wvs w is more demanding then runin 3x crysis

in WvW

Posted by: deathxform.2935

deathxform.2935

hey guyz , even after all these months since realese, with fixes culling etc etc etc i seem to not be able to enjoy w vs w cuz i must low every single graphical option , im studying informatic engenier , i play alot of new realese games and i never had to lower graphics as i did in gw2 (witcher 2aswell) even the quantity charter w vs w must be in lowest for an optimal experiance (i can put it in low but i lose some presiouse fps) only think i put on low is w vs w char quality cuz i cat play with lowest( it is so ugly)

i have 6770m with last beta drivers (from leshcat).
2630qm intel i7 2.00ghz ( it reach 2.8 with intel turbo boost)
8gb ram
1920×1600(i not 100% surebut it is not the standard laptop resulution, mine is biger)

if i cant get a proprly w vs w experience i guess then most ppl with laptop cant have too cuz i dont know many ppl with a laptop better then mine

in pve i can run game smooth with good graphics but w vs w seems to be impossible to handle on very high graphic even for the best computer atm in the world

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Yep, WvW is a different animal.

Picture this, a 40 on 40 mass of players attack one another. Each character has different animations and are spamming abilities left and right, during this chaos your poor little CPU is required to take all this information and distribute it on your end, all in real time.

I upgraded my cpu, motherboard, memory recently and it’s made a huge difference in zerg battles. Had my first real stress test over the weekend when a huge mass of players met in SM, I watched as the majority of the opposing mass of players literally stood still (no doubt lagging and struggling with their <10 fps) while I was able to rush right past them, ;D

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

playing games on laptop is never a good experience, let alone on a 128-bit graphic card…

playing gw2, even more so in WvW, your laptop will get hot pretty fast, and the 128-bit graphic card is very limiting factor indeed…..

get a proper gaming desktop PC, and at least 256-bit graphic card for a great GW2 gaming experience…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

WvW in GW2 is CPU intensive. Much more so than other games. To run WvW in higher setting requires an intel I7. I had to build a brand new system to really run this on high.

If you’ve been playing this long already, wait on buying anything for now. The new intel Haswell line will be out next month.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

WvW in GW2 is CPU intensive. Much more so than other games. To run WvW in higher setting requires an intel I7. I had to build a brand new system to really run this on high.

If you’ve been playing this long already, wait on buying anything for now. The new intel Haswell line will be out next month.

I dont think a possible 10% increase in performance is worth building/buying a whole new pc with the latest chip. Laptops have always been inferior to pc for gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

w vs w seems to be impossible to handle on very high graphic even for the best computer atm in the world

So because your “2.80ghz i7 2630qm / 6770m” laptop can’t run it, it means “the best computer in the world can’t”.

Meanwhile my 5.00ghz i5 2500k / GTX 680 runs WvW with all settings on max at 5820×1080 just fine, and it’s not the “best computer in the world”

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I’m kind of piling on at this point, but OP: your computer is not very good.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

w vs w seems to be impossible to handle on very high graphic even for the best computer atm in the world

So because your “2.80ghz i7 2630qm / 6770m” laptop can’t run it, it means “the best computer in the world can’t”.

Meanwhile my 5.00ghz i5 2500k / GTX 680 runs WvW with all settings on max at 5820×1080 just fine, and it’s not the “best computer in the world”

Whats your vCore?

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Whats your vCore?

1.4v

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

i7 4ghz, 460 × 2 SLI, 8gb ram, fiber optics internet connection and I still get bad FPS drops.

The point the OP is making is right. If one can play crysis 3 at high fps then I should be able to run gw2 in wvw

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Take a upper mid graphics card or better to run wvw on high setting. Same with CPU. Best graphics card is useless if CPU is bottle necked

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

afaik, GW2 have not properly support multi-GPU system…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

Get a new computer?
Mine is great for WvW, max graphics runs WvW zerg v zerg at like 90 FPS… only 900$

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Yeah, but why buy a new Computer for one game?

I’ve been thinking about it though tbh as I still have a 2,3 ghz quad core, 4mb ram and a ATI Radeon 7800. But like said, buying a new PC just for W3 isn’t really worth it .. and upgrading wouldn’t make sense neither. Apart from that W3 is quite playable 80% of the time (calling 15-20 fps playable) so it’s not worth it for me yet.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Build your own, much cheaper.

Pre built ones are garbage.

in WvW

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Whats your vCore?

1.4v

Fairly impressive, you must have lucked out on that chip, most people are at least .05 to .1v higher than that to get in the 5GHz range. Tried higher or not willing to push the voltage anymore?

