WvW Jumping Puzzle Ceasefire

in WvW

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Hello one and all.

I’m a member of the Isle of Janthir server.

When the game first came out, people were very violent around the jumping puzzles in WvW, some even camping at the waterfall entrance and killing the low health opponents as they dropped in.

This seems to have faded recently, but not all the way. Often when I see enemies I will stop and wave or bow in order to show my peaceful intent. Often this is met with a similar gesture, but occassionally it is met with a greatsword to the face.

We are all in the jumping puzzles for the same reason, to challenge ourselves, collect badges, or for acheivements. If we were trying to find someone to kill, we’d approach a keep or get into a zerg group.

So can we please call an “unofficial” ceasefire in all of the WvW jumping puzzles? Especially in the Obsidian Sanctum. That is a LONG puzzle, and it really sucks to get killed by enemies when you are 80-90% done of it, especially if it’s your first time going through.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Hello one and all.

I’m a member of the Isle of Janthir server.

When the game first came out, people were very violent around the jumping puzzles in WvW, some even camping at the waterfall entrance and killing the low health opponents as they dropped in.

This seems to have faded recently, but not all the way. Often when I see enemies I will stop and wave or bow in order to show my peaceful intent. Often this is met with a similar gesture, but occassionally it is met with a greatsword to the face.

We are all in the jumping puzzles for the same reason, to challenge ourselves, collect badges, or for acheivements. If we were trying to find someone to kill, we’d approach a keep or get into a zerg group.

So can we please call an “unofficial” ceasefire in all of the WvW jumping puzzles? Especially in the Obsidian Sanctum. That is a LONG puzzle, and it really sucks to get killed by enemies when you are 80-90% done of it, especially if it’s your first time going through.

HB does not believe in jumping puzzle

in WvW

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

It would be really cool if people across all servers would just agree that the first Saturday of the month, for example, would be a WvW puzzle ceasefire day.

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Besides why you would you want your enemies getting free seige to kill you.
It take like 15 mins to run the entire puzzle

in WvW

Posted by: Wolffmother.4895

Wolffmother.4895

Lol so many people claim this is why they camp the puzzles “prevent the enemies from getting free siege”…siege is really cheap to buy and thus this reasoning for camping is bogus and a front to the real reason.

People camp the puzzle because it’s fun and they like to troll enemies and make them rage, anyone who says otherwise is a boldfaced liar, simple as that.

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

I hate going in the jump puzzle, but I will agree with Predator and kill ANY enemy in there to prevent them from getting free siege when I am in the jump puzzle. If I can’t kill them, I will inconvenience them as much as I can.

You’re my enemy. You’re not my friend. You’re not my ally. Even if you’re the other lesser server, the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

If it’s in my advantage to take you out, I’m taking you out. As will every other person with a sound mind. If you want people to camp it less, go with more people and/or fight first instead of /waving.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

Ah the wonders of playing in low tier WvWvW, I run both jumping puzzles most days on 6 of my chars no problem. Do people in higher tiers constantly camp jumping puzzles?

in WvW

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Well Rakuren, I suggest we wait everyone out. Maybe 3 years from now population will drop around the puzzles to a point that we’ll have a chance to complete them. 3 years also happens to be my Legendary time-frame

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

or do what we did , run it after you own everything in EB

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Jumping Puzzles: Where the players do the jumping on you whilst doing the puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

or do what we did , run it after you own everything in EB

There are always ninja teams at the end of JP or in the Dark Room even if whole EB is taken.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

15 minutes? O.o

I stealth the whole route as my mesmer in 6, it takes longer to get people from my guild to come and take my port than to run the puzzle itself.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I would like to propose a jump puzzle refire clause. Mandatory ganking of enemies situated 500 feet from your location.

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

I’m on IOJ and do not support this message, Stop doing Jo and help us win wvwvw

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Well the jumping puzzles are very easy once you get the hang of it. In the eternal battlegrounds puzzle, there are locations that stealth you, once you’re stealthed you just have to hurry. And a lot of times there are mesmers online that will help you get across through shortcuts with their portals. You can always do a shout out.

