WvW loot why so, well crap?

in WvW

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

I’m guessing this has been said before but, I’m a very casual WvW player, i mean i probably pop in for a few hours once or twice a week if i feel like it.

I’m more a PvE’er, but anyways its hard work in WvW, was going for like 2 hours straight just now, taking over stuff, fighting players, well I guess you know how WvW works.

Get back to LA and look at my loot, I thought I’d been hacked lol. It’s pitiful.

Why is the loot so bad in WvW, 2 hours in fractals I can make upto 10g in loot. 2 hours in WvW I probably made 10s ???

I hold my hands up to the hard core WvW and PvP players because you guys must love what you do!!

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If it was good, it would throw off balance. People wouldn’t be playing to win anymore. I would love to get good loot from WvW, but it’s not that simple. Think of the rammifications:

-Poor/uncooperative/deconstructive players would be queuing for WvW just because more loot is there
-People would go for kills rather than what actually matters
-You would see people “boosting” for loot. Example: Call of duty series; getting kills levels you up -you would often see people in obscure locations killing and resurrecting repeatedly in order to get more kills and therefore achievements/exp.
-People would become more animalistic and offensive because more loot is at stake – I’ve had a few people invite me to party to go apekitten at me already, and it’s only over a barb or a heavy bag

Generally, the loot being too good would make it just another farming location, and that’s a bad thing for WvW. I wouldn’t mind a slight buff because right now you get like 1 rare every day or so with everything else being spikes and barbs, but anet have to be extremely careful not to overdo it. Keep in mind that WvW players can get their exo gear through badges and the small amount of cash which they might generate.

Also, I don’t mind the loot because I play WvW because it’s (wait for it) fun, not because I’m getting shiny stuff show up to the right of my screen.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

in WvW

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

I can understand your points, and yes it is fun. Im not talking about mega rewards or masses of loot, but something better for your hard work, better rewards for team work and doing the stuff your supposed to be doing would be nice.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

If it was good, it would throw off balance. People wouldn’t be playing to win anymore.

I wouldn’t say that it would throw off balance, but yeah, players would probably resort to trading kills (not that this doesn’t happen already, just on a very limited scale).

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

It doesn’t need to be great but it could be better then it is ATM.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

if it is profitable, you just get people kill trade for loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

if it is profitable, you just get people kill trade for loot.

Kinda like players that glitch dungeons to run them faster for coin?
I’m not worried about loot drops in WvW but…
It would be nice if there was more variety of exotics to purchase with badges and it would be even better if they didn’t cost so many badges. I can get a full set of Ascalon gear in a week of dungeons, the same set in WvW would take a month.

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I started doing WvWvW a couple of weeks ago to get my 100% map completion done and have found I really enjoy it. I’ve had, on a fairly regular basis, rares drop. Last night I was wrapping up for the evening, cleaning up my bags at a vendor in Lion’s Arch and found a precursor in my bag. I won’t be complaining about RNG for a long while!

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

What they should do is reduce the costs of WvW; remove the coin/badge cost from the siege vendor, and remove gear decay on death.

I know the former sounds like a case for overabundant siege, but supply would still control the amount of siege out there, actually making supply more important to the overall pace of WvW.

And I hope we can all agree that there’s no need for gear repair costs in WvW. Being subject to death at the hands of an invisible army is justification all by itself.

Last night I was wrapping up for the evening, cleaning up my bags at a vendor in Lion’s Arch and found a precursor in my bag.

What a waste of luck; should have bought a scratch off, or even a lotto ticket. Probably could have covered the taxes on the winnings and the precursor, and still had money left over.

in WvW

Posted by: BrockMcCleery.9562

BrockMcCleery.9562

WvW will buy gems to convert to gold because PvPers are competitive and you need gold for upgrades, siege and even buying gear.

Most PvPers don’t like to PvE.

Thus crappy loot in WvW keeps em all poor so they have to buy gold.

==> Anet profits.

;)

in WvW

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

What they should do is reduce the costs of WvW; remove the coin/badge cost from the siege vendor, and remove gear decay on death.

