Flamekissed

Flamekissed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I would like to point out I made several sets of t3 cultural armor “legit” as some might call it…grinding dungeons and w/e…it took weeks but really was not so hard that I felt up in arms over the flamekissed armor…Actually I was quite happy to see this come out.
I really think a good solution would be to go ahead and make the original bone of contention that led to our money being put into limbo far far “worse” and flamekiss all the cultural armors.. then nobody can say anything about “why isn’t my armor special” cause all of them won’t be, and i’ll be recieving exactly the thing that I bought and I won’t need to question surrounding purchases I made directly linked to said armor (and buying more if this happens and lingers for enough pay cycles)
question to whether the reskin holds water is if they will use the same mesh or keep the same “feel” of the set (set screams gw1 15k ele armor the way only like 2 other cloth sets do), and how well it meshes around norns and sylvari, both whom i went all out with this stuff to finally make good looking, and both of whom have very terrible issues with the way their meshes make certain armor pieces appear (norn shoulders across the board..even communist khoptev wouldn’t support that revolution…then sylvari’s HUGE foot gear, or culture armor that eats the breasts off that misshapen badonkadonk model…the only sylvari choice with said anatomy Oo).

Flamekissed

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

You know, in looking at all the situations with players and their different needs, I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice. Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made. Each of you may have slightly different situations. But since the armor is not out now, and because we will be happy to address your concern after you’ve had time to appraise the new set, doesn’t it make sense to wait and see?

This is a difficult situation you’ve placed yourselves in here:

You create an entirely new skin for the flamekissed light armour – the heavy and medium will have had less effort placed on them and are deemed by some as “lazy reskins” by comparison.

You reskin an existing light armour set – will be compared in terms of quality and rarity to the original removed set. You started off with a reskin of one of the most sought after armours in the game. Mmany reskins of existing armours will be considered a downgrade regardless of added fire effects.

If you go for a reskin of an existing set it’s going to have to be pretty amazing.

Flamekissed

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

i dont want a replaced armor skin i bought this skin becouse i like this skin and now arenanet want change what has sold me! ITS SIMPLE new skin for new buyers and to us thats had bought dont CHANGE NOTHING! simple, right and fair.

Flamekissed

Inimicus.7162

i dont want a replaced armor skin i bought this skin becouse i like this skin and now arenanet want change what has sold me! ITS SIMPLE new skin for new buyers and to us thats had bought dont CHANGE NOTHING! simple, right and fair.

In another forum someone replied to my expression of this by spouting off about illegal account sales and how much the accounts who got this will be worth… A valid point, though anyone caught doing that will have said accounts terminated, and anyone still dumb enough to try buying gold outside the gem store kinda deserves what comes if their account gets stolen (which it very well might be), again…price of dealing with brigands. I think it has more to do with the complaint about the armor looking “too similar” to its obvious mesh donor, though I have questioned the need for specialty armors by race since day one. The issues back then included things like nude character preview bugs, and buggy preview panes (your legs might vanish from your body), and then the armor being skinned around one specific race supposedly allows the mesh to be custom fit (I DISAGREE: Norn T2 heavy shoulder -yes, 1 shoulder- armor on female characters is conspicuously gigantic ala CoF light shoulder for female Norn, seriously). But again, I get the feeling that I am in the vast minority on the lack of need for special race-bound armors… Yet also, I need to point out, that some of those issues were solved as the Flamekissed armor DID address some of those issues, the epaulets had the bit wraping around the back of the head cut away (horrid hair clipping issues from this…it was an improvement), and I would wager the shoulders were altered from their original state because they are quite large on human females, which typically would mean a Norn female wearing the same would appear to have shoulder armor made by the same people who made those awful weapons from many other games and anime who are multiple times the size of the fool weilding them Oo