Also, I don’t believe in ceasefire, it’s a pvp map. I love killing enemies there, it makes the puzzle more challenging. If you’re there for tokens, make a bunch of thief alts to do the puzzle so you have your own stealth on top of the stealth provided by the puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Personally, I don’t think the jumping puzzles really belong in WvW (getting money for siege blueprints is trivially easy)

• By doing the jumping puzzle, you are not contributing to your team’s map control
  • By trying to stop other people from completing the jumping puzzle, you are not contributing to your team’s map control
  • If your server’s queue is full, not only are you not contributing to your team, you potentially prevent someone more useful from joining the game.

So ideally, I think everyone should just be peaceful in the JP, get it over with, and get back to fighting, otherwise you are wasting your server’s player slots. Optimize everyone’s actions for the best WvW fighting, stop with the jumping puzzle shenanigans.

Of course, the players have no means to enforce a ceasefire, so my policy is to only attack people who attack me, if I bother to do the JP at all.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

in WvW

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I’m on IOJ and do not support this message, Stop doing Jo and help us win wvwvw

I hear you.

I do it on one character, once a week. :P I just do the short ones, and it takes 5-10 minutes tops, then I go back to fighting for the realm! With the siege I got from doing the jumping puzzles. :P

I’m very surprised to see so many people are so hostile!

I for one refuse to do combat with anyone in the puzzle unless I am certain they are hostile (such as watching them kill an ally, or taking 2-3 hits from them myself). And I have seen enemies do the same. In fact, I’ve seen an enemy walk through 10-12 of our IOJ guys without any of them being hostile to him. Heck, if I could use my portals on them, I would.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Though I don’t like people JP camping. I don’t agree on ceasefire.
WvWvW is pvp area after all. And such agreement will never be able to implement since most people don’t come to forum and individual will act on there own accord.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’d say to each their own. to get everyoen to agree on a ceasefire, i want to say is impossible. especially for those who enjoy griefing and camp to grief, without even bothering with the “you’re enemy, i’m stopping you from getting siege” excuse. they’re just there to laugh at you and they will take advantage of this “ceasefire”. ; ))

i try to do them in downtimes i guess or if i’m nearby. but will do my darned best to make up for the time i was “jumping” and kill at least one enemy for every minute i was away. :PPP i mainly do the jumping puzzle for legendary crafting. though at the same time, i do get to use the blueprints to aid my server. and i gladly do so.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Like how some people said, why should I let u get blueprints to kill me with later? Go to pve farm some gold and buy a blueprint then

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

It would be really cool if people across all servers would just agree that the first Saturday of the month, for example, would be a WvW puzzle ceasefire day.

No guild would dare show up to collect those free kills/tears en masse.

Seriously though, it is a PvP area, either deal with the PvP directly by fighting or indirectly by avoiding (either the enemies or the whole puzzle). If that is disagreeable to you then your whole point is literally “I want to get stuff but I don’t want to do stuff to get the stuff”.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Haha. It’s really stupid how some people here just attack others in JP and risk themselves failing and getting killed in JP rather then let both parties just get their free siege peacefully. They insist that the free siege that people get from JP really matters in WvW. They insist that wasting their time (and yours) attacking others in JP is as important as going around and doing something useful like taking supply camps. I lawl.

Camping in JP to troll is one thing, but camping on the illogical thinking that it actually helps your server in WvW?

I never attack another enemy in JP unless they attack me. If they do attack me, I usually just stealth away, leave a couple illusions and walk right on by. (I play mesmer and p/d theif)

in WvW

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I don’t do jumpin puzzles but whenever I hear about I feel that people might as well say , our group is gonna take over this camp anyways, so how bout lets not fight and u guys step out of the circle so we can capture it in a friendly way

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I use the jumping puzzle as a dueling zone for the most part. I actually let people revive and continue on their way once I beat them…unless they continue to attack me or they run away. Or there are more than one of them. Can’t just let you get up and help your friends!

I also give no quarter to people I know for being puzzle griefers. You deserve to die! >:| So no. No ceasefire. Sorry.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

I have completed the eternal battlegrounds puzzle a lot. Roughly 3-4 times per week. Every single time I let a couple people slightly ahead of me go unmolested they have always completed the puzzle and immediately turned around and attacked me.

Being nice is being foolish. Feel free to avoid others to get to the end quicker. After completion you can always backtrack. Never, and I mean never, trust them. They are close to the end and do not want to die. That is the only reason they are being nice. They will come back for you.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

The person who had the idea to put the jumping puzzle in EB is borderline sadistic when you really think about it. Personally I have probably played 200-300 of WvW and never even finished it…the only time I went in, I was upset about losing SM while puzzlers filled team chat, and all I did for about an hour was grief lowbies.

Later that night, I honestly felt kind of bad about it, and I got to thinking how ridiculous the puzzle is in a larger context. It’s like someone building a go-cart track in the middle of a WWI no-mans land between the trenches, and probably laughing their * off far in the distance.

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If it’s red it’s dead. I have no intentions of handing free siege over to other servers and would expect them to do the same. I will kill any invaders I see in the jumping puzzles.

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

I once felt really bad for this opponent from another server that was stumbling his way through the dark room. I told all of my guildies to leave him alone and went back into the puzzle where he was. I jumped each jump that he had to take to show him where to go next and where to aim for on the other sides of the gaps. After about 20 minutes, I had led him one jump at a time all the way from the dark room, through the animal pit, and up to the chest tower ledges…

Then as he turned the final corner at the top of the stairs and faced the chest, I used Temporal Curtain/Into the Void and tossed him backwards off the top onto the floor below to die from the fall.

So, no. No, I don’t think I’ll be abiding a ceasefire anytime soon.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

JP’s shouldn’t even be on wvw maps imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

I don’t understand why people say they have to do JP for blueprints at all.. I haven’t bought a single blueprint with gold since the release.. I still have over 2k badges in my bank and am stacked with blueprints which I use on a daily basis.

However I am very passive in JP, I will only attack others if they attacked first. Even if that means I die to a group of 2/3 that jumped me. I would like to state that the only reason I do JP is for the Ori ores ;s.

Every matchup there’s a guild that trolls the JP. On Desolation it was “Golden Horde” on Vizunah its “Obsidian something” (ooGo tag or something) worst thing is that most of them are extremely bad at this game so as a thief I don’t mind going into a 2/3/4v1 while I already had to use my heal and a utility to get up that damn pipe which they camp on top of to constantly AoE on.

<3 to the Vizu warrior who thought it was a smart thing to pop haste before bull’s charge and 100b. Definately not a tell of what you are going to do at all. I enjoyed killing you, then the guardian trying to res you and the ranger trying to res the guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

EB JP is the only reason I still log on this game!

Please Arenanet, let me remind you that there are many of us that enjoy the JP, be it camping or retaking, it clearly is very popular because of all the people involved inside, so please dont remove them just because a few babies cant take PVP.

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Hello one and all.

Often when I see enemies I will stop and wave or bow in order to show my peaceful intent. Often this is met with a similar gesture, but occassionally it is met with a greatsword to the face.

Let me tell you a short story:
Me at jumping puzzle, enemy wave, I wave, we continue jp side by side
Enemy meets enemy friend, two enemys kill me
Me… never again.

I allways spread grief in JP, engeniers are full of pushbacks from rifle, flametrower and nets, bombs that trow ppl,etc. I’m not camping the place but when I do JP… I do it with a grim smile >: )

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Sihkster.7948

Sihkster.7948

Hmmm so its ok for you to get siege equipment that could possibly kill you later. I KOS

Gates of Madness
Hindu Death Cabbage- Raven Hold (RH) Thief
Sihkle-Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

To be fair, I only actually kill people that grief or gank. I know I’m one of the few people of this opinion, but I believe that people who gank from a higher platform just to prevent anyone from fighting back at all are the lowest type of player.

Which is why I finish the puzzle early and then backtrack.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I believe that people who gank from a higher platform just to prevent anyone from fighting back at all are the lowest type of player.

The EB JP is pretty much 100 % designed for this behavior. It is a king of the hill area, with extra advantages being given to those further along in the puzzle, see: all the trap switches/levers. If you want everyone to joust honorably on the open field, go for it, but you may feel more at home in sPvP/tPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

The EB JP is pretty much 100 % designed for this behavior. It is a king of the hill area, with extra advantages being given to those further along in the puzzle, see: all the trap switches/levers.

Yep.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Jumping puzzles mainly provide free siege engines, which people on your server can use to destroy people on my server.

I will be at one of the jumping puzzles tonight, manning an arrow cart at the drop-in point. No free siege for you.

Really I wish they’d just remove the puzzles, or at least the free golems. Free golems are a huge part of the problem with upgraded keeps getting ninjad in 5 minutes.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

My guild usually lets people do the jumping puzzle, if they attack us they die.
I don’t see the point of killing random PvE players that want to do the puzzle.

in WvW

Slamz.5376

Next time you try to take a tower and get pelted by multiple arrow carts, just remember that most likely those arrow carts came from the jumping puzzles.

