Asura flamethrower issue

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Maybe this is some quirk that only happens in certain situations – I deleted my asura engineer not long after discovering it. But it is to my experience that when running forward and using the flamethrower’s basic attack, asura characters point the weapon directly into the ground and you can only see a little bit of the flames. A pretty specific, minute issue I guess, but a bummer nonetheless, especially seeing as half the reason to use the flamethrower is because spraying fire all over the place looks and feels great.

I wanted to play an asura engineer but this one little thing actually completely turned me away from it so I ended up going boring human. Too late for me to reroll now, but a fix may save others some grief!

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

i was more disappointed that asura engineering stuff remained steam punky and didnt reflect the race at all. I suppose it was to much to hope for but…the asura are pretty specific technology wise…it feels odd to play an asura using something looks more charr inspired.

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: Angryparasite.6059

Angryparasite.6059

Why have I not EVER had this problem?

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: sayyadina.3640

sayyadina.3640

As a flame thrower toting Asura Engineer, I have this problem all the time

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: echofoxtrot.4239

echofoxtrot.4239

i was more disappointed that asura engineering stuff remained steam punky and didnt reflect the race at all. I suppose it was to much to hope for but…the asura are pretty specific technology wise…it feels odd to play an asura using something looks more charr inspired.

this is exactly the reason I didn’t continue from the BWEs to launch as an engineer. I wanted to play asura, but the rusty, creaky metal of the turrets and packs threw me off. which is weird, because I’m a huge steampunk fan, just not when it’s juxtaposed onto a technologically superior race like the asura.

Asura flamethrower issue

in Asura

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

perhaps we will see some advanced technology in the future, it’d be a waste to see “special weapons” with FULL skillbar only used in subquests… remember those weapons distributed by asura NPCs? It’d be very cool to have such kits at disposal.