Flamekissed

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

I never think in sell my acc, i had played MMO’s had more than 8 year, i have all my acc, i never bought gold or used illicit tools to grow, and here i bought every month gems to support company, last month with WxW archives i said that’s i will leave game because QUEUE MONSTER, and LAG SKILL, my guild makes me back (we are friends) i back but no with same intensity, and new skins phoenix, and skins to staff, makes me back to buy gems, play more, make new character, spend time and money to equip. After company doing this mess and makes choice to punish who support company with buy gems, makes me fell that’s they don’t care to us. Again i see that’s why i play right, buy gems if company will punish me ? its sad, boring and unprofessional of the company that attitude, change the design reluctantly consumer or return the gems back, as if whoever bought who made ??mistakes. They just lesson who’s have t3 and no who’s bought new skin. SAD!

In another forum someone replied to my expression of this by spouting off about illegal account sales and how much the accounts who got this will be worth… A valid point, though anyone caught doing that will have said accounts terminated, and anyone still dumb enough to try buying gold outside the gem store kinda deserves what comes if their account gets stolen (which it very well might be), again…price of dealing with brigands. I think it has more to do with the complaint about the armor looking “too similar” to its obvious mesh donor, though I have questioned the need for specialty armors by race since day one. The issues back then included things like nude character preview bugs, and buggy preview panes (your legs might vanish from your body), and then the armor being skinned around one specific race supposedly allows the mesh to be custom fit (I DISAGREE: Norn T2 heavy shoulder -yes, 1 shoulder- armor on female characters is conspicuously gigantic ala CoF light shoulder for female Norn, seriously). But again, I get the feeling that I am in the vast minority on the lack of need for special race-bound armors… Yet also, I need to point out, that some of those issues were solved as the Flamekissed armor DID address some of those issues, the epaulets had the bit wraping around the back of the head cut away (horrid hair clipping issues from this…it was an improvement), and I would wager the shoulders were altered from their original state because they are quite large on human females, which typically would mean a Norn female wearing the same would appear to have shoulder armor made by the same people who made those awful weapons from many other games and anime who are multiple times the size of the fool weilding them Oo

Flamekissed

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

When buying gems for real money, you accept the contract for buying precisely that – gems. Nowhere there does it say “by buing gems, you are guaranteed that skin which is purchasable with gems.” There is no logical link between buying gems and, by performing that action, being guaranteed a certain skin. These two things have no logical link. It is obvious that you buy the gems in order to buy something else. Nevertheless, the first contract, to buy gems, does not involve the other contract to buy something else you have in mind.
Hence, you buy gems ( 1st independent action ), and then buy a skin that you liked, with gems ( 2nd independent action ), a skin which is later on removed due to an issue, you are in the end returned your gems ( the 2nd independent action that it refers to ), not the money with which you bought gems ( the 1st independent action it does not refer to ). The fact that you had a motive of buying gems in order to buy the new skin does not mean that you should be, e.g. returned you real money back ( 1st independent action ).
It’s very simple really, when you think about it.

Best regards

Semantics and splitting hairs.

Flamekissed

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

Please, Gaile, let us keep the armor we bought and adore. I love this armor on my female sylvari necro. I’ve gotten ’she’s beautiful’ comments from several players. I’ve never gotten that before. This armor is perfect for a sylvari. The max skin glow shows through the cut-outs and the flames? Gorgeous!

As to the concern about an uber rare skin, elite group….um, there’s already those situations in the game. People who attend the special Guild Wars 2 gatherings do get special items that the rest of us cannot get. i.e. Mr. Sparkles, t-shirts…etc.

For those of us that already have the armor PLEASE let us at least have the choice of keeping it. I do not want a re-worked armor, nor do I want a refund. I want what I bought.
: / Charge us more if you have to to appease the human tier 3 people, but let us keep it.

Flamekissed

Posted by: neytiri.9105

neytiri.9105

I suppose, if it’s possible, not to delete the set, but to make it cost around 1500-200 gems whci I will gladly give away to have this armor stay. Then all those who are offended by the low price will be silent (I hope) and all those who adore it will have it.

