Crafted wrong set of Ascended Armor

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Ticket # 499678

So last weekend I went to craft my new set of Ahamid’s Heavy Armor (Power/Toughness/Vitality). It was reset weekend and I had been up all night in EBG and was just going to craft my new armor set before going to sleep. Anyway I was pretty zombie-like and manged to craft an entire set of Zojja’s (power/precision/crit damage) Heavy Armor by mistake. This was a huge mistake and I can’t even use the armor set I’ve crafted since my two heavy classes (War + Guard) already have full sets of Zojja’s Armor.

Naturally I submitted a ticket, and got a prompt response from GM Enigma. Enigma said they don’t normally refund lost items but asked for some extra information so s/he could look into making an exception in this case. I readily supplied the information, but it was not GM Enigma who responded to my updated ticket. GM Khal responded with an almost form-like answer that it is against policy to refund lost items and that s/he was closing my ticket. I requested that GM Enigma take another look at the ticket since s/he had seemed very willing to help before, and I also asked if it would be possible to roll back my account completely to its state before I crafted the armor set. GM Khal politely, but sternly, responded that the the issue was closed and requested that I do not update my ticket again.

Gaile could you please take a look at this ticket! An ascended set takes literally weeks to assemble and it’s going to be extraordinarily painful for me to just have the set sitting in storage in the hopes that one day a new heavy class is introduced =(

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Rayar Blackstar.2670

Rayar Blackstar.2670

Sorry, I may not understand correctly what happened:
Are you saying you crafted a full set of armor, six pieces… by mistake? How can that happpen?

I am sure I misunderstand the issue.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You can submit a ticket, but I doubt they are going to assist with SIX instances of user error. I’m not trying to be rude, but something doesn’t smell quite right here, but good luck with your efforts with CS.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Sorry, I may not understand correctly what happened:
Are you saying you crafted a full set of armor, six pieces… by mistake? How can that happpen?

I am sure I misunderstand the issue.

I collect all the materials for an entire set, and then craft the whole set at once. If you look at the materials required to craft two different stat combos, they are identical except for the T6 mats required to craft the inscriptions.

I have at least a stack of each of the T6 mats. In the past I have only ever crafted Zojja’s weapons/armor. This was the first time I was going to craft Ahamid’s armor, since I had never needed PVT equipment as a PvE player. The combination of exhaustion (from staying up all night during reset weekend, the first week of new seasons, on a T1 server to WvW) and habit lead me to craft Zojja inscriptions and a set of Zojja’s armor before I had realized my mistake.

I’m not trying to scam anything here…I put the work in to make a whole set of Ascended armor. I just don’t want it to go to waste because I made a careless mistake when I wasn’t thinking properly and ended up with an armor set that I can’t use.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Now that you mention the inscriptions, you would have to craft a full DOZEN incorrect items….

I don’t think this is a scam but a very difficult to believe tale of massive brain flatulence.

Again, good luck with Support on this issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ticket # 499678

So last weekend I went to craft my new set of Ahamid’s Heavy Armor (Power/Toughness/Vitality). It was reset weekend and I had been up all night in EBG and was just going to craft my new armor set before going to sleep. Anyway I was pretty zombie-like and manged to craft an entire set of Zojja’s (power/precision/crit damage) Heavy Armor by mistake. This was a huge mistake and I can’t even use the armor set I’ve crafted since my two heavy classes (War + Guard) already have full sets of Zojja’s Armor.

Naturally I submitted a ticket, and got a prompt response from GM Enigma. Enigma said they don’t normally refund lost items but asked for some extra information so s/he could look into making an exception in this case. I readily supplied the information, but it was not GM Enigma who responded to my updated ticket. GM Khal responded with an almost form-like answer that it is against policy to refund lost items and that s/he was closing my ticket. I requested that GM Enigma take another look at the ticket since s/he had seemed very willing to help before, and I also asked if it would be possible to roll back my account completely to its state before I crafted the armor set. GM Khal politely, but sternly, responded that the the issue was closed and requested that I do not update my ticket again.

Gaile could you please take a look at this ticket! An ascended set takes literally weeks to assemble and it’s going to be extraordinarily painful for me to just have the set sitting in storage in the hopes that one day a new heavy class is introduced =(

You submitted a ticket, which is good. And you were sent a detailed and specific answer, accurate according to the policies and processes that guide the team. (One agent asked you for more information but at no time indicated you were eligible for a replacement, and indeed that would not be the case in this situation.)

I’m sorry that you’re disappointed, but I understand why the decision was made.

General comment: I’d like to remind folks that posting an individual forum thread about a ticket generally isn’t appropriate. We have a means to follow up! For those tickets that truly need a review, please post in the Tickets for Review sticky thread after at least three days have elapsed and you have received a final answer from the Customer Support Team.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)