Why was the color changed?

in Sylvari

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Last update made my sylvari ranger so perfect.
Finally the cultural armor was independant to my colours of my Skin and hair.
My sylari was a dream in Firmament and Gold
Now she is a “dream” in White, Gold and purple, u cant even see the Gold on the chest
Few days ago i wanted to thank you personally for that improvement but now you changed it back

i cant even understand why there is purple in my armor when my sylvari is White coloured!

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Because many people with me amongst them had spent huge amounts of time and money to get the looks they want and then they went ahead and changed them. Now they are at least a bit closer to what they were.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Yeah, kinda disappointed here too… I just bought T2 medium a couple of days ago and liked it a lot. Now, if I want (for instance) some tiny blue, almost invisible splotches of glow on chest and legs, I got to dye almost the entire parts blue, which doesn’t look all that good. I hope T3 is better, haven’t had time to preview that yet, but it ain’t promising.

in Sylvari

snow.8097

i wear the T3 armor
i cant understand how People could like it too have on the chest back another colour they didnt choosed and in the front their colours but cant see them so perfect and clear like yesterday
it was a good Change because you could dye your armor as you like, without spending hours to create your perfect sylvari, that Shows that the Skin before was wrong, now ist rolled back, how can somebody want this?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037

in Sylvari

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

What did you do to the glowing? >_<
My nightmare armor doesn’t glow at all anymore! (light/male)
It DID glow, although I dyed it dark before, which was fine… and now… the glow isn’t even noticeable! WHY? -.-
Do you expect everyone to run around in bright and eye-hurting Colors if they want glow at all? I’m really dissappointed by now.

If you tie glowing to the Color Chosen why don’t you make the glowing an EXTRA Color space then, so that we can have glow even if we use darker dyes?

Why do you always ruin everything that was good as it has been? This is just… well I’m speechless… My main doesn’t look the way I liked him anymore…

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Aurelio.9531

Aurelio.9531

Agreeing with this, I understand people wanted a rollback of some kind, but I feel the medium teirs where actually pretty good- I had my coat primary for t2 medium colour set to abyss and could then dye the glow to be neon, but now I’d have to have my entire primary coat colour to something bright to get any glow. I appreciate people wanted a rollback, particularly t3 light armour wearers, but this feels like a downgrade for the medium sets ):

Though it is pretty nice to be rid of the giant patch of white on my t1 coat. Still would be nice to be able to wear dark colours and contrast with bright glow, though!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

There had to be a compromise somewhere, guys.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

There had to be a compromise somewhere, guys.

the compromised has touched the nightmare armor a armor set that shouldn’t have ben touched in the first place it was a cultural problem now my nightmare pants are ugly.

in Sylvari

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

Chiming in here since I guess this is going to become the main feedback thread about the new change.

I’m very disappointed. It sounded from the update description that the change was designed to give control over the glow color to all tiers of armor across the board.

I have NO control over my glow color. Where before my armor glowed a brilliant but subtle white even while it was dyed dark colors, it now barely glows at all. Even if I dye my armor solid white, it still barely glows at all. The glow simply seems to lighten whatever color is underneath it, but it’s spread across all three dye channels in my armor. If I leave my armor dyes untouched, the only color which glows noticably is my skin color – the one color I CANNOT change at all.

My sylvari is a male warrior and wears a combination of T1 and T2 heavy armor. The T1 armor is unaffected because one of the dye channels already controlled the glow.

Considering these changes were designed to bring glow to armors that didn’t already have it, I’m confused as to why armors that already glowed have been touched. Surely there has to be some way to give me my old glow back? I don’t care if I can’t control the color of it. I liked it the way it was. At least the glow was noticeable.

If not, PLEASE tie the glow to a channel I can control. Even looking at NPCs wearing the same armor, it seems the glow is now predominantly the skin color.

in Sylvari

snow.8097

i hope kristen perry can answer us
she is a very sympathetic dev and i think she can help us with a compromise
i really hope it will be changed back but with slightly differents, but all in all i hope (for my medium female T3) the dye contrasts will look like before that patch today
i do not know how the other armors changed and glow was never a theme for me, but your wishes should become true

in Sylvari

StarbornStriker.6493

I decided to take some pictures to explain my prior post.

