Asura are arrogant? Humble I say, compared to

in Asura

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

… the Kodan.

Sure asura are often eccentric and extrovert, carried away with their ideas and some with their superiority.

But the Kodan – these guys come across as humble with their peaceful Zen-like philosophies, but deep down lies a belief that they are simply better than everything else.

At least you know what you’re getting with an asura, and their genius is well justified.

No idea what prompted me to type this, just thought it worth posting!

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Actually, the Kodan believe themselves to be above personal conflict. They solve their problems by working together, with each person of the tribe fulfilling his/her duty. They are close to being one with Koda and are highly religious. They also consider balance to be of utmost importance.

in Asura

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i agree… i think its more because arrogant asura are also arrogant to other asura… kodan are like a collective arrogance

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Asura

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Actually, the Kodan believe themselves to be above personal conflict. They solve their problems by working together, with each person of the tribe fulfilling his/her duty. They are close to being one with Koda and are highly religious. They also consider balance to be of utmost importance.

Yeah, maybe I’m being too critical of them but the stick asura usually get is sometimes uncalled for.

I do recall one npc dialog in one of the Sanctuaries about being reborn and something like they would naturally be reborn as a Kodan because they are a higher form of life or something…

And then all the “you are not worthy to learn about balance” and such stuff.

They’re not bad though.

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Kodan are also very tall, and tall = bookah.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Asura

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Actually bookah is tall, noisy and dumb. Kodan are tall, but they are not noisy and it’s arguable to their level of intelligence. But they are definitely smarter than Charr, Human and Norn.

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Actually bookah is tall, noisy and dumb. Kodan are tall, but they are not noisy and it’s arguable to their level of intelligence.

Still not as an Asura though.

So I say 2 out of 3 = bookah.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Asura

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I’m pretty sure a Kodan wouldn’t use you as a Guinea Pig to see what happens with any given experiment. Kodan philosophy is more let sleepy dogs lay, and Asura are more “I wanna see what happens when I wallop that drake with my Arcane Lightning Rod.”

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Actually; there’s one Kodan in Frostgorge who if you speak to them about their beliefs demonstrates just how dangerously zealous they are. They basiclly go on to describe how the dredge with all their noisy inharmonious machines and dirty oil are an affront to the natural order and must die for it.

Which, doesn’t really bode well for them integrating with the Charr, Asura or pact forces if their view on technology borders on luddism

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There’s another Kodan in Snowden Drifts near Lost Child’s Waypoint who also has some very cutting remarks for you if you’re a Charr.