sPvP and WvWers: What do you think?

in WvW

Posted by: The Eclipse.9563

The Eclipse.9563

Hello, everyone. I’m a gigantic fan of WuvWuv, even at its relatively unpolished state (and I can’t wait for the March patch). However, due to a Series of Interesting Events, I am now a huge participant of sPvP. Now, I know many, many WvWers have no interest in sPvP for various, good reasons. However, I’d like to address the population that were/are like me- those that are intrigued by sPvP, but get turned off to it by the current sPvP formula (the uninformative tutorial, the sPvP forum threads, the gameplay of current sPvP 8v8 matches, etc). If you are intrigued, or just bored, I’d love to get some WuvWuv players’ feedback on my thread. It is comprised of 1) my story of my first match (coming from a heavy WvW player), and 2) a suggestion for dueling servers.

I’m quite curious if sPvP would grow if the concept of dueling servers were implemented. Just to be clear, I’m not just suggesting 1v1 modes or arenas (though they could be nice as well). I’m suggesting a server where people can congregate- dueling, of course, but also meeting others, giving/receiving/asking for advice, and chatting with fellow players in an PvP server. If there is any sPvP terminology that’s foreign to you, or need any clarification on anything, feel free to ask, and I’ll respond as soon as I can. Please, feel free to respond here as well, to keep this topic afloat!

Thank you,
The Eclipse

[P.S. – Is there any other thread I should post in? I know that I’d love PvEer’s opinions, but I don’t want to flood this forum with redundant topics.]

(edited by The Eclipse.9563)

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

I read some of the thread, will post there.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

all those Eclipses :p

on topic, i don’t give a ‘little cat’ about spvp. counterstrike in a fantasy setting, shrug, has nothing to do with MASSIVE morpg.

i like the ‘massive’ part.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

(edited by muylaetrix.2096)

in WvW

Posted by: The Eclipse.9563

The Eclipse.9563

all those Eclipses :p

on topic, i don’t give a ‘little cat’ about spvp. counterstrike in a fantasy setting, shrug, has nothing to do with MASSIVE morpg.

i like the ‘massive’ part.

muylaetrix,
Completely understand. WuvWuv is awesome. And yes…two Eclipses popping out at once O.o I actually laughed when I saw his name (great minds think alike).