A game that’s 100% WvW

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Expect to be killed when doing the WvW jumping puzzles. If you want to do a jumping puzzle without players killing you, there are so many options in the PvE world maps.

I remember one day that i let one pass that had good intentions, but in the presence of another hostile player, both attacked and got me killed. So… I’ll say NO to ceasefire! If it’s red i’ll attack him till one of us is dead!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

If I cease fire its because something is on cool down. Preferably the gently steaming corpse of an enemy.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Next time you try to take a tower and get pelted by multiple arrow carts, just remember that most likely those arrow carts came from the jumping puzzles.

Yea because no one can afford 6 silver for the same arrow carts.

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerhorn.1347

Hammerhorn.1347

Oh I love this topic , Im Hammerhorn Da Great from Anvil Rock server , one of my guilds favorite pass times is killin people in jump puzzles. Given we do our share of hostile target take over in WvW the JP slaughter is a way to unwind. Recently we were pitted against a large server for WvW we took 6 of us and held the rock above the water fall for 3 hrs before we had other things to do. In the course of that 3 hours we probly killed 40-60 enemy targets lookin for free trebs and golems … thats the real treasure from free siege. At times we wiped groups of up to 15 people , 6 vs 15 no deaths on our part having 2 low lvs ( mid 40s ) and the other 4 were full exotic out. How? Well were organized , we use vent , were veteran players from top end hard core raid content of other games and we use siege to our advantage. Long ago when the game 1st came out I let people go by me in jump puzzles until one day someone I let go by linked up with a buddy , and when they had the advantage deceided to kill me. It was in that moment that I realized this is PvP , these people are getting FREE weapons of mass destruction why would I just let them pass? So to all you would be free siege grabbers when you see a guardian at a puzzle with the guild tag VS by his name just know when I wave its to let you know your about to die.

Guild Leader of Valiant Sword
Commander Hammerhorn Da Great
Defender of Anvil Rock 80 Guardian / 80 Thief / 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Naw. My best/most intense 1v1s are in the JP. Less likely to be interrupted. My guild likes to make games out of camping EBJP. It’s tons of fun, I recommend it. We used to pick out a guild du jour from the enemy server. We’d whisper them and tell them either “only your guild can pass” or conversely, tell others from the enemy server coming through that we were only targeting a specific guild that day, you can pass, but don’t try to help the targeted guild. We play another game now that it’s harder to communicate with the other server, but I’m gonna keep that game a secret in case my guild doesn’t want that info getting out. We like mind games. We never throw up siege though. If we’re gonna fight it’s gonna be fair and square.

In short, just have fun with it, if you don’t want to get camped or killed go back during a dead time for your swag.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Slamz.5376

Why pay 6 silver when you can do 3 easy jumping puzzles per day and end up with a load of them, and possibly trebs and golems too?

You’ll go for the 1 gold golem blueprint but you’ll still use the 6 silver arrow cart blueprint.

A game that’s 100% WvW

in WvW

Krosan.2890

Why pay 6 silver when you can do 3 easy jumping puzzles per day and end up with a load of them, and possibly trebs and golems too?

You’ll go for the 1 gold golem blueprint but you’ll still use the 6 silver arrow cart blueprint.

Did I ever say doing jumping puzzles was bad? This is about killing people in the puzzle and thats what I replied to. Don’t take my comments out of their context…

in WvW

Posted by: vesus.9081

vesus.9081

I don’t like PvP nor WvW, but I’m a kind of obsessive compulsive with waypoints, pois, JP and all the exploration (haven’t finished the pve maps) and as far as I know, to get the explorer achievements I have to get all of the WvW poi, JP and stuff… so, I’m screwed…

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

the w3 jumping puzzles are one of the most fun things in GW2.

“schadenfreude”

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

JP’s shouldn’t even be on wvw maps imo.

It’s fine that they’re part of WvW…but people should treat them as part of the WvW PVP zone rather than some place that deserves special treatment.

You want to do these jump puzzles? Gear up, get some friends and kill anyone who tries to stop you.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: smack.9651

smack.9651

I don’t always do the jumping puzzle

But when I do, I use knockback skills on high ledges.

Eriset (80), Heathorn (80), Ballista Flockhart (46), Donny Parchezy (80)
Northern Shiverpeaks
The Forest Guard [TFG]