Banned for 7 days for swearing?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ebi.8561

Ebi.8561

Are you serious?
I just got logged out, because i might have said the F word a bit too much, and banned for 167 hours? What the kitten?
What kind of system are you guys running, in NORMAL games, you get muted for 24/48 hours for saying the f word or something offensive, but being BANNED FOR 7 DAYS IS ABSOLOUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Im a pottymouth, and im reframing from my cursing on this post, you cant ban people because of their nature and their potty mouth, atleast send them a warning if people are getting offended.
what you’re saying is 1 person out of the thousands on that server is offended by some of my language, okay lets ban him for 7 days.
That’s stupid! that is so stupid!!
You have no idea!

I’ve spent alot of money on this game, gem store etc and you repay me with a 7 day ban for a few words said, not even directed at anyone?

Go look at what i said, post it here, and let the community decide, myself as a hardcore player that plays nearly 6-7 hours a day because i dont have a life and i love this game am absoloutely outraged.

You must see this from our point, that’s 7 Dailys, that’s 7 transmution stones, 7 jugalugs of karma?
Do that math. Im trying to farm for karma, and you guys arent friggin helping!

ANYWAYS BACK TO THE TOPIC

This is unfair. Please read over this and post your replies… i know alot of people are kitten ed off for being banned for swearing.

Ebi.8561

You’re even replacing the F word with Kitten.
I thought you game producers were over 18, not 12.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

When you started playing the game you have agreed with the user agreement. This agreement was that you agreed to not use faul language in the game. Making you agree to that should be enough warning.

I strongly suggest that you use these seven days to contemplate on your behaviour and what it means to play an online game with other people. You are not banned for saying word f or g. You are banned cause you upset and griefed your fellow players. That is the reason that you are removed.

Normally a first time offender gets 3 days suspension. Being suspended for 7 days means you allready had a 3 days suspension once and didn’t learn or that it was so utterly bad that the dev went straight away to 7 days.

As for all the things you are missing in those 7 days. There is a serious condition called gaming addiction. Important sings are:
- not being able to do without it
- taking things to serious in games
- overreacting to things happening in game
- getting too attached

You are showing all these signs so maybe get some help.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: nasi.4785

nasi.4785

The good news is: you are not banned, only suspended for a week

Ebi.8561

For starters, who even reads the starting conditions?
i know that doesnt matter, but still, it’s the fact of the matter…
I have been banned for 3 days a while ago, had a few too many drinks and said some stuff, bit stupid on both parts.
But please dont try and make me look bad on my own post by saying i have a gaming addiction, i can live without games, im simply expressing the stupidity of a 7 day ban for a few words said, if the player was offended, they could have simpy PM’d myself asking me to not say stuff like that again.

If someone lets a few words said over the internet get to them, even though what i said was not directed to anyone on my actual server, which i still dont understand, then they need to man up.

nasi.4785

Hmmmm…. that 3 days suspsension was your second warning. You didn’t figure out that using foul language again would raise your next suspension time?
The only stupidity I see is a player who doesn’t learn from a previous suspension

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

Im a pottymouth, and im reframing from my cursing on this post, you cant ban people because of their nature and their potty mouth,

Yes they can, but you were not banned, you were only suspended.

atleast send them a warning if people are getting offended.

The terms and condition and the EULA, which you did agree to before you were able to play, was your warning.

Ebi.8561

Im a pottymouth, and im reframing from my cursing on this post, you cant ban people because of their nature and their potty mouth,

The terms and condition and the EULA, which you did agree to before you were able to play, was your warning.

You guys are still not seeing the point i am trying to make, Ban/Suspension, same thing, I am banned for 7 days, Suspended for 7 days, means the same thing,
But im saying its the 7 days, for swearing, which people swear EVERY day, is just absoloutely stupid.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Are you serious?
I just got logged out, because i might have said the F word a bit too much, and banned for 167 hours? What the kitten?