I know the former sounds like a case for overabundant siege, but supply would still control the amount of siege out there, actually making supply more important to the overall pace of WvW.

And I hope we can all agree that there’s no need for gear repair costs in WvW. Being subject to death at the hands of an invisible army is justification all by itself.

Last night I was wrapping up for the evening, cleaning up my bags at a vendor in Lion’s Arch and found a precursor in my bag.

What a waste of luck; should have bought a scratch off, or even a lotto ticket. Probably could have covered the taxes on the winnings and the precursor, and still had money left over.

This is exactly right. What siege you can field should be determined based off of how much supply you can get together (IE more people = more siege, starved supply tactics = less seige, ect) instead of how much money your commanders can get their hands on through farming. I’m on the borderline of thinking all siege should be free, but it should at least be really cheap through badges or something.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in WvW

Posted by: prayerless.9052

prayerless.9052

I don’t mind paying for siege what is kitten is that just a few people pay for upgrades for the whole server. They need to double the supply cost for upgrades but let players bring supplies in for the upgrades so itcan be made a team event instead of for example WP in SM in EB cost 1g50s and 1 person can get stuck with the cost.

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Because its crap every where…its not just WvW…its the whole game bar dungeons..

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I make 1G on average in WvW and that can go up to 3G/hour when I raid with my guild.
I play +-12 hours WvW a day (in the vacation) and often find 15g extra in my backpack at the end.

So I am not complaining.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

There’s a ‘Sticky’ thread on the GW2 Discussion page about droprate of loot in general.

I’ve read a lot of it and the consensus is that after Nov 15- the Devs nerfed all loot tables significantly. I remember getting decent loot in Wv3 after Launch through first of November (when I took a break); but that’s not true anymore.

I don’t believe Wv3 was spared the general nerf. A lot of posts suggest that drop rate perks up after a patch… and then craps out again soon after.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Full time WvW players are like pack of hungry animals, if Anet didn’t starve us to near-death, ignore us completely for months on end like a neglected puppy in a cardboard box full of barbwire and hand out the beating to the side of said box with a big bat… just to annoy us a bit more.

We’d actually be happy

We’d be happy and not have to kill every single living thing we come across
We wouldn’t have to break everyone’s stuff just for 1s45c a hit
We’d not have the necessary level of sheer hatred to murder 1000’s of people in the space of a few hours BECAUSE THEY TOUCH OUR STUFF.

That level of desperation, hatred and an unhealthy dose of antisocial personality disorder, is what makes a wvw player.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Full time WvW players are like pack of hungry animals, if Anet didn’t starve us to near-death, ignore us completely for months on end like a neglected puppy in a cardboard box full of barbwire and hand out the beating to the side of said box with a big bat… just to annoy us a bit more.

We’d actually be happy

We’d not have the necessary level of sheer hatred to murder 1000’s of people in the space of a few hours BECAUSE THEY TOUCH OUR STUFF.

That level of desperation, hatred and an unhealthy dose of antisocial personality disorder, is what makes a wvw player.

K, you win!

Lolol

Attachments:

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

As bad as the loot is on a ‘quality of item’ basis, somehow I always come out with more money even after feeling like my repair cost and siege stuff would have sent me broke.

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

DarkElvenChic.2618 , That picture is gold.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

Lol, I love that one. Found it browsing EVE Online sites, naturally.

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

EVE generates plenty of good content. I miss EVE a little, honestly. Not enough to have that second job, again.. but yeah. Good times.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I just wish they made badges drop more frequently. I play WvW for hours at a time and come out usually with 6 – 10 badges at the end of it. Most kills = no loot bag at all. So almost at 250 badges, still not enough for 1 piece of exotic armor. /sigh

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

EVE generates plenty of good content. I miss EVE a little, honestly. Not enough to have that second job, again.. but yeah. Good times.

I miss it as well, the battles were epic. Besides, I imagine most of the tears we see on this forum could be solved by 1 month on EVE Online (sorry, had to).

