Hall of Monument rewards Issue

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: I Am Overrated.3812

I Am Overrated.3812

I should have posted this a long time ago but never got around to it. I was an avid player of Guild Wars. I bought every expansion and played through every expansion. I of course added all of my accomplishments to The Hall of Monuments in guild wars.

The problem I am having is I CANNOT RECEIVE MY REWARDS FROM HALL OF MONUMENTS! I got the Hall of Monuments stone and teleported there. I talked to the stupid historian and all he tells me is “Heros once strode here I see the same glory in your eyes”…… I WAS ONE OF THOSE HEROS!! Don’t even tell me this BS. I played Guild Wars for 5 years and now I have nothing to show for it!!!?

Yes I linked my accounts, yes I had my achievements logged into the hall of Monuments in gw1. One easy way to tell is that when I click Hall of Monuments tab on this website and type in my old GW1 characters name “I Am Overrated” It shows my accomplishments.

Fix this, seriously ANET this is on your end not mine. I have done everything I was supposed to do and have not been able to claim any of my rewards.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I should have posted this a long time ago but never got around to it. I was an avid player of Guild Wars. I bought every expansion and played through every expansion. I of course added all of my accomplishments to The Hall of Monuments in guild wars.

The problem I am having is I CANNOT RECEIVE MY REWARDS FROM HALL OF MONUMENTS! I got the Hall of Monuments stone and teleported there. I talked to the stupid historian and all he tells me is “Heros once strode here I see the same glory in your eyes”…… I WAS ONE OF THOSE HEROS!! Don’t even tell me this BS. I played Guild Wars for 5 years and now I have nothing to show for it!!!?

Yes I linked my accounts, yes I had my achievements logged into the hall of Monuments in gw1. One easy way to tell is that when I click Hall of Monuments tab on this website and type in my old GW1 characters name “I Am Overrated” It shows my accomplishments.

Fix this, seriously ANET this is on your end not mine. I have done everything I was supposed to do and have not been able to claim any of my rewards.

This has worked for some people: Enter your Hall of Monuments in GW1. Speak to Kimmes the Historian, and change your Hall from Account-wide to Character-wide, or vice versa. Once you have done that, enter the Hall of Monuments in GW2 and speak to Kimmes, once again. Your rewards should now be available. Good luck. =)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

IC’s suggestions are sound. In addition, I think I will link the wiki because there is a lot of good info there: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

I Am Overrated.3812

I don’t have Guild Wars installed on this computer because I didn’t see a reason to since Guild Wars 2 came out.

I Am Overrated.3812

Please elaborate on how that information is going to aid me with my current situation Gaile. I know how to get to The Hall of Monuments in both games I’ve probably been there more times than you have in both games, no offense. The issue is even after linking my Guild Wars account to my Guild Wars 2 account Guild Wars 2 isn’t recognizing it for some reason.

Posted by: Crimsony.2514

Crimsony.2514

I don’t have Guild Wars installed on this computer because I didn’t see a reason to since Guild Wars 2 came out.

You’ll probably need to install it to get your rewards. Whether or not you actually try it is up to you.

Edit: to elaborate, Inculpatus cedo’s steps work for most people. So it’s worth a try.

(edited by Crimsony.2514)

Posted by: Thervold.2940

Thervold.2940

Does your GW2 account show you as having the related achievements? If not, then something went screwy with the linking process. Luckily, the GW1 client is free to download, and since it has no subscription, you should be able to reinstall it to try Inculpatus cedo’s suggestion. I think Gaile misunderstood the problem, since wiki does not mention this solution. I’m going to add it there in case it helps others.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

snip

I’m going to add it there in case it helps others.

Marvelous, Thervold, and thank you! I had a ready link (while working on something else) so I believed that the info on the wiki would be complete. Thanks for helping to make it so — I know it will help others in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet