Guild Wars 2 Offer 19.99€

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Elodie.8249

Elodie.8249

Hello, i just want to know if offer last till day 28 at 00:00 or day 29 at 00:00 (so day 30). I want to know beacuse a friend want to buy the game while offer on. Thanks you for the answer.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 12pm Pacific Time June 25, 2014 through 11:59pm Pacific Time June 29, 2014.

Posted by: Elodie.8249

Elodie.8249

Ok thanks you

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We try to use 11:59 PM instead of Midnight because there is a lot of confusion about whether “Midnight” is the last minute of the old day, or the first minute of the new day. As you can see, the date was late night (11:59 PM or 23:59) Pacific time on 29 June.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

We try to use 11:59 PM instead of Midnight because there is a lot of confusion about whether “Midnight” is the last minute of the old day, or the first minute of the new day. As you can see, the date was late night (11:59 PM or 23:59) Pacific time on 29 June.

Well, every (standard) digital clock these days, e.g on your desktop PC/laptop, etc, treats midnight as the first minute of the new day. I would think that’s more reliable than any arguments people may have had throughout the ages. :p

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, every (standard) digital clock these days, e.g on your desktop PC/laptop, etc, treats midnight as the first minute of the new day. I would think that’s more reliable than any arguments people may have had throughout the ages. :p

Regardless, many people feel like midnight is something associated with night (PM), rather than morning (AM). Something that also contributes is 12-noon (associated with day) and 12-midnight (associated with night). So, there is often confusion. =)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I think we’ve gotten a little off topic, but I did send kudos to our Marketing Team for using 11:59 PM and 12:01 AM.

Interesting info here: http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/times.cfm#midnight and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock#Confusion_at_noon_and_midnight.

Since we’ve wrapped up the intention of the thread, I’ll go ahead and close now.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet