WvW Jump Puzzles: Seeking feedback

in WvW

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

I posted a thread a good while back calling for a removal of siege in WvW jps and for them to be neutral ground. Well as of last update no more siege (yay!) but they are still attack grounds. Now in said thread I posted there were a lot of people saying no and to do jump puzzles elsewhere if I couldn’t handle the challenge. The point is I do jump puzzles for the badges for a legendary. Not for the challenge of fighting a group of people camping the puzzle for the sole purpose of trolling.

Now I know people feel you shouldn’t get badges if you don’t do WvW but this isn’t about that. This is about the jump puzzles. Why is it a bad thing if they become neutral? It’s far enough from most towers that exploiting the invincibility doesn’t seem possible. If you want your WvW kills for the monthly (if they ever do that again) there are MANY areas in which you can kill people. Is there an actual good reason for this not to be enabled? I’d really like some feedback on this from experienced WvW players.

Edit: Many of you are skipping the thread and instead deciding to make assumptions about what me and others already discussed last night. I urge you to actually read that has been said.

(edited by poisonedsodapop.9348)

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

In my opinion, jumping puzzles have no place in WvW. Period.

Remove the JP altogether. Problem solved.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

Doesn’t fix the problem though. If you’re working on your legendary and really just don’t care about doing WvW (or have the rig to run WvW) there’s no other alternative aside from map completion. But at the same time it would be unfair to suggest they remove the WvW requirements for legendaries and world completion due to all the people who have already had to struggle through all of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

i would go for this as long as they do the same for dungeons. just let me walk in and get my loot from the chest and along the way have loadstones laying on the ground that we can pick up. this way those of use that go into a pve zone but don’t like to pve can get our legendary weapons.

i don’t think many PvE players know how much easier it is for them to get a legendary than the guys that mainly WvW.

A guy that likes dungeons and PvE but hates PvP will get a legendary 10 times faster than a WvW player that hates dungeons

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Transfer to a server like SF that is owning and will be forever due to the rating system.
Get all your alts and go do all 3 JPs and the EB one. 100 badges a day.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

i would go for this as long as they do the same for dungeons. just let me walk in and get my loot from the chest and along the way have loadstones laying on the ground that we can pick up. this way those of use that go into a pve zone but don’t like to pve can get our legendary weapons.

i don’t think many PvE players know how much easier it is for them to get a legendary than the guys that mainly WvW.

A guy that likes dungeons and PvE but hates PvP will get a legendary 10 times faster than a WvW player that hates dungeons

I understand the majority of the stuff for legendary is in PvE and there just 2 things you have to do in WvW for legendary. But what’s the reason for it not to be neutral? Because it’s unfair for someone who only likes WvW and hates dungeons? I personally hate jump puzzles because I’m bad at them. Add to that fact that I have to A.) make it to the wvw jump puzzle and B.) finish the jump puzzle without falling a million times. I personally don’t see a GOOD reason why I need the occasional C.) avoid 3-5 jerks from another server who sees you as an easy target. And I’m not just saying this for me. There are other people who feel the same. And I personally hate it when I see a naked player from another server get ganged up on in the puzzle by people from MY server. It’s uncalled for and I call them on it as well. Yes it’s a pvp zone but that one area being neutral isn’t going to effect much, if anything.

Transfer to a server like SF that is owning and will be forever due to the rating system.
Get all your alts and go do all 3 JPs and the EB one. 100 badges a day.

This also doesn’t solve the problem. I only go to my own borderland or only go to others if not outmanned. It’s not about how my server is doing, it’s about people camping for the sake of camping and picking on easy targets.

Also just pointing out I haven’t seen a strategical reason for them to not be neutral.

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

well those are WvW badges you are after. IMO one sould have to WvW to get them. if they remove PvP from the JP then the badges should be removed also. then if that happens might as well just remove the JP.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

They NEED to remove it from WvW.

Why would you let your enemy get free siege? Thats siege they’ll use against YOUR server. Thats why people camp it.