First picture: The way my sylvari looked before the recent update. Note the nice, consistent white glow in his chest and leggings (T2 heavy). At this point, I could not affect the color of the glow at all.

Second Picture: Same dye combo after the update. Note the inconsistent and much lighter glow. The most troubling thing is that the part of the armor that glows on his stomach is his skin color (the brown you see) and it does not match at all the glow color of his sleeves. It’s impossible to make this consistent.

Third picture: Changed the second dye channel (lower left-hand box). Note that this does affect the color of the glow on the sleeves, making it brighter, but does not touch the glow on his stomach.

If I could consistently affect the color of my glow with a single dye channel (IE closer to the first screenshot) I think I’d be fine with the change.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

kuscheldrow.6415

It’d look a lot better again if the changes to the glow shader would be taken back.
Either that or an own dye pattern for the glow itself…
I’m still frustrated with how my nightmare robe Looks now. It really hurts that it completely misses it’s glow it had all the time.
Although it was dark green (almost black) it had light green glow-spots, which brought a nice contrast at night (he glows in a pale green himself, too)
It was just perfect. And now… it stays dark. Not even the slightes sign of a glow.

My ele isn’t affected, his nightmare armor is dyed in a poisonous green, it still glows the way it should.

Shouldn’t it be possible to create a second shader and only tie it to the nightmare armor? o.o" I don’t even complain that just when I go used to the Christmas-tree like glowing on my T3 light it’s suddenly gone. Therefore the armor Looks nice again, but nightmare… why? Why why why why why?

Did any of the devs even LOOK ath the light nightmare armor before releasing the patch? Darker Colors lack contrast anyway, but they had a brilliant contrast at night when they started glowing. Now… there’s no contrast anymore… (Plus personally, I feel that the nightmare light (male) doesn’t even look any good if dyed in a light Color. It gives a plastic-like look to it)

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Serasvictia.4769

Serasvictia.4769

I agree. My T3 medium armor looked so good before this patch. Now I can’t even dye the stem part that grows out of my chest on the shoulder armor. It’s just the dye remover color! So freaking ugly!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

I’m extremely disappointed in the change. My sylvari mesmer wears t3, and I’ve always been sad that not only did it not glow, but it hid almost the entirety of my sylvari’s glow on her body. The update that added glow to the armor was perfect. I was finally able to get my mesmer to look the way I wanted her to.

Now not only are the dye channels messed up so that colors look all flat and blah, but my glow is basically gone.

It really bugs me that it took months of asking for that to be added for it to be changed originally, and only two weeks for it to be removed.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

in Sylvari

Posted by: Laurienne.3645

Laurienne.3645

i would love if they could keep both versions of the cultural available, so ppl would exchange for the one they wanted…

also (a lil off topic) why is so hard to dye the color you want? this is my char dyed with dark olive, only the head gear isnt cultural and its the only with the correct color! does the color or cultural gear “mix” with your skin color to create new colors?

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Askeptykal.4138

Askeptykal.4138

I bought a makeover kit from the gem store, and just last night I found the perfect combination of glow color/intensity to make my heavy tier 3 shoulder match my sylvari’s hair both day and night.

Aaand patch today, and my shoulder spikes, colored burgundy, now barely glow a brighter red instead of glowing pink, like the tips of my hair.

Maybe roll the shoulder armor back please? Kind of kills the entire reason I spent my gems…

My sylvari needs more Tyrian Tweeters to ramble at – find her @JaeaSylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kattami.2084

Kattami.2084

I’m incredibly dissapointed. I spent a lot of time and gold trying to give my sylvari a destroyer-esque look. Sure it wasn’t perfect, but I really liked how it was turning out. The armor was a nice mix of blacks and oranges, and the orange actually glowed like it was molten underneath in some spots. I log on today to find my T3 coats pretty much been ruined. No more orange, just a lot of black, purple and some green. Doesn’t really glow much anymore either. I get that a lot of people disliked the changes, especially when it came to stuff like the light armor…but some of us really LIKED it too.

