When will the new culling system be removed?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Q:

Anet,

When will this new culling system be removed? You got the feedback in December that it didn’t work and now you are hearing again that it doesn’t work. Can you give us an idea on your plans?

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

Another hate thread… please close.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Most of us that enjoy this new culling method and prefer it aren’t flocking to the forums to complain.

Just because there are a lot of disgruntled people making posts (which is going to be the case as long as culling is even an issue) does not mean things should be reverted.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

I disapprove of this question. You got the last trial culling system removed and it was better too.. staaahp

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Powazappa.6937

Powazappa.6937

This new culling system cant be removed soon enough, its barely playable with people randomly loading in.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Culling NEVER should have been put into the game. It’s an unacceptable thing to have in PVP.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I know, I hate being able to see the enemy from a distance too. I miss the old system of being able to blissfully run around an empty field only to find myself surrounded by red names before a quick death.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

use an existing thread where many have disagreed and want the culling to stay.

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

This question is total spam. I would say that most people that I know are quiet happy with this new system, WvW works a lot better than before now after the patch. If you however are having technical difficulties, check out the support forum and address your problems there. That way you might actually get help and you just might find a solution to your problem.

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Current system is worse, leading without tag is impossible when in guild groups. And when following a commander tag I feel like I’m playing starcraft, looking at the minimap most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Culling NEVER should have been put into the game. It’s an unacceptable thing to have in PVP.

Signed!

Only dilettantes will put system like culling in the massPVP game.

I have just 1 question: WTF they tested at the all BWEs??? What they thinked about? WWW will have only 10 players from the each side and all will be ok? But in fact we have hundred of WWW-oriented players every second! Big queues in the prime-time.
And obvious thing is - game-engine can not handle not only very massive battles (200x200), but even little scaled battles too - yesterday I got culling in ... 10x10 fight! ><
We have culling in the PVE now! It so pathetic >< I neever seen that stupidness in the game design before, but I have very rich MMO experience - more than 9 years (God, so long...)

And there is another question: if they did not have engine for massive battles - why the hell they make that massive battles? They scum their customers - all of us!
They promise us massive WvWvW battles and what we got? battles between invisible mans? Lol.

This game about WWW! Nothing else! Without WWW this game will have very low population

Didnt even try to report my post! Let the Community manager and the Lead designer will answer it! At least they’ll see it and will cry whole night ^^

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(edited by SilverWF.4789)

in WvW

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

i do not like the new culling system. my specs werent amazing as somethings did not load before, now it is worse. people in my guild who previously didn’t experience culling, are now experiencing culling. i now also experience culling on my team that im with which is something new. all in all new culling system i rate 0/10.

oh yeah and this is my first post on the subject. so if there was another thread sorry i missed it.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

This question is total spam. I would say that most people that I know are quiet happy with this new system, WvW works a lot better than before now after the patch. If you however are having technical difficulties, check out the support forum and address your problems there. That way you might actually get help and you just might find a solution to your problem.

What is your server and guild?

I’m from the Nugos guild, Disorder League alliance (GreenFire, DalZone, ZaDrots (at FarSh)) we was in the 1st tier servers many times (at Far Shiverpeaks, Blacktide servers), we have fights against very good and numbered enemies (Vizunah, Seafarer, Desolation, Elona, Riverside) day by day, week by week, all of us servers always got nearly 1 hour queues at the WWW maps.
So if I’m talking about WWW - I know what I’m talking about

And who are you and why we must trust you and your friends from the nowhere?

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

Considering my system beats the recommended specs by quite a bit, runs on a clean win7 system with most up to date drivers I doubt that the support forum will be of any help.

Maybe you should actually join WvW with a WvW guild once?

in WvW

Posted by: Metixo.5086

Metixo.5086

I’m from the Nugos guild, Disorder League alliance (GreenFire, DalZone, ZaDrots (at FarSh)) we was in the 1st tier servers many times (at Far Shiverpeaks, Blacktide servers), we have fights against very good and numbered enemies (Vizunah, Seafarer, Desolation, Elona, Riverside) day by day, week by week, all of us servers always got nearly 1 hour queues at the WWW maps.
So if I’m talking about WWW – I know what I’m talking about

That would be DW, and as you might know we are right now one of the biggest and most active guilds in WvW on our server.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

The preloaders should have been added, but the culling system should not have.

Did any of the mods inform the devs about all the negative feedback about this culling system in December? I for one hardly saw any positive thread about it, and yet Anet decided to bring it back. So what gave then the thought that we all liked it? If we liked it why dd they have to remove it if it was so good.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

So if I’m talking about WWW – I know what I’m talking about

That would be DW, and as you might know we are right now one of the biggest and most active guilds in WvW on our server.

Your answer equal to no any answer.

I repeat: what is your server and guild?

If you think I will Googling like crazy about meaning of the “DW” and where are you playing at – you are mistaken.

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Currently it is a disaster, especially on high pop servers. Absolute disaster, far far worse than it was before.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

if anyone thinks its better its probably because their are half the numbers in the zones than their used to be. if you had the same load and this method it would be even worse than it actually is.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Its less bad than the old method and I have no idea why anyone would claim otherwise. Combining what I see on the screen and on the minimap I get a basic idea of what’s happening now at least, when before huge zergs could pass by each other without even noticing.

Neither solution is acceptable though and its embarrassing that ANet look so clueless about fixing one of their game’s flagship features, when other companies have done a much better job a decade ago.

(edited by blurps.2340)

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

during Beta they had questioners popping up, why dont you use that again Anet and gather stats from everyone who logs into WvW asking them how much on a scale 1-5 they like the new culling and why they think so. that way you would get everyone’s opinion and not just the outraged or forum going peoples opinions.

Get a new engine and make GW3, this time dont use a crap engine not made for a “Massive” multiplayer online game… (showing only like 70 players on the screen, wth were you thinking?!)

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Sounds as if small groups like the change and the zerglings don’t. Maybe try running smaller groups?

~Shadowkat