in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: desertdesert.7634

desertdesert.7634

#121109-002963

Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

Posted by: Callipygous.9438

Callipygous.9438

I’ve unfortunately been banned for botting, for the first time in any MMO ever. It’s a little insulting honestly since I think botters are pretty much jerks, but I understand that it was probably just a mix up and I triggered some sort of algorithm designed to stop botters. I’m pretty hopeful since a lot of people are saying they’re getting reinstated after they appeal their ban, but I know that the weekend is lost over it. Oh well

Since it was stated that this may speed up the process at the beginning of the thread, my ticket number is #121110-002676. Hoping for a speedy recovery of my account, thank you!

EDIT: Oh well, at least I can still Civ 5!

(edited by Callipygous.9438)

Posted by: gladiatorKG.8123

gladiatorKG.8123

Lol what a funny post, yes you and the other over 9000 ppl. Randomly hit with ban

Grand Marshal Ida – Marauder
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

I was sitting playing today and my account got banned for botting or something. I was playing Guild Wars 2 with my girlfriend on our new MSI gaming laptops (that we bought just to play Guild Wars 2!!!!!) and now I got terminated. I have never botted EVER!!!!! And have years of Guild Wars1 gameplay under my belt and linked acccounts and now this happens!?!?! I am pissed!!! Grrrr!!!!

Error code: 45:6:3:2114

Dime Baggins.1058

Me too!! This sux….

Attachments:

Posted by: Fumetsu.7359

Fumetsu.7359

My account was suspended for no reason and GW2 customer support is pretty much useless!
What can I do to get my account back to normal?

Dime Baggins.1058

Wrongful Account Termination – Please help!!!

Support Ticket # 121110-002927

Posted by: Reinth.1498

Reinth.1498

Submit a ticket, wait and see. I am actually quite relieved that it wasn’t happening only to me, so this is definitely the system’s problem. Let this happened only this once A-Net, we do want our account back freed but also we do need you to avoid this kind of thing from happening again.

It’s not a question of can or can’t. There are some things in life you just do.

Posted by: notsid.6873

notsid.6873

I’m in the same boat.

I used to make a game of seeing if i could find and report 20 no-doubt-about it, true blue bots a day. It just seems weird that I’d be picked out wrongly for botting myself.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

Submit a ticket, wait and see. I am actually quite relieved that it wasn’t happening only to me, so this is definitely the system’s problem. Let this happened only this once A-Net, we do want our account back freed but also we do need you to avoid this kind of thing from happening again.

Yeah in a sense I’m relieved it’s not only me or otherwise we would run the risk of us being permanently banned for A-Nets screw up. I’ve given up on getting an answer today so I’m not going check back until tomorrow….but something tells me I wont be able to play until Monday. :/

Dime Baggins.1058

Support Ticket #: 121110-002927

Dime Baggins.1058

Support Ticket #: 121110-002927

Posted by: karrak.3598

karrak.3598

The support not working today… Theres no reply on 3 days and older ticket post on forum for more than a day from mods…

“NCsoft has no obligation to explain any decision…” 5.d.i Conduct Rules!

karrak.3598

Welcome to this section… you and more than 9000 ppl waiting for any reply from support…

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Its happening since quiete a while. Just this time it hit many people. Before just some every now and than.
Its a serious issue – and sorry if im loosing my temper – but ArenaNets Support is the worst one i ever experienced anywhere.
At my job id be fired at once offering such support. They wont even let me take my belongings, thats how bad it is.

D.

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

2 days now and no response yet. This is frustrating as hell

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

Posted by: metalfingerbass.1826

metalfingerbass.1826

Now, after 3 days, I received an email stating that my account has been restored but when I try to login my account, it still says "We have detected that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual " . Something is very wrong with ArenaNet’s system

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

With as many people being falsely banned as there are, it is quite shocking that there has been no official word from ArenaNet in a bigger announcement type format. This is getting absolutely silly. I have been banned for nearly 2 days now and I have seen probably over 100 people post on this forum about being falsely accused. Now obviously there is some people who are really bots and I don’t blame ArenaNet for taking their time to reinstate accounts that were banned prematurely, but this is getting out of hand. It is unacceptable for any MMO developer to ban people from a service like this without any form of compensation. People should at least get some free gems out of this or something. I am being patient as I possibly can.

It is very scary and stressful to think that I could be banned forever from a game I enjoy for something I did not do. I know, being innocent, I should not worry about it..but it is hard not to. I know there are a lot of other people in the same boat as me, who know they are innocent but are scared they won’t get unbanned. Sure, ArenaNet tells us that if we are innocent our account will be restored…but in that case; why were we banned in the first place? If they can prove our innocence, shouldn’t they have been able to do that in the first place?

