So... Charr are cat people?

in Charr

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Does this mean they cant move their jaw side to side?
Do they also have barbs on their tongue and…. you know where?
Are they obligatory carnivores?

in Charr

Posted by: gattsuru.4712

gattsuru.4712

They’re animated as doing so, possibly a side effect of whatever part of their genetic structure had horns. A lot of Charr skeletal structure is distinctly non-feline, and like the claws, the jaw structure is one of those things.

Do they also have barbs on their tongue and…. you know where?

Hopefully not, for the sake of the lady Charr (and gay/bi male Charr). Lapping, tongue grooming, and induced ovulation don’t make terrible sense for intelligent tool-using social bipeds, and Charr have been under some pretty intense evolutionary pressures for a long time (assuming those apply in the setting). Descriptions of Charr drinking, both in-game and out of it, suggest that there’s no equivalent. We’re not likely to see any answers on the latter question, obviously.

Are they obligatory carnivores?

The Ecology of the Charr says that Charr are carnivores, and modern-day Ascalon shows little in the way of dedicated farmland instead of grazing land. That said, in-game Charr characters can eat plant-based Cooking items, and Tybalt Leftpaw is very much a fan of apples. The vast majority of the Charr diet is meat, but it looks like they can at least consume (although possibly not get much nourishment from) other foods, so whether they count as obligate carnivores depends on your definition.

in Charr

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

Does that mean we should always land on our feet? Cause I have landed on my face many a time

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in Charr

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Does that mean we should always land on our feet? Cause I have landed on my face many a time

Cats are more likely to land on their feet after a fall from a height greater than 17 floors.

Increase it exponentially for a charr… you’ll find your ideal drop height.

in Charr

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Mine just belly-flops from great heights. XD

in Charr

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

They’re animated as doing so, possibly a side effect of whatever part of their genetic structure had horns. A lot of Charr skeletal structure is distinctly non-feline, and like the claws, the jaw structure is one of those things.

Actually, I have to disagree with you on the claws part. Their hands and feet are distinctly feline. The feet-paws are obviously feline, including dew claws, and their claws, while not retractable, are still feline (cheetahs have these kinds of claws). The hands are also feline, albeit mostly simian, but still technically feline what with the claws being the distal phalanges bones (fingertip bones) and all.