A lovely coincidence

A lovely coincidence

in Sylvari

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Over the past four days, I was on a field trip with my Geology class, and I was surprised to see the name of the town we camped in, as well as the name of one of their churches….

Attachments:

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

A lovely coincidence

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

Heh, the road by my house is “Sylvan.”

A lovely coincidence

in Sylvari

Posted by: Jenosavel.1756

Jenosavel.1756

Probably because "sylvan" is a real word meaning "of the forest." It’s my favorite word, though I liked it better when people just didn’t know what it meant, rather than thinking straight away of the Sylvari. Oh well, I can’t begrudge ANet for naming my favorite race after my favorite word.

Leaves and Embers - a fan written GW2 novel (complete!)
Servants of Fortuna [SoF] - We serve fortuna; may she grant us a smile.

A lovely coincidence

in Sylvari

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Probably because “sylvan” is a real word meaning “of the forest.” It’s my favorite word, though I liked it better when people just didn’t know what it meant, rather than thinking straight away of the Sylvari. Oh well, I can’t begrudge ANet for naming my favorite race after my favorite word.

you have a favorite word? i’m not being mean but…really? Do I? I don’t think……

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

A lovely coincidence

in Sylvari

Posted by: Timbersword.9014

Timbersword.9014

you have a favorite word? i’m not being mean but…really? Do I? I don’t think……

My favorite word is “effulgence.” It means “radiance” or “brilliance,” like what you’d see in standard issue scenery p**n.

…Or whenever you’re working with HDR lighting, lightrays, and staring at the sun through a tree’s branches. Never stops being ****ing beautiful. Thus, Guild Wars is beautiful.