Makes sense, seems like the punishment isn’t working.

What kind of system are you guys running, in NORMAL games, you get muted for 24/48 hours for saying the f word or something offensive, but being BANNED FOR 7 DAYS IS ABSOLOUTELY RIDICULOUS.

The system blocks people like you-and others, from using profanity like a child in games. The punishment usually fits the crime and you agreed to the terms when you bought the game and every time you log in.

Im a pottymouth, and im reframing from my cursing on this post, you cant ban people because of their nature and their potty mouth, atleast send them a warning if people are getting offended.
what you’re saying is 1 person out of the thousands on that server is offended by some of my language, okay lets ban him for 7 days.
You have no idea!

The fact that you admit to having a “potty mouth” and that they can’t ban people because they are habitual “potty mouths” is a pretty ridiculous argument.

I’ve spent alot of money on this game, gem store etc and you repay me with a 7 day ban for a few words said, not even directed at anyone?

I spend a lot of money at walmart, but I don’t go around swearing and other customers or acting like a child. because I know the consequences as would any mature adult.

Go look at what i said, post it here, and let the community decide, myself as a hardcore player that plays nearly 6-7 hours a day because i dont have a life and i love this game am absoloutely outraged.

This just sounds like there are problems beyond the game that may need to be addressed..

You must see this from our point, that’s 7 Dailys, that’s 7 transmution stones, 7 jugalugs of karma?

Its just a game, if you want to play it follow the rules. If you can’t live without a video game for 7 days you may want to seek professional help for gaming addiction.

This is unfair. Please read over this and post your replies… i know alot of people are kitten ed off for being banned for swearing.

Alot of people are mad at getting banned, but they would be a whole lot less mad if they didn’t do something childish and didn’t get banned in the first place.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Geotherma.2395

You guys are still not seeing the point i am trying to make, Ban/Suspension, same thing, I am banned for 7 days, Suspended for 7 days, means the same thing,
But im saying its the 7 days, for swearing, which people swear EVERY day, is just absoloutely stupid.

People do swear everyday, but they don’t usually go around swearing at random people. This is a business, a game world, it has rules just like the real world. I would propose you try walking into olive garden and blatantly swearing at a table, or in a toys are us. Swearing serves no purpose in society, any and all intellectual points can be made without ever resorting to swearing. Wars are won and lost with words, many of them never even contain explicit language. And the excuse that everyone does it sounds very much like the “If your friends go jump off a bridge, would you too?” argument.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Geotherma.2395

I have been banned for 3 days a while ago, had a few too many drinks and said some stuff, bit stupid on both parts.
But please dont try and make me look bad on my own post by saying i have a gaming addiction, i can live without games, im simply expressing the stupidity of a 7 day ban for a few words said, if the player was offended, they could have simpy PM’d myself asking me to not say stuff like that again.

If someone lets a few words said over the internet get to them, even though what i said was not directed to anyone on my actual server, which i still dont understand, then they need to man up.

People who don’t want to get banned read conditions. If you can’t handle your alcohol and play a game I don’t know what to tell you. From the sound of your post it has a lot of direction towards drinking and gaming problems, but thats for you to deal with. As for the “man up” part, perhaps you should take your own advice and man up, as in grow up and learn to be respectful of others and use proper language in a proper setting. In the end your only hurting yourself, you made a choice-a bad one, and now you get punished for it. So guess you will have to “man up” and take it.

mercury ranique.2170

So you had a 3 day ban and your still claiming you where not warned that such behaviour isn’t tolerated.

Please keep in mind that people from across the world in all ages play this game. This is not a schoolyard where you only meet people from your age (wich I suspect is rather young) but where people play the game from age 12 (and younger, but the game is rated 12) to the age of players in their 90’s.

Imagine saying the things you said to your grandmother?? This game is played by garbage men and by judges. Would you say the things you said to a judge?? There is excuse to type those things. If you can’t control what your typing then don’t type.

