Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Prinzkaos.4052

Prinzkaos.4052

This people are asking me for a Retailer serial code. What is that? can some1 help me plz and how do i get it? please help

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

@Prinzkaso
Your game CD Key

Prinzkaos.4052

I alrdy install it and they keep asking me for it to play.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

To: all of you banned for fraud payment

Good news!
Support just told me that I can have my account back if I buy a new serial key.
That’s very good news for me and thank you.
Although I have already bought the game and registered an new account. My first try today to link the two accounts failed with the following error “A server error has been encountered. Please wait a moment and try again.”
But I will try again tommorow to see if anything changed.

This is only somewhat near ok news, not good news. And it’s terrible news if you have not even been refunded because of Anet’s own mistake…They literally asked me to just buy the game again without refunding my money, so I don’t see buying a new account as “great news”.

If you bought from us, using a legitimate credit card, we would never tell you to pay twice for our game. There is more to this story, whether it’s an error on our end or an issue with you card, or a problem with your financial institution.

Thats what they told me too.

I apologize for the delay in our response; we have an unusually high ticket volume which we are working through as quickly as possible. I apologize for any confusion regarding previous responses sent prior to this response reaching you today.

This Guild Wars 2 game account has been permanently closed. The attempted purchase of the Guild Wars 2 Serial Code used to create this account was voided as the transaction was found to be fraudulent in nature.

In addition to the permanent closure of the game account, the credit or debit card used in the transaction has been permanently blocked in our system. There is no option to have this account reopened or to have the block removed from the game account.

If you wish to access the Guild Wars 2 service going forward, you will need to purchase a serial code from another authorized retailer. A list of authorized retailers can be found here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers#UnitedStates-physical.

There is no further assistance we can provide for this issue.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

I’ve given them all billing info of my credit card, bought from the official store, and sent them PDF proof that I was charged, then I got sent this.

edit to respond, from the other thread:

My account was banned and I’ve been accused of using a stolen credit card to buy a fraudulent copy of the game.
- Ticket submitted November 11th.
- Purchased November 8th.
- Purchased through buy.guildwars2.com
- I WAS charged. No, it’s not pending, I’ve been charged.
- I’ve sent support the CC billing info, zip code, address etc. through my support ticket.
- Sent PDF copy of the confirmation from the bank that I was charged through my support ticket.
No response since they said I was using a stolen credit card on 11/11. It’s now November 14th, I’ve updated my ticket multiple times with helpful and useful information proving my innocence of the crimes (literally) Anet is accusing me of and proving they have my money.
At this point Anet has committed a fraud by taking my money and not delivering the product. I’d like the situation rectified as soon as possible and expect an apology for being accused of criminal actions when there was none, and being forced to wait days for an answer on a mistake completely made by ArenaNet who had no problem taking my money.
Ticket ID: 121111-001892

Then I got sent the permanent closure message (for the second time), and it told me to buy another copy.

I checked this ticket. The purchase was voided. Please check for a refund.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: BearArms.1654

BearArms.1654

I alrdy install it and they keep asking me for it to play.

It’s a 25 character-string of letters and numbers that should have been included with a physical copy of the game, or received by email if you bought the game digitally.

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

Good news!
Although I have already bought the game and registered an new account. My first try today to link the two accounts failed with the following error “A server error has been encountered. Please wait a moment and try again.”

This is only somewhat near ok news, not good news. And it’s terrible news if you have not even been refunded because of Anet’s own mistake…They literally asked me to just buy the game again without refunding my money, so I don’t see buying a new account as “great news”.

If you bought from us, using a legitimate credit card, we would never tell you to pay twice for our game. There is more to this story, whether it’s an error on our end or an issue with you card, or a problem with your financial institution.

I apologize for the delay in our response; we have an unusually high ticket volume which we are working through as quickly as possible. I apologize for any confusion regarding previous responses sent prior to this response reaching you today.

This Guild Wars 2 game account has been permanently closed. The attempted purchase of the Guild Wars 2 Serial Code used to create this account was voided as the transaction was found to be fraudulent in nature.