And no, badges are not hard to get, you can get 500 badges in 3-5 days of actually playing WvW if you need a gift of battle but not much can be expected from mainly PvErs.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

JP has more interesting fight breaks out than WvW, which can be more like siege wars. The JP setting creates little skirmishes like sPvP but with a far greater dynamic to it, an easy 3v1 can suddenly turn into a 3v6.

I don’t want it neutral, if anything make it more applicable. Have a flag at the top of the puzzle that can be built and contributes 5 points to the tick.

PS They offer siege, that’s strategic enough to compete over.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

They NEED to remove it from WvW.

Why would you let your enemy get free siege? Thats siege they’ll use against YOUR server. Thats why people camp it.

And no, badges are not hard to get, you can get 500 badges in 3-5 days of actually playing WvW if you need a gift of battle but not much can be expected from mainly PvErs.

Yeah I can understand the siege being a big component, didn’t even think about that. But siege isn’t that hard to get outside of WvW jps correct? There’s no way to make these jump puzzles “fair” is there? Can’t remove the siege cause many people enjoy the free siege. And I guess you can’t make it neutral though most players consider it so.

As for your second comment, I’ve done my share of WvW and I think prior to starting the jump puzzles I had about 40-ish badges, give or take. So you’re right, must not be very hard for a “mainly PvEr” as you call those who don’t enjoy WvW like myself.

in WvW

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

The JP in EB was designed to be camped, that’s why they have the traps there. It’s in a PvP zone. Therefore, people camp and kill each other.

Besides, I really enjoy fighting my way to the top. Fighting makes it FAR more interesting and exciting. Why do you want to deny me of something that makes the game fun for me just so you can get loot easier? If you’re having so much trouble getting to the top, bring a Mesmer with a focus and just suck people off and kill them, works every time.

I personally don’t see a GOOD reason why I need the occasional C.) avoid 3-5 jerks from another server who sees you as an easy target.

Because your carebear tears are delicious.

I avoid PvP for exactly this. I’m not competitive and I don’t like playing vs people who can’t see it as fun and not “srs bsns” and ways to enlarge their egos. There was no reason to leave a rude response. How about contributing to the topic at hand with no bias?

What’s biased about my response? I love killing glass cannon PvE warriors over and over at the entrance until they join my party and call me naughty things. It’s why I hope they never change the JP.

The JP environment is one of the most dynamic and interesting places for small scale PvP in the game. Why should they take this awesome place away from the PvPers because you are too scared to fight something that isn’t AI? Why don’t you go do all of the other JPs in the game that are inside of the PvE part of the game instead?

Exactly, agree 100%.

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

I personally don’t see a GOOD reason why I need the occasional C.) avoid 3-5 jerks from another server who sees you as an easy target.

I avoid PvP for exactly this. I’m not competitive and I don’t like playing vs people who can’t see it as fun and not “srs bsns” and ways to enlarge their egos. There was no reason to leave a rude response. How about contributing to the topic at hand with no bias?

What’s biased about my response? I love killing glass cannon PvE warriors over and over at the entrance until they join my party and call me naughty things. It’s why I hope they never change the JP.

The JP environment is one of the most dynamic and interesting places for small scale PvP in the game. Why should they take this awesome place away from the PvPers because you are too scared to fight something that isn’t AI? Why don’t you go do all of the other JPs in the game that are inside of the PvE part of the game instead?

Like I’ve said a few posts up, I hate jump puzzles, I don’t do them for fun. I do them for badges for legendary as to get them you either have to actually do WvW, do the jps, or complete the wvw maps (again in my case). I came here simply seeking reasons as to why people didn’t want it neutral, not to be called a “carebear” because I’m not interested in killing people. The fact that you only chose to responde without contributing is why I said you were biased. As it stands I feel badges are kind of a pain to get. I’m about halfway to my gift of battle while lazily working at it. But it can be an annoyance to run into people who are just camping the jps just for the sake of camping it.

I understand people who primarily WvW get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting legendaries but let’s face it, people in WvW should be better geared to do PvE where people who primarily PvE may not be better geared (or skilled in some matters) to WvW. It’s just an imbalance that is made more evident when you go to grind out some jump puzzles that have some dudes camping it cause they can. For me if/when they’re camped I just call it a day. It has easily been the most frustrating part of getting a legendary for me.

I understand why they can’t become neutral now, but I still dislike how much the game “forces” you into WvW. I say “forces” since I don’t NEED a legendary or NEED to complete my monthly when it calls for me to get 50 kills.

Also in response to Vile, I do have a mesmer and I do carry focus. She is however only 34 and typically in a 1 mesmer versus 3 dude group my focus won’t do much.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

You’re trying to get the Gift of Battle for your legendary, and you’re complaining about having to fight people? Go join up on a commander icon and actually play WvW. You’ll get a lot more badges, you’ll get camped a lot less, and you may actually learn how to play your character beyond press button get loot.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

The jumping puzzle is just another fun place have some pvp. Fighting in the jumping puzzle requires more tactical thinking and is an enjoyable place to get more fights when your bored of zerg action.

I feel more strongly however towards the argument of why it shouldn’t be neutral ground.

The OP has stated that he only does the JP for Badges for his legendary and has no interest in WvWvW. However, Legendaries were designed with the intent that you had to do WvWvW and in my opinion making the JP a neutral ground would just allow people to avoid this area of the legendary.

You can say that you are simply not interested in WvWvW but again legendaries were designed that you needed to do WvWvW and were designed to show mastery in all areas of GW2. What about a WvWvW player who doesn’t have any interest in PvE and Dungeons? Would you let them just simply walk through and not be attacked by the NPC’s? You don’t see many threads of WvWvW players complaining that they shouldn’t be attacked in Dungeons so why do PvE players (or players who have no interest in WvWvW) complain about being attacked in WvWvW? It would ultimately simply be unfair that PvErs get a free pass from part of the content of making a legendary but WvWvW players don’t.

In response to the OP above saying players in WvWvW should be better geared to do PvE (i dont know how to use the quote function). How is that possible? PvE players should be able to get exotics and ascended way easier then WvWvW players with the latter not even being available in WvWvW as of yet.

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

(edited by Reiven.2543)

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

You’re trying to get the Gift of Battle for your legendary, and you’re complaining about having to fight people? Go join up on a commander icon and actually play WvW. You’ll get a lot more badges, you’ll get camped a lot less, and you may actually learn how to play your character beyond press button get loot.

Just because I don’t participate in PvP doesn’t mean I don’t know how to play my character. There is a whole other half of the game that I’ve put a lot of hours into where I can assure you there is no “press button get loot” gameplay I’ve ever engaged in.

The jumping puzzle is just another fun place have some pvp. Fighting in the jumping puzzle requires more tactical thinking and is an enjoyable place to get more fights when your bored of zerg action.

I feel more strongly however towards the argument of why it should’nt be neutral ground.

The OP has stated that she only does the JP for Badges for her legendary and has no interest in WvWvW. However, Legendaries were designed with the intent that you had to do WvWvW and in my opinion making the JP a neutral ground would just allow people to avoid this area of the legendary.

You can say that you are simply not interested in WvWvW but again legendaries were designed that you needed to do WvWvW and were designed to show mastery in all areas of GW2. What about a WvWvW player who does’nt have any interest in PvE and Dungeons? Would you let them just simply walk through and not be attacked by the NPC’s? You don’t see many threads of WvWvW players complaining that they should’nt be attacked in Dungeons so why do PvE players (or players who have no interest in WvWvW) complain about being attacked in WvWvW? It would ultimately simply be unfair that PvErs get a free pass from part of the content of making a legnedary but WvWvW players don’t.

In response to the OP above saying players in WvWvW should be better geared to do PvE (i dont know how to use the quote function). How is that possible? PvE players should be able to get exotics and ascended way easier then WvWvW players with the latter not even being available in WvWvW as of yet.

As I said above I understand why people don’t want the jump puzzle to be neutral and I can see that there’s probably no way for it to be fair for players of either half of the game. Also as I stated in the op I wanted feedback as to why people wanted to keep it from being neutral.

