wvw season 1 ending. Reset tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Q:

Lets just end this call Jade Quarry season 1 champs and just reset. Move all tiers greens,reds and blues in to first round matchups and let chips fall where they may and suspend all transfers for a month.

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

A:

I’m not advocating resetting the ratings, however, I will say that current matchups aren’t that close. Besides T8 or maybe T2 there isn’t another competitive matchup. If incentives to play WvW for its intended purpose aren’t improved then WvW could fall apart in that people will not care about the weekly battle and just do their own thing. I am actually starting to experience that in my current tier. This is the best recipe for the WvW to fail IMO. This mentallity will not promote population growth b/c you will not get new people in WvW and keep them there.

Resetting the scores will cause a massive reorganizing to the ranks and yes, will cause a lot of blowouts, however, we are seeing this now. Our problems are way beyond a rating system. For instance, most if not all NA servers are now high populated but why is WvW so skewed? This to me is b/c each server is not getting their PvE players to play WvW. I know….I know….you snarl at the thought of PvE players in WvW but until the population gets a little better balanced it doesn’t matter what rating system you put in place. This is not arena fighting PvP but “three huge teams —each representing a server, or world—battle for control over objectives” (Anet’s words) and if there isn’t incentive to play as intended we are all fighting a losing battle which will result in WvG or World versus Ghosttown. Incentives are the key to salvaging and balancing WvW play and not just resetting the score.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

I wouldnt mind getting a randomly shuffled matchup. Tiers get stale when theres no movement. Would totally find it cool to fight different guilds/servers for a bit.

Transfers: Dont suspend them, no point to punish the PvE populations.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Transfers: Dont suspend them, no point to punish the PvE populations.

Not that I’m advocating the OP’s idea, but PvE can guest anywhere they want.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

So basically you want to throw out the tier balance it took us 8 months to sort out, so that we can have a month or two of matches being totally wasted on blowouts?

seems like the perfect recipe to make sure most players quit.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

itt: op gets rebuked and trolled until the answer hes looking for pops up and he lists it 2nd in a pathetic attempt to force a confirmation bias.

no.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

So basically you want to throw out the tier balance it took us 8 months to sort out, so that we can have a month or two of matches being totally wasted on blowouts?

This^^^^

What makes anyone think it would be any different if everything was reset. All this would do is make for ridiculous blowouts for months. I for one would quite possibly quit if they did a full reset. We are finally settling into some fun even matches and OP want to screw it up.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

What if BG and SoR ganged up on JQ? See my umpteen million posts on the subject.

If there’s one tier where this would work the best it is the top tier. Not having to worry about dropping down since you’re so far ahead anyway. And if you ganged up on JQ, you’re scores would be higher anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

BG and SoR just need to gang up on JQ. See my umpteen million posts on the subject.

If there’s one tier where this would work the best it is the top tier. Not having to worry about dropping down since you’re so far ahead anyway. And if you ganged up on JQ, you’re scores would be higher anyway.

BG is too busy trying to find another server to transfer off to stack on, and SoR hates BG so much I don’t even think they know JQ exists.

Kidding of course, mostly

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

If they were ever dead set on reseting the tiers then reset them every couple of tiers:

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

Or just bring down NSP and HoD to tier 8 so i can fight them again…they were fun. Had solo roamers, small group roaming, the zergs werent all that big, was nice.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

If they were ever dead set on reseting the tiers then reset them every couple of tiers:

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

Or just bring down NSP and HoD to tier 8 so i can fight them again…they were fun. Had solo roamers, small group roaming, the zergs werent all that big, was nice.

I like this idea. Maybe they could do 1 week a month that is “Jumble Week” where the tiers you have laid out there get randomly placed. You could even make it not affect the ratings, or have a 50% of normal affect on the ratings. Just mix it up some, it’s not a bad idea really!

