Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kieser Soze.8561

Kieser Soze.8561

They do auto kick afk folks, but we don’t know how they measure afk.

Auto attack is part of the game build, I don’t think that should be a problem.

There are other things in the game to do that does not involve “moving”.

My wife spends time applying dye to her character’s clothing. No matter how much time she spends applying dye, I don’t think she would be or should be considered to be afk.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Response GM Bunni3 via Email 11/06/2012 09:23 AM
Hello Lee,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Upon further investigation of your issue, we have found that your purchase of Guild Wars 2 has been chargedback. As a result of the chargeback, the game account associated with the purchase has been closed and the credit or debit card used in the transaction has been blocked and will not be available for use with NCsoft in the future.

Our decision to close an account in the event of a chargeback is the result of both regulations set forth by our credit transactions services provider as well as the fees involved with a chargeback that NCsoft incurs as a result of the chargeback.

The issuer of the card will only process a chargeback if the credit card owner has already attempted to resolve the billing dispute with the company making the transaction without success.

Please be aware that NCsoft support has no record of any requests for assistance regarding billing issues from either the owner of the credit card or the person who created this game account prior to the credit card dispute.

Regards,
GM Bunni3

What do our GM mean by this reply? My account is stil blocked/suspended. Are they still investigating or is my case closed for good?

Your account is closed and the debit/credit card associated with that GW2 account is blocked for chargeback. it says that in the first paragraph.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: rohff.4816

rohff.4816

I was saying that because its maybe whats called unattended playing. My charactere keeps shooting the champion in autoattack mode and i dont move the mouse or do anything.. And sometimes that champ dont die for more than 5 mins.
Im talking about the Abomination champ in Orr.
I got banned 1-2 mins after having done this with Gladiator champion. I placed myself in a good area and start the autoattack with doubleclicking the champ and went afk till he is dead, but the gladiator die faster than abomination.
Recently i was excessively farming karma and they tough i was a bot…
I dont know but i want help please.
Ticket#: 121107-000612
Gaile please help me, please.

(edited by rohff.4816)

Posted by: Emsel.6702

Emsel.6702

Yes, my status is still under waiting. It has been suspended for some time. My ticket is still open.

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

After playing all afternoon yesterday (November 6) I logged in in the evening to find my account had been permanently closed due to botting etc. I have no idea what botting is, I do not use macros and I have not logged in and left the game unattended which are other reeasons listed on the banned screen. This was very upsetting as I had five characters (highest level 48) with whom I had been playing since the beginning of September. I sincerely hope that my account is re-instated and will follow the advice given to keep logging in every so often. I have raised a ticket with support and hope that things are resolved quickly. Logged in again this morning and still blocked.

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

After playing all afternoon yesterday (November 6) I logged in in the evening to find my account had been permanently closed due to botting etc. I have no idea what botting is, I do not use macros and I have not logged in and left the game unattended which are other reeasons listed on the banned screen. This was very upsetting as I had five characters (highest level 48) with whom I had been playing since the beginning of September. I sincerely hope that my account is re-instated and will follow the advice given to keep logging in every so often. I have raised a ticket with support and hope that things are resolved quickly. Logged in again this morning and still blocked.

Posted by: creny.6273

creny.6273

Seems problem is just getting worst by time passing so far, the Anet image i had is getting from good to worst in just 2 days, ppl keep getting banned and not even one response from the support so far more time they expend more time we ended without doing daily wasting jugs of karma and being arround friends or doing stuff we love, worst thing one person can lose is time and that what is exactly is happening atm.

Posted by: RandALThor.7182

RandALThor.7182

My Friend account got banned about yesterday morning i think, He doesn’t even understand english so chat abusive is out, I open a Cafe shop so Third party programe is out too as we always play together, Buy Sell gold, Never got involve althought we both did receive mail about selling gold but we never reply them we even delete them. Been waiting for response. Hope it got sorted out soon, cause this is actually wasting precious leveling time… 121106-000703

Posted by: nzhu.4382

nzhu.4382

I’m an oceanic player,because of the very bad lag(worse than your thought). I play gw2 by using vpn. Today when i log in ,I found my account blocked for engaging in or assisting with gold or item sales for real-world money. I can promise i never ever did these things ! please reply my question as soon as possible. surpport ticket number121107-000620.
waiting for good news. ty.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

Got banned for botting today.

I have played Guild Wars for 8 years and never used anything remotely close to botting, I never automated my game for anything. I don’t even use mouse macros(I actually used 10k candy, party and alcohol items MANUALLY without the use of macros to get the GWAMM, go figure).