Flamekissed

Posted by: ricochett.5761

ricochett.5761

Hello first of all im really sad because this was the first light set i liked and loved for my sylvari.
I think people who bought it would keep it. I know many of you will call me crazy but the real fact was the set comes out, 20 hours later i payed for 4000gems to buy flamekiss and other consumables, weapons, etc to match.
I guess most who complained never bought gems.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

Evrything would be fine if in the inventory we had TWO pages…one for the skins, one for real armour. When you put on a skin, you don’t overwrite the armor…just keep its stats and the new appearence. If you put on another armor of the same type, you get its stats but the skin remains the same…
I saw this working PERFECTLY in another MMO…i think i cannot mention it clearly(?), but it’s D.P.

In this way many players wuold not have spent OTHER gems only to put that gemstore skin on existing armour.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

the point is simple, this is cultural tier 3 human, it should never ever been put to sell in the gem store, even worst for all races… this is CULTURAL ARMOR. end of story. otherwise next time would be some legendary weapon skins on the store

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Flamekissed

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

Hello first of all im really sad because this was the first light set i liked and loved for my sylvari.
I think people who bought it would keep it. I know many of you will call me crazy but the real fact was the set comes out, 20 hours later i payed for 4000gems to buy flamekiss and other consumables, weapons, etc to match.
I guess most who complained never bought gems.

most who complained like me for example, i have been spending money in the game since the head start and put together until now it will easly go over £2000 yes £2000 .

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

Flamekissed

Inimicus.7162

the point is simple, this is cultural tier 3 human, it should never ever been put to sell in the gem store, even worst for all races… this is CULTURAL ARMOR. end of story. otherwise next time would be some legendary weapon skins on the store

Again, I question the need for “culture armor” since 3/5 races are basically identical from the standpoint of structural appearance.
Don’t give me any lip about that statement either, from a design standpoint there is no real difference between humans and sylvari, and if you examine the armor appearances between those two and the norn, its basically the 3d version of what MS Paint calls “sketch/skew” with only a very few, specific anomalies. ALSO, i should point out that in GW1, you could buy cultural armors from the other races, so i see no reason to be so discriminating here.
and i must state a further lack of compassion to your view because i’ve already put down $100 worth of gems specifically towards that armor and other things surrounding it, so even if you spent 2000 english pounds, if you didnt buy that armor skin then you still dont have any money at stake.
I also say the best solution is to make the original problem worse and go hog wild and flamekiss everything cultural so anyone’s special sacred armor can flamekiss my butt and the normal cultural armor vendors can make some new T4-T6 (or preferably T1b-T3b) shinys for us.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

It would be much appreciated, if ArenaNet would be so kind to answer the following questions.

• Will people have a refund of their in game gold or real life money, if those were converted to gems in order to purchase the skin?
  • Will people that bought Flamekissed, but do not like the rework of the skin, be compensated with the same amount of gems they bought it with?
  • Will people, that re-skinned over an existing skin, get their old skins back from the gemstore free of charge?
  • Will people, that have previously used transmutation crystals, (in order to apply the look of cultural or any other armor set) have the armor that was overwritten by Flamekissed returned to them along with the 6 transmutation crystals needed?

And as an extra thing:

• Will the new design of Flamekissed still be showing a lot of skin but in a flattering way? Will it in anyway have some of the qualities of the current Flamekissed skin?

