Q:

Answer found. Thread can be closed

(edited by Sir Alymer.3406)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

My bad, I should have said Account Security and any security that may affect said Game Account.

Regardless, Account Restorations are only offered to those account compromised by third parties. Giving or allowing access to one’s game account to friend’s, room-mates, family, etc. does not qualify as compromise by a third party.

Again, condolences.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It would not be possible to roll-back an account for the reasons stated above. Computer security is the responsibility of the game account’s owner. Your friend will (as you posted he/she has) just need to be more careful in the future. Condolences.

Posted by: Sir Alymer.3406

Sir Alymer.3406

It would not be possible to roll-back an account for the reasons stated above. Computer security is the responsibility of the game account’s owner. Your friend will (as you posted he/she has) just need to be more careful in the future. Condolences.

That ‘Computer security is the responsibility of the owner’ thing can be said about everyone who’s ever gotten their account compromised, and I don’t think that’s stopped ANet from rolling back some accounts.

What makes this case any different? Someone else accessed an account without the owner’s permission. The only difference I can think of for this case is it was on a computer in the same network.

(edited by Sir Alymer.3406)

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

That ‘Computer security is the responsibility of the owner’ thing can be said about everyone who’s ever gotten their account compromised, and I don’t think that’s stopped ANet from rolling back some accounts.

What makes this case any different? Someone else accessed an account without the owner’s permission. The only difference in this case is it was on a computer in the same network.

Computer and account security are different. People who have had their accounts hacked may have a secure computer but may have been the unfortunate target of some hackers. In this case, it was your friend’s fault. Sharing a computer is risky especially when you have personal information stored in it. I don’t mean to judge, but it seems like its more of a personal problem for your friend.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

What makes this case any different? Someone else accessed an account without the owner’s permission. The only difference I can think of for this case is it was on a computer in the same network.

It has been well established that Anet will not roll back the account because “my brother/girlfriend/roomate/buddy deleted my characters.”

You can argue the point all you want, but the decision is not yours (nor ours) to make.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

In the future, please don’t do this, as your thread might end up helping others.