What is your policies about cheating and bug using in WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Biaphynn.8291

Biaphynn.8291

First i apology because my english is very bad. i hope u will be comprehensive.

Why are you doing nothing against servers using cheats and bugs intentionnaly ?

The most annoying things are the cheats about orbs. Every week one server is cheating and gain 1 or 2 free orbs.

This week, Baruch is the winner, 2 free orbs, one is “invisible” on the baruch’s map and isnt reseting

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Fynda Uthis.7694

Fynda Uthis.7694

I don’t know, but last night we also saw a Desolation guild using speed/flyhack, the map chat was full of whining because they capped the whole map in 5 min and also they said that SOME guilds from US are playing in EU, because during night they can hack freely, because most of us are sleeping, so the chances of getting caught are low.

We checked google, and the first result we found was a working hack (well thats what their forum said). Since then some of us have stopped playing, if it is this easy to get a hack, use it freely in WvWvW and not get perma-banned, then we won’t spend our money and time playing this game.

Note: some GUILDS are using speed/wall/fly hacks since weeks, we’ve reported them, nothing changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorgrum.4679

Thorgrum.4679

We checked google, and the first result we found was a working hack (well thats what their forum said). Since then some of us have stopped playing, if it is this easy to get a hack, use it freely in WvWvW and not get perma-banned, then we won’t spend our money and time playing this game.

I am begining to fall into this camp as well. The hacks and lack of action on them is a deal breaker for me. I like WvWvW, but the lack of perma banning people for knowingly using hacks will harken me back to one of my old MMO’s. Im hopeful things get better soon, i bought Gw2 specifically for the PvP and for the most part its really good outside of the hacks.

Just reading the chats on my server, I know im not alone. Guess we will see what Anet does, time is ticking away.

in WvW

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

Anet policy is that players should do anet`s job which is controlling the hackers issue. Anet doesnt care about hackers and their negative influence in game. The game is easily hackable and will forever be . When you complain about it, they tell you that YOU should report them. Then they proceed to ban that account without repairing the damage done.

Well, Im afraid Anet that providing a fair enviroment for players is your responsability, not ours. So if you are planning on answering this thread with “report hackers” think it twice.

Notice how the thread will be locked without a proper answer to this serious issue.

in WvW

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

1.When the hacking will end Anet?
2. Why dont you repair the damage done by hackers? like taking back orbs, or taking points from hackers?
3. Why do you depend on us to report hackers?

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

About the invisible bug:
The blue map is bugged, that same thing happened to use before during the last 2-3 days of the previous matchups. That’s when the bugg popped up, Green would have our orb and we couldn’t get it back.

Now same thing has happened, but now in our favor, the orb stays blue, even if green takes the keep, it’s really just invisible.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Arawn.3674

Arawn.3674

1.When the hacking will end Anet?
2. Why dont you repair the damage done by hackers? like taking back orbs, or taking points from hackers?
3. Why do you depend on us to report hackers?

1.) Since it isn’t Anet’s fault that there are Hackers out there, I assume this is more of a rhetorical question, correct?

2.) Because they can’t be sure which orb, which keep, which camp was taken because of a hack, or just because of normal players playing the game. Even if several users report that the enemy got their orb because of a hack, Anet can’t be sure if that’s the truth (unless someone actually took screenshots as proof – screenshots that SHOW the hack being used, not just the result). And it would be extremely unfair to take away the enemy’s orb just because another server nagged about it. Imagine YOUR server would lose its orb because your enemies chewed off Anet’s ears that your orb was just hacked and cheated.

3.) This should be pretty obvious. How can Anet know who is a hacker and who isn’t? Through ingame investigation, sure, but they have, what, maybe 200 people in the game? Do you expect those 200 to constantly be on the lookout for hackers 24/7? Even then, they wouldn’t even find 10% of all the cheaters and hackers out there, because – and this is important – Anet can’t be everywhere. They are doing the best they can, and the only reason they ask for your reports is to help them do it. It’s not like they’re saying “We won’t do it, you have to!”. It’s rather “We’re doing our best, but it would work a lot faster with your input.” Suddenly, you don’t have 200 people on the lookout, but 2 million or more. It’s just common sense, really.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% against cheating and hacking in WvW. However, I’m also against just blindly hating against Anet because they’re supposedly “too lazy” to do anything. Of course they care about the negative influence of hackers, why shouldn’t they?! It’s just that they don’t have an ultimate weapon against them yet either.
So: making people aware of the problem of WvW hacking – good! Hating against Anet for doing nothing – bad and false!

Dekk Under The Wind
Aurora Glade – Thievery Corporation [iSpy]

in WvW

Posted by: xytale.2146

xytale.2146

@Arawn

Sorry, but #3 is a copout. This has been going on for over two weeks, numerous screenshots have been provided on multiple servers — there is even a video on YouTube. They should be able to verify this through the data if they have the time it occurred and a screenshot. They don’t have to actually be there in person when it happened.

So far, they haven’t even ACKNOWLEDGED the problem exists — much less banned a user or fixed it. This hack is gamebreaking — it will kill WvW completely. As in…people leaving in droves…if it isn’t fixed quickly. It should be their #1 priority and at the very least they should have made an announcement that anyone caught doing it will be permabanned — just for deterrent effect.