Jumping on Charr

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

Having one of every race i find it wierd to do jumping puzzles on my charr.

I feel so clunky and big its hard to make precise and accurate jumps

Although i know all races act the same when jumping the visual makes it harder it seems :P

let me know if anyone else thinks so.

I still love my Tanky Charr Warrior

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I think it’s nice seeing that my Charr stretch as far as he can to reach that platform ahead of him makes it actually look like he’s jumping further thatn he actually does. Guess I’m the only one with that opinion though.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I find it harder to land jumps on my sylvari than on charr.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

It took me a good bit longer to get used to jumping on a charr than it did on my norn or sylvari.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Here’s a tip. When jumping as a Charr, your HIND legs are where you’ll actually land, so use those as your targeting guideline. Yes, this means you’ll often look like half your body is going to go over the edge on that tiny little stone platform, but you won’t fall off.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Here’s a tip. When jumping as a Charr, your HIND legs are where you’ll actually land, so use those as your targeting guideline. Yes, this means you’ll often look like half your body is going to go over the edge on that tiny little stone platform, but you won’t fall off.

Hold your weapon; problem solved.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hold your weapon; problem solved.

That’s another way of doing it. You can easily do this by binding a key to draw/holster weapon (I have mine bound to R-Alt) and just pull our your weapon before doing any jumping puzzles.

That said, I’m not sure if it’d work in places like the Clock Tower though, since that seemed to hide/lock your weapons, so I still think it’s best to practice jumping while running on all fours.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I actually find jump puzzles and such far harder from an Asuran point of view. I guess we get used to things a certain way.

I managed Mad Clock Tower for example, before my friends… interestingly enough, the two to finish last were Asura.

I only have issues in cramped quarters, that zoom the camera in a lot.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I have so many charr toons, that its hard for me to do them on the smaller races.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I play charr, sylvari and asura.

There’s a certain jump in the EBG jump puzzle, which I try to do almost daily on all 3 characters. On my charr I get it maybe 1/10 times unless I use swiftness. I jump from about the same place, at the same angle, ETC. 1/10 times. I have yet to fail it on my sylvari or asura, even without swiftness.

Asura is slightly harder than sylvari due to asurans jumping twice their own height. But even then they’re both easier than charr (imo)

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

There’s also a point at which you can actually begin the process of falling, but still jump. It’s a point at which you must learn well if you want to make every jump without swiftness because it essentially allows you to jump after the platform you’re on.

I’m not sure if the same is true for other races—I’d guess so, but if I’m going to be honest, I’ve never done a single jumping puzzle on any other race than Charr. It just comes down to what you’re accustomed to and that only comes through practice. Treat the entire world as your jumping puzzle and you’ll get the hang of it in no time

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

LameFox.6349

I actually find jump puzzles and such far harder from an Asuran point of view. I guess we get used to things a certain way.

I managed Mad Clock Tower for example, before my friends… interestingly enough, the two to finish last were Asura.

I only have issues in cramped quarters, that zoom the camera in a lot.

I mostly play charr now, but I’ve had human and asura characters as well, and I found the humans were easiest for puzzles. Charr make everything look smaller (literally smaller on your screen, not just by comparison) so it’s easier to miss, but asura make such unbelievable jumps for their size that I was never quite sure if it was an accomplishable level of unbelievable or a fall-to-my-doom level of unbelievable.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I jump on Charr’s cause they’re soft.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Halcyon.7352

There’s also a point at which you can actually begin the process of falling, but still jump. It’s a point at which you must learn well if you want to make every jump without swiftness because it essentially allows you to jump after the platform you’re on.

I’ve definitely noticed this on my Charr characters too – it’s something I’m quite accustomed to. I think it’s easier to notice on Charr, at least, if not unique.

I used this very much to my advantage in some puzzles. The funny thing is, the game definitely registers you as falling a little bit, before jumping. I got sucked into the goo in Mad Clock Tower more than once, while in midair in mid jump, because I had begun the process of falling and then jumped.