That being said, GW1 was my first big foray into MMOs so I had to come back for GW2. It’s too bad sPvP can’t hold a candle to the sort of competitiveness HoH brought out in some of us.

Just for you, and sorry this is offtopic. Have one more pic.

EDIT: I just realized that pic has a word we’re not allowed to say. Here have this one instead!

Attachments:

(edited by DarkElvenChic.2618)

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I miss it as well, the battles were epic. Besides, I imagine most of the tears we see on this forum could be solved by 1 month on EVE Online (sorry, had to).

I spent three years in Eve, as an industrialist mostly (and the occasional Thrasher roam /w Caldak). So I actually agree with that – though the folks that kept suggesting to put Second Life related stuff there annoyed me no end as well (spent several years there prior to Eve – would have had a Beta account if I had joined immediately after the first Uru Shutdown).

Anyway, on topic – thankfully I’ve not been too worried about drop rates – thanks to Eve, I’ve learned to do more with less anyway, so I’m a spendthrift at times (plus I’ve been a lot more savvy about ‘using’ the TP once I got used to it). I do Dailies and saved nearly every karma jug so far (just about to hit 50 IIRC), so between that and the new Laurels is where I’ll probably get most of my end-level gear now.

Have you looked at the new Utility Infusions though? 15% Karma, 20% Gold, 20% MF are the ones in particular that got my attention. The MF one is gaining most of the rage, but I think that may be misplaced when looking at the other two (mudflation seems possible with those in place – though that seems to be happening anyway). Perhaps its just me, dunno…

[Edit] Also, I wonder if drop rate and loot quality is also balanced against what WWW Tier you’re in. Perhaps it was just a chance change in playstyle as well, but as my original server was dropping in rank, I was seeing more and more Masterwork and Rare items. That dropped dramatically again when following my guild back up the ladder. Again, it just seemed odd, and may just be me changing styles over time (if so, I need to figure out what I was doing right, heh).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Lol, so many ex-eve players. I used to be one myself(3 years) but got kinda tired of looking at space for so long and waiting an hour for 2 mins of PVP was getting boring for me. However, watching the recent Asakai system capital battle is making eve pretty tempting… man 3000 people fighting without culling??? impossible!!

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

I spent three years in Eve, as an industrialist mostly (and the occasional Thrasher roam /w Caldak). So I actually agree with that – though the folks that kept suggesting to put Second Life related stuff there annoyed me no end as well (spent several years there prior to Eve – would have had a Beta account if I had joined immediately after the first Uru Shutdown).

Anyway, on topic – thankfully I’ve not been too worried about drop rates – thanks to Eve, I’ve learned to do more with less anyway, so I’m a spendthrift at times (plus I’ve been a lot more savvy about ‘using’ the TP once I got used to it). I do Dailies and saved nearly every karma jug so far (just about to hit 50 IIRC), so between that and the new Laurels is where I’ll probably get most of my end-level gear now.

Have you looked at the new Utility Infusions though? 15% Karma, 20% Gold, 20% MF are the ones in particular that got my attention. The MF one is gaining most of the rage, but I think that may be misplaced when looking at the other two (mudflation seems possible with those in place – though that seems to be happening anyway). Perhaps its just me, dunno…

Don’t forget to use a Karma booster before drinking those jugs. They do gain the 50% buff, chug them back to back and buy karma gear. If you WvW a lot P/V/T gear is a godsend.

WvW loot isn’t actually worse than open world loot. I’ve gotten exotics off of tower lords, just like in the PvE world. Even without MF gear/buffs. Yeah it sucks compared to grinding dungeons but that’s life.

I’d rather not have a bunch of farmers in WvW anyway, what with queues to get in and all…

Here Sungak, “I can has your lewts?” EVE style.

Attachments:

(edited by DarkElvenChic.2618)

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I miss it as well, the battles were epic.

The fights are epic, the battles are slow and full of identical ships clipping into one another.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Why is the loot so bad in WvW, 2 hours in fractals I can make upto 10g in loot. 2 hours in WvW I probably made 10s ???

