Hey Asura! (A Charr Thread of Insults)

in Asura

Posted by: Agent Clubbers.8562

Agent Clubbers.8562

Imagine a world….where asura are bigger than Charr. Haha, I have invented the Charrminiaturinator.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: thewamba.5203

thewamba.5203

reading op’s bwaharharhars after long enough made me actually lol

its 1am.

in Asura

Posted by: Percius.5741

Percius.5741

Hey! Asurans are no match for you dumb heads. I’ve never seen you guys have “superior intelligence” All you Charrs do is kill kill kill. I wonder how small the charr brain is. Because all you guys get from war is brain and body damage. Oh and next time don’t judge a book by it’s cover cause i’ve beaten PLENTY of char with my asura. We may be small, BUT WE KICK YO BUTT.

in Asura

Posted by: Percius.5741

Percius.5741

My only question about this is how is a charr on the forums? They don’t have that kind of technology do they? Oh wait, I forgot they use OUR technology.

Also look at that piece of metal. You call that a cannon? maybe we need to teach you a thing or two about building weaponry.

Ouch. Was that a stab in the chest? Oooooh, Gotta move quicker you lost your leg. You’re just too slow kitty!

Hey! Why did the Charr fail to get into a krewe? Cause he was too stupid! DUH! Well you probably wouldn’t understand. You’re just too stupid.

in Asura

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

My only question about this is how is a charr on the forums? They don’t have that kind of technology do they? Oh wait, I forgot they use OUR technology.

Also look at that piece of metal. You call that a cannon? maybe we need to teach you a thing or two about building weaponry.

Ouch. Was that a stab in the chest? Oooooh, Gotta move quicker you lost your leg. You’re just too slow kitty!

Hey! Why did the Charr fail to get into a krewe? Cause he was too stupid! DUH! Well you probably wouldn’t understand. You’re just too stupid.

It’s a real quandary as to how the beast is using this console.

It implies that it is literate.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Asura

Get three Asura together and you’ll get four opinions.

Well, of course. The stupid Charr is going to try to weigh in as to how he feels about being injected with Brand crystals. He doesn’t yet understand that he is making a sacrifice for the greater good of science. Or that the sheet he signed gave his consent to it. Or what the sheet said, because Charr are illiterate animals that think only of alcohol, sustenance, mating and killing.

Followed by screaming, and screaming, and screaming…

And new data is collected.

The three Asura walk away to get a drink while the security golems destroy the test subject.

in Asura

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Get three Asura together and you’ll get four opinions.

Now that’s really insulting -.- . What do you hairy thing think we are? We are not narrowminded Charr. If you get three Asura together I’d expect to get at least ten opinions.

in Asura

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

As a Sylvari I must side with the Charr on one strong and vital point, which the Asurans are sadly lacking. The Charr may have machines that breathe smoke and fire, but they are ever vigilant of preserving their land, ensuring its use for many future generations. Their machines are not only for war. Nothing goes to waste – their junk yards recycle and reuse their metal, instead of tearing more resources from the land. This eco-friendly stance will provide a long lasting growth, within a land that is already parched and dry.

However, you Asurans are careless. When your toxic alchemical experiments go awry, it poison the land. I have seen rifts that transport confused creatures into other lands. And who knows the long-term effects of your dire mistakes? You are not at all content to clean up after your own messes. All things have a right to grow, and that includes your ‘test subjects’ whom I hear you experiment on with little concern for their welfare.

in Asura

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

AS A SKRITT I MUS SIDE WITH ASURA ON STRONG AND SHINY POINT WHICH IS THAT CHARS ARE NOT SHINY ENOUF

ASURA SHINYS ARE SHINYER AND DO NOT EXPLODE OR POKE OUT EYES ALL THE TIME ONLY SOME OF THE TIMES

ALSO CHARS ARE TOO TALL TO PULL EARS BUT ASURA ARE JUST RIGHT

IN CONCLUSION CHARS SHOULD BE SHINYER ANET PLEASE FIX

in Asura

As a Sylvari I must side with the Charr

You are a perfect example why we can’t trust the walking celery with anything in our society. You and that “Scarlet” character, though I suspect that much of her exploits are fabricated.

A). Listen well, bookah. The sludge itself is animate outside of the Black Citadel. The elementals of the area have become so tainted and perverted by Charr pollution that they have gained sapience and wander about slaughtering civilians and animals, absorbing their bodies into the crude muck. The Ooze of Metrica is animate, but it is pure, disconnected and beautiful. It is a monument to the grace of the Eternal Alchemy and is often used as art in of itself, sculpted into different forms using technology you would never be able to fathom. Living in the Black Citadel is quite literally dangerous to your health, and it has nothing to do with the local barbarians. The air is clogged and choked with pollution spewed from metalworks and factories— The only reason we don’t see an exponentially greater amount of Charr lung cancer patients is because eighty percent of the Charr will die in combat before they reach their thirtieth year of existence, only the cowards and bureaucrats continuing their society’s exploitation of the natural world living any further.