In addition to the permanent closure of the game account, the credit or debit card used in the transaction has been permanently blocked in our system. There is no option to have this account reopened or to have the block removed from the game account.

If you wish to access the Guild Wars 2 service going forward, you will need to purchase a serial code from another authorized retailer. A list of authorized retailers can be found here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers#UnitedStates-physical.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

I’ve given them all billing info of my credit card, bought from the official store, and sent them PDF proof that I was charged, then I got sent this.

My account was banned and I’ve been accused of using a stolen credit card to buy a fraudulent copy of the game.
- I’ve sent support the CC billing info, zip code, address etc. through my support ticket.
- Sent PDF copy of the confirmation from the bank that I was charged through my support ticket.
No response since they said I was using a stolen credit card on 11/11. It’s now November 14th, I’ve updated my ticket multiple times with helpful and useful information proving my innocence of the crimes (literally) Anet is accusing me of and proving they have my money.
At this point Anet has committed a fraud by taking my money and not delivering the product. I’d like the situation rectified as soon as possible and expect an apology for being accused of criminal actions when there was none, and being forced to wait days for an answer on a mistake completely made by ArenaNet who had no problem taking my money.

Then I got sent the permanent closure message (for the second time), and it told me to buy another copy.

Dear heavens, I’m so sorry! So, you were charged, you know the charge fully processed, and you were not refunded for that charge?

Yes, got confirmation from the bank when you spoke about some people having a pending charge, and again to check to make sure it hadn’t been refunded, and they sent me the PDF of the charges being processed which I forwarded to the support team.

I was so confident once they saw that, there’d be no issue, then I got the response from support posted above.

edit: This is the first I’m hearing it was voided. But the bank isn’t saying that as of today. Can I get some verification from Support or some proof it’s been voided from your company so I can take it up with the bank since there’s no record of that on their end.

(edited by bluerebelmedia.9514)

Prinzkaos.4052

Ok but i got banned for no reason and tehy asking me for that again. where do i install this? because they saying I alrdy did. so idk what to do anymore

Prinzkaos.4052

this is the msg that im getting
You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended Until you apply a retail serial code, you will be unable to continue playing gw2. please visit the reailer where you pre-purchased (witch i never did, i bought the whole game on gamestop)to obtain retail serial code

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Good news!

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

Dear heavens, I’m so sorry! So, you were charged, you know the charge fully processed, and you were not refunded for that charge?

Yes, got confirmation from the bank when you spoke about some people having a pending charge, and again to check to make sure it hadn’t been refunded, and they sent me the PDF of the charges being processed which I forwarded to the support team.

I was so confident once they saw that, there’d be no issue, then I got the response from support posted above.

edit: This is the first I’m hearing it was voided. But the bank isn’t saying that as of today. Can I get some verification from Support or some proof it’s been voided from your company so I can take it up with the bank since there’s no record of that on their end.

Yes, Support can provide you with that. Update your ticket to request it. (Thanks for the additional info.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Igopewpew.8693

Igopewpew.8693

Good news!

Isn’t it obvious that the problem is not on our side, or our financial institution, it’s on Anet’s side. How else did thousands of people get the exact same problem ? You’re not gonna claim it’s all their fault and their financial institutions right ? Come on it’s overly obvious that it’s Anet’s mistake so they have to rectify it. They took the money, yet they close the account. I had the bankaccount checked a while ago. No money has been refunded whatsoever. So whatever is the underlying issue, I’d like Anet to first of all apologize for accusing me of being a criminal (you didn’t do it but they did in the tickets) and secondly fix the issue I have instead of sending me copy/paste responds without looking into the individual case at all.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

this is the msg that im getting
You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended Until you apply a retail serial code, you will be unable to continue playing gw2. please visit the reailer where you pre-purchased (witch i never did, i bought the whole game on gamestop)to obtain retail serial code

Sounds like you have a trial code and not a full game code. Please talk to Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: bluerebelmedia.9514

bluerebelmedia.9514

As you instructed, I updated my ticket. I’ll check again with my bank, but I still don’t understand why it was voided or what the issue was. Valid card, official store. All this craziness and no explanation. I do appreciate your help, but I really don’t understand.

