WvW T1 will only be english-speaking servers

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I wish we could get international players on the Tarnished Coast. Thing is, we’re a full server with insomniac RPers (like myself) and a semi-night presence, thank you Aussies and Oceanics! I believe we even got an Asian guild or two. We won’t dominate night, but we have more than some others and… well, it’s always tricky to transfer into since we have that whole unofficial RP title thing giving us a ton of players who come to experience immersion, be it in PvE, the tavern OR dub vee dub.

Still, all that said, it must be awesome to practice different languages from people around the world… and get to understand their perspectives a little better. I know the stereotype of the ugly American tourist, but I believe there are actually quite a few of us that love learning about other cultures and would try to adapt to them… instead of asking why they aren’t adapting to us. Hell, if the Spanish moved in force to TC for example, I know I’d work my damdest on relearning Spanish just so I could continue to serve as a functional commander on the server.

in WvW

Posted by: Doyen.7063

Doyen.7063

I just want to put some information into circulation about the location of the servers.

Forgive my lack of the internet and network knowledge, but to me this is the most that I can do.

I’m on Seafarers Rest, an EU labelled server.
I live in the UK, so i’m GMT.
I’m logged into the game and stood in EB after just porting in, the time on my mini map reads 20:25.
I go into options and UI, change the time to read “Server time”, it changes to 13:25. 7 hours behind me, indicating that the server is in the US.
I type /ip into chat
I then type the ip address into www.whatsmyipaddress.com – it indicates that its geophysical location is Texas, US.

To me that suggests that despite playing on an EU labelled server, i’m actually playing on a server with its location in the US.

This leads me onto my second point. There is something fundamentally wrong with wvw at the moment. A huge part of this is pvdoor.

If all the servers were to be dismantled and new ones created they could quite feasibly be global servers, with all nationalities on them speaking all languages. Truly cosmopolitan server, with multitude of cultures all mingling and interacting with each other, as the internet should be.

Final Fantasy XI used a feature called (auto-translate) almost 10 years ago now, to get over the language and communication barrier, a genius thing. Keywords, landmarks, items, skills – everything fundamental to the game belonged in it. A similar feature could be used to help over come any communication issues.

If people really hate foreign languages that much, just ignore the speaker.

It is time to remove labelled servers and merge them all into global ones, the “nightcapping” issues would eventually settle themselves out. The only argument against it that makes sense is language issues. A simple solution as I pointed out above could help to resolve this.

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

Germany and France have huge communities and they’re the most dedicated one at that as we can see with nightcapping mobilization and other kind of tough organization no other server was able to do. They have more than a right to be able to compete about anything else, what they’ve been doing all those past week.

People who are still playing on Henge of Denravi or Eredon Terace are dedicated. Vizunah has never been stomped and has never been out of tier one, I don’t think Arborstone lost a match until they got into tier 1. Even the matches Vizunah or Arborstone have lost have been, as far as I know, pretty close. If you’re part of a server that got its kitten handed to it week after week, droped tier by tier, and large parts of their community giving up on WvW, and you still log on, then you are dedicated. The players on Desolation who stuck with it when this happened to them are dedicated. We haven’t had a chance to see if the players on Vizunah or Arborstone are dedicated yet.

in WvW

Posted by: eiennnoai.9870

eiennnoai.9870

Well I’m sorry I can’t quote…

@Knasher.5607
That would be the case if you think it is the only way to prove one’s dedication. I totally agree that the players which have been sticking with their servers since the beginning whether they lose or win are dedicated, whether they are from Desolation, AS, VS, BB, ER, AR, …….
But a server which can stay in T1 for nearly 2 month can only be dedicated too. Except if you think that T1 has been totally unfair fights and they had to do absolutely nothing for that. Which isn’t right especially seeing that last week it was really a close call with fights quite similar in size at (nearly) all hours. Even if you didn’t live it in the english forums since this was FR vs FR vs DE there was a lot of action and many agree to tell it was the best matchup thus far in EU T1 history.
How come I think it is possible to prove one’s dedication without losing ? Because nightcapping requires a lot of organization, player mobilization to stay up late and whatever, especially for VS since they have the same players since september, although there was a lot of drama against AS since they used a 30 québécois guild that same week which came sometime before, put together with an huge will to win for AS and to become #1 EU, which mobilized a lot of french players on their sides together with those QC ones (which aren’t all 30 on the field either).
But sometimes it’s not enough, the matchup was seriously tight since Elona had a decent nightcapping force, being able to close up the score with AS on many nights, while VS found itself to be outmatched more often (elona scores 20->27). They did lose in the end, but there was a lot of competition, and that required dedication from both sides and especially Elona’s people to put up with AS’s nightcapping frenzy.
What’s even more interesting, is that both AS and VS actually LOST against Elona the two weeks before that, first in T1 with ER FSP VS (link) and before that in T2 with AS ER AR (link). Yes, again 2 FR servers against a DE one this time and I don’t think they’ve been 2vs1ed (nobody complained), nor there nor last week. ER’s players had huge dedication in those matchup, the holidays helped but there still was a huge number of their players coming to fight at night. That also is dedication, considering how this messes up one’s life even if it’s holidays, it doesn’t mean your health becomes suddenly boosted, or your IRL life suddenly vacant (VS knows this very well since they’re in the same case atm).