The only 3rd party program I ever used was Texmod in GW1 for carography, and nobody was ever banned for using that program.

I have played 7000 hours of GW1 and 900 hours of GW2 without using any bots or macros or anything even remotely similar to that.

Nothing I’ve done in this game or GW1 could be mistaken for botting. I always talk with people when I play, when I farm I run different routes, I never stand in one place attacking something, I don’t really believe it’s possible for any of this behavior to trigger “accidental false-positives” because none of this behavior has anything in common with bot behavior unless the methods for detecting bots are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. The only thing that seems reasonable to me is that someone slipped and pressed the wrong button when checking my account. I own a legendary weapon and people probably reported me for all sorts of things, yesterday someone typed in map chat “if you’re rich send me 5s” so I sent him 50s, I don’t think this is something a bot would do but people do stupid things when you let them.

I report bots every day when I see them, I saw bots weeks ago standing in one spot, teleporting around to pick up loot, and what happened to them? They were still botting on the same spot yesterday.

Or maybe it’s because I play the game 12 hours per day? And I do mean actual playing. I usually start playing GW2 1-2 hours after waking up and shut it down when I go to bed, with occasionally a few hours of dota 2 or planetside 2 in between.

However the last week I’ve been playing a lot less due to RL issues. Yesterday I only played for a couple of hours to get my daily achievements(my first daily in 1-2 weeks), the day before that the only things I did was 2 hours of WvW then 2-3 hours of dungeons. I didn’t even do any farming so there’s no way it could be mistaken for botting.

I use an authenticator so there’s no way someone else could have botted on my account.

This is a really big facepalm moment.

I sent in a ticket with ID 121107-000890

Also this is the 3rd time an issue with the detection system prevented me from playing, please stop doing this. I want to play the game, why do you not want me to play it?

I’ll edit this post when this is fixed.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: Barcas.7463

Barcas.7463

Also got the blocking! 70% of the time i play WvWvW or PVP. Was in a party on the “ground kitten #8221; game shut down..and me say i use a bot and other forbidden things .. shock! If I were a malicious intruder or a thief ! How can we continue this game if you per second at any time can be locked!

Barcas.7463

Remaining current bitterness of wasted time without saving in history!
In blog and Facebook i write wrote the wait future players.

(edited by Barcas.7463)

Kieser Soze.8561

121107-000540

I’m curious. The folks that got labeled as a botter by anet.
Did you also report bots?
Every time my wife & I came across bots we reported them.
I wonder if this is the way Anet is telling us thank you by terminating our accounts for doing the due diligence of reporting.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

121107-000540

I’m curious. The folks that got labeled as a botter by anet.
Did you also report bots?
Every time my wife & I came across bots we reported them.
I wonder if this is the way Anet is telling us thank you by terminating our accounts for doing the due diligence of reporting.

I’ve probably reported over 500 bots I came across ingame, I also try to strike up conversations with my favorite bots after I see them still doing the same thing 14 days after first spotting them by saying hi to them, but only 1 ever responded. All bots have supervisors attending the farms and one time I caught one of them checking the bot while it was running so I exchanged a few words with the operator, but he did have very poor English, I think he was trying to tell me “a friend was playing his character” Must have been an awesome friend to play that character 24 hours per day and always run the exact same path and magically teleport to corpses. He did compliment me on my legendary bow though, which was nice of him, but he probably got banned as he disappeared from the location a few days later. I also emailed lists of the ones that were still there after 2-3 weeks botting 24/7 to arenanet directly.

Maybe it’s because I main a ranger.

We all know what people think about rangers.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

Posted by: inactivehyperaddict.6759

inactivehyperaddict.6759

Am still waiting patiently for a response for my ticket…could it be a prank report that got us banned as botters because of that report user button, but im not sure how that thing work too, i only see it in mail especially if there are gold sellers spamming msgs in my mailbox?? it’s really almost impossible for accounts to be hacked now i assume because of the log in authentications and what not…i don’t know how long i’m gonna wait for this to be fixed but it’s really frustrating…i even talk a lot with my friends in-game so this is really maddening. dunno who else to talk to regarding this matter but since it’s already up in the forums im sure this’ll get fixed in time…but i really am starting to get worried to death knowing my account is permanently banned because of an issue i did not commit and it’s depressing…

forgot to post my ticket again
121107-000684
121107-000588

(edited by inactivehyperaddict.6759)

Barcas.7463

I played more than 10 IMO and this is nowhere seen! Suggest just forget about this game.

Posted by: deni.3609

deni.3609

Have been suspended since 30th of October, submitted a ticket 121030-000601 the same day. But now it have been quite a while, but I didn’t get any answer on what is wrong with my account, will I be able to use it or anything else.. I have even made a duplicate ticket (which I feel sorry for now), but still no asnwer.. Is such a long time waiting for a answer is normal?

