Gem Cards Bought From US, Usable in Canada?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: XyleHarkyn.7029

XyleHarkyn.7029

Q:

I’m planning on picking up a couple of gem cards for a few friends in Canada and giving them out as gifts for the holidays. If I bought the cards in the states and took them up to Canada with me, will they have any problems redeeming them?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

There are two regions: North America and Europe. I think Canada and the US sharing the same continent makes this just fine for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: TheLunaticDawn.8049

TheLunaticDawn.8049

I’m planning on picking up a couple of gem cards for a few friends in Canada and giving them out as gifts for the holidays. If I bought the cards in the states and took them up to Canada with me, will they have any problems redeeming them?

Thanks in advance.

You could buy Gold instead, then give them the Gold and they can exchange it for Gems. Thats an easier way, plus. If the exchange from Gold to Gem is high, they will get more than you originaly planned.

XyleHarkyn.7029

Thanks in advance.

You could buy Gold instead, then give them the Gold and they can exchange it for Gems. Thats an easier way, plus. If the exchange from Gold to Gem is high, they will get more than you originaly planned.

Not a bad idea, but I’d rather give them something they can physically redeem. “Oh here’s 10g” seems a bit impersonal. Even more so than a gift card.

Thanks for the suggestion though. +1

Posted by: TheLunaticDawn.8049

TheLunaticDawn.8049

Thanks in advance.

Not a bad idea, but I’d rather give them something they can physically redeem. “Oh here’s 10g” seems a bit impersonal. Even more so than a gift card.

Thanks for the suggestion though. +1

Well you can pass them the Serials for the Gems, that should work no matter what country they are in. And welcome.

XyleHarkyn.7029

There are two regions: North America and Europe. I think Canada and the US sharing the same continent makes this just fine for you.

Thanks for the response! Made my shopping woes slightly easier!

Have a happy holiday!