As for the use of the word “geared” it was a poor choice. I didn’t literally mean gear as in ascended and exotic equipment. I meant more for they are in that “gear” of mind to have dodging down because they’ve fought smarter enemies. AI enemies only do so much. If you run a dungeon enough you learn the patterns and learn when to do what and where to stand. If you’re fighting another player you may know what their skills are but you don’t know what that player’s skill level is.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Just because I don’t participate in PvP doesn’t mean I don’t know how to play my character. There is a whole other half of the game that I’ve put a lot of hours into where I can assure you there is no “press button get loot” gameplay I’ve ever engaged in.

I feel more strongly however towards the argument of why it should’nt be neutral ground.

The OP has stated that she only does the JP for Badges for her legendary and has no interest in WvWvW. However, Legendaries were designed with the intent that you had to do WvWvW and in my opinion making the JP a neutral ground would just allow people to avoid this area of the legendary.

You can say that you are simply not interested in WvWvW but again legendaries were designed that you needed to do WvWvW and were designed to show mastery in all areas of GW2. What about a WvWvW player who does’nt have any interest in PvE and Dungeons? Would you let them just simply walk through and not be attacked by the NPC’s? You don’t see many threads of WvWvW players complaining that they should’nt be attacked in Dungeons so why do PvE players (or players who have no interest in WvWvW) complain about being attacked in WvWvW? It would ultimately simply be unfair that PvErs get a free pass from part of the content of making a legnedary but WvWvW players don’t.

As I said above I understand why people don’t want the jump puzzle to be neutral and I can see that there’s probably no way for it to be fair for players of either half of the game. Also as I stated in the op I wanted feedback as to why people wanted to keep it from being neutral.

As for the use of the word “geared” it was a poor choice. I didn’t literally mean gear as in ascended and exotic equipment. I meant more for they are in that “gear” of mind to have dodging down because they’ve fought smarter enemies. AI enemies only do so much. If you run a dungeon enough you learn the patterns and learn when to do what and where to stand. If you’re fighting another player you may know what their skills are but you don’t know what that player’s skill level is.

Ok I read all your post and logged on to post here.

Topics about jumping puzzle in WvW has been touched here and there SINCE LAUNCH. It is now a solid fact that jumping puzzle, especially in EB is meant to be camped, and after weeks of PvE QQ, people have discovered a way to finish the jumping puzzle perma-stealthed.

You say you’re not interested in killing people in WvW, but you want your legendary, so you need the gift of battle. Let me tell you here, I WvW a LOT, and a LOT of WvWers love the PvE QQ about JP every 3 days so there are people who intentionally camp the JP to farm easy kills off of 222 thieves, glass guardians and HB warriors. I think you can see the point here- you actually have to make effort to get your legendary, and gift of battle might be the hardest thing for you to get, because you are a PvEer. For a PvP fan it’s the easiest thing to get, but if I wanted a legendary I would find the PvE side of the legendary pain in the kitten to get. So I think we’ve settled that how unfair getting the gift of battle is.

The main problem with people coming in here to QQ about JP camping is that they expect Gift of Battle to be a cakewalk, much like most of the PvE content that currently exists in GW2 (Anet has to fix this). Legendary weapon is meant to show everyone around you that you are capable of countless hours of grinding, proficient at WvW, or bought a LOT of gold.

That was longer than expected but you see my point. Legendaries are meant to be hard to get, and I think it is very good that Gift of battle gives you PvEers a bit of challenge. Also, of course you aren’t “forced” to kill people, but you aren’t “forced” to get a legendary, right?

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

I addressed the not being “forced” to do anything previously as well. My main purpose in starting this topic was to understand why in a previous topic people were mad about my suggestion that jump puzzles should be neutral. Most players don’t attack in them and I typically view them as neutral territory already. This isn’t in suggestions for a reason since I simply wanted understanding which I now have. I’m past the point of questioning or complaining.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I addressed the not being “forced” to do anything previously as well. My main purpose in starting this topic was to understand why in a previous topic people were mad about my suggestion that jump puzzles should be neutral. Most players don’t attack in them and I typically view them as neutral territory already. This isn’t in suggestions for a reason since I simply wanted understanding which I now have. I’m past the point of questioning or complaining.

Actually you’ve been very lucky. Anywhere above T4 people will attack you and if you don’t, you’re either benefiting enemy team or feel like not fighting, in which case your enemy will try to kill you anyways.

