Guild Bank Robbed

Guild Bank Robbed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Niacin.4926

Niacin.4926

Q:

I know this issue has been answered before but I still hava question.

The guild I’m in(Army of Lightness [AoL]) has had it’s bank robbed by the Guild Lord who got his account hacked. The hacker(s) took anything that was worth anything out of the bank and now its all gone. Of course we just started a lottery in the guild so the bank was loaded with goodies.

So my question is.

Can’t Anet give things back since there is so roll back function yet? You have proof that the GL was hacked(he got his account back) and the Guild Bank Log can’t be manipulated and it shows that the GL’s account took stuff out of there, in the time frame that he was hacked.

Rox Bladerunner [Guardian] ~ Pi Batty [Warrior] – Yak’s Bend
Sunrise ~ Bifrost ~ Bolt

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A:

We are not able to offer replacement of stolen guild items. Account restorations are simply that: they restore an individual account to its previous state. The ability to restore a shared feature, such as the guild bank, is completely outside the functionality of the process of restoring an individual account.

We are looking into the possibility of having such a feature in the future, but it is not something that we can offer at this time.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: TheLunaticDawn.8049

TheLunaticDawn.8049

I know this issue has been answered before but I still hava question.

The guild I’m in(Army of Lightness [AoL]) has had it’s bank robbed by the Guild Lord who got his account hacked. The hacker(s) took anything that was worth anything out of the bank and now its all gone. Of course we just started a lottery in the guild so the bank was loaded with goodies.

So my question is.

Can’t Anet give things back since there is so roll back function yet? You have proof that the GL was hacked(he got his account back) and the Guild Bank Log can’t be manipulated and it shows that the GL’s account took stuff out of there, in the time frame that he was hacked.

From hours of waitting and research and what Arena has setup, they can literaly track down peoples mail ingame and see what he/she sent to who. They even got an ip loging tracker on the account page, not effective but it does it work. They could just take back the stuff someone stole and return them, a system of tracking so if its put up to the Black Lion Auction House it can still be tracked. Thats probably the only way to help all of us that are hacked, and our stuff stolen without Arena putting in money in the game to flactuate the economy.

Guild Bank Robbed

TheLunaticDawn.8049

We are not able to offer replacement of stolen guild items. Account restorations are simply that: they restore an individual account to its previous state. The ability to restore a shared feature, such as the guild bank, is completely outside the functionality of the process of restoring an individual account.

We are looking into the possibility of having such a feature in the future, but it is not something that we can offer at this time.

How about adding a new feature that only the leaders can withdaw things from the Guild Bank? Also a PIN system? I know im asking for alot of things, cause i really love this game. I want my account fixed so i can enjoy it more, but im stuck waitting. After work i wait, i stand up and do my daily chores then i wait, i cant stand this anymore. Cause i enjoy the game so much, i miss my friends…

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

How about adding a new feature that only the leaders can withdaw things from the Guild Bank? Also a PIN system? I know im asking for alot of things, cause i really love this game. I want my account fixed so i can enjoy it more, but im stuck waitting. After work i wait, i stand up and do my daily chores then i wait, i cant stand this anymore. Cause i enjoy the game so much, i miss my friends…

The guild leader already controls who can and cannot withdraw from the guild bank. It’s just the matter of unchecking a box. It’s been there since launch.

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The guild leader already controls who can and cannot withdraw from the guild bank. It’s just the matter of unchecking a box. It’s been there since launch.

I think this is the answer, TheLunaticDawn. Just as they should take good care in selecting members, officers, and co-leaders, guild leaders also should take care in giving access to the bank and should probably not give it to any- and everyone. There are controls and preventative measures to prevent this sort of abuse, and as I mentioned, we’ll look at the possibility of more guild-related features in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Arena.net, are you aware that guild lords and commanders are generally targeted by account hackers?
Like the example above, my guild’s guild lord on Seafarer’s Rest got hacked and the hacker emptied his own bank, the guild bank and even went so far to destroy stuff like his dungeon tokens, etc… pure sabotage. Of course, you’ve got character roll-back, but what about our guild’s assets that got robbed?

There’s a log even so you would be able to see all that got withdrawn, which would simplify restoration of stolen items. Our guild/server is in contention for top spot in EU in WvW and to have our guild bank robbed is a quite serious set-back.

I’m no guild lord in this guild, just a concerned guildie about why Anet don’t have these(restoration/backup/roll-back/log) things in place when clearly account theft/hacking is a big issue in most MMOs these days.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Guild Bank Robbed

TheLunaticDawn.8049

Arena.net, are you aware that guild lords and commanders are generally targeted by account hackers?
Like the example above, my guild’s guild lord on Seafarer’s Rest got hacked and the hacker emptied his own bank, the guild bank and even went so far to destroy stuff like his dungeon tokens, etc… pure sabotage. Of course, you’ve got character roll-back, but what about our guild’s assets that got robbed?

