What happened to Henge of Denravi?

in WvW

Posted by: Elias.3204

Elias.3204

For the last two weeks now, WvW for our server has been a losing battle. The score tonight was literally 360,000 to 2,000. What happened? How do you get a dead WvWvW server to come back to life?

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

Until some HUGH alliance decide to show e world they can bring a dead server to tier 1, it wil stay dead.

in WvW

Elias.3204

Is it time to transfer servers then? Is that my only choice? Or is this a failing of the WvWvW system in general?

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

It will be known as the…

HoD Effect.

Move to any of the contender servers while you can, imo, and start to enjoy Wv3 again. No one is going to go back to HoD after what happened to it. It’s like…cursed.

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

A lot of their WvW guilds moved to other servers. Specifically, Blackgate/Sea of Sorrows

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

Server Transfers Happened.. just like the rest of the servers that are suffering.. not just them

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

fixit.7189

A lot of their WvW guilds moved to other servers. Specifically, Blackgate/Sea of Sorrows

Correct, however many went to SBI, SoS, and JQ as well.

Heck a bunch went to Kaineng too lol.

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

Make it a verb… HoD, HoDs and HoDed.

in WvW

Elias.3204

Dang… I just picked the wrong server then huh? Are there any ranking online anywhere I can check to make sure I don’t pick another lemon?

in WvW

fixit.7189

Rankings are stickied and updated.

Also check the various VS threads in this section and see how things are going between all the servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Topquark.6247

Topquark.6247

I’m on HoD and I feel like GW2 is dead (for me). Does anyone have any constructive suggestions for a server that is somewhat WvWvW competitive/organized, but doesn’t have hour long wait times, with an active PvE contingent as well?

in WvW

Posted by: aeroh.8930

aeroh.8930

I have a feeling that free transfers will be ending in the near future now that SBI is A#1. It’s the official unoffical anet employee server. I expert it to swell up with transfers, and then deflate like HoD when the big guilds get sick of the mega queues. So maybe after the developers see first hand how free transfers are killing healthy servers, they’ll get motivated to do something about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Marthiarn.8107

Marthiarn.8107

Same thing happened to ET as well. Mega guild leaves and takes half of WvW pop. Hard to overcome a loss like that.

ET’d sounds better than HoD’d, imo. Both work however

in WvW

Posted by: Dorps.8610

Dorps.8610

@topquark
you are basicly asking for a server that has a high pop has big wvw presence but you dont want to queue for wvw im sorry but you are not going to have that happen any of the servers that are competative 24/7 have huge queues in peak times

in WvW

fixit.7189

You will have to contend with the fact that if you want to be on a server with lots of players for both PvE and PvP: will face a que time. It’s certainly better than getting spawn camped with no people to fight back. I don’t like it, personally, but this is what GW2 has turned into sadly.

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

im assuming you are american then sea of sorrows is probably the best option for you being an (unofficial) oceanic server it fits the needs of low queue times for our newly formed NA players

in WvW

Posted by: Mordyth.9018

Mordyth.9018

For the last two weeks now, WvW for our server has been a losing battle. The score tonight was literally 360,000 to 2,000. What happened? How do you get a dead WvWvW server to come back to life?

What happened to Henge was the result of the reciprocal relationship between free and fast server transfers with Glicko 2 ratings updated weekly. One allows for rapid changes in strength while the other accounts for them slowly. Within one week, HoD probably fell about 3 tiers but they stayed in tier one for an additional week. This demoralizes and bores players more and then more leave. With every match they are in an inappropriate tier and more players lose patience and leave, thereby extending the time it will take for them to be ranked properly . The death spiral is still in effect and watching the rankings try to catch up to what’s happening there is a comical indictment of how horribly thought out the entire system was.

Mithrull (TSym) Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Mordyth.9018)

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

You shouldn’t consider rating as a kitten thing in the first place. It’s sole purpose is to match you with an equal server.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Brave Dragon.2648

Brave Dragon.2648

Meh, we’re prolly gonna drop a few more ranks before we’re at our true elo of some sort. Don’t mind it, really. The queue times during the first weeks were horrendous.

Now I can go in and make hidden trebuchets with the gold I farmed in Orr. Peeps telling me to leave, but I invested a bit too much in this server and my one-man guild to bother.

Headhunter Yi – Tarnished Coast
“Can’t be slowed.”

in WvW

Posted by: Milf Bar.1547

Milf Bar.1547

All we need right now is to have equal match, so that we don’t get turned off by those constant zerg waves.
Stopping free transfer might fix, but I think we need more than that to get back on top.

Probably, We need more people who appreciate semi-permanent out-manned boon.

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

The worst part is that HoD still hangs around in the higher tiered server matches just because of their past success. WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW IS JUST SAD. Get them out of T2…heck, I don’t even think they can be in T3. Them being mismatched definitely ruined the T2 match this week.

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

HoD is just fine. They’re just called Blackgate now.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

Correct, however many went to SBI, SoS, and JQ as well.

Heck a bunch went to Kaineng too lol.

Know which guilds transferred to Kaineng?

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Elias.3204

So, is this something that will correct itself in time as HoD drops into lower tiers? If so, how long is it going to take?

in WvW

Posted by: Heresiarch.9402

Heresiarch.9402

Well…

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/856-wvw-rankings-as-of-october-26th/

The rankings and your placement up there show that it might be a while before your server meets another with similar… issues.

Murder, madness, death divine; hell hath no fury like my kind. <3

in WvW

Posted by: Brave Dragon.2648

Brave Dragon.2648

Yeah, technically we’re gonna have to deal with another month of getting our butts kicked before we’re at our true ranking.

Headhunter Yi – Tarnished Coast
“Can’t be slowed.”

in WvW

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

HoD is just fine. They’re just called Blackgate now.

But Blackgate is only staying competitive due to constant cheating. HoD was legit.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Blackgate = Bandwagongate. No offense to those of you who are original to BG.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Otter.9238

Otter.9238

But Blackgate is only staying competitive due to constant cheating. HoD was legit.

Oh please. There are tons of us playing perfectly legitimately and holding our own. I was on BG BL when the orb got hacked and NOBODY in chat was happy about it. We all wanted to win it back properly.

Besides, it’s hard to see the other T1 servers as paragons of amazing gameplay when JQ throws up two trebs at Foghaven and then a minute later loses them to my squad of 4 people.