I’ve seen guilds in my server that is dedicated to sneaky, ‘spec-op-ish’ things like keep ninjas, dolyak sniping, but most importantly camping the JP and hiding mesmers inside keeps and towers. Believe it or not JP is actually us WvWer’s largest source of siege weapons and we usually are very poor. So camping the JP is not only entertaining (with the forum open on background), but a huge plus to your team.

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

Actually you’ve been very lucky. Anywhere above T4 people will attack you and if you don’t, you’re either benefiting enemy team or feel like not fighting, in which case your enemy will try to kill you anyways.

I’ve seen guilds in my server that is dedicated to sneaky, ‘spec-op-ish’ things like keep ninjas, dolyak sniping, but most importantly camping the JP and hiding mesmers inside keeps and towers. Believe it or not JP is actually us WvWer’s largest source of siege weapons and we usually are very poor. So camping the JP is not only entertaining (with the forum open on background), but a huge plus to your team.

I’m not sure which tier I’m in cause you know, I don’t really do WvW lol. My server does pretty well though but I think they’re pretty average. They do well for the small playerbase that actually does WvW. That said I’ve run into my fair share of campers in the jps and running solo you can imagine how quickly it can become frustrating. I’ve also gotten way too much siege doing them but started giving it away today since I never use it. I don’t even like using the cannons in the PvE side.

All that aside, I understand where everyone’s coming from and I’m sorry if you thought the PvEr was trying to take away your WvW fun. I frequent the suggestion forum so I’ve seen my fair share of proposed PvE nerfs that want to make the game only playable one way. For instance wanting mobs in dungeons to be unskippable just to make runs harder for people who skip them. Or nerfing the amount of damage glass cannons do cause they make dungeon runs too easy.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I tell you what they should do.
We wouldn’t have all this whining about puzzle campers if they weren’t the only way to make badges fast.
Why not make 1 badge from EVERY kill, not 1-2 from 20% chance or whatever, you don’t get much from kills. Puzzles you just have to get to the end of a jumping place and wham bam 3-6 badges at 100% chance.
Drop rate of badges NEEDS to be increased since the puzzles are way faster at getting badges. The no auto-loot is a problem too, I can’t think of all the amounts of badges I left on the battlefield in the zerg fights.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

I tell you what they should do.
We wouldn’t have all this whining about puzzle campers if they weren’t the only way to make badges fast.
Why not make 1 badge from EVERY kill, not 1-2 from 20% chance or whatever, you don’t get much from kills. Puzzles you just have to get to the end of a jumping place and wham bam 3-6 badges at 100% chance.
Drop rate of badges NEEDS to be increased since the puzzles are way faster at getting badges. The no auto-loot is a problem too, I can’t think of all the amounts of badges I left on the battlefield in the zerg fights.

I’ve seen this suggested before as well but people also feel this increased drop rate is problematic as well. I personally don’t see it being an issue but I’d like some elaboration from others as to why this is a problem.

If this were the case though I would probably not bother with the jps and just actually do WvW instead. As it stands now it’s kind of a hard thing to get into. I’ve been in a few times since I’ve done every monthly except for August (if there was a monthly then, been awhile). I usually just find a commander and stick with them. I can’t say I hate WvW, it has it’s fun points. I just don’t particularly enjoy pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: noelle.5619

noelle.5619

Seriously best point ever!!! I am totally with you on this one. If you want a legendary you have to work for it in ALL aspects of the game not just the ones you like. I’m not a big PvE’er and I don’t really like dungeons yet I have to suffer through them to try for my legendary. I wish people would stop complaining about the jumping puzzles because i happen to like them in the WvW zone. It’s fun to camp them and I even find it fun when others camp them and I have to try and fight through them to finish or call on members from my guild to come help fight back so i can do it. If you just want to get your badges of honor handed to you then don’t go for a legendary because that’s not the point of a legendary. They already removed siege from the jumping puzzles and I think that was enough.

