Racial Skill: Battle Roar

in Charr

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

Things that make you go “hmm”:

While the skill Battle Roar is inferior in every way to the Warrior’s skill called For Great Justice (instead of just being a variant form of it back during the Beta days), I did stumble into something interesting. Did you know that Battle Roar still has a 1,200 range? That’s almost unheard of for any kind of AoE buffing power (which universally have a 600 range). I wouldn’t normally slot this power considering that the recast timer is horribly and its effects are lackluster, but the range does make this power situationally good.

Anyhow, I thought that I’d share that this power has a 1,200 range. It’s something that I initially missed and it could make the power potentially useful in specific situations.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Charr

Posted by: Rolo.9248

Rolo.9248

I’m having a hard time not using this skill. I’m still figuring out the game and came here looking for insight.

The ranges in this game all sound much farther to me than what they really are. (Probably because of large numbers of a unit that has no frame of reference.)

i5-2500K 4.2GHz | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580-882/2033
Crucial m4 128GB SSD (64GB SRT cache) | WD 2TB 2002FAEX | Antec Twelve Hundred
When I was your age, I could outrun a centaur…until I took an arrow to the knee

in Charr

Posted by: Blackfire.6135

Blackfire.6135

If it was considered a shout, thus the CD could be reduced I’d always use it, but because of it not being a shout I use other shouts instead so I can have debuffs taken off and lower CDs and such.

in Charr

Wiser with Age.3714

In Beta, this skill used to have a 30 sec recast for +15 sec Fury & +15 sec Might (x3). It was slightly longer on the recast side that FGJ, but it give almost double the +Fury duration. Twin pairs of Charr characters were both taking this to permanently chain up the Fury buff on themselves and up to x3 other characters within range.

It’s current form, which was the result of a change in the final days of Beta, made it much weaker. ArenaNet has always said that racial skills should be weaker than class skills. I was just surprised to notice that the original 1,200 range was still intact. Only a few AoE buffs are left with a 1,200 range after ArenaNet did a sweeping change to adjust almost everything AoE buffing wise to a 600 range. There are time when I’ve slotted this in my Charr Warrior (using AoE buffing abilities) for fights where everyone has to really spread out.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Charr

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I still like it. Party wide fury? Delicious. Also I can use it while doing anything else, which is handy.

in Charr

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

i thought my charr would roar when i used it. Thats the only reason i got it… what a big let down.

in Charr

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

@mosharn

I’d totally use it if my Charr actually roar’d

in Charr

Wiser with Age.3714

At least some of the various lines that you can say when activating Battle Roar are interesting. “The Charr need no gods!” The skill does win style points with me. Unfortunately it doesn’t win game mechanics points with me.

in Charr

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I use it on other classes besides warrior and it’s just awesomejuice, I would like an actual roar too though, but I do enjoy the phrases that my charr says like “ashes and death!” or “crush…maim…KILL!” baahaha

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Charr

Posted by: Ottergame.2584

Ottergame.2584

Since it hadn’t been brought up, Engineer’s get a secondary for a the Battle Roar. 50 second cooldown timer, 1200 range, 10.75 second Vigor boost to allies, and removes weaknesses and vulnerability.

in Charr

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

I use it on other classes besides warrior and it’s just awesomejuice, I would like an actual roar too though, but I do enjoy the phrases that my charr says like “ashes and death!” or “crush…maim…KILL!” baahaha

Lol, that terribad buff is hardly worth giving up any utility abilities you’re getting from your profession. If it was similar to the Warrior’s buff, I’d consider taking it, but it’s just beyond bad as it is right now.

in Charr

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I love it on my Engi because it gives party-wide might and fury and the tool belt skill for it gives party-wide vigor. Very sexy.

in Charr

Posted by: Netsu.3769

Netsu.3769

@mosharn

The sounds are fine, but why is there absolutely no animation? Are the warrior shouts also like this?

The Jolly Fellas [JF]
Seafarer’s Rest server

in Charr

Wiser with Age.3714

@mosharn

The sounds are fine, but why is there absolutely no animation? Are the warrior shouts also like this?

Yes, Warrior’s Shout mechanics acts the exact same way. You hear your character say a line of speech with no kind of in-game animation. The only way that you know that another player has used a Shout is if you see debuffs suddenly appears on mobs or if you just gained specific sets of buffs on your own character. (For example, getting x3 Might stacks and Fury is a pretty obvious way of telling that some Warrior just cast For Great Justice.)