TL;DR nightcapping requires dedicated players ready to sacrifice part of their IRL to improve their server’s ranking and points. Well, it requires dedicated players when you’re doing it in your own TZ, which is what VS has been doing, a nice part of Blacktide too, AS, even the few Deso EU players coming at night atm etc. The only difference is that VS did that for whole months straight, which indeed helped ensuring their #1 place, but that doesn’t come from nothing at all !

(edited by eiennnoai.9870)

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

Now on topic, I would like to underline that there exists solutions other than the full international bracket, although this one is fine with me too as long as it helps solving today’s issues. I’ll develop one of them only, but I do believe there is a handful we could come up with :
That solution is to plainly create an Oceanian + Asian bracket (same timezones) and put transfer restriction for full guilds out of own’s timezone, with eventually an additional bracket (3-9 servs ?) for those who actually want international warfare. This would pretty much solve any issues, and could be done with roughly the same amount of servers that currently exists. Indeed EU’s TZ is from GMT (UK/Portugal) to GMT+3 (Russia, most of russian being in the “european” part of their country). Before the transfer frenzy EU bracket was mostly following this pattern, and I’d say that it is a viable way of doing the fights, at night there wasn’t many people on (overall less than a hundred, way less even somtimes) but from whole populations of thousands of person, all in the same timezone, with organization, willpower, research anyone can field that same kind of number as long as their population is similar in size. Sure the maps aren’t all full, but the limitation on 3W maps wasn’t created as a minimum number requirement (like some people seem to believe lately) but as as maximum one. A similar kind of auto balancing would happen on the NA and the new Oceania+Asian bracket. Finally, for all those who want 24/7 warfare the “international” bracket’s servers could be easily accessible by anyone via transfers.
The number used here are examples, the ONLY problem is to find the best way to partition 50-60 servers, while having some spare space for the eventual transfers that’d emerge (international guilds wanting to come back to their TZ since they want another kind of competition, …). But the problem is similar in all situations, since in any case major transfers are bound to happen even in the case of an only bracket (like we are seeing now on Desolation for exemple) overcrowding a server while some others become dead lands.

I’m maybe wrong, but I think some players would prefere to enjoy a more laid back and especially “personal” 3W where they have to create things and manage them rather than relying on sheer number fights and having maps 100% full all of the time. This would center 3W around the territorial warfare aspect, which indeed is interesting, but there IS more than this to 3W at least for some people. Having a full server willing for some fight, being insanely present because of successful mobilization calls, can also be part of 3W, and that would be fine.

My 2 cents.

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

well here on Stormbluff Isle we have a large amount of Korean players yet we still work together.

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I can only speak for myself here but creating an Oceanic or Asian bracket wouldn’t coerce me to move from my US server. I don’t have an issue with non-english speaking players either, I would welcome the chance to practice my German and French if we had them here. I haven’t spoken either language in over 15 years.

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

Well Indeed this Asian+oceanic bracket would be used mostly by asian players since I do know that Australians & others are used to play on NA servers. Although from my personal experience Koreans and Japanese prefere to play in their own communities rather than in a more international way if given the choice, so I guess that bracket would be mostly for them (if things go this way). This majorly depends from A-net though, I think having such a bracket is viable only if they want to release the game officialy in Asia some day, but if not there maybe won’t be enough people interested to create that.
Overall, since it’s the same TZ anyway I would say Oceanic can have a go at it pretty fairly in this option if there’s a will for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

WE ARE NOT AMERICA – WE ARE EUROPE

so hard to understand?
stop to think you are the world and others love to be like you – we dont thx

i dont like english and i will not play on a english server – simpel

in WvW

Posted by: Grischu.3869

Grischu.3869

Simple solution.
Stop playing, don’t buy the next addon. if communication not works, let speak the money!