Kaira Riversong – Human Elementalist
Gotta stomp em [ALL]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

Seriously best point ever!!! I am totally with you on this one. If you want a legendary you have to work for it in ALL aspects of the game not just the ones you like. I’m not a big PvE’er and I don’t really like dungeons yet I have to suffer through them to try for my legendary. I wish people would stop complaining about the jumping puzzles because i happen to like them in the WvW zone. It’s fun to camp them and I even find it fun when others camp them and I have to try and fight through them to finish or call on members from my guild to come help fight back so i can do it. If you just want to get your badges of honor handed to you then don’t go for a legendary because that’s not the point of a legendary. They already removed siege from the jumping puzzles and I think that was enough.

They aren’t getting handed to me anyways cause I still have to complete the puzzle. I’m pretty terrible at jps.

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Threads like this make me wish I had the patience to camp the jump puzzle.

The way I see it, neither jump puzzles, champion NPC chests, nor map completion should earn you any badges. Murder should be the only way to get badges. If that bothers you, then realize for a moment that we live in a culture of entitlement where enough whining will get you something in the long run. Just keep posting a new thread every day that the jump puzzle isn’t something you can deterministically run with little to no variance in what you face (much like dungeons), and eventually Anet will cave.

In the meantime, I’m going to keep bottling up those “Vial[s] of PvE Whiner Tears” and trade them for golem prints.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

they should just get rid of badges as a reward from JP chests, instead double or triple the siege blueprint you get from it.

so people actually have to pvp to get badges, and you get an even bigger incentive to camp it.

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

Threads like this make me wish I had the patience to camp the jump puzzle.

The way I see it, neither jump puzzles, champion NPC chests, nor map completion should earn you any badges. Murder should be the only way to get badges. If that bothers you, then realize for a moment that we live in a culture of entitlement where enough whining will get you something in the long run. Just keep posting a new thread every day that the jump puzzle isn’t something you can deterministically run with little to no variance in what you face (much like dungeons), and eventually Anet will cave.

In the meantime, I’m going to keep bottling up those “Vial[s] of PvE Whiner Tears” and trade them for golem prints.

I take it you didn’t read a majority of the thread?

in WvW

silverfire.2547

I did in fact actually read every single post.

I still feel the need to reiterate though, that despite their status as a legendary prerequisite, badges should not be available at all (and with zero exceptions) via PvE means.

Not even tower/camp/keep lords should drop badges.

You hear quite a vocal minority posting about how hard it is to get badges, but the rest of us who don’t start those whine threads are either okay with how easy it is to get badges, or think it’s too easy to get them. That there exists even a single way to get badges without actually killing other people is an insult to WvW itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

May sound extreme but id go as far as saying to remove badges of honor from the JP completely. That way there will be no question that you actually have to do WvWvW. Most of the complaining about the JP from PvErs is simply because it seems to them the best way to get badges with little effort and so they feel inclined to complain about it when they get attacked. If badges were removed then all the PvErs wouldn’t even go to the JP and there would prob be less complaints about the JP in general (although likely more at being “forced” to do WvWvW).

While i understand some people just do not like doing WvWvW for w/e reason i will reiterate on what many have said in this thread and that is that Legendaries are supposed to show mastery at ALL levels of the game. You shouldn’t feel entitled that you can skip a part of the game simply because you don’t like it.

On an offhanded suggestion to the OP is why don’t you try to PvP in the JP with some friends? You yourself suggested that PvP players have a better “gear of mind” which also helps in other areas of the game so maybe you could take this time to become a better player? who knows you may be able to get revenge on those dirty campers its certainly a satisfying feeling.

Its fair enough if you don’t enjoy it but why not give it a try? hell you may end up liking it O.o

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

On an offhanded suggestion to the OP is why don’t you try to PvP in the JP with some friends? You yourself suggested that PvP players have a better “gear of mind” which also helps in other areas of the game so maybe you could take this time to become a better player? who knows you may be able to get revenge on those dirty campers its certainly a satisfying feeling.

