Why not let us loot bags after we die?

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Saw somewhere (maybe here, not sure) that there are appearance armors coming that can be bought with badges. We already need 500 badges for legendary, plus hundreds of badges for any level 80 gear you want to buy.

Now this week, with the changes to loot code, bags seem to be dropping more frequently in big group vs. group battles. Which means when my necro dies, there are more and more bags spawning around his corpse from people dying to conditions after my death.

It’s been requested time and again to just have the bags go straight to inventory (or at least the badges), but it’s always been ignored that I’ve seen.

Has any thought been given to letting us loot those bags while we are dead?

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Dead man don’t tell tales… Looks like they don’t loot aswell…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

you can release to spawn point and any bags that drop after releasing will actually appear at your feet. Had a massive 3 way fight yesterday, and after I was dead I stayed to watch the end of the fight. Had probably 20 bags taunting me lol. If I had released probably would have gotten half of them at least at spawn point. truthfully was more fun watchng the fight

in WvW

OldRodKS.9758

Yeah, I’ve had that happen to, but often times you hold of releasing hoping your group will win and revive you (especially if you are far from waypoint in the enemy’s borderland).

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I probably pick up about 60% of my loot bags. Not from death, but from moving too fast without time to backtrack, search and pick loot up. My worst was when I died at the bottom of the stairs on inner SMC with ~16ish loot bags around me.

Would be nice if there was some compensation, or tracking on missed loot that you havent picked up.

GW1 had such system. Even a system that placed important loot (eg. Hero armor) straight into your inventory.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

While i would be all for auto-looting straight into your inventory, as long as they continue to make it the traditional loot system it just doesn’t make sense to loot when you are dead. You can’t loot enemies when you die in PvE. Why should you be able to in WvW?

If they don’t want auto-loot, they should just make badges a currency like laurels that is just managed by the game, instead of having stacks of them in your bank. That way there can be a “chance” for badge reward on kill, instead of having to loot at all for them. They are really the only things worth looting in WvW anyway. The odds of getting anything else useful in WvW (like an exotic) is slim to none (I know I haven’t had an exotic drop in WvW since November, and I maybe get 1 rare per week).

in WvW

OldRodKS.9758

I’d be good with that – make badges like laurels and give them to you automatically.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

The bags are a pretty bad design for PvP. With the way people move around in combat you often have to leave the bags behind. If you stop to loot you may be letting down a team member. I don’t really like to let people down in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The bags are a pretty bad design for PvP. With the way people move around in combat you often have to leave the bags behind. If you stop to loot you may be letting down a team member. I don’t really like to let people down in combat.

You have to choose: Your friend or your lewt…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

It’s a stupid mechanic to have to pick up a loot bag in combat. If you earned the loot you should be able to receive it, period … no matter what happens afterward. Besides, the loot bag is simply another thing that needs to be rendered, thereby needlessly adding to the bandwidth/culling issues.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

you can release to spawn point and any bags that drop after releasing will actually appear at your feet. Had a massive 3 way fight yesterday, and after I was dead I stayed to watch the end of the fight. Had probably 20 bags taunting me lol. If I had released probably would have gotten half of them at least at spawn point. truthfully was more fun watchng the fight

Was this added with the new patch, because I have had multiple bags inches from my body (on many occasions), released immediately and have never had my loot follow me back to spawn…ever.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Was this added with the new patch, because I have had multiple bags inches from my body (on many occasions), released immediately and have never had my loot follow me back to spawn…ever.

It doesn’t follow you back. What he means is that if you respawn and then at spawn you get xp for an enemy you damaged before respawning, the loot bag will drop at spawn.

So if you were in a huge battle, damaged a lot of people, die and then port back to spawn, you may get some more loot bags appearing at spawn as the battle finishes up. It’s a gamble though, as others have suggested, because if your team won the battle they would have rezzed you and you would have been able to loot all your bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Just email us the bags already. Seriously! I take the small break in immersion (oh, I just killed this guy, how nice of him to email me a reward!) over losing out on loot bags.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

it’s only for loot bags that still have to apear. so if you release before they apear, they will pop up at your feet in warcamp. it doesn’t take the loot bags that already apeared with you to the camp.

but it would be nice if you didn’t have to loot stuff and that loot went automatically to your inv. i lost soo much loot due to moving to fast and/or dieing :/

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Don’t die! Dead men don’t buy anything!

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Imagine looting a bag and inventory is full and loot window pops up showing a Sunrise and before you can dump something to make room you die and it is lost forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It would be even nicer if the loot just went into your inventory, and only went to the ground as a loot bag if you didn’t have inventory room for it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

how come no one mentioned loot bags while jumping? it happened so many times. I use my jump to interrupt sieges so I jump a lot and it happened a lot that enemies die as I’m jumping so the loot bags get stuck in the air and I can’t reach them (even if I jump in the same projectile I wont be able to acquire them).

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

OldRodKS.9758

“Sorry Bob… I would save you but there’s a chest over there!!”

in WvW

Posted by: Jahiliyya.7095

Jahiliyya.7095

Take the mad lewts… buy new friend…

Commander Jam, The Republic [SPQR] on Sanctum of Rall
Jumble Akimbo
Jahiliyya Akimbo