I agree with Igopewpew, but I’m going to give it the benefit of the doubt and check with the bank tomorrow, but if the money isn’t refunded in the next 48 hours I’ll be back.

And the card has been blocked to prevent me from buying the game.

I’ll stop posting so you can get to other replies.

This is a real shame though. I really wanted to play this game, and all this happens. The half day I played I really enjoyed it.

See ya later guys. Good luck.

(edited by bluerebelmedia.9514)

Posted by: Reese.9572

Reese.9572

This people are asking me for a Retailer serial code. What is that? can some1 help me plz and how do i get it? please help

I currently have the same problem. I recovered my account from support, and now it states that I the grace period has ended and I need to enter a serial key that I already did when I pre-purchased the game from Gamestop before the first BWE.

Prinzkaos.4052

Trial code???? I bought this game for 65$ cash and i even have a receipt. why you guys just restore my game back? is not my fault. i paid for a full game not a trial. and what is a 65$ trial holy kitten.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Good news!

Isn’t it obvious that the problem is not on our side, or our financial institution, it’s on Anet’s side. How else did thousands of people get the exact same problem ? You’re not gonna claim it’s all their fault and their financial institutions right ? Come on it’s overly obvious that it’s Anet’s mistake so they have to rectify it. They took the money, yet they close the account. I had the bankaccount checked a while ago. No money has been refunded whatsoever. So whatever is the underlying issue, I’d like Anet to first of all apologize for accusing me of being a criminal (you didn’t do it but they did in the tickets) and secondly fix the issue I have instead of sending me copy/paste responds without looking into the individual case at all.

Let’s be clear and fair here and not engage in wild speculation.

• If a purchase is refused, the customer is not charged.
  • If an account is closed, and if the purchase was made through our store, the purchase price is refunded.

I suppose there can be a lag between closure of the account and the visibility of the refund on a credit card statement, but the team is not simply randomly closing accounts and keeping the money.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Trial code???? I bought this game for 65$ cash and i even have a receipt. why you guys just restore my game back? is not my fault. i paid for a full game not a trial. and what is a 65$ trial holy kitten.

I am probably in error. At a glance that read like the message that trial account players are getting.

Please stop posting and contact Support. They are the only ones who can tell you what happened.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

As you instructed, I updated my ticket. I’ll check again with my bank, but I still don’t understand why it was voided or what the issue was. Valid card, official store. All this craziness and no explanation. I do appreciate your help, but I really don’t understand.

I agree with Igopewpew, but I’m going to give it the benefit of the doubt and check with the bank tomorrow, but if the money isn’t refunded in the next 48 hours I’ll be back.

And the card has been blocked to prevent me from buying the game.

I’ll stop posting so you can get to other replies.

This is a real shame though. I really wanted to play this game, and all this happens. The half day I played I really enjoyed it.

See ya later guys. Good luck.

I am very sorry, too. If you want to post in the 3-day and older thread, if you need to update, I’ll be sure to review this again. I’m sorry for this, and hope that it’s soon reconciled. (I see two purchases and maybe something triggered some sort of “anti-fraud” concerns, I just don’t know. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Igopewpew.8693

Good news!

Let’s be clear and fair here and not engage in wild speculation.

• If a purchase is refused, the customer is not charged.
  • If an account is closed, and if the purchase was made through our store, the purchase price is refunded.

I suppose there can be a lag between closure of the account and the visibility of the refund on a credit card statement, but the team is not simply randomly closing accounts and keeping the money.

That’s exactly it the purchase was NOT refused. Anet accepted my money and completed the entire purchase. making it final. Then they still banned my account for being “fraudulent” and nothing has been refunded since. The account has been closed for over a week. How long does it take to refund ? I had the account checked today and nothing has been refunded.