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

This would be so boring. We would have blowouts for weeks. Why is it that people think magically that the tiers will be any different than they are now if they are reset. Top tier servers will still dominate a lower tier server.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

I like this idea. Maybe they could do 1 week a month that is “Jumble Week” where the tiers you have laid out there get randomly placed. You could even make it not affect the ratings, or have a 50% of normal affect on the ratings. Just mix it up some, it’s not a bad idea really!

Lol, you guys are living in lala land;)

I week a month no one would play because putting JQ in with T2 servers would be a joke and boring.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

I week a month no one would play because putting JQ in with T2 servers would be a joke and boring.

I think you overestimate JQ and underestimate servers getting a chance to fight the top dog. Yea I can see JQ winning 90% of the time, but I still don’t think it would be an absolute monkey stomp if you kept it to t1-2.

in WvW

Asglarek.8976

You do know wvw is going to get reset eventually it was from the get go meant to be played seasonally with a world champions declared and since I dont see anyone even close to the medal count jq has why not do it now and as far as matchups all I see are blowouts aside from the bandaid fux un t7.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

JQ stomps both t1 servers every week

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

What gives you the impression that t2 servers would have any chance?

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

This would be so boring. We would have blowouts for weeks. Why is it that people think magically that the tiers will be any different than they are now if they are reset. Top tier servers will still dominate a lower tier server.

^this^

It is simply idiotic to think that a full reset would fix anything. We’d simply have ridiculous blowouts in all tiers before ending up back where we are now anyway. WTF is with some people?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

JQ stomps both t1 servers every week

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

What gives you the impression that t2 servers would have any chance?

Well if they are already stomping every week, let them stomp others too just to mix it up. I’m sure BG or SoR would like to play against someone else every once in a while. And honestly I would get bored winning every week on JQ to the same 2 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

it was from the get go meant to be played seasonally with a world champions declared and since I dont see anyone even close to the medal count jq has why not do it now and as far as matchups all I see are blowouts aside from the bandaid fux un t7.

Newsflash: there’s world beyond NA.

According to your medals from http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/histories actually Vizunah Square is better than Jade Quarry. Yet… they were dethroned by SFR, to a degree. JQ may still be overthrown.

@down: i love how players talk about global stuff of the game, like weekly WvW resets or resetting the whole ladder, based solely on their database’s current situation. Somehow it happens much more often with the NA players.

(edited by drkn.3429)

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

it was from the get go meant to be played seasonally with a world champions declared and since I dont see anyone even close to the medal count jq has why not do it now and as far as matchups all I see are blowouts aside from the bandaid fux un t7.

lolwut?

in WvW

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Lots of people already give up with their server starts falling behind. Such a reset would give too many players a reason to not even try, to begin with.

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I posted this in another thread about WvW concerns:

I respectfully, ok as respectful as I ever get since I hate being all serious like, disagree because there are no valid concerns.

Zerg balls. Tactics. 2 on 1s. Transfers. Moving up or down Tiers. Time coverage. WvW/PvP vs the PvE pops on the servers. These are not valid concerns. These are, my opinion, excuses used by a very vocal minority on the forum. So what?

So what? Play! Try! Accept the results. What happens will happen. Seriously, spank your inner moppet or whatever your ego needs, preferably in private, and just play.

Did an entire generation of players never learn to enjoy competition? I don’t remember all this “hax, cheats, glitches, how can we skip this, this isn’t fair, this isn’t balanced, why is this in the game” talk 10 years ago. Sometimes you make mistakes, sometimes you flat out lose, and badly at that. Learn, improve, and move on.

Wishing you all raindrops on roses or napalm on charr, whichever you prefer. I’m going back to silly.

“It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”
——-
Deal with it and move on, instead of wanting a do over, an ending, a restart, whatever you try calling it.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

According to your medals from http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/histories actually Vizunah Square is better than Jade Quarry.

And yet VZ and JQ play in entirely different brackets, with entirely different players. How could you possibly make the claim that the NA #1 is worse than the EU #1 when they have never been directly compared?

ofc, WvW is all about coverage anyway, so making a blanket statement about one server being superior to another really only boils down to raw number of players at any time.