PvE players don’t play video games to get better. They play them to watch a progress meter slowly fill up over and over.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

I posted a thread a good while back calling for a removal of siege in WvW jps and for them to be neutral ground…

what is the point in neutral ground in the w3 map ? what you are saying comes down to JP’s should not be in the w3 map.

for me, the jumping puzzles are the closest thing to Darkness Falls in this game. i can spend hours there (and i don’t bother with actually getting to the chest, lol)

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

then why do you come into a w3 zone in the first place ? if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen ? i don’t like dungeons, so no fractal gear for me cause i don’t go into fractals.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

You know, you aren’t automatically going to be attacked when you enter the JP. There are a LOT of people who won’t fight unless if you make the first move like myself. If it’s being camped, just come back at a different time – if you’re going for the legendary, then you’re bound to have a HUGE amount of time on your hands.

I think the chest shouldn’t have badges of honor, that would fix the problem. Then people who want the gift of ‘BATTLE’ would actually have to battle for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

lol this thread and all the others like it are unbelievable

how many times do we need to say ‘pvp in a pvp zone’ before they start to understand?

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.2510

Asur.2510

I think for the Gift of Battle to actually mean something (in relation to the other parts of a legendary) it has to come from participating in WvW PvP. You shouldn’t really be asking to skip a part of the game to make your legendary, unless there’s a jumping puzzle out there that awards Ascalonian Tears and Charged Lodestones so WvW players can skip dungeons (or the equivalent materials for other legendaries).

Personally I think they need to overhaul the Badge of Honor reward system in WvW before they touch badge rewards from the jumping puzzle chests. There needs to be a way to share loot tagging between groups and individual players. And a way for support builds to be eligible for more loot even with lower damage output.
On top of that they should add ways to gain badges that takes out some of the randomness, i.e. badges added to the rewards for capturing bases.

in WvW

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

Doesn’t fix the problem though. If you’re working on your legendary and really just don’t care about doing WvW (or have the rig to run WvW) there’s no other alternative aside from map completion. But at the same time it would be unfair to suggest they remove the WvW requirements for legendaries and world completion due to all the people who have already had to struggle through all of it.

i dont wanna pve for my legendary, why in the world should anyone not have to wvw for theirs?

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

I did in fact actually read every single post.

I still feel the need to reiterate though, that despite their status as a legendary prerequisite, badges should not be available at all (and with zero exceptions) via PvE means.

Not even tower/camp/keep lords should drop badges.

You hear quite a vocal minority posting about how hard it is to get badges, but the rest of us who don’t start those whine threads are either okay with how easy it is to get badges, or think it’s too easy to get them. That there exists even a single way to get badges without actually killing other people is an insult to WvW itself.

As I stated prior to your post I get it now. This thread wasn’t a call to remove the jps but instead to understand why. Instead I get a lot of aggressive responses like this:

PvE players don’t play video games to get better. They play them to watch a progress meter slowly fill up over and over.

I don’t typically play mmos, I get bored very quickly. The fact that I’ve stuck around GW2 this long baffles me personally. But because I don’t enjoy PvP in this game people automatically assume I want everything handed to me. My original post was indeed fueled by frustration but I don’t get all the angry responses.

I think for the Gift of Battle to actually mean something (in relation to the other parts of a legendary) it has to come from participating in WvW PvP. You shouldn’t really be asking to skip a part of the game to make your legendary, unless there’s a jumping puzzle out there that awards Ascalonian Tears and Charged Lodestones so WvW players can skip dungeons (or the equivalent materials for other legendaries).

Personally I think they need to overhaul the Badge of Honor reward system in WvW before they touch badge rewards from the jumping puzzle chests. There needs to be a way to share loot tagging between groups and individual players. And a way for support builds to be eligible for more loot even with lower damage output.
On top of that they should add ways to gain badges that takes out some of the randomness, i.e. badges added to the rewards for capturing bases.

This has been brought up a few times and I wonder if there is an overhaul in coming? As it stands now there’s little reward for a non WvWer to participate if they just want badges, particularly if they’re like me. That being said it’d be a great way to pull them in if they got more badges. Not suggesting it rain badges, but an increase in percentage received.

Also if you really need 500 tears Asur I can help you get those very quickly with little pain.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

The jumping puzzles are amazing! leave them alone. They would be better if you removed all the water in them though.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

poisonedsodapop.9348

The jumping puzzles are amazing! leave them alone. They would be better if you removed all the water in them though.