Posted by: JasonLow.9108

JasonLow.9108

I’m experiencing the same issue as everyone here, just recently bought the game and got excited to play.. After playing for what… 5,6 to 7 days my account got banned for ‘botting’. I have never done any form of botting in this game before and got my account shut down permantly.
My ticket number is 121106-000457 and I’m still waiting for their reply. Please fix this soon Anet.

Kieser Soze.8561

121107-000540
This is getting really annoying, I had to use my sons account to post & open a ticket for my wife’s & my account.

When the issue happened I nor my wife were able to use our accounts to log in to support to contest our accounts being terminated due to botting.
After reading Jasonlow’s post, my wife asked “how are these people able to post if there accounts are banned like ours”.
Logically, we tried our accounts to log on to the website and now we are able to go to support.

Would be nice if they were consistent.

Problem now is. Do I open new tickets on our accounts or just wait on the original ticket submitted my sons account.

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

121107-000540
Problem now is. Do I open new tickets on our accounts or just wait on the original ticket submitted my sons account.

Maybe it is better to open a new ticket from the suspended accounts. I guess this has much more visibility than a generic “son’s appeal”.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: Veydis.6702

Veydis.6702

ticket# 121106-000508

Forgot my Character names on ticket

Veydiss, Veyjack, Veeger (miht have spelling somewhat off on last one my enjineer)

submiited ticket 2 nights ago

Posted by: creny.6273

creny.6273

Im reposting my ticket number tho doubt they actually will do anything seems they just gonna let this continue happening.
121105-002384

Posted by: mherren.7560

mherren.7560

I wonder if this ban on botting affected as many players as the one in August banning people for a variety of things but affected 3,000 players. From the forums postings here, it seems to be a rather large issue. They did state in an earlier post on this thread that they will not be monitoring this thread for tickets its just a venting thread I think. I am speculating they rolled out an automated system to try to get the bots out of the game and it isn’t working properly. I certainly hope that they compensate us for being wrongfully accused of botting for those who were just playing normally but stepped away for a bit to get a drink or use the bathroom. I also hope they get on the ball and resolve it quickly so we can resume playing our characters and buying gems. The true bots have long names made up of random letters and run around in circles killing anything and everything in a small area. Those bots I am sure are still playing while we real players sit in the ban box. We can only hope they decide to not use an automated system but live humans to review and ban real bots and not us real players.

(edited by mherren.7560)

Kieser Soze.8561

I wonder if this ban on botting affected as many players as the one in August banning people for a variety of things but affected 3,000 players. From the forums postings here, it seems to be a rather large issue. They did state in an earlier post on this thread that they will not be monitoring this thread for tickets its just a venting thread I think. I am speculating they rolled out an automated system to try to get the bots out of the game and it isn’t working properly. I certainly hope that they compensate us for being wrongfully accused of botting for those who were just playing normally but stepped away for a bit to get a drink or use the bathroom. I also hope they get on the ball and resolve it quickly so we can resume playing our characters and buying gems.

121107-000540
Its not so much that folk were afk that is the issue. My wife & I were actively playing while doing an event. near the completion of the event, my screen goes black, about a second or so later my wife’s screen goes black as well.

after restarting guild wars 2 we got that darn message about botting.
The only idle time either of us have done is the same as everyone else.
Standing in front of a merchant, trade posting, repairing armor, applying dye and/or looking @ the map.

(edited by Kieser Soze.8561)

Posted by: TheKnight.1543

TheKnight.1543

I have not read the entire post for it is too long but I have read most of the start.

Two days ago my account was terminated for botting etc. I do not know how to bot even if I wanted to and I do not sell gold or even talk much in chat let alone offend someone.

I would really like to know what happened. Did other people just reported me a lot for something I didn’t do? And in this case ArenaNet should not ban without contacting me first. Or was it simply a mistake by ArenaNet? This also should not be happening.

I can log in now and everything is in place so my account was definitely not hacked, they would have taken gold within minutes.

I’m online in GW2 most hours everyday and for me to lose 2 days is a big issue and playing the game will not be the same now since I know I can be banned at anytime without warning.

Also I can see now that ArenaNet has no official place to give a complaint. This is very unacceptable for such a big international online game. You need to have officials in game looking out for bots and gold sellers and not rely on kids playing the game who can ruin it for others by being jerks.

Posted by: TheKnight.1543

TheKnight.1543

Also I want to add I have seen a player just 2 days ago who I know for sure was botting and many people have reported him. Why is he still in the game when so many of us who are not botting have been perma-banned for it.