If ArenaNet would answer those specific questions, people would actually know what to expect. Right now many players fears the worst.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

Flamekissed

Posted by: Chris.6184

Chris.6184

I will do the whole “wait and see” thing as regards the redo of the flame kissed armor. BUT, just a note to the people making the new skins, Make it look as good, or better, on an asura as the current flame kissed skin does. Most “universal” skins on the BLT are only truly good for human, Norn, and Sylvari. Charr and Asura almost always seem to be an afterthought, and so when i saw what this one looked like on my female Asura I admit i jumped on it. And bought one as a gift for a guildie. I can understand the arguments others have made about diminishing the value of thier human T3 armor, if the skin is used on a human archetype (Norn, and sylvari) but for the non-humanoid, with as rare as a truly good looking armor is for them, I say that argument is not really as important, and the armor does not look the same at all. But if the new skin looks like crap on the non-humanoid characters, feel free to send me all 2400 gems to my account as soon as the new skin goes live. Cause if it looks like trash on Asura and Charr, that is exactly where the skin will end up, in the trash.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I don’t suppose there is any update as to when the updated skin will be released?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Flamekissed

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I don’t suppose there is any update as to when the updated skin will be released?

It’s a major holiday weekend here in the states, please be patient and give the devs time.
They will let us all know when they have any news, bugging them for updates is not going to be productive.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

I wish the whole Anet team would work like Gaile does. At least you won’t get an arrogant and rude answer from Gaile lol. Hope you get a raise one day..

Gaile is the front of Anet in account issue, there are MORE people like her in Anet, just that they are in the shadows.

Jade Quarry

Flamekissed

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You know, in looking at all the situations with players and their different needs, I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice. Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made. Each of you may have slightly different situations. But since the armor is not out now, and because we will be happy to address your concern after you’ve had time to appraise the new set, doesn’t it make sense to wait and see?

It was said the original version will be staying, correct? (For those who already bought it and don’t want to update/refund it) The original will stay for those who already bought it, but the purchasing was disabled, till the new one is available. Once the new one is available, is it going to auto replace the one we already bought/used, or is it going to be a completely new item/skin item separate from the original? Thanks.
I know I like it, and will be disappointed if its just changed on me.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Flamekissed

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It was said the original version will be staying, correct? (For those who already bought it and don’t want to update/refund it) The original will stay for those who already bought it, but the purchasing was disabled, till the new one is available. Once the new one is available, is it going to auto replace the one we already bought/used, or is it going to be a completely new item/skin item separate from the original? Thanks.

You may find this post informative: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229

Flamekissed

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Doesn’t seem right that the light armor users get an “awesome” skin while Medium and Heavy users just gets Karma and WvW armor with some random flame effects on them.

That’s what the Light armor set will probably be “redesigned” to, unfortunately.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I think at this point it would be good to make sure that everyone reading this thread has read this post about the Flamekissed Armor and the changes that are coming.

As background: Players expressed significant concerns about the appearance of the Flamekissed armor. Their concerns were reviewed and found to be fair and justified. As a result, the devs decided to make a change to the armor set even knowing that some percentage of players would prefer that a change not be made. This is similar to any sort of change. For example, with each game balance, some players think a skill is just fine and others believe it to be overpowered. In the end, the devs make a decision based on what is best for the game, as they have done here.

Ultimately, the armor will look different than it does now. It will look sufficiently different from the Tier 3 Cultural Armor to allow each of those sets their unique place in the game world. And those who do not like the new armor will be able to retrieve their gems.

While we fully understand that not everyone will be fully satisfied with the decisions that have been made, we’re not able to offer each player a separate and personally-selected option. It’s not “I’ll keep it” and “I’ll take the new set” and “I want my gems back.” We can do some of that, but not all.

You can contact Customer Support now, or wait to see how you feel about the new armor design, as you desire.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Flamekissed

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You may find this post informative: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229

Yay, I did read it when it was first posted. Guess I read it wrong. Thought it stated we would get to keep the old look. Well that sucks. Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the new one is before trying for refund.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Flamekissed

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

All I want to ask is if all 3 flame-themed armor sets are going to be reworked, and when the change is coming. I imagine it’s going live on December the 10th?