For the toast!

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Having one of every race i find it wierd to do jumping puzzles on my charr.

I feel so clunky and big its hard to make precise and accurate jumps

Although i know all races act the same when jumping the visual makes it harder it seems :P

let me know if anyone else thinks so.

I still love my Tanky Charr Warrior

It takes a bit of getting used too, but once you know that only the hind legs count and that if you jump stretched out, the feet will be planted about where your stomach or waistline were “in flight”, it’s OK. I actually did all the jumping puzzles and all the vistas on my Charr.

Right now, I’m levelling an Asura and I must admit that I think the little buggers are more disconcerning. Sometimes they stand in mid-air because the hitbox is so much bigger than the character. I prefer jumpin on the Charr to this.

The only exception is the claustrophobic jumping puzzle behind the well in Lions Arch. The smallest-possible Asura (female, including smallest possible head) still blocks enough of my view in there.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Dharan.7405

Dharan.7405

Thank you – the feedback and tops from this thread has given me the confidence to start a Charr !!

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On the Clock Tower, it’s not surprising to hear that Asura finished last. They can’t see themselves at the early jumps, so they rarely make it to the later ones.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Shadowdawn.7946

Shadowdawn.7946

I find jumping easy on my Charr thief. Then again, all the platformers I used to play involved a four-legged character.

I love all things Charr. They’re badkitten!

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: KablamoBoom.5938

KablamoBoom.5938

My thoughts exactly.
In fact, jumping on any other race is really not comparable.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Hopefully it’s a Charr that wants to be jumped on…else you’ll likely bleed a lot.

My problem with Charr platforming is that the Charr are so big the camera starts freaking out when I’m anywhere near a tight space. It’s truly annoying.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Halcyon.7352

Hopefully it’s a Charr that wants to be jumped on…else you’ll likely bleed a lot.

My problem with Charr platforming is that the Charr are so big the camera starts freaking out when I’m anywhere near a tight space. It’s truly annoying.

This is my problem too. I actually died running the Caledon volcano puzzle on one of my Charr, because I hit a confined space and couldn’t get my bearings in time before the timed platforms disappeared.

For the toast!

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: gattsuru.4712

gattsuru.4712

Yeah. I’ve no problem with most jumping puzzles, even the timed ones like the Halloween puzzle, but the tighter the turns the more likely I am to want to switch to an Asura or short human. I know the jumping puzzle developer claims he ran a tall Norn or Charr through everything, but Troll’s End keeps insisting on shoving the camera into some remarkably awkward slanted first-person viewpoints even on a fairly short Charr female.

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

LameFox.6349

The person who designed the puzzle seems like a really bad choice of person to test how well other people will be able to handle the puzzle…

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

…I’ve no problem with most jumping puzzles, even the timed ones like the Halloween puzzle … Troll’s End keeps insisting on shoving the camera into some remarkably awkward slanted first-person viewpoints even on a fairly short Charr female.

This is still true—the camera tends to freak out over very minor things, even things like rocks on the ground in an otherwise open field. A claustrophobic place like Troll’s End is havoc. You really just have to know how to do it by heart. It was impossibly frustrating back when there was a bug that got the camera stuck inside objects and it wouldn’t move at all. That was really where I learned Troll’s End.

The person who designed the puzzle seems like a really bad choice of person to test how well other people will be able to handle the puzzle…

The QA team tests them too. Dunno if they try it on max size Charr and Norn and with varying camera axis slider settings though. If not, they should, and they should have people who are awful at jumping puzzles do them too.

I still believe firmly in doing all the JPuzz on my Charr. This kind of content is a reward in-and-of itself to complete and the fact it may be a bit more challenging on Charr makes it that much sweeter for me.

·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

Jumping on Charr

in Charr

LameFox.6349

I’ve never made it to the top of any WvW puzzles yet lol. I fall a few times from bouncing off rocks and such, then realize I would be making more profit just killing people/things.