed to remain competitive as the weeks go by but its hard not to notice the growing population imbalance as other servers continue to receive new guilds.

Again please consider WSR if you are looking for a friendly/active/queue-less home.

in Looking for...

Tioc.5638

Wee bump for this thread, c’mon people you know it makes sense.

in Looking for...

Zeal.1376

It makes more sense then just sense ! It makes all the sense that sense can make !