I’m allready playing 70% of my time with map chat off. But often I turn it on to hear where the current events are or to see who is looking for a group. I have no wish nor desire to hear someone like you using faul language.

Just to warn you a bit more. If you do it next time the suspension will likely be 1 month.

Ebi.8561

You guys are pretending that you know what i said, i stated i never swore at anyone, im mature enough to not go around flaming at random people i dont even know, for no reason.
That’s stupid, dont mistake me for someone that will abuse randomly.
I said i swore, i didnt say at someone.
Please dont all gang up on me for your “Assumptions” of what i did when you dont know what happened? cheers!

mercury ranique.2170

You guys are pretending that you know what i said, i stated i never swore at anyone, im mature enough to not go around flaming at random people i dont even know, for no reason.
Please dont all gang up on me for your “Assumptions” of what i did when you dont know what happened? cheers!

The point people are trying to make is that Arenanet isn’t monitoring chat’s actively. If in the same timeframe they see multiple players reporting a single player they check it out and see what’s going on. If Arenanet decide you say things that are not allowed the suspend you for 3 days (or in your case as a second offender 7 days).

So where it is Arenanets decission to suspend you, the reason for the suspension is not that you said what you said, but that other people where offended by it enough to report you. So multiple players got angry enough at you that they wanted Arenanet to step in and give you a suspension. As you can also see, nobody here is on your hand.

So basicly:
People who don’t know you got so annoyed with you in game that the wanted you to be suspended.
Arenanet agreed and suspended you
Everyone but yourself on this forum so far disagrees with you and thinks you don’t have a point.

Maybe try and put your energy in other things while you sit out your time?

nasi.4785

You don’t have to swear to someone…. if you swear in map chat and someone reported you, you will be suspended. After alll, anyone can see it. And if you do it often enough you will get a ban (and that is permanent).

Please read the legal documentation And do some reading in the forums about this.

Ebi.8561

I’ve never played a game where the punishment for swearing, for typing a few words, where people get offended at something stupid, is a “3-7 day BAN” or exile from the game itself,
If you want to punish someone for typing or voicing an opinion… you can simply mute them from the game, unless Anet have not figured that out yet… You are all only against me because you dont know what’s happened, and are all referring to something nearly no one reads at the start, and in result, probably arent the nicest people in the world.

Saying i have a gaming addiction and problem and telling me to seek help is internet abuse in itself, that’s a form of abuse, bullying, so be careful of what you’re saying.
(that is not directed at everyone)

A verbal infraction should result in mute,
An in-game bug abuse/hacking and that crap, should result in a suspension/ban.

nasi.4785

Yes you have played a game where you can get suspended for swearing: it is called Guild Wars 2 And I like it to be honest. If you just think before you type, you won’t get yourself into trouble.

You can try to make a suggestion here for muting.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It really does you no good to argue your case on the forums. In fact, it is against forum rules; you would be aware of that if you had read said rules. If you disagree with the action taken, open a support ticket and discuss it with Customer Support. Though, being an admitted ‘potty-mouth’, you probably will not be pleased with the outcome.

Either way, good luck, and once you return to the game, be more circumspect with your chat. Lesson learned….. =)

Geotherma.2395

Because Arenanet respects customers and players more than other MMO’s where they just let anything pass. Welcome to a game where the company actually cares if its community is a huge troll fest full of abusers or not If you like the 4chan style stuff there’s always Aion and Tera Global chat.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’ve never played a game where the punishment for swearing, for typing a few words, where people get offended at something stupid, is a “3-7 day BAN” or exile from the game itself,
If you want to punish someone for typing or voicing an opinion… you can simply mute them from the game, unless Anet have not figured that out yet… You are all only against me because you dont know what’s happened, and are all referring to something nearly no one reads at the start, and in result, probably arent the nicest people in the world.

