CoF Armor

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: Auvit.2970

Auvit.2970

So I found out that charr who have light CoF armor have their tails get a new fiery look, but apparently those of us with heavy armor can just go cry in the corner (I’m not sure about those with medium armor).

I’m trying to go for a fire look on my charr since it goes with my condition damage (whole reason I haven’t bothered with legendaries), so I feel pretty annoyed that this privilege is only granted to those with light armor. Is there a reason they restricted it to light armor?

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

That’s true—they ought to add it to all armors. That said, the fire tails have a glitch where the tail on a female charr just turns into a male tail—so that needs to be worked out. Also, they might be limiting the use of fire tails because human, norn, sylvari, and asura players who buy CoF armor might feel shafted. They have no tails at all

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

Also, they might be limiting the use of fire tails because human, norn, sylvari, and asura players who buy CoF armor might feel shafted. They have no tails at all

No, but when wearing light armor their arms turn into a lava/rock sort of combination. It’s hard to describe it, but they also get an effect on their arms.

As for medium armor, no, they also do not get any special effects. As a matter of fact, medium armor gets screwed because there is a glitch where for some reason the coat hides your shoulders.

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Thats ok, the Med armor chest and helm for charr looks terrible IMO , try CoF arms legs and shoulders with different chestpiece and helm, I currently use heritage or inquest. But yes, no fireiry tails :’(

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

medium armor orr sets have tail guards ^-^
edit: yes im an engi

Attachments:

(edited by Petezahut.3068)

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

That tail effect makes Cof light armor the most aggravating armor for charr in the game. First, someone at Anet went through the trouble of making a charr specific armor effect involving the tail, but this same person apparently didn’t stop to consider that the tail shouldn’t be clipping through. This armor is supposed to be from the flame legion. It is supposed to be armor made for and by charr. There shouldn’t be any tails clipping or horns disappearing. Second, the tail uses a male model regardless of gender. Literally, this is the only armor set that would need to be altered to account for the different charr genders, but that wasn’t done. There was time to make some armor sets look completely different on human females or cut out pieces of clothing that were getting in the way of cleavage, midriffs or what have you. Was there time to make sure the molten tail effect accounted for female charr? Obviously, not. The one time Anet went the extra mile to give charr something special for a set every race can wear and it turned out to be a half kitten job.

If there is any reason for medium and heavy armor missing the effect, it would be because I’m fairly sure the flame legion casters are the only enemies with the fiery look. All the stalkers, bladestorms and whatnot just look like normal charr wearing flame legion colors. That is the only explanation I can think of that wouldn’t just amount to laziness, apathy or charr armor being an extremely low priority. However, it has been some time since I’ve been to cof, so I may not be remembering it correctly.

CoF Armor

in Charr

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Second, the tail uses a male model regardless of gender. Literally, this is the only armor set that would need to be altered to account for the different charr genders, but that wasn’t done. There was time to make some armor sets look completely different on human females or cut out pieces of clothing that were getting in the way of cleavage, midriffs or what have you. Was there time to make sure the molten tail effect accounted for female charr? Obviously, not. The one time Anet went the extra mile to give charr something special for a set every race can wear and it turned out to be a half kitten job.

The masculine look of the armor even on female Charr may in part be intentional. After all, the Flame Legion don’t allow women in its ranks, so it makes sense that any Flame Legion armor wouldn’t be quite right on a female Charr. But then there’s some issues you bring up that do appear to be an oversight, as well.