Attachments:

Seeki of [CORE]
Isle of Janthir

in Sylvari

snow.8097

wow kattami what a cool sylvari! xD

in Sylvari

kuscheldrow.6415

They made the textures pretty nice again (although I got used to how it has been altered) but they should’ve left the glow shader untouched. I bet it would look a lot better or everyone if they take back the changes to the shader.

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kattami.2084

Kattami.2084

wow kattami what a cool sylvari! xD

Used to be! I really loved that look. I was gonna look for a different shade of orange, since I felt the current one was a bit too…well, orange. I guess that won’t really be an issue anymore though.

Seeki of [CORE]
Isle of Janthir

in Sylvari

Posted by: melonlycake.7348

melonlycake.7348

I’m upset with the rollback as well. I finally had the light t3 skirt the way I wanted it, loved the glow. The texture change is welcome! I just wish they’d left the colors alone. Anything below pastel is too dark and pastels are— pastel.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

snow.8097

here my sylvari ranger with parts of medium t3

first Picture were last week
see there are only my two dyes White and White Gold, my stomach Looks good, sharp colours, where Gold were Gold and no mix between light Brown and purple

the next two..today pictures
why are there purple lines? i changed nothing in my dye channel
my sylvari have nothing on her Body thats purple..or red..or anything else, i know it because i used my makeover kit three times

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Stewie Griffin: This evening is rueened! The whole evening is rueened!

I HAVE AN IDEA. GROUNDBREAKING!!!

Why not just have both options that you can toggle between in your hero panel?

Old style and new glow.

Whoop de do, everybody’s happy.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Looks like my Sylvari’s T2 pants don’t glow anymore. :o
I was fine with the glow, I just preferred it glowed in the dark instead of pulse at all times.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Sylvari

snow.8097

wise words from a wise man

i think its the best way to solve that Problem
the old textures are surely not deleted and i think its easy to add them for the cultural armor vendor
we think its easy, i dont know what anet thinks about this, how much work that could be, but i hope they see that everyone could be happy with this, even when we can do this only one time

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Does seem to dye considerably darker this time around. Same colors. Considerable difference in saturation. Sure I’m using “dark” dyes I guess, but the glow is pretty standout still for me. Still get the same general green glow I had before, just not as bright, or being the entire chest piece/skirt veins as before.

I’m glad to see the range of colors back. But this is just a tricky subject and seems like it’ll be hard to find perfect middle ground considering how dyes affect the armors so differently.

Good try at least. Maybe I just need to find another brighter green. Though in October I went through like every green dye in game and Olive was the only thing that dye similar to pre-october Grass.

If we are still looking for suitable middle ground. Best bet is just to make two different armor sets for both designs. So people can have their glow and bright colors and others can have the tame/no glow and deeper colors. /shrug

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: AJ Wolf.7825

AJ Wolf.7825

I am really upset by this change. Sylvari Armors always dyed so blandly, then it FINALLY got fixed. I bought several Toxic dyes because of the changes, with both gold and real cash. They looked amazing! Now they look terrible again. I feel like I’ve just wasted my money. PLEASE change this back or give us the option to turn our glow on or off.

in Sylvari

Verene.1480

An option to turn the glow on or off would be best. That way people who don’t want it can turn it off, and those of use that want to look pretty (:P) can use it.

And yeah, like AJ, I spent a lot on toxic dyes because they looked so good on sylvari armors. Now I feel like that was wasted money because the colors no longer stand out like they used to.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Keriana.9635

Keriana.9635

I agree. Please change back, add a toggle, or something similar. Currently, the color regal on T3 light armor glows a shade of green that does not look good to me with the blue. The white glow it had previously looked great. Thanks!

in Sylvari

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

Not to say that other people’s complaints aren’t legitimate, but I was actually very happy when I found that my coloration was close to how it used to be. I got that purple blending in the back that I was so fond of, and there is still a bit of glow! Thank you, Kristen! As others have said, there are some problems remaining that need some tweaking: I noticed the plasticy look that people were talking about when I turned up the graphics settings (at least in the Hero menu), and my Nightmare leggings don’t have the same glow as the rest of my armor (because the rest is a blend of cultural) which causes it to look black in darker environments. But, this update I think was a step in the right direction. If possible, I’d suggest that the glow effect have its own separate dye box. I don’t know what the limitations of the graphical engine are, though. I’m pleased with the yellow glow on my cultural t3 medium chest piece, but I’d like it even better if the glow could be light red like my sylvari’s skin glow.

Thanks again, Kristen!

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

OMG thank you, thank you, thank you.
The previous change hit me very (hard) on my Ranger (t2 chest) and I have not been able to play her at all- now she is back in her full glory.
Since she is one of my mains I am ecstatic

Also my little Mesmer (t1) has most of her shininess back and although that did not hit me as hard, it is great that her name is once more appropriate.
Thank you so much again

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

Just add a glow slider or make it based on the slider at character creation. I loved the new glow, now the T3 set doesn’t look like the set I bought, I wouldn’t have paid 100+ gold on the set my character is wearing today that’s for sure.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This jacked up my armor as well. The T2 shirt doesn’t look as good as it did before (Midnight Ice, Midnight Blue, Cyanide in the three channels). I had to change it to Cyanide, Midnight Ice, Midnight Blue to get a visible glow and try to keep it somewhat dark and that doesn’t look nearly as good.

in Sylvari

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

You can’t please everybody when you start messing with existing styles, sadly.

I’m not really concerned (the sylvari i use most have heavy T3, unaffected. The one which wears medium T123 mix is a alt used little or nothing) but i feel your pain.

Would be cool to see vendor offering the different versions of the skin (in exchange of your piece of armor, no extra gold spent), but i guess would a bit too much work for a very minor appareance issue. Would be the only way to please everybody tho.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

whats getting annoying is that with each change the colours drastically change.

I’m not sure what’s going on but the main issue with last patches revision was that it lacked texture (and it did) now texturing is back but its to a point where the dyes you use are almost redundant since everything will be 12 shaders darker.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

You can’t please everybody when you start messing with existing styles, sadly.

I’m not really concerned (the sylvari i use most have heavy T3, unaffected. The one which wears medium T123 mix is a alt used little or nothing) but i feel your pain.

Would be cool to see vendor offering the different versions of the skin (in exchange of your piece of armor, no extra gold spent), but i guess would a bit too much work for a very minor appareance issue. Would be the only way to please everybody tho.

I appreciate the thought. Just to note, it really isn’t a minor appearance issue for that character. While it is only a T2 armor set and 40 gold in dyes, it used to go perfectly with the Dreamthistle skins I have on that character. Now, not so much. So I have a bunch of skins that don’t look right with an armor set that doesn’t look the way it did. So it is hundreds of gold spent on appearance items that don’t look right anymore.

Maybe it is just me, but I’m not seeing any of the shininess that people wanted back on the T2 armor. It is just darker and the texture more muddled. So it doesn’t seem like a compromise, since there isn’t a glow, and the texture itself doesn’t look good.

in Sylvari

StarbornStriker.6493

I just want to be clear, my complaint isn’t with the reversion of dyes to their original (or close to original) textures/hues for Sylvari armor. I’m relieved to see that was done and I’m glad that people are happy they got their colors back.

My issue is that my armor, which was previously unaffected by the glow/dye issues now no longer glows properly. My dye colors are pretty much identical to what they were before (I even checked screenshots) but my armor does not glow the same way and there’s no way to make it glow the same way unless I dye the entire set white or celestial, which looks horrible.

I think we can expect four main types of posts in this thread:
1) People who were affected by the original change and are happy about the reversion
2) People who were affected by the original change, liked it and hate the reversion
3) People who were affected by the original change and still aren’t happy about the reversion compromise
4) People (like me) who weren’t affected by the original update but are now affected by the change in glow

Considering that, I think we can all agree it’s impossible to please everyone. I applaud Kristen for her dedication, and I hope she’ll continue to work on this issue because there are clearly still a large number of unhappy players.

My personal opinion is that all the changes should be reverted and a second set of each armor should be implemented, with glow for those that don’t glow and without glow for those that do. Glow is clearly visible in the preview window at night, so everyone can pick the type of glow they want. I’m guessing that a glow slider/control option would be more complex than this.

I can’t stress enough that I feel it’s a mistake to mess with items that already existed in the game. Armors are one of the rewards we chose for ourselves, even if we chose a cheaper armor and dye set, it doesn’t mean it isn’t special or important to us. If you weren’t willing to change a hair style because it might upset people who like it, why would you change something people spend their time, effort and possibly money to obtain? I still can’t understand this.