Posted by: Lion Guns.4961

Lion Guns.4961

I have created a ticket, updated it regularly, and sat tight for the better part of a week hoping for the best. My account was suspended on around the 8th and was later sent to the Payment Review Team. I later received an e-mail notifying me that my card had been stolen and the retailer I bought the game from was not legitimate … which is odd because it was the official Guild Wars 2 store.

After more back and forths of them telling me that I am a thief and stole my own card to purchase the game from an unauthorized seller I finally get a reply that states the only reason my account was closed was because the transaction was fraudulent. I have checked my bank accounts and I never cancelled any charges on my account, all the money is there I was simply just not charged. It is possible the money was pending and later dropped after it was not claimed, I only checked my account after my account was suspended so I don’t know for sure.

Regardless it seems I won’t be returning to this game, my card is forever blocked from their systems, my account is forever closed, and for what exactly? Because I thought buying the game from the online store would be faster and easier?

Attachments:

Posted by: uking.9312

uking.9312

thank you for restoring my account it took 1 day. guess they do believe me for what ive shown them. i gave them the complete info how am i doing with my character and i gave them screenies. dont lose hope errthing will be fine if you’re not guilty. thank you again!

Posted by: pngs.3798

pngs.3798

Good news!

I manage to get a refund from my seller so nothing is wrong
thnx! hope to work out for all of you too!

@Gaile Gray
Do you know why I get that error when I try to link my accounts?
“A server error has been encountered. Please wait a moment and try again.”
thnx

Posted by: Jist.7643

Jist.7643

My account is logged in right now, yet if i try to log in, its states my account is suspended. How is this possible? Gaile a reply from you would be most appriciated if you can get it in edgewise..

My account is a friend on my wife’s account, and my status is online at this very moment… in the status under contacts area is unknown..
Ticket#
121114-002644

Posted by: Archituethis.8274

Archituethis.8274

I received an email telling me my account has been restored but I am still unable to access the game with the new password. Please help me. Ticket: 121112-000627

Posted by: AndroidClone.1706

AndroidClone.1706

So, I guess telling the truth gets me an infraction. I said nothing that wasn’t true, offensive or rude. It’s the truth.

I would love to get a real response from a moderator on whether or not the company is intending on keeping the money they’ve taken from me.

If I wait days at a time to get a carbon copy e-mail and I get posts deleted on the forums what am I supposed to do? Please I’m BEGGING you. Help me understand what my options are.

If you paid cash for it at a store, then you are out of luck. If you used a CreditCard then you have options.

1. Keep working if ArenaNet and NCSoft.
2. Document all communications between you and the Anet/NCSoft.
3. If you feel you have been wronged, then you highly recommend contacting the Bank who issued your credit card about a possible dispute.
(Call customer service.)
4. You may have to file a dispute.

Now is the time for you to read up on the Fair credit billing act.
Also remember the FCBA, State Laws, and federal laws supersedes and End User Agreements or Code of conduct lists.

Know your rights! This is why I highly recommend using credit cards vs cash, especially when dealing with out of state companies.

Please be aware that doing a charge-back will result in account closure and the account will not be reinstated in the future. While I appreciate a level of frustration may make it tempting to go through that process, the repercussions are costly (and necessary) and I’d like players to consider continuing to work with our Support Team on these issues, particularly now that they have additional personnel doing reviews of “fraud” issues.

Hi Gaile,

I normally do not recommend charge backs unless if it’s the only option left on the table. In this case, the payment has been posted to NCSoft, and yet the account has been disabled for credit card fraud. The Fair Credit Bill Act is to get Banks more active in setting disputes, so it does not penalize the customer or the merchant. There is a communication break down between this person and NCSoft’s billing department and perhaps if a third party gets involved, it can be resolved quickly. Perhaps the Bank is in the process of recrediting the customer’s account.

I’m pretty sure that most people on this thread does not want their money back, they just want to be able to play GW2 again. It’s great that ArenaNet continues to create great games, it just unfortunate that simple things such as miscommunications can complicate such simple things as to purchase and just play the game.