B), We have no intention to destroy our lands and, if you would take a short walk through Metrica, you would find that we have not. Metrica is largely untamed and untouched by Asura development, while the brutish Charr have all but butchered and gutted their lands for ore and oil in pursuit of their endless conquests. Charr lands are scarred with strip mines, craters and charred fields that once could’ve supported life, but now feed only the vermin and vultures. Between the pollution in the air, water and soil, life has to be hardy just to survive in Charr land.

It is also unsurprising for one of your intellect, but you mistake the agenda of the Inquest for the agenda of the Asura.

C), Their junk yards comprise any and all metal the Charr aren’t using, put there to rust or find reuse. It sounds wonderful on paper, the recycling does. But it is recycled far less than you would think. It ended up in a junk yard for a reason, you know. The contents are generally scrap deemed unfit for war machines, this coming from the Charr, who use the trashiest of materials to make combat-ready gear. Metal unfit for war machines of the Charr is next to unusable in general.

Only the lowliest of gladium can be found rummaging through a junk yard or managing it. The oils and other biproducts of these discarded supplies often sink through the floor plates, into the ground and right into the already horribly corrupted water table. Why do you think the Charr are so fond of their whiskey? Because whiskey is better than water in that underdeveloped part of the world. Drinking from a pond in Ascalon is just as likely to hurt you as drinking a bottle of motor oil.

D) Ugh. Your stupidity just went from ‘cute’ to ‘infuriatingly insolent’. You’ve never and, thank the Alchemy, will never participate in our experiments. You’d just mess something up if you tried, so don’t try to talk about it as though you know anything about the subject.

If you’re trying to reference Thaumanova, you’re blaming the wrong entity. That was the Inquest. They built a Dragon-powered reactor and then it went critical. Blaming us for their overwhelming incompetence is like blaming you for the overflowing sadism of the Nightmare Court.

I know the C.L.E.A.N Krewe personally. I almost worked with them, in fact. You see, another flaw in your argument is that it is completely uninformed. That krewe has little to gain from cleaning up the Inquest’s messes, but here it is trying to perform the exact duties you falsely claim we shirk.

E), Again, that’s the Inquest you’re thinking of. I’d rather get test subjects through legal means, it leaves fewer questions unanswered and keeps my reputation as an esteemed genius polished. If I start to look too bad, the committee might consider me for Arcane Council, which would be absolutely terrible. I’d have no time at all to get anything done, my title as a lab genius would become a shallow formality.

In short, you’ve obviously never set foot in the Fields of Ruin or the Plains of Ashford. You’ve never choked on the smog of the Charr around and within the Black Citadel, and you’ve never seen the wonders our research has wrought. You have every opportunity to know and see these things for yourself, but you don’t.

Want to know why? I can tell you right now based upon my observations of your brothers and sisters of inferiority.

You are Sylvari. You are flora, of infinitely minute intellect. We, the Asura, are fauna of the highest quality, the very quintessence of the Eternal Alchemy. We personify genius, a shining star that you may admire from a distance, but never touch.

in Asura

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

So why don’t we see the charr mega laser?

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

So why don’t we see the charr mega laser?

To be honest, I would think that the Charr would be more inclined to build a MegaCannon, than a MegaLaser. Make the entire top half of the Black Citadel rotate and place a huge gun emplacement on it. The range would be measured in territories. I wouldn’t be surprised if they could get it to fire as far away as Divinity’s Reach. Of course, the kind of powder required to discharge a gun of that size, combined with the overpressure generated by the explosion would be lethal, to say the least, to anyone within several miles of the cannon. The sound alone would probably be sufficient to destroy every ghost in Ascalon at least three times over.

Now that I think of it, cooperating on such a project could be an exciting challenge! My ears, I think I’m already forming a brilliant idea how to overcome the near range lethality for the operators and visitors to the Black Citadel. Yes, this could have far-ranging applications! EXCELSIOR!

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Asura

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

hmm quite the interesting thread, as a question though, can you please point me to an asuran megalaser I believe both the pact and the vigil used megalasers most likely created by asura but I have never seen an asura megalaser, surely if asura would take responsibility for orders like the vigil, and alliance devices like the pact, they would have to take the same responsibility for organizations like the inquest, both the positives and the negatives (advances in magitech, and negatives in failed experiments)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Asura

Arikyali.5804

(Jeez, that’s a wall of text)

A) I fear it is yourself who is reluctant to admit your proud race is not perfect. If you had been willing to delve more into understanding the situations present, you would have seen the tar elementals within Charr territory are not from a source of neglect, but instead the indirect outcome of the Flame Legion’s attacks. The Charr are vigilant in nursing a scarred landscape, to once again be bountiful. Within time they will mend their machine’s impact on the land, and once the major hurdles overcome, work toward a more eco-friendly design on their equipment. (For one, I believe it’s safe to say that a Charr is more likely to avoid unnecessary explosions. The Asurans seem fascinated by this)

As to your kin’s treatment of the slimes, they are sentient beings. Yet they are caged, probed, experimented on, mutilated, and forcibly altered, all in the pursuit of knowledge. If this is the Asuran response to species they deem of lower importance, then it saddens me.

B) You may have no intent to harm the land, yet the extra measures to ensure the protection of the ecosystem, have more than once gone ignored. I have witnessed unstable experiments a multitude of times, as I transverse the jungles outside of Rata Sum. The Charr’s land had suffered war, and it still is a battleground with the Flame Legion and Seperatists around. I cringe to think of what damage the jungles of Metrica Province would suffer, should they be exposed to war as well. I fear the Asuran will be just as guilty of polluting the land, should they face a powerful entity in battle.

C) I never admitted their junk yards were perfect. The best weapons to protect the land are naturally the ones that come from the land itself, and can return again once it has served its valuable purpose. But allow me to ask this: If the junkyard is where the charr gather their refuse, then where do the Asurans leave theirs? I have not seen any place that Asurans dispose of their broken-down golems. And do not state it is because golems ’don’t break down,’ because they most certainly do. Do they return to their natural components once they serve their purpose? Do you reuse the parts and make new golems? Or do you simply toss them into a conveniently nearby pool of lava? (Although I’d expect the last one to trigger…explosive results). Tell me, is the magical energy residue gleaned from the golems, impacting the land in some way? Are the Asuran able to understand the long-term effects of their arcane magic’s influence on the plants and animals?

D) Perhaps that was secretly my attempt all along (to appear too incompetent to participate in your experiments). The lack of concern for the welfare of certain test subjects (granted, the Inquest are much worse) frightens me. It is as if a creature who is not deemed intelligent are only as important as to how many tests can be run. I’m content to have found the medium where I can walk among the Asura, and not be nagged to have a sample of pollen collected from my head.

in Asura

Arikyali.5804

I applaud the Asurans for cleaning the mess left behind by the Inquest. If only their dedication was as wide spread among the rest of your krewes. Why are the Asurans so intent on establishing their own personal prominence? Would it not be more rewarding to dedicate their time to selfless devotion? I know there are Asurans who make such sacrifices, but plenty seem so very intent to use their intellect in a desperate attempt to reach new heights, yet still fall short of its grasp. (No underlying pun intended)

Perhaps….just perhaps…..the Asurans view their pursuit of knowledge in the same light as our Wyld Hunt. Are your desires to understand the Eternal Alchemy just as important as our call to fulfill our duty and destiny, witnessed within the Dream? The very ebb and flow, the very heart that pulses within our actions and our decisions…to become connected and intertwined to something of great importance…do the Asuran’s steadfast dedication to the Eternal Alchemy mimick the Sylvari’s search for the Wyld Hunt?

But yet….as I think of this….I’m reminded of how the Asurans wish to achieve a social prominence as the outcome of their experiments. It feels as if there is more interest to gain recognition, than to understand and appreciate the Eternal Alchemy you revere so greatly. When I look at the Asuran hard at work, boasting of their importance, I can only see them kitten blinded by their pride they forget the heart of their dedication, their thirst to unlocking and understanding their Eternal Alchemy. As they delve more into their research, the more they forget their thirst of knowledge for the sake of knowledge, focused instead on the sake of usurping another Asura….or backing another boast to their intellect. And I am all the more saddened that such a race of such potential…..cannot witness the beauty and grandeur placed right before their eyes.

I hope with every fiber of my being that the Asuran race do not fall blind to their pursuit. It pains me to think what could happen if they completely forget their goals, to keep only within the confines of morality not out of good intent, but purely for favorable outcome, and would ditch such efforts if given the chance. It is what I see has become of the Inquest, and it is not what I wish to see to poison the rest of the Asuran race. And yet….your speech echoes my concerns all the more loudly. Such an intelligent race, that understands so little.

in Asura

Posted by: Da Beetus.1275

Da Beetus.1275

snip

Bookahs are so cute when they pontificate!

Why do those that know the least know it the loudest?

in Asura

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Were you going to make a bad salad joke?