Posted by: Baozai.3817

Baozai.3817

It seems to me that a mere report for anything would get you banned without an investigation or conformation.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Well i got ban my self not sure what to do at this point any suggestion?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Kieser Soze.8561

121107-000540
Sadly we are @ the mercy of anet. Open a ticket and wait is the general action

Barcas.7463

121107-000540

Apply to the court ?(

Jski.6180

121107-000540

I did this but i had to make an support account (i hope i did it right not sure why account in game is different but its there system) i guess i some what look like a bot i cant spell so ppl tend to think me something else in game. I also spam sell on the TP well when i am unloading items to the point of getting error. Of cores it could be more then just botting i have been “mean” at times but i tried to not be crazy bad.

Well i have things to do today i just hope i do not need to be here in real time for this support.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Barcas.7463

Facebook people write about this issue on their official website and they remove these messages! They have become arrogant! I will help to create a forum for each topic to show what is happening!

Barcas.7463

If me ban guys plz repost !

Posted by: Inkwizytor.3107

Inkwizytor.3107

Dear crew of Arena.net,

I’m writting here, because noone of you, asked me since 2 days in support point. According to the information which I get, I’m contating with You. My account was suspended without any reason. The information after login in is incorrect, because i didnt’t broke gaming policy. I’m shocked now and very sad, becuase this situation, because I’m the guild master of the largerst national guild on my server. My people still asking about me and I don’t know how to answer them. Please tell two things:
1) Why ma account was suspendend? I didn’t remember that I was doing something wrong,
2) When the time of suspend ends or is it a pernament ban?

I’m very worried. Waiting for Your respond.

Your faithfully,
Player…

Posted by: sid vicious.2510

sid vicious.2510

Just got a Blocked/suspended/terminated ban as well for god knows what reason.
Its not nice being accused of something that you haven’t done and then not shown any evidence that you have done it.

Kieser Soze.8561

Just got a Blocked/suspended/terminated ban as well for god knows what reason.
Its not nice being accused of something that you haven’t done and then not shown any evidence that you have done it.

121107-000540
Welcome to the club, sad but at least were are not alone.

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

Response GM Bunni3 via Email 11/06/2012 09:23 AM
Hello Lee,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Upon further investigation of your issue, we have found that your purchase of Guild Wars 2 has been chargedback. As a result of the chargeback, the game account associated with the purchase has been closed and the credit or debit card used in the transaction has been blocked and will not be available for use with NCsoft in the future.

Our decision to close an account in the event of a chargeback is the result of both regulations set forth by our credit transactions services provider as well as the fees involved with a chargeback that NCsoft incurs as a result of the chargeback.

The issuer of the card will only process a chargeback if the credit card owner has already attempted to resolve the billing dispute with the company making the transaction without success.

Please be aware that NCsoft support has no record of any requests for assistance regarding billing issues from either the owner of the credit card or the person who created this game account prior to the credit card dispute.

Regards,
GM Bunni3

What do our GM mean by this reply? My account is stil blocked/suspended. Are they still investigating or is my case closed for good?

Your account is locked because the payment for the game key present on your account has been reversed by the creditcard company originally used to purchase it. What this means for Arenanet is that not only is your account now an unpaid for product (since the money paid for it has been taken from them), they also incur chargeback fees from the creditcard company each time a chargeback is issued, which means your account has just cost them money.

Now, chances are you’re probably confused and annoyed because you didn’t initiate any chargebacks and as far as you know your copy of the game is properly paid for. However I’m guessing you didn’t purchase the game from buy.guildwars.com firsthand, but that you got yours from an online reseller instead. The problem with those places, in particular sites like ebay and game key stores is that their keys come from a wide variety of sources and not all of them are completely legit.

Something that few players are aware of is that game keys have become a popular way for criminals to launder money. What they do is they use stolen creditcard details to buy large amounts of digital keys from a game’s official store and then sell those on to ebay traders and game key stores, who in turn sell them on to players at attractive prices. Because it takes time for the fraudulent purchases to be discovered (which can sometimes take weeks or even months if the creditcard owners aren’t paying attention to their bills), most of those keys will be turned into active accounts long before the game company can disable them, which means the players think the keys are fine and the inevitable account ban comes as a complete surprise.

The problem with this type of situation is that it’s very difficult for Arenanet to know what is actually going on. If you look at this from their point of view, all they know is that someone purchased a key from gw2.com, that key was used to create an account and then the purchase got charged back – they have no way of knowing whether you are responsible for all 3 of those steps yourself or whether there was any reselling or scamming going on. As a result the GM could only state the facts and the course of events and that your account is locked.

