World completion help in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Any tips on how one could get world completion in WvW? I’m having trouble grabbing points/vistas in hostile held areas and I’m eager to get them done to craft my legendary. Should I join up with a WvW guild? Transfer to a server which controls most territories?

Help greatly appreciated!

Sidenote: I’ve avoided WvW almost the whole time due to lag and haven’t bothered exploring them in the past since I didn’t think I’d ever craft a legendary weapon.
My home server is Gandara and its population doesn’t seem active in WvW judging from the world map.

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

A couple suggestions here

1) You could transfer servers. It’s quite expensive however. Servers like Sorrow’s Furnace dominate during certain times of the day. Certain servers that bounce between Tier X and Tier X-1 or Tier X+1 are likely to get their members map completion during their stay in the lower tier’d server. transferring to and back will cost anywhere from 40-80g and take a week, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it.

2) Run with your zerg. The downside to this is of course, they’re interested probably in capping things that will net them points, likely not what you need. Which leaves…

3) Join a wvw guild. They will be more organized in what they take and you will be able to decide when to join them on a raid to get what you need. And of course, there’s…

4) Organize a push with others who need the same spot! You can both help your server and people who need that particular location (I am guessing there are quite a few who need it based on what you’ve said about your server).

And of course, there’s

5) Roll a mesmer and you can solo cap an objective because they are so OP.

Ok, so this one’s a joke, but the top four are actual suggestions.

Good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

I guess this is another proof that Gandara is a PvE server. We are very active in WvW and to get your map completion you simply need to get on-line more. I think we held all towers and keeps at some point last week – we are in Tier 3 so fights are hard and we really pulled a miracle last week and won against a tough opposition.

Also, log on at different times of day – servers have different high times and if you come to WvW in afternoon you’ll find us with our back against the wall because that is when Piken’s Russian guilds are dominating.
I would suggest that you get more active in WvW if you want your map completion. Install Team Speak and connect to gandarats.com where we are coordinating attack and defense.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

You dont say what profession you are- that can make a diffrence
All of team’s options are excellent.
If money is no object then transferring server would be the most time efficient
I’m guessing that you’ve already gone round and done as much of the maps as you can? vistas skills and supply camp poi’s can all be done even if deep within enemy land. (thats the thrill of it).Most of the community is decent enough to let you get a vista/skill (they might attack you after you’ve got it though).
That just leaves towers/keeps/castle
Find out the busiest time that your server wvw and be in map and join in- that extra person can make all the difference taking larger structures.
Find out when the enemy is at its quietest (hopefully there is a quiet time for both your enemy), being in the maps at this time you will most prob bump into the same (few) people from your server , it is very possible to take towers/keeps with a very small force.
But if your server isn’t doing very well in wvw then there is most probably a lot of people like you- so gather them up and fight for world completion
Also fridays are reset day (midnight) and if you are that low in the table the enemy might not begrudge(or care) you taking one of their larger structures before reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

WvW is very back-and-forth. There is no such thing as a server “which controls most territories”; server map control can change huge amounts in a matter of hours or even minutes. On Gandara there are times of day when we control almost none of the map, and there are other times of day when we control almost all of it. Over the past week we have at one point or another owned every single keep/tower on the map. We just don’t control them all the time :P

Easy solution to map completion is to keep logging into WvW several times a day, even if it’s just for a few minutes. If you log in once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the late evening every single day, you’re pretty much guarunteed to get map completion in less than a week. Unlike PvE, you can’t grind it all out in one eye-watering session.

PS. And I’ll thank you not to judge gandara’s WvW community based on one fleeting visit.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You say you’re on Gandara? We’re fairly high in the ladder, so flipping enemy objectives isn’t all that easy. Activity is relative. We’re the lowest-ranked world in our tier but we’re placed in the 3rd highest tier (out of 9) Bring some friends, 20+ gold, pick a late night/early morning and we’ll do an omega golem rush. Sound good to you?

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in WvW

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

You say you’re on Gandara? We’re fairly high in the ladder, so flipping enemy objectives isn’t all that easy. Activity is relative. We’re the lowest-ranked world in our tier but we’re placed in the 3rd highest tier (out of 9) Bring some friends, 20+ gold, pick a late night/early morning and we’ll do an omega golem rush. Sound good to you?

Yeah that’d be great. So far I’ve gotten all the points I could get, what remains are a few towers, garrisons and eternal battlegrounds. I’ve got all kinds of siege blueprints, golems, trebs you can have it all! I just want those vistas.

Thanks for the replies, I wanted to know what viable options I had.

in WvW

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

Log in to WvW often and cap/steal what you can just running in on a occupied poi, stay around and join the fight. Be carefull around skillpoints, if it’s a fight skillpoint and enemies are also around doing the skill point trie your luck and engage the skillpoint boss. I got several this way in the beginning when I went to WvW for 100% completion and we departed with a polite bow after we both got the skillpoint.

If your lucky you can get WvW completion in 3 weeks simply because server rotation will put you on another map each week. if not so lucky it might take 4-5 weeks you will rotate eventually. But that was in Gunnars Hold, cant really comment on the WvW state of other servers but the basics remain the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

I had to laugh when I read your post, seriously we got to T3 and we’re not active in WvW, I’ve personally done the WvW maps on 8 characters 7 of which were on Gandara.

Hints
1. Dont expect to get them primetime, your going to have to stay up late.

2. Joining a WvW guild might help but following a decent commander is probably just as good.

3. Keep your eye on the matchups if Gandara drops a tier spend a week in WvW and I’m talking every spare minute you have. The situation is fluid and we can have alot of all the maps one hour and have lost it soon after, or visa versa. At present we will drop but its a long week.

4. If you cant be bothered with the hassle and you want a free ride check http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU If someone’s dominating transfer there, at this very moment Drakker Lake have 530 pts which should pretty much cover every poi etc you need. But thats going to cost you a fair sum of gems to get there and back.

Your non-specific how far along you are with your legendary, if your not far into it map completion is the least of your worries and over the coming weeks Gandara should be other colours than red. If your near the end and you need it now realistically you’ll have to transfer.

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Sticks.9374

Sticks.9374

As someone who has done almost all his map completion during T1 I can tell you it IS possible but you have to be patient. It mainly depends on what server you are on and what kind of commanders you have. Get what you can and make note of what you are missing and check the maps regularly that’s how I did it. Learn to recognize the good commanders and also learn to recognize when they are about to push an area that you need and go help them.

Mallet the Mad
Knight Templars
SoR Mesmer of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I did World Completion last week while I was off work sick for two days. It was a good distraction.

Pretty much what the other posters said – just chip away at it. Log on and run with the zerg to start. Listen to what the commanders are saying in chat. Keep an eye on the maps and if an objective you need opens up, grab it.

By the time I went back to work, I had only two points of interest and a vista left. They were the Blue Keep and associated areas in EB. I could have waited but they rarely change hands and my server has been Green for weeks on end, so I decided to server transfer for a week to finish things up. Going back on Thursday.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I did World Completion last week while I was off work sick for two days. It was a good distraction.

Pretty much what the other posters said – just chip away at it. Log on and run with the zerg to start. Listen to what the commanders are saying in chat. Keep an eye on the maps and if an objective you need opens up, grab it.

By the time I went back to work, I had only two points of interest and a vista left. They were the Blue Keep and associated areas in EB. I could have waited but they rarely change hands and my server has been Green for weeks on end, so I decided to server transfer for a week to finish things up. Going back on Thursday.

Hope this helps, good luck!

If you can still do world completion, you aren’t sick!
Don’t let this become a habit

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.