Also, thanks for putting up with us irate customers! You and the support staff are doing a great job and I hope after this is all resovled, ANet rewards you with a handsome raise! Judging by the shear volume of your posts and work, you’ve sure earned it!

(Sorry for the typos, I’m on an Android Tablet.)

Prinzkaos.4052

Your serial code was already registered with a Guild Wars 2 account. Then why im getting this msg. You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended Until you apply a retail serial code, you will be unable to continue playing gw2. please visit the reailer where you pre-purchased. To obtain retail serial code. Can some1 help me plz. i never bought this game online or pre-order and i got my serial code. So why i can’t log in? I when from gold seller-gold buyer- account hacker to this now? Can some1 help me plz

Posted by: Walstyle.5169

Walstyle.5169

Your serial code was already registered with a Guild Wars 2 account. Then why im getting this msg. You have not applied a retail serial code to your account and the grace period has ended Until you apply a retail serial code, you will be unable to continue playing gw2. please visit the reailer where you pre-purchased. To obtain retail serial code. Can some1 help me plz. i never bought this game online or pre-order and i got my serial code. So why i can’t log in? I when from gold seller-gold buyer- account hacker to this now? Can some1 help me plz

Like Gaile suggested, you should open a support ticket because we can’t help you here.

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

Figured I’d post another time, since Gaile seems to be in this thread pretty often in the last while.

I’ve gotten a couple responses for my ticket (12113-000275). The subject was changed to ‘Access Restored’ a short while ago. However, and I’m putting this in caps so hopefully someone will see this and correct it,

I WAS GIVEN THE EMAIL ADDRESS AND A NEW PASSWORD FOR A VALID ACCOUNT THAT IS NOT MY OWN.

I cannot log into said account due to the email verification, but it is still a very big issue, considering this is not my account, and I can almost guarantee it is a valid Guild Wars 2 account, since it does go all the way through to the email verification.

I believe I was also given the 25-digit serial code associated with this account, the display name the account is using, and the owner’s date of birth.

Gaile, if you or someone besides ‘Rivas’, ‘Barrientos’, or ‘Carlos’ from the Support Team (since they were the ones who posted this incorrect information to my ticket) could take a look at this and clear it up, I’m sure both myself and whoever owns this other account would appreciate it.

Posted by: Jist.7643

Jist.7643

Aeri im so jelly, at least you can get a response at all and on top of that im not able to log in yet my account is logged on as we speak

Prinzkaos.4052

Thank you thank you whoever help me. i got in finally, thx whoever help me and thx you guys for yous support. and wish you all luck with your accounts

Posted by: Obsquacious.3524

Obsquacious.3524

How can this company expect patience from anyone? I was banned for no reason two days ago, and have not been contacted at all by anyone about this issue. They refuse to do a press release, because I supposed they’re embarrassed. All I can do is sit here in this thread and complain, while I am unable to access the game I paid $60 for. This is beyond ridiculous.

Is there any chance someone will simply refund my money, and I can go on my way without having to deal with this company any more? At this point that would be my preferred way to see this situation resolved.

Can I at least get a private message from an admin of some sort, or an OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT of some sort admitting there is a problem?

Are you just going to treat us like garbage, and pretend that there is nothing wrong and punish us?

Even if it is going to take a while to fix your mistakes, you could at LEAST own up to them in the meantime.

Please unban me, I do not bot in any way.

[Incident: 121113-000120]?

Posted by: Chimaster.8165

Chimaster.8165

I was suspended for no reason, I re-read the Rules of Conduct (twice). I sent in a ticket and I’m getting impatient, I have a wvwvw night with my guild…
P.S. I wasn’t told why I was suspended hence “I was suspended for no reason” (Yes, I just quoted myself)

Posted by: Miracle.7546

Miracle.7546

this post i make for my friend cuz his account cant log in forum( he got grace period ended).
my friend got false banned cuz botting and after 3 days for submitting ticket, finally his account was " access retored ", support team give him new password and then he log in, here is the problem he recieve the error( picture ).
he doesnt know what is retail serial code.Is it the code when u pre-purchased game ?
so now what should he do ? send support team a ticket with the series code that he recieved when he bought the game ?