I’d love some more info besides “it’s really nice” but I imagine that ain’t gonna happen

Flamekissed

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I think at this point it would be good to make sure that everyone reading this thread has read this post about the Flamekissed Armor and the changes that are coming.

As background: Players expressed significant concerns about the appearance of the Flamekissed armor. Their concerns were reviewed and found to be fair and justified. As a result, the devs decided to make a change to the armor set even knowing that some percentage of players would prefer that a change not be made. This is similar to any sort of change. For example, with each game balance, some players think a skill is just fine and others believe it to be overpowered. In the end, the devs make a decision based on what is best for the game, as they have done here.

Ultimately, the armor will look different than it does now. It will look sufficiently different from the Tier 3 Cultural Armor to allow each of those sets their unique place in the game world. And those who do not like the new armor will be able to retrieve their gems.

While we fully understand that not everyone will be fully satisfied with the decisions that have been made, we’re not able to offer each player a separate and personally-selected option. It’s not “I’ll keep it” and “I’ll take the new set” and “I want my gems back.” We can do some of that, but not all.

You can contact Customer Support now, or wait to see how you feel about the new armor design, as you desire.

Are you saying options will only be the two listed in that link: Keep the skin or get 800 gems back? Will customer service no longer be willing to address people’s concerns individually as you previously posted?

“And when it is, you guys are welcome to share your thoughts and to let Customer Support know what they can do for you.”

“Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made.”

If customer service is no longer going to work to address people’s individual concerns after the armor is changed, why should everyone float ArenaNet a free $10 loan for an indeterminate period of time when they could get the gems back now and have them available to use as they wish, then buy the new skin if they like it when it becomes available?

Flamekissed

Posted by: Calimshan.8250

Calimshan.8250

So, you mention we get “gems” back. What about the Gold which Ive lost due to the Dyes ive used, JUST for the T3 Style..Or how about I put this over my T3 I already had. The fact is. If your going to change the look from the one I have now. I want The money ive lost returned also.

Flame Dye/Black Dye 72 & 10g (I only used these because of the style & look of this armor)
My T3, Which I cannot get back since its over Celestial armor, which you guys made account bound..so thats another 80+g.

I work out, that if your changing it, you guys owe me 160+g & My gems.

Lyssafaye Rose – Level 80 Elementalist Asura
Guild Leader of [CERN]
Tarnished Coast

Flamekissed

Posted by: TheAmadan.6051

TheAmadan.6051

I would like to point out that even though it seems the decision is final, it is not. Nothing is set in stone, just look at the manifesto and how much has changed in the past year. Anet is a company whose goal is to make money. Thus we need to argue with our wallets. Those of us who bought or were planning to buy the flamekissed set are the ones most likely to spend more in the future. However, if we hold back our spending, higher ups will notice and wonder why. That will give us players the leverage to reverse the most recent decision. Just food for thought.

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

However, if we hold back our spending, higher ups will notice and wonder why. That will give us players the leverage to reverse the most recent decision. Just food for thought.

I already thought about that. Every since I returned to the game after half a year’s gap, I buy gems with RWM every month. Previously I’ve been buying everything calmly, knowing that the thing I had bought would stay with me forever or a certain number of uses. Now I’m not so sure and will probably be afraid of buying gems anymore. Who knows, what about they’ll whine in this forum again?

Flamekissed

Posted by: Beyonce.3207

Beyonce.3207

hi, my ele is a human fire mage, she sucks at the other elements. she’s been a fire mage since day one of the game’s release, and has worn her ruby red t3 for over a year, all decked in superior rune of fire. she saw the flamekissed outfit on the day it was released and said “hey that’s so me, can I have those shiny jewels on my t3 outfit?” I said why not, and paid Anet USD10 for it. I overwrote her t3 with the skin, to create a t3 with shinies. She now runs happily around now looking like the fire mage she was always meant to be, fire shiny. Is that really a problem with Anet?