That’d be a painful drop lol. One of the few times I roped a guildie into going with me I pretty much accomplished the same level of pain by somehow hitting every rock on the way down to the water as he zoned in. Surprisingly I manage that pretty often lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

disagree with removing combat in JPs. Why would I want you to get free siege to kill me with later?

As for PvE players who want a legendary, suck it up and kill people. What about those WvWers who can’t get a legendary without doing an insane amount of PvE? Ever thought about the flip side?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

That’d be a painful drop lol. One of the few times I roped a guildie into going with me I pretty much accomplished the same level of pain by somehow hitting every rock on the way down to the water as he zoned in. Surprisingly I manage that pretty often lol.

Yer it would make things alot more interesting! You would have to be really careful of your surroundings.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I’m not against JP’s in the Bl’s but like just about every thing else in this game the way Anet implemented them to the BL’s is less than spectacular.

If they want to keep the JP’s in the BL’s put them in the main map and have completing them mean something to the server. Make them worth fighting over.

And to those defending the JP’s the way they currently are. Please, you’re just one of the many who can’t hack it in WvW or sPvP and need to hide in the JP’s, up on a ledge with your already over powered class and gank PvEer’s who really don’t care to fight / PvP.

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Yeah not sure why there are so many complaints on killing people in jp….they did just take out being able to place siege in there

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Asur.2510

Asur.2510

This has been brought up a few times and I wonder if there is an overhaul in coming? As it stands now there’s little reward for a non WvWer to participate if they just want badges, particularly if they’re like me. That being said it’d be a great way to pull them in if they got more badges. Not suggesting it rain badges, but an increase in percentage received.

Also if you really need 500 tears Asur I can help you get those very quickly with little pain.

I don’t know what Arenanet’s track record is with providing balance fixes, but I would assume an overhaul to the badge system will come eventually. Badges already rain pretty liberally if you have a full party that can AOE in zerg vs. zerg and stay on their feet. I was mostly hoping they would even out the drop rate for support specs and people who are participating but aren’t in a (full) group yet.

And thanks for the offer, but I’m not in a hurry. At the rate I’m earning gold in WvW it’ll take me a year before I need them. I end up spending my gold on food, making myself look pretty and trying out new gear sets anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

That is so true. Dungeons are icky. WvW is just a different game altogether for me. I’m also sick of being poor because I just wvw and nothing else.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in WvW

Posted by: Sirdude.8596

Sirdude.8596

If you want a legendary and feel like you deserve a legendary, then kill the people camping you. Instead of complaining to ANET to cater to your lack of problem solving, find a group of like minded individuals and defeat your enemies. THAT would be legendary..

in WvW

silverfire.2547

Solution A:

Give us WvWers a daily “talk to an NPC and recieve a free chest” mechanic that gives us 1 of each lodestone and an icy runestone as well as 20 of each dungeon token, 20 of each T6 mat, and a mystic clover so we can get all of those rewards without doing any of the requisite activities associated with earning those items.

Oh and put said NPC next to the laurel vendor. That and make it so you need to have a combined 1,000 objectives captured or defended for the vendor to talk to you.

Solution B:

Enable friendly fire in all dungeons and PvE areas.

Pick your poison. Then let’s talk neutral JP ground and methods for carebears to earn badges without first forking over a “Vial[s] of PvE Whiner Tears.”

in WvW

Posted by: Enocka.7421

Enocka.7421

No doubt seeing as your A pve,r your request will be granted removing sieges from jp was a big mistake they have taken away a part of my world so lets petition anet to take something away from dungeons just to accomodate us wvw players typical whining pve,r get all the best drops earn all the gold and still as in every other mmo you demand more

in WvW

Posted by: Enocka.7421

Enocka.7421

i wouldnt call 800 siege weapons per week bull

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

WvW puzzles are fine. PvP over a strategic point is fine.

Until Arenanet makes everything in PvE able to be bought in WvW with Karma and badges (which they probably won’t), everyone will just have to suck it up and earn their rewards. I’m tired of too many people asking for hand holding.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Kukchi.6173

Kukchi.6173

JP were fine with siege inside, anet messed that up. Leave JP alone….

Human thief lvl 80 pistol dagger pistol sword cheese extreme.
Anet fix thief plz its boring now :(