You just made me sad. I spend 4-5 hours a night in wvw. No wonder I find it hard to buy full exotics for my new level 80 – all the rich fractals guys are just raking in all the money.

I hold my hands up to the hard core WvW and PvP players because you guys must love what you do!!

It is awesome – as you say – the loot is the worst. Most people in WvW play for the love of the game and not the monetary rewards.

The badge of honour system is way off. It assumes that getting tokens is as easy in WvW as it is in dungeons – it most definitely is NOT.

Collecting badges is very difficult for some professions and builds.

I did CoF path 1 in 10 minutes and got 66 dungeon tokens, I do 4 hours of WvW and my best was 50 tokens.

Yet I have to pay 396 badges for rare WvW chest armor and 266 CoF tokens for the same thing. So I get less badges and pay more for my items.

The cost of buying things in WvW with badges needs to be reduced drastically.

Additionally, WvW needs to offer all of the varieties of stats on their gear (solider, knights, rampagers, carrion, etc) plus they need ascended amulets, rings, etc.

WvW players don’t need incentives like dailies, monthlies and ascended fractal grind to remain engaged – we just need our weapons, armour, XP and karma to come easily to us so we can keep playing WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

What is driving me nuts is I have seen about two dozen of those chests and they seem to have the exact same crap as the bags. I really don’t need any more spikes. Come to think of it I haven’t hit an orange since the patch and only 6 or so yellows. I have also been on a server running the out manned buff which I think should create better drops.

^^ This, exactly same/similar story … well maybe a couple more rares ~a dozen or so … but only ever heard someone ‘once’ say they got an orange. Coulda been trolling, maybe not, who knows.

In any event, the new chests seem to give green ‘something’ that will seel for 1s32c … so ya, same crappy items, different delivery mechanism.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Palmski.6419

Palmski.6419

As a casual, non-dungeon player (2-3 hours 3-4 times a week?) I have only ever had 1 exotic drop for me, and that was in WvW from a random loot bag. I probably make more when I WvW than PvE although that’s not scientific, just a gut feel. More importantly I enjoy it a hell of a lot more than hanging out in Orr, so everyone’s a winner.

[TaG] – GH

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Lol, so many ex-eve players. I used to be one myself(3 years) but got kinda tired of looking at space for so long and waiting an hour for 2 mins of PVP was getting boring for me. However, watching the recent Asakai system capital battle is making eve pretty tempting… man 3000 people fighting without culling??? impossible!!

Nice to see fellow Eve players in GW2
That fight was pretty crazy, but the delay on module activation was horrible.
Back on topic – i think the loot is ok-ish at the moment, would be nice if enemy players would drop crafting materials for example based on their level (a level 80 would drop t5-6 mats). A lot of people dont realize what a money sink wvw is for people who are involved in it day by day. Siege blueprints, upgrades, repairs, consumables and so on they all cost quite a bit of gold, and if things go bad at the end of the day you wont make back all the gold you just wasted.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in WvW

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Don’t forget to use a Karma booster before drinking those jugs. They do gain the 50% buff, chug them back to back and buy karma gear. If you WvW a lot P/V/T gear is a godsend.

WvW loot isn’t actually worse than open world loot. I’ve gotten exotics off of tower lords, just like in the PvE world. Even without MF gear/buffs. Yeah it sucks compared to grinding dungeons but that’s life.

I’d rather not have a bunch of farmers in WvW anyway, what with queues to get in and all…

Here Sungak, “I can has your lewts?” EVE style.

You’re welcome to try. :-) And with the ranking reset there’s a good chance I’ll run across you guys at some point. I’m equally comfortable in a borderlands hitting other players or other objectives, just minutes after helping a group of people I’ve never met with map completion or some other open world event. Just need more practice with tactics, and I should be in a good spot between fun and effectiveness.