What he perhaps should have mentioned or linked to was the responses some people have been getting, from Gaile Grey for example, that in the case that you have been sold a fraudulent key you can get your account reinstated if you contact support to explain the situation AND buy a new game key from an official retailer to add to your account. To avoid paying for the game twice you’re advised to contact the seller you purchased the first key from and try and get a refund from them. Obviously I would also suggest never doing business with them again.

If you didn’t buy your game from a third party reseller at all, but got it yourself from buy.guildwars2.com, then make sure your bank or creditcard company haven’t made a mistake. If someone else gave you the key or if someone let you purchase it with their creditcard (or you have a creditcard shared among family), then make sure to also check with those people to make sure they didn’t reverse the transaction by accident. If it was a mistake then the same thing applies as above, you’ll need to get a new key and plead with support to get the account reinstated.

I wish you good luck, and hope you can get your account reinstated.

(edited by Amarinth.8534)

Jski.6180

Dear crew of Arena.net,

I’m writting here, because noone of you, asked me since 2 days in support point. According to the information which I get, I’m contating with You. My account was suspended without any reason. The information after login in is incorrect, because i didnt’t broke gaming policy. I’m shocked now and very sad, becuase this situation, because I’m the guild master of the largerst national guild on my server. My people still asking about me and I don’t know how to answer them. Please tell two things:
1) Why ma account was suspendend? I didn’t remember that I was doing something wrong,
2) When the time of suspend ends or is it a pernament ban?

I’m very worried. Waiting for Your respond.

Your faithfully,
Player…

I hope it dose not take 2 days + for both yours and my its very depressing if it dose. I think it will tell you when you try to log in my is saying account closed pernament. No warnings no heads up that i was doing any thing wrong or why i was ban so i am at a lost. Its not like i hate them for this (major out cry vs bot makes game makers very fast to use ban hammer) i am just disappointed.

Posted by: Teldec V.6203

Teldec V.6203

It’s now day three of my ban for supposed botting, macros etc. I’ve had one response from support asking for more account details and nothing more after that. Hope this get sorted out before the weekend. Sad state of affairs for many.

Teldec – SoS

Posted by: Evisceration.8107

Evisceration.8107

If they really didn’t like AFKers, they could just auto-kick players who are afk for a given amount of time…

They already do. I guess that isn’t good enough.

Posted by: MANy.2971

MANy.2971

Account has been banned for botting. I don’t bot. I don’t use macros. I don’t use any kind of automation software. Please help!!!
Ticket# 121106-002931

Posted by: hnster.7936

hnster.7936

Account has been banned About 10 mins ago for botting. I don’t bot. I don’t use macros. I don’t use any kind of automation software, I do the play the game quite a few hrs a day.

Just because I do the same stuff every day I get banned for botting.

Ticket #121107-001855

I would be greatful if some one could look into this for me, Thanks

(edited by hnster.7936)

Posted by: Teldec V.6203

Teldec V.6203

Account has been banned About 10 mins ago for botting. I don’t bot. I don’t use macros. I don’t use any kind of automation software, I do the play the game quite a few hrs a day.

Just because I do the same stuff every day I get banned for botting.

I would be greatful if some one could look into this for me, Thanks

Make sure you open up a support ticket mate, you won’t get your account back otherwise.

Teldec – SoS

hnster.7936

I have 4 lvl 80 characters and 1 lvl 43, I collect all the ore and trees with my lvl 80s then I go back to my lvl 43 and lvl him up.

I play the game with my brother and we do have some characters the same, we do run around together.

Does anybody know how long it takes for them to get back to you, Thanks

Posted by: Pui.6794

Pui.6794

Why my account is blocked ?? I didn’t use any botting. Please check it clearly.
In 05/11/2012, I really see many botting in one place(10 above), and I report them, but why my account is blocked now? I am really angry for this. I had bought many gem to play this game, but you ban my account that i did’t use botting or bug. Also, the support have no one reply me.

Report botting > Ban my account …What the….

Posted by: mherren.7560

mherren.7560

From posts here in the forums it seems that response time is situational, from a few hours up to a week.

hnster.7936

Thanks Mherren for your quick reply.

hnster.7936

Pui what do you mean by the (10 above) ?

Posted by: Triagon.1843

Triagon.1843

I had my account closed too with same reason, and never used macro or chetaed or bot, anythin, neither had my char in autorun to not disconnect.
How do i open a ticket?

Posted by: Triagon.1843

Triagon.1843

I had mine blocked too today and never used macro bot or similar, how do i open a ticket?