Saying i have a gaming addiction and problem and telling me to seek help is internet abuse in itself, that’s a form of abuse, bullying, so be careful of what you’re saying.
(that is not directed at everyone)

A verbal infraction should result in mute,
An in-game bug abuse/hacking and that crap, should result in a suspension/ban.

Well, when you develop a wildly successful MMO, you can decide what punishment will go with what infraction!

I love the bit where you’re saying you should be allowed to cuss all you like, but everyone who suggests that if you can’t stop from typing the f-word you might have a problem is a big mean old abusive bully. Love that cognitive dissonance.

You had your warning the first time you got suspended. No ones fault but yours that you keep choosing to type profanities.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There is a saying I read, “your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins”. ANet has decided that your right to curse in game ends where other people can see it. If you want to curse, you can do it as much as you like at home, say whatever you like. In game, their rules restrict you. There are a number of games that allow cursing in chat. If this is what is most important to you, maybe you should try them out and only play GW when you can restrain yourself.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

Hard to believe after all the Reddit posts, game site articles, and endless posts here that there’s still players who don’t believe they’re serious about that.

Posted by: The Scarlet Raven.5416

The Scarlet Raven.5416

Every time I read one of these posts I think of this article I read regarding ArenaNet’s policies. If you have a few minutes, read it.

http://www.toptiertactics.com/15083/an-open-letter-to-arenanet-regarding-my-guild-wars-2-ban/

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can’t say I am sorry to see the letter-writer go. Geez!

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Every time I read one of these posts I think of this article I read regarding ArenaNet’s policies. If you have a few minutes, read it.

http://www.toptiertactics.com/15083/an-open-letter-to-arenanet-regarding-my-guild-wars-2-ban/

I had to laugh while reading this, I’d say most of us are glad to see him go. Is that really want we want? YES.

LeCreaux.3087

At first I thought that letter was serious, then I thought it was a satire, by the end I couldn’t tell.

mercury ranique.2170

At first I thought that letter was serious, then I thought it was a satire, by the end I couldn’t tell.

If it was satire I loved it. If it wasn’t satire……well I love most americans I know. I suspect the constitution the writer claimed to have a right for was the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

To make it very boring and short. Your congress didnt make such a law, nor did your president or any other goverment in the USA or outside. When you started playing the game you where presented with an agreement. You clicked a button I agree and so you have a binding agreement with arenanet. Even if it goes against the first amendment, you agreed with that as well. Like the settlers in Southsun cove. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

This eagles song is refering to addictions and the dark sides of addictions. I know im trying to trigger people to think when i call them a game addict here. The reality is that I myself could prolly never leave Tyria for good. Tyria calls me always as a lover.
So I do am provoking when i call people addicted. The reason is not disrespect. The reason is to help. We are all addicted to air cause we can’t live without. but breathing air doesn’t cause problems and nobody is worried bout it. The problem start if the addiction effects other aspects of your life or when you are violently cut off and don’t understand that you are addicted. You react wild and without reasoning.

Back to the first amendment. Freedom of speech is an important thing, But more important is freedom of thought (something the founding fathers missed imo). You can think whatever you want. I can imagine you all be doing very naughty things right now, but it wouoldn’t be an issue till I actually wrote it. When I told you I wrote it i was upsetting you on purpose (and hopefully I get away with that offense cause im using text to prove a point). That is not what the first amendment is all bout. actually it is a misuse of the law, wich is punishable as well.

The first amendment is more bout the freedom to think and feel what you want. The true freedom to speak what you think and feel is limited by the company you are in. If you are in your own guild and your members dont’t have an issue, go ahead, say whatever you want.

The first amendment doesn’t give you the right to grief people.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Well, they were using the words differently because Anet does – for Anet, suspensions are for a limited amount of time, bans are permanent.

Anyway, sounds like you’ve had another warning already about this kind of behavior – the initial 3 day suspension. Anet reviews your previous history when you get reported and they decide to take action – if you have recent infractions/suspensions, they will go harsher on the next one, up to and including a full ban.

