Don't laugh

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

No Seriously don’t :-P

Ok here’s my issue, I spend countless hours in GW1 in Pre-searing, yes killing Charr.
They took Ascalon in the searing and had so much to do at the start of GW1 Prophecies, they were the enemy. Yes I like Pyre Feirceshot and the “good” Charr in Eye of the North.

I can’t bring myself to play one, I want to, but I have an emotional connection to the fictional past. I said DON’T LAUGH! >_<

Anyone share the same or similar view? and thos who played GW1 for the years, how do you feel?

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Frostflame.5314

Frostflame.5314

I know what you mean, I’ve played GW1 from the start myself.

The way I look at it the Charr we have right now aren’t really the way they were back then. During the pre-searing and early prophecies era they were being manipulated by demonic servants pretending to be gods, instead carrying out the will of Abaddon, a god who was banished by the others because he kept using mortal races to play “army men”; making them fight eachother constantly for his own amusement.

So, they were being used as tools of destruction by Abbadon at the time, just like the Lost Scrolls were created by him with the intention they be used, and thus destroy Orr which ultimately worked when the Charr made it to Orr itself and Khilbron himself was manipulated by a demonic servant of Abbadon into using them. Its hard to personally hate the charr under those circumstances.

(edited by Frostflame.5314)

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Pyre was the big turnpoint for me to see good in a Charr and thanks to him, I made Charr characters.

But being in Ascalon with a Human character… I really disliked being there. I know I had to (because of the world completion), but the pain I felt because I was killing my ‘own’ people… every time I killed a ghost, I felt a dagger going deeper and deeper in my lower back…

Thankfully, I don’t have this feeling when playing my Charr characters, I just love to see those ghosts being whiped out, because it IS Charrland and they have to move out!

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

You just wait till were done with the dragons…

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

You just wait till were done with the dragons…

Reckon the Charr and Humans will start fighting again? :/

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Don't laugh

in Charr

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

My main in Guild Wars 1 was an outcast, not originally from Ascalon. His oddness and use of dark magic (necromancy) resulted in people not being very kind. So he never formed any strong feelings for the country—though he fought against the charr and served the king because he was seeking a greater purpose. As a result, I myself did not develop any particular hatred for the charr, or love of Ascalon.
Later, when Pyre came along and explained the charr’s side of the story, I was sympathetic. The charr had suffered at least as much as humanity. Myself, and my character, understood Pyre because he too was outcast. In addition, Gwen was an annoying brat. Soooo…. as a result I became very attached to the charr, and most of my characters today are charr.
But your feelings are understandable. Push through it and give the charr a try—it’ll be fun XD