And if the goal here is to make all Sylvari armors glow, why oh why would you reduce the glow of armors that already had it?

To compound this issue, the changes were in the game long enough for people to get attached to the new look and spend equal amounts of time, money and effort to make it look nice. Now where do they stand? Their complaints certainly aren’t invalid. And for those of us who’ve just gotten our armor broken in the latest round of changes, we’re probably going to face a similar problem a month down the road, if and when we see another tweak or adjustment.

The constant changes to my main of late (because he was affected by the sylvari black-eye issue) have totally demoralized me where this game is concerned. I can only imagine how hard it’s been for people affected by the original armor update as well. Time is a very precious thing for me, which I choose to spend very carefully. If all the time and effort I put into something can be undone at the flip of a hat, I start to wonder if there’s a point in continuing. Looking at screenshots prior to this update makes me sad because I fear I’m never going to get that brilliant glow back.

I don’t envy Kristen having to deal with this. I feel like the poor woman will never win no matter what she does. And I hope she knows I, at least, have no ill will toward her, no matter how much I want my glow back.

in Sylvari

Verene.1480

I think the easiest (and most logical) thing to do is to just add a separate dye channel for glow on the sylvari armors. Dye remover results in no glow, whereas any other dyes allow the glow to be that color.

This would also fix things such as the ridiculousness of the dye channels on the t3 light top, where the main dye channel covers everything and the other two barely make any effect at all…which means that right now if you want to glow you have to have your entire top’s main channel dyed something bright and hence have all of your armor that color. Seriously, guys, t3 in full Celestial isn’t a good look. I’ve tried.

It also bothers me that it took over a year of people asking for sylvari armors to glow to get that implemented, and only a few weeks for it to be reverted :\

Also, for example, this is how my mesmer looked once I was able to make her glow properly, compared with how she looks now. She looked so much better after the glow was implemented

Attachments:

(edited by Verene.1480)

in Sylvari

Posted by: valSe.9743

valSe.9743

Why did you remove the glow from the back of the light t3 skirt? When you introduced the glow effects on the light t3 armor, we had the central venation of the big leaves on the back of the leggings glowing, while now it’s completely gone.

Any reason behind this decision?

Cariddi | Sylvari ele | Gandara

in Sylvari

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

Finally my T3 light skirt has textures again!

But then again, I never went much into the whole glow thing, so I had it all muted from the start. Thus the previous changes just took away the cool textures, which has now been returned.

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t envy Kristen having to deal with this. I feel like the poor woman will never win no matter what she does. And I hope she knows I, at least, have no ill will toward her, no matter how much I want my glow back.

Very much this. Kristin is the only “cultural / racial” developer that ever interacts with the community at all (at least to my knowledge), and its clear she’s listening and trying to do what she can, but I don’t think there’s ever going to be a perfect solution to this whole glowing Sylvari armor thing. One of the hazards of changing something, even something oft-requested, is that no matter how many request it there’s always some who don’t want it changed. Hopefully she doesn’t let it get her down and just keeps doing her best.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Finally my T3 light skirt has textures again!

But then again, I never went much into the whole glow thing, so I had it all muted from the start. Thus the previous changes just took away the cool textures, which has now been returned.

the texture yes came back but the glow panels make the armor dye 50 shades darker then what it should be and you dont even get the glow on top of that kristen ruined the nightmare armor which was fine as is

in Sylvari

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I’m personally glad the light T3 got it’s old colors back. The first change completely wrecked my look and it was impossible to get the colors back.

in Sylvari

kuscheldrow.6415

…kristen ruined the nightmare armor which was fine as is

YES! Because a light colored nightmare light Looks horrible! -.-"

As said before, restoring the old glow shader OR adding a seperate Color Panel for glow only should solve most of the issues. OR applying the old glow-shader to nightmare armors only.

I’m happy with how the cultural armors look like again, although I feel T3 medium could use some more glow on its back, even T3 light could have the back glowing too, but it’s okay.

But the nightmare armor which shouldn’t have been affected in the first place is ruined.