[IX]

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Read my post again.
VZ, despite having more grand total medals, actually started losing to another server. Just man up, NA t1, and beat JQ rather than call for resets, and naming JQ the ‘world champion’ (yes, i was directly answering to the quoted piece of opinion introduced at the beginning of my previous post).

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I love how players talk about global stuff of the game, like weekly WvW resets or resetting the whole ladder, based solely on their database’s current situation. Somehow it happens much more often with the NA players.

LOL. You probably really mean USA players, and rightfully so. Keep in mind that we came dangerously close to electing someone to national office who couldn’t find Germany on a map.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Tier 1+2 jumble
tier 3+4 jumble
tier 5+6 jumble
tier 7+8 jumble

I think you overestimate JQ and underestimate servers getting a chance to fight the top dog. Yea I can see JQ winning 90% of the time, but I still don’t think it would be an absolute monkey stomp if you kept it to t1-2.

How many servers can boast 24/7 coverage ?

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I love how players talk about global stuff of the game, like weekly WvW resets or resetting the whole ladder, based solely on their database’s current situation. Somehow it happens much more often with the NA players.

LOL. You probably really mean USA players, and rightfully so. Keep in mind that we came dangerously close to electing someone to national office who couldn’t find Germany on a map.

And then we elected a guy who can’t do math!!

But seriously, the tiers mean something. SBI is in tier 4 now, the server that has dropped down from tier 3 always wins the match. The reason is they have more people around the clock during the week…that’s the reason they were in tier 3 to begin with. If SBI were to drop down to tier 5 we’d dominate the match, we shouldn’t be there because we have the population of a tier 4 server.

Tier rankings aren’t based on performance, they’re based on population. The sooner you people realize this the sooner we can stop wasting time on these reset threads.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You do know wvw is going to get reset eventually it was from the get go meant to be played seasonally with a world champions declared

No I do not know that, as I have never seen a statement from Anet mentioning it. What led you to believe this was the case?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Asglarek.8976

According to your medals from http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/histories actually Vizunah Square is better than Jade Quarry. Yet… they were dethroned by SFR, to a degree. JQ may still be overthrown.

@down: i love how players talk about global stuff of the game, like weekly WvW resets or resetting the whole ladder, based solely on their database’s current situation. Somehow it happens much more often with the NA players.

I guess it comes from the centuries of kicking the crowns butt both militarily and economically then bailing you out in 2 world wars then defending western europe from the USSR for decades while western europe socialized all the while never once being thanked kind of like an ungrateful wife or grlfriend so please forgive us yanks of our arrogance but its not unfounded.

Back on subject. Presumed everyone concerned would understand there would be 2 champions hence the plural in champions and knowing there were eu and na brackets.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Lots of people already give up with their server starts falling behind. Such a reset would give too many players a reason to not even try, to begin with.

Some do unfortunately, I don’t get why. On TC we were down by over 10k 2 days ago, we did not give up and we are now winning by at least that now.

What needs to happen is some way to get some server pride into people. Win for the sake of winning because it is fun. Does no one play organized sports anymore? Do you win for a prize? no you win for the sake of competition and winning.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

I guess it comes from the centuries of kicking the crowns butt both militarily and economically then bailing you out in 2 world wars then defending western europe from the USSR for decades while western europe socialized all the while never once being thanked kind of like an ungrateful wife or grlfriend so please forgive us yanks of our arrogance but its not unfounded.

Back on subject. Presumed everyone concerned would understand there would be 2 champions hence the plural in champions and knowing there were eu and na brackets.

Did you graduate from a university? Do you have a college degree? Please name the degree you achieved?

You are shamefully arrogant. Not funny. So lets shame train you.

The American colonial military never found success alone in the field against the British. Lucky for them they were rescued from defeat by: Native Americans, French military personnel + supplies, slaves, and women. Make sure to say thank you next time.

The British currency is still worth more than the American dollar.