Flamekissed

ShiningSquirrel.3751

hi, my ele is a human fire mage, she sucks at the other elements. she’s been a fire mage since day one of the game’s release, and has worn her ruby red t3 for over a year, all decked in superior rune of fire. she saw the flamekissed outfit on the day it was released and said “hey that’s so me, can I have those shiny jewels on my t3 outfit?” I said why not, and paid Anet USD10 for it. I overwrote her t3 with the skin, to create a t3 with shinies. She now runs happily around now looking like the fire mage she was always meant to be, fire shiny. Is that really a problem with Anet?

That armor is being replaced.
You can wait to see the new version, or you can ask support for a refund.
Top of page, support, submit a request.
There is no option to keep the current skin.

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

Ummmm, thanks, Cap. But can we cry out our point of view about it? Or you don’t permit?

Flamekissed

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Ummmm, thanks, Cap. But can we cry out our point of view about it? Or you don’t permit?

You have already made your point of view know multiple times in multiple forums. There is no point in repeating yourself over and over. As I posted above, you can ask for a refund or wait for the new skin, repeating yourself over and over is not going to change that.

Flamekissed

Posted by: GrayFox.2601

GrayFox.2601

I originally posted my thoughts and ideas on this subject in two parts. The first part can be found here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Flamekissed/3281329

Here is a modified version of the second part. I also updated it based on new information learned since the initial post.

NOTE: This is not a duplicate post.

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

But, as I said, I believe it is highly unlikely you will do either of those.

Now, I said there was no good way out of this. No matter what you do, someone will be unhappy. And hopefully you will learn from this situation and increase scrutiny during any approval processes you have in place before you put an item in the gem store.

But all that being said, I do believe there is one option that will be accepted as satisfactory by the majority of people involved; both devs and players alike. It was an option stated by a previous poster and I urge you to reconsider. The armor skin has already been taken down from the gem store. That’s fine, keep it down. But allow those that have already purchased it to keep it.

Many gem store items are only available for a limited amount of time. Players already know and accept this. Simply make that the case here as well. You avoid all refund related issues by simply employing the logic of a well-established practice you already have in place, that gem store items can sometimes be up for a limited time only. Everyone who purchased the armor will get to keep it, showing that you honor their purchases and appreciate their business. And it becomes like any other living story item or achievement, something that new players (or players that missed it) simply cannot get. It’s the same logic you use for not allowing people the chance to get previous LS achievements or items, so again, it’s something many people may not like, but it is expected.

The only group this solution does not address are the players who purchased T3 Human Cultural armor with in game gold. I believe you also owe them an apology and need to find some way to make up this error to them as well. But they are the ones who should be consulted on exactly what that would entail.

I would also like to point out this issue, selling reworked or previous rewards in the gem store, is something GW2 will likely need to make a companywide policy on in the near future. I only say this because it appears the same mistake was made again with the recent Mini Mr. Sparkles offer. You can read about it in other forums, but I believe the most important concept is being lost in the details. While I, like many, would love a Mini Mr. Sparkles, is that really fair to those that previously had what was thought of as a one-time-only exclusive item received for attending PAX 2013? Before you answer, think about any exclusive items you own. What if legendary skins, heritage armor and weapons skins or anything else you feel was hard earned were suddenly put up for all to buy or get as a bonus? I don’t think the offer should be retracted, as it has already been made and thus I believe they should honor it, so this in no way changes my current argument. I just think GW2 needs to learn from the Flamekissed and Mini Mr. Sparkles situations and try to avoid similar problems going forward.

GW2, you have the chance to show players you appreciate and respect their business…or that you don’t. Many of us have been loyal customers for a long time and lately, we’ve seen decisions made that have made us question if this is still the game we all grew to enjoy…or not. The steady rise of the gold cost of gem prices, the increase in gem store items that aren’t just for show, but actually provide an advantage, and the bug filled and lore ignoring Living Story given as a replacement for expansions, where many see a preference for quantity over quality that is geared more at attracting new customers than satisfying current one, have all made many of us wonder if GW2 is still worthy of our continued investment in both time and money.