Rajani Isa.6294

No matter if your language was directed at someone (your server or not, sounds like you hit up WvW), or not, someone was offended.

I work at a restaurant, we’ve asked people to leave for their language as it offended other people, even if it wasn’t directed at the other people.

Rajani Isa.6294

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

To make it very boring and short. Your congress didnt make such a law, nor did your president or any other goverment in the USA or outside. When you started playing the game you where presented with an agreement. You clicked a button I agree and so you have a binding agreement with arenanet. Even if it goes against the first amendment, you agreed with that as well. Like the settlers in Southsun cove. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

What I bolded is important when reading the first amendment. With the EULA/TOS you agree to in order to play Guild Wars, it’s not Congress (or any other section of the government) abridging your rights of speech. Its you and Anet. Identical to how if you go to a business or home your host(s) have the right to eject you for any reason, including offensive language.

Posted by: DKRises.3928

DKRises.3928

If they want to include bans and suspensions for swearing, then the only question I have is if swearing is “forbidden” in the game, why do they even have the option to disable the filter? No one is allowed to swear so why have a filter?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they want to include bans and suspensions for swearing, then the only question I have is if swearing is “forbidden” in the game, why do they even have the option to disable the filter? No one is allowed to swear so why have a filter?

If you read this section of the forum, you will find your answer:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/Gaile-Gray-6028/showposts

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

The whole article was satire and sarcasm. Meant to be humorous.

Ebi.8561

You’re all newbs, after consulting a GW2 team member, i have had my ban lifted, due to their evidence was not clear enough to ban someone on constitutional rights.
Win.

Posted by: gassy.8975

gassy.8975

If you really do think it’s your “constitutional right” to swear in GW2 chat then I guess we’ll see you soon when you complain about another suspension.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol. They may have lifted your ban but you have NO constitutional rights in game, only legal rights. Constitutional rights are how the government treats you, not how a company treats you.

nasi.4785

Hehehe would love to see any proof of that one

Rajani Isa.6294

The whole article was satire and sarcasm. Meant to be humorous.

To be fair, we’ve had people here post pretty much the same thing…. and it wsn’t humor, it was their warped version of reality.

Posted by: The Scarlet Raven.5416

The Scarlet Raven.5416

For those who still aren’t sure, the letter I linked was humor/satire. That’s his writing style.

I think my favorite part was his “Krytan Krafting Klan [KKK]” guild that got a forced name change. So he ranted about Anet’s stupid copyright rules and changed the name to “Killerz Krafting Klan [KKK]”. ROFL. Unfortunately like someone else said, there really are people on the forums that just don’t get it when they get banned.

LeCreaux.3087

there really are people on the forums that just don’t get it when they get banned.

Reminds me of one of the more frustrating classes I took in college…ethics. Academically, the people you describe simply have different ethical standards. Good grief, there were so many different kinds of ethics and each one had their virtues and vices. What’s frustrating is that it’s difficult for any of us to accept differing ethical standards.

To me, following the norms of society is completely acceptable. To others it conflicts with their very being. The debates in that course…gives me a headache thinking about it.

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

You’re all newbs, after consulting a GW2 team member, i have had my ban lifted, due to their evidence was not clear enough to ban someone on constitutional rights.
Win.

No, you really didn’t It’s quite funny that you seem to think people will believe this; I suppose you are quite young.

I am glad that ANet do not put up with this, makes for a nicer experience.

Posted by: Jyenh.5739

Jyenh.5739

They did the same in GW1 if I recall, and also, I read the agreements, well some, most were just basics.

As said, you weren’t ‘banned’ precisely/just for inappropriate language, you were banned for causing distress/offending other players as well. The reason Anet takes this matter so seriously I assume is the same reason they had for doing so in GW1, both games are founded on the ideas of a strong community, and anything that harms any demographic of that community is severe.