I’ve read about the Karma stuff btw, and one of the reasons I’m waiting is due to the guild needing to re-upgrade from scratch after the move. I can be patient as a stone sometimes too (useful when I was flying around in an Anathema) so no worries. And thanks for the gear note; its not going to help my Guardian – he’s based on Clerics or Knights setups – but do need to properly gear my Engie since the kits are now working out better. Power’s going to be key there.

I guess my own view on the drop rate is probably skewed anyway, since I started late in October – and most of the time between then and the Nov 15 patch I was offline helping with the aftermath of Sandy. Still making a decent amount of money (for my own needs), but I am thinking hard about using ‘supplement’ buffs like food more often.

I admit I have the ability to ‘throw Gems’ at the problem (equiv to two PLEX a month, for example), but that feels like cheating in some bizzare way. Plus the point of coming here was to keep that down to a minimum in the first place. For now, I’m fine with setting long-term gearing goals – which also gives the Devs time to sort out their plans as well.

I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a

in WvW

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Back on topic – i think the loot is ok-ish at the moment, would be nice if enemy players would drop crafting materials for example based on their level (a level 80 would drop t5-6 mats). A lot of people dont realize what a money sink wvw is for people who are involved in it day by day. Siege blueprints, upgrades, repairs, consumables and so on they all cost quite a bit of gold, and if things go bad at the end of the day you wont make back all the gold you just wasted.

I suggest browsing a Laural vendor again – they offer Siege blueprints too…

Where do you view upgrades? I’ve not seen that screen (though I don’t think our guild has held a ‘hard’ objective when I was online either). I keep hearing its using Gold, which was a surprise – would have figured that was done through the Supply system instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

OP has a very good point. The gold/hour in WvW is complete kitten compared to farming CS events or even running dungeons period. Anyone who thinks they make decent gold/hour doing intense WvW zerging/karma train has no idea how lucrative PvE can be.

Putting loot directly into your bags would be a small step in the right direction, but even that would not be enough.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I make 1G on average in WvW and that can go up to 3G/hour when I raid with my guild.
I play +-12 hours WvW a day (in the vacation) and often find 15g extra in my backpack at the end.

So I am not complaining.

I don’t know anyone else who makes this much so you must be doing something very different to most other wvw players. What is the breakdown of your gold earnings?

in WvW

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

So I am not complaining.

Well then, you must be one of the luckiest dudes in WvW.

You also don’t seem to buy siege/upgrade stuff, and idk, trebbing something for 1h = few silver from succesful defence (or not even that if noone bothers to attack). Scouting = low bags also.

We also kill 500-1000 people in 3-4 hours when CTA on a good evening and well…I don’t earn 4 gold in that time. If anything, at first the lootbags are everywhere then they just dry up…you kill a zerg of 40-50 ppl and 3-4 bags…yippie, first time you kill that amount of ppl = 20 bags. So many ppl (that primarily WvW) still moan how they have no money, they even have troubles regearing /gearing new toons.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in WvW

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

I think it’s for the best that the loot in WvW is kitten. If you’re regularly wiping guilds like we do, you can pick up 20-30 bags in a 5 minute period, and I think that’s better loot than even Fractals gives you, but those zerg wipes are unpredictable, and you can go hours and hours between getting them.

This is not enough of a “guaranteed income” for the farming types, who are just obsessed with loot, and don’t actually care about winning or losing, they just want to do whatever gets them the most loot. Personally, I don’t ever want anyone running in full magic find on my battlefield, and I would hope everyone feels the same way.

It’s bad enough that they sit in the jumping puzzle all day porting their alts on their other accounts up to get the badges, taking up slots that real fighters could use, the last thing we want is people farming the sentries because it gives the best chance at a rare drop or whatever.

With the dailies focussing on ressing, dodging and veterans now, WvW has become the easiest place to get your dailies, and dailies get you cool stuff, so we have seen a huge influx of people coming on just to get their dailies and leaving. Not good for the battle, not good for our queue times. It’s bearable though.

That said, they should do a few things to make good play in WvW more rewarding without doing anything as basic as simply “boosting the loot drops”:

One example would be better stuff to spend Badges of honor on. I live in hope that we’ll see Ascended gear for sale at the badge vendor, or at least some of the juicier gear from the Karma shops.