Please, don’t make this the final straw for many of us. Respect your players and customers…or you will lose us.

Attached is a picture of my wife’s Asura crying because you took away her cool new armor. Instead, make her /cheer

Attachments:

Flamekissed

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

But allow those that have already purchased it to keep it.

How about us who wishes to buy it?

Just accept the fact that Anet catered their farmers and compromised gem buyers.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

So you compare someone paying money to buy gems to purchase the flamekissed from the store to changes in skills which do not cost money/gems?

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

As I posted above, you can ask for a refund or wait for the new skin, repeating yourself over and over is not going to change that.

If it irritates you, simply don’t read these threads.

Flamekissed

Posted by: brianj.6289

brianj.6289

snip

So you compare someone paying money to buy gems to purchase the flamekissed from the store to changes in skills which do not cost money/gems?

It’s about the comparison in CHANGES made in the game in it’s overall. I think u misinterpret.

Life Sucks, Play Guild Wars.

Flamekissed

ShiningSquirrel.3751

As I posted above, you can ask for a refund or wait for the new skin, repeating yourself over and over is not going to change that.

If it irritates you, simply don’t read these threads.

It does not irritate me in the least. I am simply telling you what your choices are at this time. You can wait for the new skin then decide if you want to keep it or get a refund, or ask for a refund now. Those are your only choices.
Players calling for the devs to be fired and calling them thieves is not going to get anyone anywhere and only shows the worst of the community. Anet made the only choice they could in this situation. You may not like it, but no matter what they did someone was not going to be happy, so in this case they chose to make the smallest number of players unhappy. I suggest you take some screenshots of your toon in the armor to remember it if you really like it that much, then let it go.

Flamekissed

Posted by: GlassRabbit.9684

GlassRabbit.9684

- Reprimand, up to or including dismissal, the designer responsible. After all, this is plagiarism we are talking about. It’s a serious offense. People often lose their jobs in these situations.

I understand you are upset about the changes to this gem store skin. I get that, ANet definitely made a big mistake with this armor set. But this is not plagiarism for multiple reasons. One, you do not know whether the same designer who originally made the HT3 light armor also designed this reskin, and two, even if it was not the same designer, that armor skin does not belong to only one designer. The designers work as a team and are therefore absolutely allowed to use aspects originally created by other members of the team. To suggest they not do this would be extremely detrimental to ANets ability to collaborate and to the game overall.
Also, you cannot blame this mistake on one designer alone. There is absolutely no way one person would be able to create an armor skin and just have it thrown into the game without first getting approval on it. ANet absolutely needs to take this event seriously and make sure nothing like this happens again, but it is not as simple as calling for one designer to be fired, so please do not paint it as such.

Now as far as what your (and other players is similar positions) options are in regards to compensation, there are a couple paths you can take. Personally, I do not think there is any chance of you convincing ANet to let you keep the original Flamekissed design. Obviously, you can try to change their minds, but I am pretty confident you will not be able to. So, you can do one of three things:
1) You can decide you do not want to wait for the new skin to come out and request compensation now by creating a support ticket. You are not going to get any answers in this or any other forum thread about other items such as dyes and makeover kits. The only way you will get any answers about those items is by creating a ticket and outlining what you believe you deserve compensation for.
2) You can wait for the new skin to be released. If you decide you do not like the new one, create a ticket and ask for your gems to be refunded as well as listing all other items you believe should be refunded. Make sure you list each item specifically, and if possible I would suggest putting amounts of gold/gems spent on each item in the list as well. The more info you give them the easier it will be for them to help you.
3) If you decide you do like the new skin, but still feel you deserve compensation for items used specifically for the old skin, again, create a ticket and outline the specific items.