Grischu – Wächter 80 / Ertiki – Necromancer 80 / Risana Mortis – Messmer 80
Good old Days [GD] Elona

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

The solution is to merge US and EU bracket to make it an only one international ladder. Since it’s a 24/7 battle with people transfering to servers with an other timezone to get easy victory and saying it’s a part of the game, even if i dislike it, it’s true, so there is no point in having 2 brackets.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

If T1 becomes english-speaking only, that’s because english speakers understand diplomacy and tactic.

I don’t see any lack of tactics and diplomacy at being beaten while EU players are asleep, sorry.
Please, be honest at last…

I don’t have anything against Deso players and I have respect for the majority, in fact, fight during day/evening are pretty fun !
But at night ? what’s the point ? even the most dedicated EU servers at night cannot compete with it…

Let’s try to be constructive :
why did they create EU(EN) servers in the first place then ?
Because they where supposed to be populated by players from Europe
US playing on EU simply unbalance the EU ladder.

The solution is to merge US and EU bracket to make it an only one international ladder. Since it’s a 24/7 battle with people transfering to servers with an other timezone to get easy victory and saying it’s a part of the game, even if i dislike it, it’s true, so there is no point in having 2 brackets.

That won’t solve anything, and would be even worse…

let’s assume that more than 80% of the EU players are playing on 2 or 3 timezones.
If there is only one ladder, how are they suppose to compete ?
Sure, it will be easy for EN speaking servers. It’s an international spoken language, and out of EU people will play on those servers.
But what do we do with the 50% euro players that are FR/ES/DE then? :/ What have they done to have their map captured at night without any chance to retaliate ?
What can we do ? make a FR/ES/DE ladder ?

EU ladder was slowly being balanced, I think Arborstone, Vizunah and Elona had a similar “power” and it would have been a truly interesting battle on top tier.

And now, those top EU servers, the most competitive ones for weeks, will go down on the ladder for only one reason : not speaking english or not having oversea territory ? How is that fair ?

ANet please, do something to solve this !

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

Merging the ladders and deleting those language specific servers is a solution, it should have been the case since release IMO. That or an IP restriction.
At this moment, there is absolutely no point having 2 ladders, since the same players are competing on both.

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Yeah but those language specific server exists because of a reason :
Many people don’t speak English, or they simply want to be in a community that speak their native language. And they represent half of the EU pop !
It’s impossible to simply ignore them, especially when some of them have the most competitive communities in all EU (FR or DE)

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

Well no they don’t, they can’t compete on a 24/7 basis… so it’s either accepting that they will end up in the bottom tier, which their competitive players don’t, or accept to not be communicating in their language anymore.

War is war, there is no sleeping mode. I’m on VS and I do have a problem with the actual set up because there is no logic at all in it. I wouldn’t have a problem with an IP limitation, some would. I wouldn’t have a problem with only international servs, some would.

In any case some people are going to be unhappy, what’s it gonna be ? Bottom tier ? IP limit ? Language specifics disappearing ?

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

“And even then, what about germans?
So, this will end sooner or later with non-english speaking servers drop to the bottom of ladder. Not because of skill lack, juste because they just can’t compete on 24/7 presence due to language spoken on server.”

I’m german but I play on an international(english) EU server because I don’t like most of the other germans. Too many “power gamers” that care about stats and playing most efficiently instead of playing for fun… I thought. Ha ha. Until I saw a lot of french being the first in things like legendaries and other stuff. Seems they have even more people like that there.

But I think we have good social security lol. And a lot of unemployed can afford to play during night. Don’t underestimate the housewives, unemployed and students that don’t need to work next that and are able to play all the night. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

I am reading alot (and writing, sometimes) on the DE and EN forums, and by now I still miss the answers to some very basic questions I personally have:

Why did ANet put up two ladders?

Is it because they wanted NA guilds to join english-speaking servers on EU? I frankly doubt that.

Why are NA guilds joining english speaking EU servers at all, instead of giving the best for the servers the run from?

Is it because all of a sudden they discovered that GW2 is an international game? I doubt that, too. If that would be the case, where have they been in the beginning?
Famous example (not the only one for future times): Desolatioin / RUIN. Where was RUIN in “the old days”? I have full respect for Desolation players who gave all they had for the server back then. I also have full understanding for NA guilds to join english speaking EU servers now, cause this is the way you have to go if you want to play in T1. But do not expect me to give respect to them. Aside this kitteni attitude “we are Desolation, everybody wants to kick us, we hold the ground 1vs2 blabla”. To me all you do is ruining Desolations reputation.

and the most important question to me:

What’s so cool about beeing in T1?

Just to tell to your friends: look, I am member of worlds best server? I say worlds best, because I often read in the EN forums that the EU servers are better organised, more competetive and such. I cannot judge this, cause I never played on a NA server, and never will.