Posted by: squall.7093

squall.7093

Just wanted to share my very recent experienced. Around 12 pm my game just stopped working and when I tried to re log I apparently was banned for botting. I’ve never owned an illegal program..nor do I even know how to use one! I submitted a ticket.. or 3. Still waiting on a response… sigh I guess I can’t farm events in Orr anymore! Which is basically the only place to really farm good karma.

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

With as many people being falsely banned as there are, it is quite shocking that there has been no official word from ArenaNet in a bigger announcement type format. This is getting absolutely silly. I have been banned for nearly 2 days now and I have seen probably over 100 people post on this forum about being falsely accused. Now obviously there is some people who are really bots and I don’t blame ArenaNet for taking their time to reinstate accounts that were banned prematurely, but this is getting out of hand. It is unacceptable for any MMO developer to ban people from a service like this without any form of compensation. People should at least get some free gems out of this or something. I am being patient as I possibly can.

It is very scary and stressful to think that I could be banned forever from a game I enjoy for something I did not do. I know, being innocent, I should not worry about it..but it is hard not to. I know there are a lot of other people in the same boat as me, who know they are innocent but are scared they won’t get unbanned. Sure, ArenaNet tells us that if we are innocent our account will be restored…but in that case; why were we banned in the first place? If they can prove our innocence, shouldn’t they have been able to do that in the first place?

This ^
And peace out, anymore time spent here for me will be a complete waste of time and effort. I hope we all get our accounts back so we can get back to playing this wonderful game.

Posted by: retek.2963

retek.2963

Well, I have finally got my ban lifted after about 2 days. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting for their tickets to be answered! I hope you all get to play again as fast as possible!

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

They probably not putting it in major announcements because their trying to sweep this under the rug and not make their image look bad. Cause just like this post will be, those going against Anet gets deleted with a response saying stay in a positive. So to keep this positive. I’m absolutely positive Anet dont care about us.

I just want to kittening play and lead my guild. I plan on having Twilight by Xmas, this is keeping me from making money which could of had another 8-10g by now farming.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

Posted by: lionizekt.2497

lionizekt.2497

when are u guys gonna fix this its been two days already since i got the reply from you guys….(I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible)

I paid to play not to go through this nonsense. If I did anything to make my account suspended then show me that proof. I heard some people got relieved in matter of few hours why is mine taking 2days just to get the reply.

Posted by: Destinee.1097

Destinee.1097

My account was suspended for no reason and GW2 customer support is pretty much useless!
What can I do to get my account back to normal?

You need to use the support tab, file a ticket, and give them as much information as you you can on the issue. Only file one ticket, update it if they ask you… and get in line with the rest of us.

Posted by: jpathomas.4203

jpathomas.4203

I was banned about 30 minutes ago.

Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behavior. Attempts to automate game play though any means or attempting to circumvent idle-time restrictions in any way is in violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. The account closure is permanent.

Build 15977
Error Code 45:6:3:2114

I’ve never done any of this stuff. I was at my computer playing. At one point about 5 minutes before the ban there was a stutter in the game play, I was running toward a wall but just before I reached it I was back in the field again. This happened two more times, I figured it was just lag and that was that. Next thing I know my client stops working and when I tried to log back in I found I was banned.

I put in a service ticket, but have no idea what to expect. What’s going on here?

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

Welcome to the club of thousands of other players also waiting for a response from support. It is day 4 of being banned for me, so expect abit of a wait my friend.

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

metalfingerbass.1826

Now, after 3 days, I received an email stating that my account has been restored but when I try to login my account, it still says "We have detected that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual " . Something is very wrong with ArenaNet’s system

If someone in the support team is reading this, please make sure that my account has been restored since I can’t still access the game. thank you

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

they should honestly make a formal announcement. It’s the best thing they could do at this point and my god if they don’t make a formal apology at least in the ticket no more of my money will be seen going toward arenanet ever again.

What they have done is unprofessional and testing it server-wide before a long weekend knowing there is a problem (This happened in the October ban-wave as well, which luckily I was not in because my OP Elementalist was not created then) was straight up wrong to do. Now so many people are barred from playing for three entire days plus the days they have previously waited, not knowing whether they will even get their accounts back and not knowing why.

I await the explanation of this.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

FYI the support team don’t generally read forum posts – you will only find community managers (who moderate the forums and such) around for the most part.

Not to say that other staff don’t drop in from time to time but it’s pretty rare.

If you think about it, if you’ve logged a support ticket then they are already working on it as fast as they can – browsing forums would only slow them down anyway.