As I see it, these are the options you have before you. Of course, you can still air your grievances with this situation and/or how ANet handled it, though eventually it just turns into beating a dead horse if all you’re doing is saying the exact same thing over and over again.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Any ETA on the redesign and/or a preview/hint of what it will look like? :-D

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

Players calling for the devs to be fired and calling them thieves is not going to get anyone anywhere and only shows the worst of the community.

Oh yes? And those who whined and cursed Anet for Flamekissed before it was taken back thought it wouldn’t change anything too. How do you know? And how do you know that we are in the minority? I will only believe this when I see the results of the game-wide opinion poll. Anyway, I think Anet has lost many buyers who supported them with buying gems with RWM. I am just afraid now of buying anything, because I don’t know what in the world the whiners will be complaining about again. It’s easy for them now, they had their results, made the devs thake our itmes from us and now they try to console the angry ones. Why? I guess, they are somewhat afraid that our voices will change something, like theirs.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

This situation is unique in GW2 (so far; hope it remains so).

It took something that was supposed to be exclusive (cultural armor) and made it (even if slightly changed) to everyone.

Think of it this way – if they made few changes to the skin of Sunrise, or Twilight, then released it as a Gem skin in a form that was obvious in it’s origins with most of the effects, wouldn’t you expect those who have the actual legendary to be upset?

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

It took something that was supposed to be exclusive (cultural armor) and made it (even if slightly changed) to everyone.

Think of it this way – if they made few changes to the skin of Sunrise, or Twilight, then released it as a Gem skin in a form that was obvious in it’s origins with most of the effects, wouldn’t you expect those who have the actual legendary to be upset?

It’s not just a game. It’s business; they made a skin so people would definitely like and buy it, and in me case they succeeded. And now I’m the losing side.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

It’s not just a game. It’s business; they made a skin so people would definitely like and buy it, and in me case they succeeded. And now I’m the losing side.

You’re right it’s business.

The problem is, there was always going to be a losing side once this came out. If it wasn’t those who liked the “original” flamekissed, then those who were upset that the Human T3 Light Cultural wasn’t unique anymore. And came off as the lessor.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/gw2-flamekissed-armor-light-human-female-1.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/image621.png

It’d be like them taking the skin from Bolt, a legendary, adding a body-effect of crackling electricity to it, and offering that on the gem store.

Anyone who had made bolt would of been quite upset.

Flamekissed

neytiri.9105

Dear devs, no ETA on when this update of Flamekissed will happen at all? The waiting has become too long….

Flamekissed

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Dear devs, no ETA on when this update of Flamekissed will happen at all? The waiting has become too long….

I don’t understand the hurry or the desire to have a quick solution.
The current situation is that you obviously like the current set. You are fully allowed to use it and enjoy it. When the updated skin is introduced you can get a FULL refund of your gems. This means that all this time you can enjoy the flamekissed set totally free.

Development of a set takes time and this one is no exception. They obviously made a mistake with this skin and they want to make sure they don’t screw the new thing up. Besides that, they likely want a set that is really really awesome. They did screw up and owe that to the people who bought the set.

So the more time they take, the more awesome the new set is going to be. And if you don’t like the new set, then it will have been longer that you have enjoyed the current one for free. So win-win in my opinion.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Flamekissed

mercury ranique.2170

Due to a small line in the update notes I’m shameless bumping this so people can easily read the history of this subject

Flamekissed

Posted by: Silver.9710

Silver.9710

When anet said they were going to change the flamekissed skin something was said that you would be able to get a refund if the new skin was not to your liking. Is this something that is actually possible? And if so, how?

Flamekissed

mercury ranique.2170

No official info bout the refund policy is made public yet. It likely will involve making a support ticket. But it might be needed to do some additional things first.

However, you should be able to allready make the request through the supportticket. if additional things needs to be done, You can always do that later and update the ticket.

Flamekissed

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Submit a ticket. People have said they’re getting their Gems refunded already.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!