On my server we allready know we will never stand a chance to compete in T1, just because we lack the 24/7 manpower. To us there is allready an unofficial ladder: T1, the international servers, and then the others. I say: so what? As long as we have good competition, I am perfectly fine with this. I wouldn’t mind playing in T8, as long as we get kicked our a**es and can pay back.

I will be playing WvWvW on and on, cause basically to me it’s a bunch of fun.
I see ANet somehow messed it up – not that I care.
But can someone maybe enlighten me and answer these questions I have?

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

We can’t give you the right answer, except Anet, but I’ll give you my opinion.

All of this, started with the nightcaping. Because some servers noticed that if they wanted to win, they need to get a nigth team. What is a night time ? Insomniacs, or oversea ppl. I doubt some ppl are awake at 4-5am, that’s why they looked at oversea peoples.

But you’ll tell me : Why do we need a night team ? Because some servers noticed that they can win a match, with the night only. It’s very very simple +600 for 6h, gives you a large amount of points.

Anet didn’t expect that huge competition, and didn’t expect those 24/7 matchs. A game stay a game, but for some, it’s more than a game, it’s a real competition, like an olympic one. Anet didn’t expect those night figthing and all, that’s why !

Right now, everyone wants to be in top3, which means => playing 24/7 => oversea people.

NA/EU understood that if they want to win, they need to merge together NA+EU. EU servs recruited canadians for example. But atm, Americans coming to us, why ? because American servs are… crappy ? Last time I talked with some Americans, and they said : Compared to us, you guys are pretty good and well organized.

Then, if you need to move, you’ll join a better serv, not the contrary. For some, UE servs > NA, this is why americans are coming.

What about their origins ? They don’t really give a kitten, they just want to join a winner serv.

About the T1 … Look at the world man, everyone want to be the best… Look at some countries fighting for a piece of teritory. It’s the same… People don’t fight for loosing (imo).

Now, what about those tags, personnaly I don’t care about the language, i’m french, my english ain’t perfect, but i’m writing this answer. If you want to be in a top servs, you need to do some consession, and talk in english. If you want to keep your main language, move away ? Or don’t cry if your servs is dropping down.

I’ll give you a real example, when you’re looking for a job. You don’t want to talk in english ? then stay in your contry, and fight for a crappy job. You can talk in english ? then you can go everywhere, and get a pretty good job. This is what a call : Competitivity.

But right now, with our team, Vizunan can’t keep the T1. Accept it, or recruit oversea people ! There’s not a 3rd choice. French doesn’t want to talk in english ? okay, then get ready for the dropping, cause it will be rude !

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

in WvW

Gwal.2813

@Yuki : We all know that’s what’s going to happen, but where is the logic in there ? It’s wrong
Why a server with more dedicated, more wvw oriented, and overall with better players, (which is the case of Vizunah, Arborstone and Elona I believe) should be behind in the ladder just because they don’t speak English ?
They can’t be first for not having overseas territories ? :/

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

I find it funny how Desolation people keep boasting how they beat both French servers single-handedly, when the reason they are not behing both Arborstone and Vizunah is exactly the opposite: bad strategic and diplomatic play from the French servers who kept bickering at each other more than playing vs Desolation. It’s like Russians on BT and FS going at each other and ignoring Elona, except that Elona isn’t saying they single-handedly beat everyone; they know what was going on.

That does not mean Desolation in its curren’t state isn’t a strong server, but the reason you have so many points atm isn’t because you’re that good, it’s because French servers are that bad.

I find it amusing that the OP is worried about Tier 1 ending up as English speaking servers only.

Quite ironic too, as the two French servers currently in Tier 1 tried, and failed, to make it so only French servers were constantly in Tier 1.

Exactly. These 2 French servers should be the last ones complaining about English domination, and in 1 month time I don’t think any server who is as bad at strategy and diplomacy as these 2 French servers will be in top2 spots on EU or NA. WvW isn’t 1 on 1 war.

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

Please what is this I don’t even ?

A french server with the biggest night force ?? Desolation often has 130 players against barely 50 VS the best nights, and PA is often nowhere to be found. I believe the only night where VS actually put up a fight at night is saturday night because of week end, holidays starting and many various reasons (and this night deso couldn’t take anything indeed). But the rest VS has ALWAYS been greatly outnumbered, which is even worst from PA’s POV.

Also, at many points there were 2 french servers against another one in T1, T2 and T3 (just for those brackets which are seen as more competitive, but it’s true for any other one) and absolutely at no moment there was any kind of “holy alliance” to get the enemy out, you should ask Elona players which have been against french servers for a long time if they’ve been tag teamed.