All of the Invader’s gear is ugly, and I’ve already got a full set of exos, I don’t need more. My guild leader has got literally hundreds of siege golems, and all the other seige, it’s pointless buying any more of that, plus you can get it from the JP chest a lot quicker than spending badges on it, so badges are kind of worthless for me right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

What is driving me nuts is I have seen about two dozen of those chests and they seem to have the exact same crap as the bags. I really don’t need any more spikes. Come to think of it I haven’t hit an orange since the patch and only 6 or so yellows. I have also been on a server running the out manned buff which I think should create better drops.

Try never have gotten an orange to drop, wvw, pve, dungeons, or fractals. Tis sad indeed.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Bluescreenterror.2351

Bluescreenterror.2351

I’m guessing this has been said before but, I’m a very casual WvW player, i mean i probably pop in for a few hours once or twice a week if i feel like it.

I’m more a PvE’er, but anyways its hard work in WvW, was going for like 2 hours straight just now, taking over stuff, fighting players, well I guess you know how WvW works.

Get back to LA and look at my loot, I thought I’d been hacked lol. It’s pitiful.

10s is one upgrade by the camp for ressources and the upgrade exists like 5-10 minutes cause the enemy will take the camp…

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

We’d actually be happy

You Sir, get my vote for King!

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

well some people have a point that if loot was to good then we would probably get farmers in there. However i think the loot should be based off you lvl not the lvl of the guy you killed. In PvE when killing stuff in a low lvl zone it still drops stuff your lvl most the time.

The main problem seems to be WvW gets hit twice. first we don’t make much gold then what we do make must be used on siege and upgrades (if we don’t want to lose towers and keeps in 2 min).

So how about adding a new currency in WvW say get like 20 or what ever a kill and maybe get some for events(captures/def). Let this said currency be used for the upgrades. It could be our own little borderlands gift card. maybe just guarantee badges for kills and when upgrading have the option to use some badges or gold?

that or if you want to be vindictive change all dungeons so that a keep must be built and paid for by the dungeon runners before they can run said dungeon

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

the pack of hungry animals post is amazing and I’m dying with laughter

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

the pack of hungry animals post is amazing and I’m dying with laughter

lol ya it was great. I also loved that pic by DarkElvenChic with the kid that was about to get a beat down from the orc.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

Try never have gotten an orange to drop, wvw, pve, dungeons, or fractals. Tis sad indeed.

That is just really bad luck .. I think “on average” I get around 2 rares a day in wvw and overall since release I’ve found maybe 8 exotics in wvw. I do spend about 5 hrs there daily though… maybe that is a factor.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I got a Zap in WvW so I would not say it is bad. It is obviously not as good as running FotM but most of us run WvW because we enjoy it. It would be nice to pick up a few more rares now and then but I can deal with it. I think it also depends on how many bags you end up with at the end of the run, there are numerous nights where is will have gotten 50+ bags from PK’s. I think I usually end up with about 2-3g on guild push nights.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

I suggest browsing a Laural vendor again – they offer Siege blueprints too…

Where do you view upgrades? I’ve not seen that screen (though I don’t think our guild has held a ‘hard’ objective when I was online either). I keep hearing its using Gold, which was a surprise – would have figured that was done through the Supply system instead.

Yeah, well, I`m kinda reluctant to throw away a laurel that i get from 1 daily on a blueprint, i`d rather wait and get one of the ascended amulets or rings for it. The upgrades can be viewed at the quartermaster (its right next to where the supplies are) in any keep/tower/supply camp. Some of the upgrades are rather expensive, for example the last tier upgrades in SM (Eternal Battlegrounds) cost up to 2gold + karma (I don`t remember how much karma).
I also agree with people that are saying that jumping puzzles should be removed from the wvw maps. Certain people join wvw just to pick carrots, do the stupid jp`s or spam the team/map chat with “any mesmer in jp” type of stuff while those of us who actually want to go attack/defend/help our realm have to wait in que.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills