WvW? Please change the description.

in WvW

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

World versus World. No. Zerg versus Zerg. Please change the name to reflect reality. Because anyone thats spent more than ten minutes in wvw knows that its all about safety in numbers and zero about playing your class (unless you get into one of those really rare one vs one or one vs two situations). And if you didn’t bring friends (or you are on one of the lowest ranking wvw servers in the game)…good luck using every running away skill you have. Fun? Not on my server.

I just want world completion, I like PVE and I HATE (no word strong enough) this stuff. Pay to transfer? I’d rather eat my eyes with a rusty spoon. But thanks for all the suggestions i’m sure will be forthcoming.

And no, you can’t guest to do it…but cheers for the advice.

in WvW

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

lol             

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Better & more apt name.

Skill lag v skill lag v skill lag.

;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

forum warriors v.s forum warriors v.s forum warriors

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I know your trying to make a joke but the zergs are in the “world” and world or server fight each other. So if anything it should be server versus server versus server or SvSvS.

Also i doubt any one in this forum would suggest guesting as we are for the most part WvWers and are aware of this.

And Man! I want world completion, I like WvW and I dislike PvE…

Are you going to cut your eyes out with the rusty spoon or have them professionally done, then eat them?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

World vs World vs World does reflect the reality of it. Because it means everyone in a server versus everyone in a server. So, reducing it to zerg vs zerg is actually limiting the title.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Reasons I’m comfortable down at T8.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

you can also get in a guild with people that knows there class and learn to counter bigger numbers it works;)

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in WvW

Posted by: bmabrey.7859

bmabrey.7859

you are playing wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

you can also get in a guild with people that knows there class and learn to counter bigger numbers it works;)

Not really.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

pebcak, as usual

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

the term zerg gets thrown out waaaay too much i’ve seen ppl call a 10m grp a “zerg” which is pretty laughable. Seriously though theres plenty of games who have great pvp at a smaller scale. Go read the description again if you thought you would find 1v1 or other small scale battles in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

the term zerg gets thrown out waaaay too much i’ve seen ppl call a 10m grp a “zerg” which is pretty laughable. Seriously though theres plenty of games who have great pvp at a smaller scale. Go read the description again if you thought you would find 1v1 or other small scale battles in wvw.

But I was killing a Yak and those 5 guys zerged me :-(

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: killscallion.3214

killscallion.3214

Arrow Carts vs. Arrow Carts

Asura Mesmer
[CO] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Actually, renaming it to Lagwars would pretty much sum everything up.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

“ow look, people are moving around in a large army across the map! That is such mindless zerging and totally not the intent of a large pvp map with multiple hard to take objectives that require the combined effort of a lot of people.
Why dont you rename it to zerg wars! (ha im so witty).”

Whats next, you’re going to call up the national history and tell them to rename the Holy Crusades to the Holy Zerging?

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

“ow look, people are moving around in a large army across the map! That is such mindless zerging and totally not the intent of a large pvp map with multiple hard to take objectives that require the combined effort of a lot of people.
Why dont you rename it to zerg wars! (ha im so witty).”

Whats next, you’re going to call up the national history and tell them to rename the Holy Crusades to the Holy Zerging?

Jerusalem was playing in T7 back then and everyone knows that any group with more than 8 players is a zerg in T7. So technically the crusaders would be a blob. So the Holy Blobs.

yw

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Better & more apt name.

Skill lag v skill lag v skill lag.

;p

Or rather:

………………………………………………….Skill…………………….lag………………………..v………..
…………………………………………………………..sk……………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………illlagvskillag

[You have been defeated.]

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Not really.

Your obviously doing it wrong come face a t7 guild we are pretty kitten good at killing larger groups then us

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Of course, change WvW to ZvZ, whichever got more Zerglings/Banelings/Mutalisks than the other wins.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

Or rather:

………………………………………………….Skill…………………….lag………………………..v………..
…………………………………………………………..sk……………………………………………………………
………………………………………………………illlagvskillag

[You have been defeated.]

Totally this xD

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

What skill lag? i don’t know what you guys are talking about.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Here ppl cry about zergs and in topic next door ppl cry ACs destroy fun of zerging… kitten logic.