Finally you should know that French servers fight more against each others than together when they have the ability to do so. At many points in today’s war PA and VS were more concentrated against each other rather than on their “enemy”, this alliance worked only for several hours before being breached and that was only for some top guilds, the biggest part of players not caring about this (or just not being informed).

Please stop with all this ridiculous misinformation.

As for finding a night force, how can you even compare “if you have a domestic night force” vs “go find one to switch here”. This is ridiculous. Nightforce is something you BUILD from your own server’s players. I, for one play on a EU medium pop server which currently lacks a nightforce. The thing is, as a night player myself I find many people (at least 20-30 on one map only) often active at night but farming events or whatever else. The solution to a lack of nightforce would be to mobilize those at least for an hour or two during the night rather than beg US guilds to transfer, wouldn’t it ?

@The above thread, this is ridiculous. First AS and VS are insulted because they play 2vs1 for some hours, now they’re insulted for not doing it. You people will always find a way to prove your divine and ineluctable superiority in every aspect. How can you even go as far as to reproach FR servers to be playing the game kind of fairly ? Seriously all this FR hate is sickening me.

Please keep this thread clean and don’t bring Deso vs VS vs AS trolls. This was a good thread with constructive posts and remarks.

in WvW

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi Guys,

We already warned you on the previous page, but I would like to make a last reminder here.

I ask you to stay polite and constructive when you want to express your opinion on our forums. Making a “nationality war” won’t help anyone here as it removes all the fun that can be brought by the battles between servers.

Stay respectful when you talk to your opponents and let’s fight on the battlefield, but not on the forums.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Freohr.7905

Freohr.7905

Wasn’t Vizunah Square night-capping in T1 for quite some time?
And… this thread is whine from the French servers that Desolation is night-capping?

The irony, it hurts.

If having a bigger blob means victory then you will blob.
Sun Tzu said that, and I think he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

@Freohr.7905
this thread is not about night-capping, rather about importing NA register and living in NA players to European WvW competition. I think so …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Kazuno.9218

Kazuno.9218

European ladder should belong to European players and American ladder aswell belong to American players. Other ways there’s no point in calling it like that, just make an international ladder with international servers.

Kazzuno[VSS]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

This is a non-issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

I see one compromise in this situation EU ladder only for EU ( IP restricted ) players and this same solution for NA ladder, and add one more – “Global Ladder” ( Global International 24/7 competition ) available for all players across the world …

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I just want to put some information into circulation about the location of the servers.

Forgive my lack of the internet and network knowledge, but to me this is the most that I can do.

I’m on Seafarers Rest, an EU labelled server.
I live in the UK, so i’m GMT.
I’m logged into the game and stood in EB after just porting in, the time on my mini map reads 20:25.
I go into options and UI, change the time to read “Server time”, it changes to 13:25. 7 hours behind me, indicating that the server is in the US.
I type /ip into chat
I then type the ip address into www.whatsmyipaddress.com – it indicates that its geophysical location is Texas, US.

To me that suggests that despite playing on an EU labelled server, i’m actually playing on a server with its location in the US.

This leads me onto my second point. There is something fundamentally wrong with wvw at the moment. A huge part of this is pvdoor.

If all the servers were to be dismantled and new ones created they could quite feasibly be global servers, with all nationalities on them speaking all languages. Truly cosmopolitan server, with multitude of cultures all mingling and interacting with each other, as the internet should be.

Final Fantasy XI used a feature called (auto-translate) almost 10 years ago now, to get over the language and communication barrier, a genius thing. Keywords, landmarks, items, skills – everything fundamental to the game belonged in it. A similar feature could be used to help over come any communication issues.

If people really hate foreign languages that much, just ignore the speaker.

It is time to remove labelled servers and merge them all into global ones, the “nightcapping” issues would eventually settle themselves out. The only argument against it that makes sense is language issues. A simple solution as I pointed out above could help to resolve this.

The other hint that the servers (for WvW at least) are all located in the States is that when you hover over a portrait of a party member, in brackets it always has an American Server. I think atm when you hover over for my party we’re all apparently on Yaks Bend. Changes every week.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

A french server with the biggest night force ?? Desolation often has 130 players against barely 50 VS the best nights, and PA is often nowhere to be found

If you seriously believe the average night between Deso and VS is 130 vs 50 then there’s no space for rational discussion anymore.

Here are a few fun facts: this night I kept fighting until 6 AM (yeah yeah I know an EU-based Deso player fighting at night? Impossible, right? We all know the nights are the exclusive province of RUIN who can casually bring 1 trillion players to all 4 maps simultaneously completely saturating the queues…).

