GW2 Login: Fine. GW1 Login: Not so fine...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: thetasigma.2531

thetasigma.2531

Hi just recently been really getting into GW2 after a couple of false starts and after having the time to learn a lot more lore, decided to get back to GW1.

Problem is I tried to log-in to GW1 with my GW2 linked credentials and got an ’account details not recognised message.

So I came here and verified my GW1 and GW2 accounts were linked. This was definitely the case. They have been linked for a good 2yrs now by the way.

Tried logging into the GW1 client again, making sure to use my GW2 log-in details, as suggested by the ‘link accounts’ page. Still no luck. Still same ‘account information not recognised’.

So I fired up my GW2 client, entered the exact same details as I’d just used for my failed GW1 log-in attempt and got in-game instantly.

So, are the servers down? Has my GW1 account been disabled? Anyone help me figure out why one client works and the other won’t, despite linked account…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you sure the character name is correct? Did you change the password after having linked the two accounts? Those are some things that come to mind.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

your gw1 login needs a gw1 character name.

If this doesn’t help please file a support ticket to get you back in. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

thetasigma.2531

Are you sure the character name is correct? Did you change the password after having linked the two accounts? Those are some things that come to mind.

1: 90% certain. The character name I supplied when the login failed was my very first character, BUT I believe I may have deleted that character. Don’t know if that would affect things.

Otherwise, I can’t remember any character names on the account. I can still provide my original serial key as I have it right here on my disc slipcase. (DON’T WORRY! I’m NOT gonna post it here obviously ) Email is the same as my GW2 account. Password seems to be correct, due to my ability to log in to GW2

2: It has been changed after they were linked, but surely the fact that they’re linked would mean they’re changed on a single ‘login server’ rather than on one client and not the other.

(edited by thetasigma.2531)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

I have my accounts linked too but still log into GW1 using the password I created then. I couldn’t log in using my GW2 info if I tried.
So try your original info for GW1.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

1: 90% certain. The character name I supplied when the login failed was my very first character, BUT I believe I may have deleted that character. Don’t know if that would affect things.

Otherwise, I can’t remember any character names on the account. I can still provide my original serial key as I have it right here on my disc slipcase. (DON’T WORRY! I’m NOT gonna post it here obviously ) Email is the same as my GW2 account. Password seems to be correct, due to my ability to log in to GW2

2: It has been changed after they were linked, but surely the fact that they’re linked would mean they’re changed on a single ‘login server’ rather than on one client and not the other.

1. I do believe deleting the character would have an effect. I think you must use a currently viable character.

2. The reason I asked is if you had not changed your password after the link, you would need to use your original GW1 password. Linking the accounts alone would not change the password.

You might try looking for any old saved screenshots, or such, from GW1. You might find a character name there. Good luck. =)

thetasigma.2531

Well managed to gain access to my account again. Turns out the character name I was using to verify my login WAS deleted afterall. Contacted support and they informed me of a character name I could use after providing all my other details.

Oh well. Thanks for all the help guys