Technobabble!

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Well we Asura have a skill called technobabble, but to my knowledge you don’t hear any actually said. So lets think a bit! What do you think your asura is saying when using that skill? Give us something good!

Bonus points if you turn it into a reference!

“If I use eleven Octogonal Poly-Harmonic Matrices instead of ten, I’ll see some REAL non-trivial waste processes!”
“Should I twist the flux module 42 degrees towards the Cosmorganic Generator or nine units towards the Aquatic Amplifier and seven units above the Jocular Enhancer…. which is the answer?”

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

You make a good point!

Why doesn’t Technobabble have voice over on activation?

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Wuffles.5319

Wuffles.5319

Occasionally my character says somethign really crazy when i use it. so yes, they do say something.

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

If the skill was actually worth using then maybe. As it is though it’s a crappy skill so any voiceover on it would be/is wasted.

Technobabble!

in Asura

Chessrook.8643

Yanno, really the point of this thread was less to discuss the Technobabble skill, and more to come up with silly yet entertaining technobabble of your own. Because we need more silly threads.

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Occasionally my character says somethign really crazy when i use it. so yes, they do say something.

Well there goes a whole day…
/stands in Lions Arch and spams Technobabble

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Technobabble!

in Asura

Wuffles.5319

I’m serious! She says stuff! I have to write it down next time i hear it.

Edit: One of the things she says is what I think female Asuras say when they daze something.

“Well don’t just stand there! Dodge!” – Clever :P
“Victory is Mine!” – I heard her say this right as I used it, but I also just killed a foe O.o so idk.
“Tower Acquired!” – Wtf?
Umm so they don’t say ANYTHING when you don’t actually hit a target with these abilities so you guys know.
“Overcharging!” – that sounds okay

And to those LUCKY Asura who happen to be Engineers. The toolbelt skill "Confusing Speech, has some EXTRA good ones.
“Hold the line!” – idk why she says that.
“With these supplies we can hold an army of golems!” – i do believe now this is truely a bug!!! i will record a video to prove it!
“Requesting Defensive Golem Support!” – These are all lost voice overs for other skills they got rid of.

(edited by Wuffles.5319)

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

As long as I don’t flashback to any episodes of Star Trek, all is good.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

And to those LUCKY Asura who happen to be Engineers. The toolbelt skill "Confusing Speech, has some EXTRA good ones.

That’s me!! Now I gotta waste 30 mins in LA spamming 2 skills.

Are they the standard sayings for the conditions dished out or unique ones for the skills?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Technobabble!

in Asura

Wuffles.5319

That’s me!! Now I gotta waste 30 mins in LA spamming 2 skills.

Are they the standard sayings for the conditions dished out or unique ones for the skills?

You won’t get anywhere spamming it in LA, it has to be on a monster I found it to work. I spent hours and hours trying to get her to say something fighting low level mobs and using the skills. But she just wouldn’t say anything. I think theres more to it. But seriously Confusing speech has a very…very…long confusing speech that she says if you can catch it. I was like wait whaaaaaat? I’m going to try using these skills in dungeons more to see if she gets more reaction. Keeping it updated.

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You won’t get anywhere spamming it in LA, it has to be on a monster I found it to work. I spent hours and hours trying to get her to say something fighting low level mobs and using the skills. But she just wouldn’t say anything.

I noticed this too. Have to target something. And she doesn’t do it everytime, or even nearly as often as she does for things like boons/conditions. With my every 5s swiftness spamming in the open world, my Asura is a chatterbox. But Technobabble/Confusing Speech is apparently an Asura secret.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

I’m serious! She says stuff! I have to write it down next time i hear it.

Edit: One of the things she says is what I think female Asuras say when they daze something.

“Well don’t just stand there! Dodge!” – Clever :P
“Victory is Mine!” – I heard her say this right as I used it, but I also just killed a foe O.o so idk.
“Tower Acquired!” – Wtf?
Umm so they don’t say ANYTHING when you don’t actually hit a target with these abilities so you guys know.

“Hold the line!” – idk why she says that.

“Hold the line!”? Do you realized you’ve found the lost voiceover for hold the line? When a guardian uses the shout, they just say something related to boons but they don’t actually say “Hold the line!” We need someone to move that over to the right skill.

Technobabble!

in Asura

Wuffles.5319

“Hold the line!”? Do you realized you’ve found the lost voiceover for hold the line? When a guardian uses the shout, they just say something related to boons but they don’t actually say “Hold the line!” We need someone to move that over to the right skill.

I have no idea why my toon said that haha especially when using technobabble. I really have to experiment more with it. I gave up after my character was defiantly not saying anything else ever. I honestly think theres a stupid trick to it now. This is going to bother me all ngiht _

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

This is going to bother me all night _

That’s the point of Technobabble, isn’t it?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Technobabble!

in Asura

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

So how about this for technobabble
“If I take infinite sum of the alternating geomagical sequence raised to Oola’s constant multiplied by number of veticies on an eight dimensional tesseract plus the number of days since Zaitan’s defeat that should increase my chances of finding risen in Orr.”

Technobabble!

in Asura

Chessrook.8643

So how about this for technobabble
“If I take infinite sum of the alternating geomagical sequence raised to Oola’s constant multiplied by number of veticies on an eight dimensional tesseract plus the number of days since Zaitan’s defeat that should increase my chances of finding risen in Orr.”

Finally someone gets the point of the thread!

Technobabble!

in Asura

Wuffles.5319

I never -tried- to take the topic off track, I just wanted to prove that they actually did say something when using the skill, granted it’s not Techno-BABBLE.

However Confusing speech is techno babbble and i would love to trigger it and prove it lol

Technobabble!

in Asura

Wuffles.5319

Best I can come up with on short notice.

http://youtu.be/1yoU0rmePbc