Attachments:

Reese.9572

this post i make for my friend cuz his account cant log in forum( he got grace period ended).
my friend got false banned cuz botting and after 3 days for submitting ticket, finally his account was " access retored ", support team give him new password and then he log in, here is the problem he recieve the error( picture ).
he doesnt know what is retail serial code.Is it the code when u pre-purchased game ?
so now what should he do ? send support team a ticket with the series code that he recieved when he bought the game ?

I’m having the same problem as him, and I just updated the ticket that was restoring my account because I was falsely banned for “botting”.

Miracle.7546

I’m having the same problem as him, and I just updated the ticket that was restoring my account because I was falsely banned for “botting”.

so he just need to updated his ticket with sending the series code he purchased the game ?

Reese.9572

so he just need to updated his ticket with sending the series code he purchased the game ?

I’m still waiting for my response about the problem, but that should be the right thing to do.

Miracle.7546

I’m still waiting for my response about the problem, but that should be the right thing to do.

oh wait, if u got same problem as my friend, how can u still login forum and make post ?
because my friend cant log in his account to forum( website is okay, he can log for changing password)but when he enters forum he got error " Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2. "

Reese.9572

oh wait, if u got same problem as my friend, how can u still login forum and make post ?
because my friend cant log in his account to forum( website is okay, he can log for changing password)but when he enters forum he got error " Login Error: You do not have access to Guild Wars 2. "

Sorry, my problem right now is that I can log in to the game, but I’m quickly stopped by the grace period/cannot authenticate credentials problem.

Igopewpew.8693

Nvm this post. Still waiting on a solution, 8’th day has started and the progress I made is getting an block on the credit card… awesome support.

Reese.9572

Unless there’s currently some trouble with account pages…. it seems that ArenaNet was not able to deal with my issue so they decided to ban/block me completely from using the account pages such as “My stuff”. When trying to reach the page it says : There has been an error with your request. And I tried it on multiple connections so it’s not my connection. It’s either their site or they just blocked me after taking my money, and claiming my purchase was a fraud while they accepted the money and the payment was successful.

I just recently had this problem as well. I cannot access My Stuff or look at the Answers on the support site, when it was working fine 10 minutes ago.

Igopewpew.8693

Unless there’s currently some trouble with account pages…. it seems that ArenaNet was not able to deal with my issue so they decided to ban/block me completely from using the account pages such as “My stuff”. When trying to reach the page it says : There has been an error with your request. And I tried it on multiple connections so it’s not my connection. It’s either their site or they just blocked me after taking my money, and claiming my purchase was a fraud while they accepted the money and the payment was successful.

I just recently had this problem as well. I cannot access My Stuff or look at the Answers on the support site, when it was working fine 10 minutes ago.

Should work now

Posted by: Val.8312

Val.8312

Good to see Gaile back again – I understand that it’s hard to keep everyone updated and happy so I’m pleased to see her post.

Most of the good news posts have been from this fraud issue and I haven’t read a lot of success stories from these incorrectly banned accounts labeled as bots. I am going from optimism to pessimism and back again as I wait patiently for a response.

I still can’t work out why my account was labeled as this though so I’m very concerned that once I get my account back it will get flagged again unless I change … something?? It would be nice if someone from AN comes out and says it was a problem with their antibotting procedures and they have resolved it so accounts won’t get falsely flagged again, just so I don’t freak out every time something happens in game. (provided I get back on – which I’m hopeful the truth will come out and prove I’m not botting)

Ticket: 121113-001461

Posted by: Callipygous.9438

Callipygous.9438

So, are you guys planning on issuing an apology to the people you banned without just cause? Or do you intend to forgo basic manners in favor of pretending you don’t have a problem?