My advice, as I know for some people habits are impossible to escape, is to join a guild that the members in which accept that language or try restricted your language around those who you’re not sure how they feel about the matter.

If your ban was truly lifted it could be for a number of reasons other than the reason they provided though by the sound of it there may have only been a few people who reported you. I doubt it would be anything to do with constitutional rights though, as the Internet is a world-wide construct (GW2 contributing to this) the ‘constitutional rights’ won’t affect many players in the world, thus creating loopholes, flaws and contradictions in multiple legal areas. Instead, their agreement can override that, as long as the agreement is lawful, which it would be as it would probably have went through some process to make sure.

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

This game has a filter.

People who are easily offended need to use it. The reporting and suspending for offensive language is quite frankly user error on the part of the offended.

Also the agreements you click on at the beginning of the game will not hold up in the court of law. They’ve been overturned repeatedly.

G’day

mercury ranique.2170

This game has a filter.

People who are easily offended need to use it. The reporting and suspending for offensive language is quite frankly user error on the part of the offended.

Also the agreements you click on at the beginning of the game will not hold up in the court of law. They’ve been overturned repeatedly.

G’day

The filter isn’t an excuse to swear. The agreements you click in the beginning of the game will hold up in court and they have never been overturned.

Even if Areanet shouldnt be allowed to suspend people cause they can’t behave.
Access to the game is a free service. What is basicly given is free access to a server (wich is private property). Cause your not paying for the server, Anet can never be forced to deliver the service. The things your talking bout is bout games with a monthly fee. It has happens that people people where paying a monthly fee in advance and they froced the company through a trial to repay the rest of the monthly fee.

If your not paying for a service you don’t have legal rights to recieve that service.

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I had to laugh while reading this, I’d say most of us are glad to see him go. Is that really want we want? YES.

Your letter had me interested at first: good writing, good points, decent statements. But then you unveiled the mountain of bullkitten that hid behind.

WOW invented pointy ears elves? Really dude HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

This game has a filter.

G’day

You know, everyone assumes it’s people with their filter off that get “offended”. But in my experience, a chat filter is pretty much no bar to anyone who wants to get around it. People who so desperately need to type out their profanities are certainly willing to take the extra half-second to add/remove an extra letter, period, or asterisk or find a creative misspelling that will ensure it doesn’t get caught.

I know a game company that drops any message that includes the n-word, or that includes a short word for a sexual assault. If your message contains either of those words, the whole thing will vanish and not be sent to chat, regardless of whether your filter is on or off. All this does is slow people down for 30 seconds while they figure out why their message didn’t go through and then they misspell the word in question so that it does. So me having my filter on does no good whatsoever.

And of course there’s plenty of ways to verbally abuse someone that don’t contain a single filtered word.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

This game has a filter.

G’day

You could not be more wrong or misinformed.

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

This game has a filter.

G’day

This is the perfect response to your post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Are you serious?

You have no idea!

You were suspended for two weeks, because you were suspended a couple of weeks ago for very offensive language. There is an escalating system for time-outs based on both recent and full-time account history.

Last time you were suspended for crude sexual references of a very offensive nature. This time, you were suspended for hate speech. Read the Rules of Conduct and the UA. You can’t continue using offensive sexual references (and I don’t mean an occasional F-bomb) or insulting TWO different races in a single sentence indefinitely. If you continue down that path, your account will be terminated.

So think before writing things in chat. And serve your suspension, because it will not be lifted or reduced given the nature of your comments and your account history. Because yes, we can and will ban the habitual “pottymouth” (as you call yourself) for the good of the game as a whole.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Win.

For the record: You have never had a suspension or termination lifted in Guild Wars 2. And we do not reinstate for “constitutional rights.” U.S. Constitution Amendment #1 refers to right to free speech and places restrictions on the government in relation to preventing free speech. It does not guarantee anyone the right to “free speech” on a private game server.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)