There’s a log even so you would be able to see all that got withdrawn, which would simplify restoration of stolen items. Our guild/server is in contention for top spot in EU in WvW and to have our guild bank robbed is a quite serious set-back.

I’m no guild lord in this guild, just a concerned guildie about why Anet don’t have these(restoration/backup/roll-back/log) things in place when clearly account theft/hacking is a big issue in most MMOs these days.

Theres logs to almost anything we do ingame, i guess we have to “Wait”.

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

The only way a hacker is going to have any idea which accounts are guild leaders is if they’re in your guild. Barring that, guild leaders can’t be specifically targetted, but they should certainly put more emphasis on proper security measures.

Guild Bank Robbed

TheLunaticDawn.8049

The only way a hacker is going to have any idea which accounts are guild leaders is if they’re in your guild. Barring that, guild leaders can’t be specifically targetted, but they should certainly put more emphasis on proper security measures.

I agree with you on that.

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I think this is the answer, TheLunaticDawn. Just as they should take good care in selecting members, officers, and co-leaders, guild leaders also should take care in giving access to the bank and should probably not give it to any- and everyone. There are controls and preventative measures to prevent this sort of abuse, and as I mentioned, we’ll look at the possibility of more guild-related features in the future.

There is one additional problem – there is no check box (that I can find) for the “deep cave” (third unlocked guild bank tab), so there is no way to restrict access to that part of the guild bank.

Guild Bank Robbed

TheLunaticDawn.8049

Security is getting to be the biggest issue this game has. Sighs

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

The game (GW2/ArenaNet) doesn’t have any security problems, its the customers that are being compromised.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Guild Bank Robbed

TheLunaticDawn.8049

The game (GW2/ArenaNet) doesn’t have any security problems, its the customers that are being compromised.

Ive done research on my spare time not being on GW 2, and alot of the cases including mine. They bypassed the authentication 100% totaly, and i never signed up for a GW 1 or 2 fansite of any short. So theres a few reason how this happened.

1. Sharing personal information.
2. Downloading software from a 3rd party.
3. Not careful with passwords.
4. Account sharing.

All of this doesn’t apply to me, so what do you think is wrong?

Guild Bank Robbed

Dondarrion.2748

I agree with you on that.

What about hanging around LA listening to guild recruit officers? Check out a guild website, you can find out the guild leader in no time. That’s just off the top of my head, so if I can think of something very easy it must be straight-forward for a hacker too.

Guild Bank Robbed

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Like the example above, my guild’s guild lord on Seafarer’s Rest got hacked and the hacker emptied his own bank, the guild bank and even went so far to destroy stuff like his dungeon tokens, etc… pure sabotage.

Generally, someone that’s going to hack accounts isn’t going to waste their own time. They’re going to take what they can get and leave. They may even hope the account is recovered without changing the password, so they can do it again. What that sounds like is someone shared their account and the other person stole it.

A hacker would have used the tokens though, to forge/salvage/sell.

All of this doesn’t apply to me, so what do you think is wrong?

You logged in to account-guildwars2.com and didn’t notice. Phishing is an easy way to steal accounts. Phishing pages look identical to the real thing and when you login, they redirect you to the real page, logged in.

Do you have email authentication? If yes, your email also got hacked, you approved the hacker or the hacker is someone you know. If no, why not?

Do you have the authenticator? If yes, you either let someone gain access to your secret code or the hacker is really close to you.

Currently, there is a java vulnerability, so it actually is possible to get a virus without actually doing anything except browsing websites, as long as java is running.

Guild Bank Robbed

Dondarrion.2748

Like the example above, my guild’s guild lord on Seafarer’s Rest got hacked and the hacker emptied his own bank, the guild bank and even went so far to destroy stuff like his dungeon tokens, etc… pure sabotage.

Generally, someone that’s going to hack accounts isn’t going to waste their own time. They’re going to take what they can get and leave. They may even hope the account is recovered without changing the password, so they can do it again. What that sounds like is someone shared their account and the other person stole it.

A hacker would have used the tokens though, to forge/salvage/sell.

That could be what the hacker did with the tokens, but he/she didn’t just login, wreck havoc and leave, he/she stayed online, many of our guildies saw him online and knew the guild leader himself was not.
But they did not want to flame/anger him in fear he might disband the guild and we would lose absolutely all progress.
I’ve got a screenshot of our guild bank log of the incident if Anet ever need proof.