I was playing in the VS borderland. We kept being attacked (by both servers at first, then by VS only after AS all but disappeared from the map during the night) at our keep having the orb for something like 10-12 hours straight, and this includes all the night until at least 6 AM when I went to bed. At NO TIME during this whole period VS had less than a 40-man zerg to fuel the attack.

Meanwhile (and this was during the 3-6AM period) VS also had enough people to:

- hold half the EB map against the quadrillion RUIN players that as we all know can also all enter the maps regardless of the maximum cap
- instantly recap our own borderland as soon as our forces there had to move (and stay) to VS map to defend the keep due to our dwindling numbers on the map

If we had 130 vs 50 we’d have simply met their 50 with OUR 50 while the remaining 80 people would have capped the rest of the empty maps, left a few scouts around (say 10 on each map), THEN come back to the contested map and crushed them 100 vs 50.

The score speaks clearly enough. Simple fact of the matter is: unless you believe in those mythical 40 tactical supergeniuses university students on permanent week-long vacations which only apply to them and not to AS’ players, and think all of them are multiboxing with 10 accounts each, the empyrical observation makes it extremely clear that VS can bring MASSIVE numbers of players at any time of the day or of the night, and they can keep this going day in day out for the whole week. That’s why they are where they are in the first place, and that’s why the scores are so close. We on Desolation are simply matching their numbers, nothing less, nothing more.

For the first time we have a matchup in EU T1 in which the winner is not a foregone conclusion before wednesday. Are you all already so used to total washouts to feel the need to complain that you MIGHT lose for THE FIRST TIME to an english-speaking server?

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

When a server has an income of 600 points, it’s not by matching the numbers of its opponents.

But it’s true that with student’s holidays, a public holiday, a quickly failed alliance and many players changing their playtime (and sleep) to be there in the early morning, we manage to hang around.

So I guess you’ll have some challenge a week every two month, on Fr/De holidays.
Have fun with it.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

blablablabla

you are off topic.

try answering these questions first:

Why are NA guilds joining english speaking EU servers at all, instead of giving the best for the servers the run from?

I can understand the malaise here.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

you are off topic.

try answering these questions first:

Because they correctly realized that to be competitive with this scoring system you need 24/7 coverage and achieving that without horrible queues is only possible if a server has groups from different timezones. And to reach this situation you need NA players on EU servers and EU players on NA servers, which is what is happening and what everyone with half a brain foresaw the instant we had the first week-long matches.
If anything, the weird thing here is that it took so long to start the process.

Because they are utterly clueless and didn’t think through what would happen with a 24/7 system having multiple region-split servers instead of just a global one a la EVE.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I have a problem with people regarding night time capping as PvDoor.

I’m in NA and play during the prime time. If you think night time is PvDoor you intentionally are leaving out facts to make your arguments. Most tiers will have similar coverage, which means even distribution in early morning, prime time and nighttime.

So please, stop only using HALF the facts and then try to make it like your argument is right.

IE, look at US tier 1. All servers have a night time/prime time/early morning presence and it creates an even matchup. Get off the PvDoor argument because it’s flawed.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

Because they correctly realized that to be competitive with this scoring system you need 24/7 coverage and achieving that without horrible queues is only possible if a server has groups from different timezones. And to reach this situation you need NA players on EU servers and EU players on NA servers, which is what is happening and what everyone with half a brain foresaw the instant we had the first week-long matches.
If anything, the weird thing here is that it took so long to start the process.

If anything, it is odd that s most of the other EU servers played the game to a certain extent while only a handful did not and chose to abuse the easy way to win (free transfer ftw).

pretty egoistical for a game and clearly reflecting a poor state of mind.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

in WvW

Gwal.2813

Here are a few fun facts: this night I kept fighting until 6 AM (yeah yeah I know an EU-based Deso player fighting at night? Impossible, right? We all know the nights are the exclusive province of RUIN who can casually bring 1 trillion players to all 4 maps simultaneously completely saturating the queues…).
Are you all already so used to total washouts to feel the need to complain that you MIGHT lose for THE FIRST TIME to an english-speaking server?

This night was special because it’s holiday right now in France, many players set up their alarm clock early in order to keep fighting
It’s clearly visible if you look at the income graphs that Deso has much more people at night : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16

BTW, you wouldn’t be the first. Elona beat us, and we weren’t complaining, They were better opponents, that’s all. and they did it on their own : http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/16/4

To get back to the topic :
The more dedicated and wvw oriented servers in EU : Vizunah, Arborstone and Elona, will go down in the ladder, only because they can’t recruit from an international community speaking their language :/
I don’t think that was intended by ANet when they created an EU ladder …

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: DNGSuperdan.7596

DNGSuperdan.7596

Everyone has different goals in life and ingame, totally understand the issue with language barriers but there isn’t an English speaking server they are listed as EU or NA areas with populations containing people of all languages everyone has a choice to use their own language ingame. Some may get annoyed but play with your friends that understand enjoy what you can.

