Account banned for name ??

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RockoRush.1325

RockoRush.1325

Hi I just started playing again to play with a rl friend, he had started on another server so instead of paying for a transfer I deleted all my chars and remade one on his server.. not even really thinking about my name I created a char and began playing, randomly I get disconnected and banned for 72 hours for my name?

Are you serious?

Now im trying to help my friend learn the game and get into the groove and Im sitting here on a 72 hour ban for a name that isn’t even offensive.

Ive never had a single strike against me on my account or anything, and you couldn’t give me a warning? or kick me and force a name change? you just automaticly give me a 3 day ban?
Ive played many mmo’s and never had a problem like this before. Maybe get a message from a GM or a warning, this just seems like a power hungry developer too lazy to help a player and just hits the ban button.

What can I do to get back in game? If I have to sit through a 72 hour ban then im done with this game

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So you actively use an inappropriate name, and now it’s Anets fault?

Ive never had a single strike against me on my account or anything, and you couldn’t give me a warning? or kick me and force a name change? you just automaticly give me a 3 day ban?

Sure they could have. All those things mentioned require monitoring, which again costs time and money. 72 hour ban is just simpler and gets the job done. Be happy it’s not a permanent ban.

What can I do to get back in game? If I have to sit through a 72 hour ban then im done with this game

Yeah, never heard that one before. just in case you’re serious. Bye.

Posted by: RockoRush.1325

RockoRush.1325

obviously im not a hardcore player, I deleted every character I had to transfer to play with a rl friend.. my character had been in existence for umm, I dunno maybe 30 hours? first time offense on a name that isn’t even offensive.. no warning no noting just an instant 3 day ban? that’s some crap customer support

Posted by: mikehax.1386

mikehax.1386

haha! Only just read this! That’s harsh dude sorry to hear that, I remember a friend getting banned in GW1 for stupid names but that’s just how they roll. Who knew this game was meant to be fun.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Normally a first offender gets a warning and a forced rename. Now if this is truly the first name violation, then you can submit a ticket to support.

As for offensive that’s in the eye of the beholder. You were reported, the GM who reviewed the report agreed.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Try logging into the game again. Although, sometimes a 72-hour ‘suspension’ message appears for an inappropriate character name, it often is replaced with the option to log-in and rename the selected character. After doing so, game-play can resume. If you find this option has not been presented within a few hours, you can contact CS and discuss the issue with them. Good luck.

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Account has been unblocked as the system did not unblock your account after censoring your bad character name. My apologies.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”