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

What skill lag? i don’t know what you guys are talking about.

if you stay logged long enough you’ll discover that 2-5 skills are meant to do something.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I seriously don’t understand why zergs are a problem, WvW is advertised as open scale massive pvp which involves 30v30,50v50 even 70v70, if you want to do roaming then roam between spawn camps slap yaks hit supply camps. If you can’t move anywhere without a zerg catching you drop down from tiers 1-2 and make yourself useful. In war it’s usually the sides with the most numbers win same applies here.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I know right? It’s almost as if there are groups of people who work together in teams.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

World versus World. No. Zerg versus Zerg. Please change the name to reflect reality. Because anyone thats spent more than ten minutes in wvw knows that its all about safety in numbers and zero about playing your class (unless you get into one of those really rare one vs one or one vs two situations). And if you didn’t bring friends (or you are on one of the lowest ranking wvw servers in the game)…good luck using every running away skill you have. Fun? Not on my server.

I just want world completion, I like PVE and I HATE (no word strong enough) this stuff. Pay to transfer? I’d rather eat my eyes with a rusty spoon. But thanks for all the suggestions i’m sure will be forthcoming.

And no, you can’t guest to do it…but cheers for the advice.

First off, don’t take this response the wrong way, it’s meant to be a nice response, and a simple inquiry.

You say you HATE WvW. Have you ever actually run with a good Commander or a good group of friends? I’ve found that the most enjoyable way to play WvW is to run with a good group of friends, or under a good Commander. As a T1 Commander, I try to both win, and have fun while leading.

Below are some videos of me and my Guild/allies running WvW.

This one is me just having plain fun having a sing along/karaoke night with a bunch of the militia, and still winning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1RdTc2pYaS4

This one is what it looks like to run with organized people (i.e. a Guild.):

Hate all you want, and you can still keep your opinion, but what I have noticed is that a lot of people that say they “HATE” WvW is because they run under a bad Commander or only do it for world completion. Honestly, I say every person should give it a shot.

And just as a heads up, all these clips were of T1, the biggest zerg fest ever. The second video shows how you can win with smaller forces.

Enjoy, and cheers.

-Gismor

EDIT: Please don’t hate me on my horrible singing. xD I promised I would sing to my guys if I got 50 players on TS3, and I was bored. My favorite part is around 11 minutes. >_>

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

(edited by Gismor.8407)

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

The problem isn’t with giant zergs of unorganized people, it’s when organized guilds gather up to form one massive army that things go into a state of ‘i need as big an army as they have to win’

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

World versus World. No. Zerg versus Zerg. Please change the name to reflect reality.

Not to say too much, but it’s really not Zerg vs Zerg, that just seems to be how your tier does it.

In T8, our “Zergs” don’t even pop orange swords, and we have many small camp capping groups that run in 2 – 5 man teams all over the place, not to mention the rather common solo capper.

-Edit- Gah teach me not to read the whole post -facepalm-

I see this is a PvE rant.

Dude. I don’t know what to tell you, I know the pain of dealing with gankers and nasty people who camp spawns and things like that in WvW, it really sours the whole thing due to the actions of a few (or at least I hope it is the few), in reality, fighting in that Zerg, is a really honorable way to fight, it requires tactics, team work, and spacial awareness.

The reality is, if you are looking for world completion it is either you want the pretty star or you want the legendary and the legendary requires 500 badges of honor, and the truth is, people do camp the jump puzzle.

I would say, if you want, then you need to do what you would do for a PvE point, and that is fight for it, go out there, follow the zerg and get the points you need with them. Death is part of that, and while not fun, when they laugh, dance, or whatever, just turn off emotes, and move on from it.

It says “Invader” or “defender” just think of them as NPC’s and not other players, fight as you would fight, and work for the points.

There really is no other way to do it.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

(edited by Ungood.3054)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Not really.

Your obviously doing it wrong come face a t7 guild we are pretty kitten good at killing larger groups then us

I am in T7. And you are not very good. We wipe you every time.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Who are you wiping now? Lol I’m in japan atm oh and who are you never heardo you and don’t have a realm in ur sig

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

(edited by frostshade.3617)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Honestly, with all the whining about arrowcarts, you’d think that the zergs had been destroyed.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Enjoy your eye

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.