Toble.2968

FYI the support team don’t generally read forum posts – you will only find community managers (who moderate the forums and such) around for the most part.

Not to say that other staff don’t drop in from time to time but it’s pretty rare.

If you think about it, if you’ve logged a support ticket then they are already working on it as fast as they can – browsing forums would only slow them down anyway.

Oh believe me, this is for the community’s sake.

I have put my grievances very clearly into my ticket and ticket updates.

I still await an announcement.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Posted by: ChicknFingrs.8074

ChicknFingrs.8074

Just got banned and i was only level 3. :L

Posted by: WaLkz.3970

WaLkz.3970

Wow, even if my account is restored. I will still be scared to play. Something is very wrong. Most mmo when something of this magnitude happens gm will issue a rollback.

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

I was responding to metalfingerbass, sorry if that wasn’t clear. I also eagerly hope for some official word on what is happening here.

Toble.2968

^ And the fact that people are STILL being banned in the biggest problem here.

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Posted by: Oldorf.4203

Oldorf.4203

I, personally, find their casual use of the ‘ban-hammer’ disgusting. People have time and hard earned money invested in their accounts, and for Anet to just ban them with no reason, no warning, no investigation and no explanation, is beyond unacceptable.
I understand the need to deal with bots, but this is definitely not the way to do it. It’s creating a much more serious issue than bots have ever been.
Even if we do get our accounts back, we’re still being unjustifiably suspended from the game in the meantime.

Toble.2968

I, personally, find their casual use of the ‘ban-hammer’ disgusting. People have time and hard earned money invested in their accounts, and for Anet to just ban them with no reason, no warning, no investigation and no explanation, is beyond unacceptable.
I understand the need to deal with bots, but this is definitely not the way to do it. It’s creating a much more serious issue than bots have ever been.
Even if we do get our accounts back, we’re still being unjustifiably suspended from the game in the meantime.

Not to mention this now puts doubt in our minds about investing further.

What if this happens again?

Should I switch games now before next months week long banhammer?

This didn’t happen to me in the October wave, but this has happened before.

Does it mean innocent people are going to get banned at random at least once a month?

| Epidemic
| Drenched

Posted by: Kurt.5973

Kurt.5973

Wow, even if my account is restored. I will still be scared to play. Something is very wrong. Most mmo when something of this magnitude happens gm will issue a rollback.

So do I in my second day of gw2,my account suspended.I faced something like this first time all my mmorpg games playing history and is this server wide issue? I am at Vabbi server,I read in my country’s gw2 gamers forums low populated servers have lots of bots and happens this issues more on the other hand more populated ones have less issues.What happens when my account back I will change my server highest populated one quickly.Any idea about this? I am pretty newbie about GW2.
Take Care

metalfingerbass.1826

wooooooooooo Finally! I can log in! I hope my sacrifice for 3 days killed atleast 10k bots. Thanks ArenaNet

Dime Baggins.1058

This is how it happened to me:

My girlfriend and I had been playing all morning while trying to keep warm on a cold and rainy day. We were in the North East of Harathi Hinterlands and had done the Group Event a couple of times, that seems to reoccur rather frequently, we figured it was a good way to level up a bit so I could use a new Req-51 bow that she had gotten as a drop and had mailed to me. We were just running south afterwards and I decided to really quick fall down into the area where there is a splendid chest really quick. After getting it I ran up and out started to get some rubber-banding and then a black screen and I had to hit the “X” to close the game then when I came back it said my account has been permanently banned due to botting, etc…

The only things I can think that could be flagged as a false positive for botting is maybe that 2 game clients were running from the same residence/IP address and we were staying together because we were in a party and done the event a few times. My GF didn’t get banned, but she had done the event one less time than me.

I hope I get my account back. This concerns me though, because I would think they would have noticed that I am active in the chat, have purchased Gems with REAL money, reported botters, participated in the Halloween event, etc, etc… There are many ways for them to see that I am not and have never been a botter. They could even look to see that I have a GW1 account(with 5 yrs worth of gameplay and almost maxed-out HoM rewards) linked to my GW2. The thing that really sucks is now I am going to be worried about doing anything I do in the game being seen as botting.

Farming is part of games like this and they even encourage it with all of the stats that are tracked in the “H” menu to earn Arenanet points(daily kills, event participation). Now I feel that if I collect too many of one item or am in one area for to long I will be risking another ban – thus make this game waaaay less laid-back and fun.

Hopefully after they figure out that I am not a cheater/botter they will put my account on a list of accounts that should not be suspect of botting so I don’t have to worry about it ever again.