The French and British successfully fought WWI to a stalemate with the loss of millions of lives for years before the Americans decided they had an interest. Why don’t you take a look at the deaths inflicted and received during the American contribution. Its small.

“U.S. intervention in the war, as well as the Wilson administration itself, became deeply unpopular. This was reflected in the U.S. Senate’s rejection of the Versailles Treaty and membership in the League of Nations. In the interwar era, a consensus arose that U.S. intervention had been a mistake, and the Congress passed laws in an attempt to preserve U.S. neutrality in any future conflict. Polls taken in 1937 and the opening months of World War II established that nearly 60% regarded intervention in WWI as a mistake, with only 28% opposing that view.”

Americans had no interest in “saving” anyone. They opposed the war and their contribution was small. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I

WWII? America did not fight alone. Are you aware of that? The military personnel contributing in WWII included countries from all over the world. If you stack up the numbers Russia contributed more guts and blood in WWII than anyone else.

After WWII America attempted pre-eminence and threatened much of the world with war and invasion. They did not support Europe militarily by themselves. That duty was shared equally by multiple countries. America was not capable of doing it alone.

Take a close look at your American military interventions:
http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions. html (remove the space)

European countries certainly did socialize their political policies successfully. How much does health care cost in European countries? How much does a college education cost in a European country? How large are their militaries? How much national debt do these countries have? Do you know where to find these numbers? No, you don’t.

Your misogynic comments fit right in with the mind numbing vitriol.

All Americans do not think like you.

Shame on you.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

(edited by problematic.9623)

in WvW

Aeonblade.8709

Did you graduate from a university? Do you have a college degree? Please name the degree you achieved?

You are shamefully arrogant. Not funny. So lets shame train you.

The American colonial military never found success alone in the field against the British. Lucky for them they were rescued from defeat by: Native Americans, French military personnel + supplies, slaves, and women. Make sure to say thank you next time.

The British currency is still worth more than the American dollar.

The French and British successfully fought WWI to a stalemate with the loss of millions of lives for years before the Americans decided they had an interest. Why don’t you take a look at the deaths inflicted and received during the American contribution. Its small.

“U.S. intervention in the war, as well as the Wilson administration itself, became deeply unpopular. This was reflected in the U.S. Senate’s rejection of the Versailles Treaty and membership in the League of Nations. In the interwar era, a consensus arose that U.S. intervention had been a mistake, and the Congress passed laws in an attempt to preserve U.S. neutrality in any future conflict. Polls taken in 1937 and the opening months of World War II established that nearly 60% regarded intervention in WWI as a mistake, with only 28% opposing that view.”

Americans had no interest in “saving” anyone. They opposed the war and their contribution was small. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I

WWII? America did not fight alone. Are you aware of that? The military personnel contributing in WWII included countries from all over the world. If you stack up the numbers Russia contributed more guts and blood in WWII than anyone else.

After WWII America attempted pre-eminence and threatened much of the world with war and invasion. They did not support Europe militarily by themselves. That duty was shared equally by multiple countries. America was not capable of doing it alone.

Take a close look at your American military interventions:
http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventionkittenml

European countries certainly did socialize their political policies successfully. How much does health care cost in European countries? How much does a college education cost in a European country? How large are their militaries? How much national debt do these countries have? Do you know where to find these numbers? No, you don’t.

Your misogynic comments fit right in with the mind numbing vitriol.

All Americans do not think like you.

Shame on you.

ROFL that was one the longest but best troll posts I have seen. Good job sir

in WvW

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

…and a potentially interesting topic gets derailed.

I do think some of the match-ups can get stale, but IMO it’s a fair trade off for lessening the chance of blow-outs. I don’t think a full reset will help any, but I could see a system where if a server is top of their tier for x weeks and the next tier up is bottom for x weeks there could be some way to switch them.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

It would be 3 weeks of beatings and hard feelings till it all came out just like it is now. Why exactly would you want this, and what would it accomplish?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]