Get a new computer?
Mine is great for WvW, max graphics runs WvW zerg v zerg at like 90 FPS… only 900$

Very, very doubtful.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Build your own, much cheaper.

Pre built ones are garbage.

That’s still buying it and still costs enough if the purchase is meant to be worth it.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Get a new computer?

Very, very doubtful.

Maybe he plays on the computers at CERN

Oh, wait…he said it only cost $900. Yeah, I find this to be highly unlikely.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Get a new computer?

Very, very doubtful.

I find it doubtful if he meant $9,000. We know right now that the problem is limited to much by CPU utilization, not taking advantage of all cores and as such being limited by a single game thread and which ever core it’s running on. Now if he said over all I might believe it, but he claimed WvW ZvZ, and that I just have to call BS on.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Get a new computer?

Very, very doubtful.

I find it doubtful if he meant $9,000. We know right now that the problem is limited to much by CPU utilization, not taking advantage of all cores and as such being limited by a single game thread and which ever core it’s running on. Now if he said over all I might believe it, but he claimed WvW ZvZ, and that I just have to call BS on.

Can you confirm is the game is running on just 1 thread per core and not 2/per core? If so, that would be a real problem.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I run GW2 @ 40-50 FPS on high settings, which is good enough imo, on my laptop.

Have you tried cleaning out your fan? It can help immensely. Overheating is disastrous to your computer and your FPS.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

Get a new computer?

Very, very doubtful.

Can you confirm is the game is running on just 1 thread per core and not 2/per core? If so, that would be a real problem.

It is not threads of the CPU, but threads of the game, if you look in PE (or whatever program you like for the task) you will notice a single thread from the game that has much higher CPU usage than the others, this is often the bottleneck holding everything else back, the CPU it self will not show high usage in many cases on 4+ core CPU’s because it’s that one thread from the game that is maxing out a single thread on the CPU, while the OS might move it from core to core or thread to thread, it will never be able to use up more cycles than a single thread can provide. If that process of data is a single thread from the game it does not matter how many threads/cores the CPU has, as it does not have the power to make that thread of the game any more parallel. So you end up with CPU usage at 50% and GPU usage at 30%, it looks confusing to many people because in most cases today you run into maxed CPU usage or GPU usage and it’s easy to see the bottleneck. However, that is not the case with programs or games that don’t scale very well (or at all) on extra cores.

I run GW2 @ 40-50 FPS on high settings, which is good enough imo, on my laptop.

Have you tried cleaning out your fan? It can help immensely. Overheating is disastrous to your computer and your FPS.

I play GW2 at 117-90FPS, however, in WvW with large player count that will drop to 30’s in a heartbeat, which is what the OP is talking about.

(edited by TinkTinkPOOF.9201)

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I have a fx8150 8 core and gw2 never makes any of my cores go to 100%. I have played rift which does max out a single core and makes my gpu drop to around 50%. Idk if its just my processor handles gw2 well or what but my bottle neck is definitely in my gpu. 7850 graphics card at 25% oc

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Picture this, a 40 on 40 mass of players attack one another. Each character has different animations and are spamming abilities left and right, during this chaos your poor little CPU is required to take all this information and distribute it on your end, all in real time.

Picture this, a 100v100 fight with smooth animations and mostly lag fee. Also, no server lag to speak of either screwing things up. Picture that and go back in time close to a decade to see it in action.

People really need to stop making excuses for gaming companies that can’t even manage to get a game working smoothly with modern technology, when games a decade ago managed it on the hardware available then.

Bad coding and poor design is the problem. Not some of these rigs people are posting.

in WvW

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I have a fx8150 8 core and gw2 never makes any of my cores go to 100%. I have played rift which does max out a single core and makes my gpu drop to around 50%. Idk if its just my processor handles gw2 well or what but my bottle neck is definitely in my gpu. 7850 graphics card at 25% oc

Rift is single threaded game as such the thread and core it runs on will be maxed out assuming a GPU that can make use of it. There are mods that can be done to allow the game to run on other cores but it is still single threaded and so you go from having one core/thread at 100% to having all cores at 20% or so. This is the same problem with GW2, while the game runs more than a single thread and on more than one core, it does not scale well and is not parallel enough to make use of it, as such, that one thread that eats up enough cycles limits everything else, and since it is a single thread the OS can not make it magically use more cycles of other thread on the CPU.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Either way, build or buy, wait til Haswell. Besides the increased performance, it’s worth it on many other levels. It should also make the price of existing items drop on sale too!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

Get a new computer?

Very, very doubtful.

It sounds unlikley, but it was custom built from a shop that is run by foreign people.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.