And still I got used to the heavy glowing of the cultural armor within this 4 weeks, the issue was just about the textures anyway, now it’s gone again… meh…

I’m so demotivated by now because (it hasn’t affected him before) now the armor of my MAIN is R_U_I_N_E_D…

I have 13(!) Sylvari right now, and he’s my favorite of all times… I didn’t even EXPECT this would happen. I thought: Well gladly he wears nightmare, nothing to worry. When I read that Nightmare now IS affected in the patch notes… It made me feel sick, because I literaly KNEW this wasn’t going to be good. I logged in, it was night, and I felt like crying… Haven’t played him much since then, unless I had to…

I really hope the nightmare armor gets its old glow back. As for the cultural armors… It would be nice if there was a combination of the old textures plus the new (and now almost completely removed) glow from before to please everyone.

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

snow.8097

i know my first title of this topic was like that but please do not attack kristen perry personally
she is doing a good job and i know she is working on it and she will reply to us. i hope for it

i think in this and in the other thread were good solution suggestions made and she or her team (we dont actually know that she was is in general) will find a way to make us happy.

in Sylvari

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I am sad, I loved the patch update, the glow made my armor perfect. I was so happy.

However, this roll back destroy all that happiness and so right now I am down.

Also yes on the t3 shirt one color covers most of it, which makes the roll back annoying.

Before this rollback how it work it was fine.

Over all I am really upset right now…

in Sylvari

StarbornStriker.6493

Very much this. Kristin is the only “cultural / racial” developer that ever interacts with the community at all (at least to my knowledge), and its clear she’s listening and trying to do what she can, but I don’t think there’s ever going to be a perfect solution to this whole glowing Sylvari armor thing. One of the hazards of changing something, even something oft-requested, is that no matter how many request it there’s always some who don’t want it changed. Hopefully she doesn’t let it get her down and just keeps doing her best.

While I still don’t understand the decision to alter armor which had been in the game so long, I do think Kristen is doing a phenomenal job. I know my first post in this thread was pretty emotional too, but I don’t want to lose sight of the fact that this woman is working very hard for us.

And I do feel like she’s honing in on a solution. It just isn’t quite there yet. Hopefully there is a way to give us our vibrant glow back while keeping our dark dyed armors. I hope Kristen will chime in sometime after the holiday and let us know what she’s thinking. Until we get word on what may or may not be upcoming, I’ll leave my armor as-is and hope for the best.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

On a slightly different note, not all plant sets are treated equal. Not gonna lie and say the extreme difference in colour (despite being the same colour) differs so greatly based on time of day…kind of makes mix and matching armor a bit annoying.

Attachments:

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Sylvari

Posted by: effinshiddy.1364

effinshiddy.1364

I’m wildly upset by the armor rollback.

I had t3 before the changes…I hated the extra colors like the purples and greens that edged and highlighted it. I wound up selling it all back to a vendor.

Then they announce the glow changes and I took a look just for fun…and the glow of the molten dye was so amazing, I bought the set a 2nd time. For a month I loved watching myself on screen like never before.

Now it’s rolled back to have all those purples and greens and no glow and I’m feeling ridiculously cheated out of not just 120g like some people mention, but 240g cause it’s the 2nd time I’ve bought the set….and I’m inches away from just tossing it or trabsmuting it. So I understand it’s upset some people once…but twice is frustrating as all hell.

I’m kinda holding out to see if we get a glow-slider option or something, but I still don’t understand who saw the glowing armor last month and got mad about getting to actually stand out in a crowd. To get us all reverted back to fruitloop colored armor with overly dark tones is just…bleh…and whoever complained, imo, is a boring person who shouldn’t be allowed to ruin the fun fir the rest of us who felt and looked fabulous.

in Sylvari

kuscheldrow.6415

I actually loved how the Change of the T3 medium came out. I never had the Intention to buy it until the changes occured. It actually looked pretty good afterwards, but T3 light didn’t.

Now it’s back to the old Version I’d never have bought so I can feel your pain. Although the Change back to the usual state doesn’t hurt me too bad, as the Colors I Chose do still look okay. The missing glow itself while using dark Colors hurts far more, on EVERY glowing armor including nightmare. That’s what makes me mad.

Trahearne <3