Take the English soccer league team Arsenal they had many French players in the past who helped them to win even tho it’s an English team and league anyone can join it’s just a bracket a name to structure and organize competitions.

Play and enjoy don’t lose sleep damage your own health i’m sure Arena Net didn’t design the game so people don’t sleep to play at crazy hours and damage their health all year round, why not appreciate help from people from other timezones if it was a Asian guild of thousands that came to EU server what will you tell them they are not welcome?

NA/EU servers titles appear to be just a bracket doesn’t have any rules limiting anyone from joining.

The reason i posted this is because i lived in Asia for awhile played many games with people from all over the world I want to introduce them to the game but I live in the EU play on an EU server whilst scouting forums to find a nice server for friends to settle and find comments here unwelcoming.

Do you reject people you meet in your personal lives cause they speak a different language just because they are in your country that speaks something different?

Well I congratulate Desolution server for welcoming other timezones and thank you Arena Net for allowing people to continue playing and meeting others from different places.

in WvW

Posted by: Natureswarden.5102

Natureswarden.5102

Please can moderators do something about the comments that are being allowed to fly here by particular servers. There are 4 native french servers from what I can see and some people are having a blast playing a game that spans the world and being allowed to have that choice.

The servers complaining have every ability to win if they used their wits a bit. 4 french speaking servers and its not an option for hardcore pvp guilds to switch to just one?…Theres not enough french players? I see 4 servers representing the flag and germany are in the same boat they just get on with it though.

People complaining have options and a huge number of available players from what I see. They should work on their servers in the same manner as others have done. You mean to tell me not one person in those guilds speaks english or is capable of acting as a relay to forge something better and bridge a language barrier?

Not everyone in a guild has to speak a native language either just like other places in life one person can be used as a translator to also relay information.

This is a great game Just getting a bit tired of seeing certain people wanting a one sided battle all their own way and on thier terms. Then being allowed to troll certain guilds and people for actually making a real effort as they should be.

I see all the points made but I also see answers to the bulk of the problems certain people are complaining about in an effort to tailor the game to their advantage.

TY Anet and any civil player on any server.

(edited by Natureswarden.5102)

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

This is a non-issue. If you find that you have to be on an english speaking server to compete, then move your butt to an english speaking server to compete. Otherwise…
/shrug

If it’s such a big deal you can always be stubborn and play on your other language server and ignore official rankings and have an unofficial scoreboard for the non-ESS’s out there against each other.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

The more dedicated and wvw oriented servers in EU : Vizunah, Arborstone and Elona, will go down in the ladder, only because they can’t recruit from an international community speaking their language :/

Yeah, and that’s pretty sad, and stupid.

Not everyone in a guild has to speak a native language either just like other places in life one person can be used as a translator to also relay information.

Sure, you right, but people are scared by the english and will say : we’re on a FR servs, French only.

Well imma give you a little story, I played other MMO on international servs. You know what ? I was the ONLY french there.

A relay is a pretty good idea, but you know… When you need to change something in France it takes…. 10 yrs ….

Play and enjoy don’t lose sleep damage your own health i’m sure Arena Net didn’t design the game so people don’t sleep to play at crazy hours and damage their health all year round

Yeah sure, but they don’t want to recruit Americans, and they want to win…. => insomniacs.

Like I said, if you wanna win => NA/AUS or insomniac ways. They chose the 2nd one.

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

in WvW

Gwal.2813

This is a non-issue. If you find that you have to be on an english speaking server to compete, then move your butt to an english speaking server to compete. Otherwise…
/shrug

You don’t even play on EU ladder. :/

Not everyone speaks english you know… migrating to EU(en) server is not a solution for competitive FR, DE or ES guilds.

Furthermore, English speaking server haven’t proven to be the most competitive ones in EU (except Far Shiverpeak) until the arrival of RUIN and the comeback of Deso. And 24/7 coverage wasn’t an issue in EU until this…

Vizunah Square [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

NA has it’s fair share of non english speakers too. They seem to be doing ok.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

In a MMORPG (just like in scientific research) it helps sharing the same language. At some point in history, Latin was the official scientific language. Now, like it or not, English is the “global communication” language. Not saying it’s right or wrong, it just is. Might change in the future – who knows.