Posted by: Little.1635

Little.1635

I am not sure how much legal action is possible from within Europe. Legally i know what they do is wrong but their offices are in another country. Starting to consider to call my legal insurance and have them figure it out.

please do!!! i did not spend 8-12hrs a day since i bought this game just to get banned for playing it. Also refunds are out of the question since YOU CANT REFUND 2months of time and effort you spend on your char.

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

Good to see Gaile back again – I understand that it’s hard to keep everyone updated and happy so I’m pleased to see her post.

Most of the good news posts have been from this fraud issue and I haven’t read a lot of success stories from these incorrectly banned accounts labeled as bots. I am going from optimism to pessimism and back again as I wait patiently for a response.

I still can’t work out why my account was labeled as this though so I’m very concerned that once I get my account back it will get flagged again unless I change … something?? It would be nice if someone from AN comes out and says it was a problem with their antibotting procedures and they have resolved it so accounts won’t get falsely flagged again, just so I don’t freak out every time something happens in game. (provided I get back on – which I’m hopeful the truth will come out and prove I’m not botting)

I am one of the victims of the Bot banning scandal =) I have an update.. I didn’t get my account back yet but I did get a response from support asking to verify my account information. and it was approx 30 hours after my original submission. I’m sure theyre slammed because..I included all that info already in my ticket, but it IS progress.

Bott banned folks keep an eye on your email they seem to have some type of method in place. GL. I’ll let ya know when/if I get back in

Reese.9572

I am one of the victims of the Bot banning scandal =) I have an update.. I didn’t get my account back yet but I did get a response from support asking to verify my account information. and it was approx 30 hours after my original submission. I’m sure theyre slammed because..I included all that info already in my ticket, but it IS progress.

Bott banned folks keep an eye on your email they seem to have some type of method in place. GL. I’ll let ya know when/if I get back in

A few hours ago, I got my account restored, but now I have a problem with not having authorization to play.

Posted by: Jonathan.1580

Jonathan.1580

A few hours ago, I got my account restored, but now I have a problem with not having authorization to play.

oh good lord

Posted by: Corwin.4120

Corwin.4120

my account terminated over 144hrs now.
still no reponse about ‘botting under review’.
im so tired. why so slow to progress.
i have no idea they have been actuallay doing review or not.
it seems like i can’t participate in Lost shore event.
i feel frustrated so hard.

Posted by: Val.8312

Val.8312

Cheers mate, grats on the progress

Posted by: Azumisaki.5436

Azumisaki.5436

finally i got back my account, was false banned for botting, the thing i can share u guys that submit ticket and give them more information about your account/issue as u can, thats will help them alot to do on your case, after submit ticket just relax and wait for their response ( its around 3days for normal, atleast for me).
thank for reading and hope u guys can get back ur account soon.

Yoonie – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

I was hit with the botting ban, and have received a couple of replies so far from the support team. Actually, I’m sitting at 5 different team members responding, without anything actually getting resolved:

First time was asking for more information, then the same person inserting someone else’s account info into my ticket for no apparent reason.

After replying to this response, stating that said information wasn’t for my account, a 2nd support team employee responded asking for additional information.

Third response, from yet another employee, was giving an “Access Restored” message for the account that was not mine in the first place. This account name and password provided appeared to be a functioning account, since it sent me to the email validation prompt when trying it through the launcher. As I don’t have access to said email account, however, I can’t verify the login, so it should hopefully not affect the rightful account owner.

The 4TH response was yet another “Access Restored” message, this time for my correct account name. However, this appeared to do nothing, as the password provided just brings up an invalid account/password combination. can still logon to the forums using my old password, and when trying it in the game launcher, I still receive the message that I was banned for botting.

Finally, the 5th response, which was 3 hours ago, was a 3RD “Access Restored” message. This time, they had changed the account name, and given me another random password. However, neither the new account name, nor the password worked. I DID receive an email – at the address my account is registered under – that was ‘confirming a new email address for your Guild Wars account’, but it apparently did nothing as well.

Wondering if I can make it up to 10 different support employees responding before my issue actually gets fixed or not. =/