Ticket # 121110-002927

Posted by: Shoopy.5673

Shoopy.5673

I logged in one day and This message popped out.

‘’Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for modifying or tampering with the game, which is a breach of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent. ’’

Build ; 15977
Error Code : 45:6:3:2114

I haven’t done anything and my account has been banned. Can someone explain to me why? Can an admin please help me?

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

One thing I find kinda strange about how they suspend accounts is that they do not message the suspected player. I understand bots can probably be programmed to say random responses, but if they ask a specific question at random they can easily determine if it is a human or not. Something simple like “What is your favorite class?” or “What build do you like to run?” would work wonders in avoiding the banning of future innocents. This is a common practice in other MMOs that ban botters and could work just as well for them.

Posted by: Destinee.1097

Destinee.1097

This forum has been up for 23 days, and of the 22 pages 12 of them are from the last three days alone. I feel like there may be issues going on here not being openly expressed by Anet.

Posted by: Alexgodash.8543

Alexgodash.8543

My friend was banned for this reason:

Hello,

The Guild Wars 2 Serial Code that you registered was a North American code originally purchased from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/. This purchase was made using a stolen credit/debit card or PayPalr account and was thus flagged as a fraudulent charge. Your game account was banned as a result of the fraudulent purchase.

At this time, we have reviewed your account and have decided to release the account to you. The serial code has been permanently disabled as a result of the purchase using a fraudulent credit or debit card or stolen PayPal account.

I would suggest contacting the seller from whom you purchased the code for a full refund, as they sold you a code that was purchased fraudulently. I would not accept a replacement code, as it will likely be another stolen code.

In order to regain access to the game, you must re-purchase Guild Wars 2 again and apply a new, valid code to your account. To ensure this does not happen in the future, please purchase the game from one of our authorized retail partners https://buy.guildwars2.com/retailers or purchase directly from our website https://buy.guildwars2.com/.

Regards,
Austin
NCsoft Payment Review

WHAT????

It was bought in the official shop.

Ticket 121107-001997

Posted by: WaLkz.3970

WaLkz.3970

Submitted from Web – 11/08/2012 08:21 PM [Incident: 121109-000304]

Just about 72hrs. Still no response.

karrak.3598

“I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. Once your ticket has been reviewed, someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.” 2 days ago… nothing new!

Attachments:

Posted by: buyurgan.6023

buyurgan.6023

This forum has been up for 23 days, and of the 22 pages 12 of them are from the last three days alone. I feel like there may be issues going on here not being openly expressed by Anet.

Yep I think it’s true, but also I’m confused, because people are still being banned for few hours of gameplay for example. Or a similar non logical way… This means that the issue stand stills but looks like the damage can’t be simply undone also, so the support team must do this one by one…

I just feel, non-secure… if I get back into game, and if there’s no official announcement made by Anet then, I will feel non-secured and probably won’t pay or play the game because of this. I’m sure many of others will feel like this.

Posted by: joybox.4593

joybox.4593

The fact that players will still be playing in fear being banned even after being restored is ridiculous and counter productive. Anet claims that there is intricate reviewing done by humans in order for a ban to happen. Some how, that just seems exaggerated. Like many posts before this have suggested, there are plenty of ways of ascertaining whether a player is actually a bot or not: talking to the actual player. If that’s not intricate enough I don’t know what is. This is a wonderful game and I’m sure that’s why many of us simply want to play again rather than jumping to another game. That being said, I really hope that Anet takes immediate action to change this banning protocol.

Posted by: Drachdhar.7016

Drachdhar.7016

Been 3 days for me… Same issue.

Posted by: Anaryan.2091

Anaryan.2091

I was in the Harathi Hinterlands event about 2 hours ago and was also hit by the account ban sweep. Arena nets claim for checking before pulling the trigger is scewed. I had only been logged on for about 2 hours.. just enough time to walk from black citadel to the highlands to meet up with some guildies, hit up a an auction house to collect some coin and then get into the actual event as it was running. So there is no way they could have justified 2 hours of play as botting, it’s a randomized sweep and unfortunately it wrongly affects many innocent players. All in all their process needs to change dramatically as the innocents have been exponentially increasing in the last few days as the sweeps are getting more frequent and larger in area size. I guess I will just wait around for a few days till they get their slow butts off their ban buttons and read the wrongful termination tickets for those of us caught in the crossfire.

Totally uncalled for, but yet hillarious proof that arena net really has no control over their games or their own employees.

Toble.2968

Well I found out one way that you can be found banned even if they haven’t checked for programs.

It seems vicinity may have something to do with it.

Attachments:

| Epidemic
| Drenched