My purpose when playing a game, especially WvWing, is to have fun. Speaking English helps me reaching that purpose – but I understand why others may not feel the same.

However, when you try to limit other people’s options, imposing your opinion it’s not fair.

Et je parle francais chaque jour.

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

I don’t think an English server will make it to #1. The French fight like lions, no way to beat them. It’s no wonder the white lion on white field is the French battle flag.

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

Sure, you right, but people are scared by the english and will say : we’re on a FR servs, French only.

Well imma give you a little story, I played other MMO on international servs. You know what ? I was the ONLY french there.

A relay is a pretty good idea, but you know… When you need to change something in France it takes…. 10 yrs …

There are 4 servers that are native french 2 of which are at the top and use 2 v 1 to stay there from what I have seen this week. When they come out in force each single server does well..it merely takes the effort and the top slot should rightfully be awarded to those putting in that effort.

I have been playing games in the euro brackets for a long time and also live in the EU as a few other Ruin members do. That guild is not as large as some are making it out to be in terms of active players and actually tailored to allow casual players the chance to get on and play with a winning side without loosing sleep or being irresponsible about real life commitments.

Desolation worked as a server with many guilds not just one. They joined each otehrs TS channels and puttting some thought into the matchup. They worked as a group not one single guild. Iron put just as much effort into the match as Ruin do and every other guild liasing.

I don’t understand how 2 servers that sometimes consciously and other times through reading a map hammer one side and feel hard done by in that. To sit there also and make smug comments about being the best and 2 v 1 being a valid counter to a night cap. Then come here crying when its not asking for changes to be made so they can remain at the top. Thats what this is about really because win or loose i think the population of Desolation would be happy with just a good result this week.

Try playing against 2 servers at once its challenging but fun and most arent here complaining about it they accept it and get on with it. Why can’t others do the same and realize the huge advantage they actually have.

Because they want to win at any cost it seems to me even if it impacts others players choices in life. They have choices also. One guild of 80-100 active players shouldn’t be held responsible for 2 entire servers failing to get it together. Or change an entire game for a minority not a majority.

(edited by Natureswarden.5102)

in WvW

eiennnoai.9870

/quadruplefacepalm. Yes I even use my feet once in a while.

in WvW

Natureswarden.5102

Why would English dictate the rules of a game and also the way the winning side is going to ? Germany and France have huge communities and they’re the most dedicated one at that as we can see with nightcapping mobilization and other kind of tough organization no other server was able to do. They have more than a right to be able to compete about anything else, what they’ve been doing all those past week.

Why are you trying to put rules like “hey english NEED to be winning or this isn’t a game” ? That’s exactly how this story feels like. EU isn’t NA, and EU shouldn’t become NA, since it’s tagged EU anyway.

I agree with Romek, and other people in another similar thread. There are solutions which can keep the current configuration, why changing them ? Except if you want to remove OVER half of EU players because they’re big enough to resist your English conquista (all german, french and SP servers have high pop or more, and they’re 13/27 EU servers) ?

So you have 2 v 1 you have large night capping what exactly is your problem then? because it strikes me on the whole as biggotry or an offort to do just that. Dictate what others do in life. There were just as many french players hammering Desolation last night if not more than our side. Its either one way or another it seems to me that a minority not a majority want it all their own way.

I don’t know how much more politely to put it other than sheer arrogance. when you claim to have everything but then come here crying when it isnt working out or others use the same tactics. Seems like one rule for you and another for the rest of us.

in WvW

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Recruit NA players. You might think they might not do it, but you never know. Some people might be willing to do it for smaller queue times (due to it being off hours in europe) and a strong WvW server.

Personally, I would be VERY happy to have any french or german guilds (or any european guilds for that matter regardless of the language spoken) join Isle of Janthir. Please feel free to come on over. Remember you don’t need to have the whole guild speaking english. All it takes is a few people who know english so you can coordinate with other groups in WvW.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Europeans…always surprised when the Brits drag the Americans into the war

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

And 24/7 coverage wasn’t an issue in EU until this…

Oh but IT WAS, believe me, IT WAS.

We got massacred by VS nightcapping force 3 weeks ago when we were kicked out of T1. And we were told to deal with it. Well we did, and look at the whining now. PREEMPTIVE whining even, since you’ve not yet lost and in fact the matchup is incredibly balanced so far.

Apparently, 24/7 is only good if it happens to favor your side. Well you know how the saying goes, right? Live by the sword…

in WvW

Jaghen.8314

Of course it is, haven’t you understood how whinners everywhere work ? Including on Desolation ^^

Now this topic has gone completely elsewhere than where it intended to go… I didn’t see it as yet another topic on VS vs DS vs AS… sad.