Why do I have to farm PVE to help in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Why is it that its so much more efficient to farm in PvE then go to WvW and buy siege than it is to stay in WvW and buy siege with badges and rewards?

I can buy 25 arrow carts/flame rams with money from just 40 minutes of dungeon running.

But in WvW on a good day in that time I’ll have accumulated about 70-80ish silver and about maybe 10ish badges. Barely enough to even buy half of what I would’ve gotten if I did dungeon runs instead.

I love WvW and its the only exciting thing in the game in my opinion since everything else is always rinse and repeat. But it is so bad when it comes to making it worth while.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

The question then becomes: Are you using 25 arrow carts/flame rams in 40 minutes of WvW? Are you even using the 12 carts/rams per 40 minutes you claim you can buy via WvW?

So the real complaint isn’t so much “I can’t make enough money to support WvW via WvW”, but really “I can make more money doing other things, and I like money”.

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

Agreed 100% with OP

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Good question.

And to make matters worse, because it’s really just for fun and not as lucritive, WvW remains less popular than PvE. Which explains why WvW always takes a back seat to PvE in regards to content updates and balance issues.

This doesn’t even mention the fact that there is better gear in fractals than anything you could get from WvW.

It’s a self defeating cycle.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

Since level 20 I’ve been leveling my warrior almost completely in WvW (level 58 as of this post) and so far I’ve been getting enough money out of it for gear upgrades, armor repair, tower/supply camp upgrades, and maintaining my need to buy random things off the trading post, and I’m not a particularly good player. I have to agree with Tulisin on this one.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I have to agree with Tulisin on this one.

I don’t even necessarily disagree with the premise. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with increasing the rewards from WvW, but it needs to be presented as such straight-up.

in WvW

LieutenantGoogle.7326

The question then becomes: Are you using 25 arrow carts/flame rams in 40 minutes of WvW? Are you even using the 12 carts/rams per 40 minutes you claim you can buy via WvW?

So the real complaint isn’t so much “I can’t make enough money to support WvW via WvW”, but really “I can make more money doing other things, and I like money”.

You’re right, it really is a question of why bother wvw when I can make more elsewhere. But the case still stands, The current WvW is terrible in making money, even if you don’t use siege.
Siege weapons is the blood and life of WvW, you need to buy them, its a stupidly high input system with a low output when compared to practically everything else in the game. And for the using of the siege, yes, I use it, defending camps, towers and keeps require a crap ton of siege, I may not use all of it, but I use most of it.

lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

See post please it gives an alternate solution to issue. Please share your ideas also.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Golem-Issue-New-currency-New-rewards/first#post1038557

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I have to agree with Tulisin on this one.

I don’t even necessarily disagree with the premise. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with increasing the rewards from WvW, but it needs to be presented as such straight-up.

I have to say, you’re both wrong. First of all, the OP’s point is made straight up. Just because you can sort of make a bit of extra money doesn’t mean WvW is worth while if you can make far more farming PvE.

It’s not a matter of needing to buy 50 arrow carts or whatever, it’s the fact that someone who does PvE will have enough to buy far more of ANYTHING than somone who only does WvW.

That’s not right, regardless of what you want to buy. Not only does it put WvWrs on the bottom of the economy but it hurts the entire WvW player base in ways I already mentioned above.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If you are a commander, 4+ golems and trebs per raid is actually quite reasonable, and depending on how fast your group move a raid can last anywhere from 5 minutes to a few hours. It’s not an invalid concern.

Plus, we all know WvW rewards cannot compare with anything with PvE. The difference is so wide you’ll see it within 3 minutes of playing. It really goes without saying.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Just for kicks, I’m throwing this idea out there.
Whenever you defend a tower/keep for 10 minutes or capture a tower/keep
You are given a chest reward like a claw of jormag defeat chest that pops up at the bottom right of the screen.

in WvW

Posted by: FascistMuffin.2956

FascistMuffin.2956

Let me buy upgrades with karma. I’d be very happy because my characters have 100k+ karma and nothing to spend it on.

in WvW

LieutenantGoogle.7326

What I hate the most is that Anet said that they have stuff instore for wvw in feburary
sigh ……
I wonder how empty wvw will be by January because of how much the PvE outclasses WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

I play wvw for fun i dont need to make lots of cash, i can afford to buy the things i need and upgrades for maps. I know i could make more gold in pve but that would not be as fun for me.
I guess im luck as i dont care about collecting a legendary or then gold might have more value

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA