I wish the asura were still underground

in Asura

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Imagine an underground asuran city, and a large cavernous starting zone(s) that eventually spill into the Maguuma Jungle. We’d have a larger variety of zone types to explore and the asura and sylvari could each have their own regions to call home. Plus the artists could have done some pretty cool stuff with an underground city/zones. I imagine the jumping puzzles and vistas in particular would have been quite cool.

in Asura

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

You had me at no bookahs.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Asura

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The asura were driven out of the caves like the skritt were, and the krait and largos were from the deep ocean. Don’t blame anet, blame the dragons.

in Asura

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

The asura were driven out of the caves like the skritt were, and the krait and largos were from the deep ocean. Don’t blame anet, blame the dragons.

The asura, in their infinite ingenuity, would have easily devised a way to hold on to their homeland if Anet hadn’t mucked things up. The blame is squarely on Anet’s shoulders.

in Asura

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

The asura, in their infinite ingenuity, would have easily devised a way to hold on to their homeland if Anet hadn’t mucked things up. The blame is squarely on Anet’s shoulders.

Someone never played EotN. The Asura were squarely getting their butts kicked by Primordius and his Destroyers. They were not going to find a way to survive until they encountered the bookah and used them as meat shields while they forged new weapons to go against the Destroyers. It’s just safer above the ground.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Asura

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Someone never played EotN. The Asura were squarely getting their butts kicked by Primordius and his Destroyers. They were not going to find a way to survive until they encountered the bookah and used them as meat shields while they forged new weapons to go against the Destroyers. It’s just safer above the ground.

Mmhmm.

The GOLEM project came about as a direct consequence of the destroyer conflict. All these lasers and haptic interfaces and giant mecha didn’t come about til after they were forced surface-ward (Though their technology still out-shone the bookahs technology by centuries if not millenia)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast