Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: veccar.8421

veccar.8421

@tolunart
None taken mate and it was a serial code.

The reason why we buy/bought it via Ebay and from trusted (re)sellers is due to the fact that we don’t have Wal-Mart or Best Buy shops in most country’s in Europe. And also because and it has to be said. That it is a lot cheaper then the “official” stores.

I also have to admit that this was the first time EVER for over about 8 years of buying stuff on ebay, and that something went wrong via ebay and/or one of they’re trusted and official (re)sellers. I have bought tons of MMO’s – paycards- serials etc via ebay already and never had any issues.

As a costumor on ebay you are fully protected under official laws and the feedback and they’re costumor services are awesome. I have contacted the (re)seller via ebay and due to the fact that it is his/her fault we got already fully refunded and the case is closed.

Happy gaming bud ;-)

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

My account has been terminated permanently for no reason?

I’m pretty confused as I really haven’t been doing much on my account. Just regular farming, couple dungeons, bit of crafting.

What’s the go?

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

Posted by: grant winslow.3986

grant winslow.3986

well i might as well add to the list of disgruntled customers who has been banned for no reason. submitted my ticket three days ago and still not had the problem resolved. disappointed that someone cant even acknowledge your ticket.
such a large company such a poor cusomer relation base.

Mexay.4521

We really need phone support. It’s so much easier.

Mexay.4521

I read this entire thread again.

I’m really glad that it’s not just me. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s awful that it’s happening, but at least we aren’t all alone and we now know that something is actually up.

Posted by: Artermis.6792

Artermis.6792

Well unfortunately i still cannot get access to the game, nor have i received any communication from Anet.

My ticket number is: 121024-002169

This is incredibly disapointing. How do i go about getting a refund? Do i just call my credit card company and reverse the payment? I have done nothing to deserve this treatment.

Posted by: K Smooth.5426

K Smooth.5426

After 3 days received a response from support requiring more information. It’s been almost 2 days since i responded… Why does it take so long??

121020 002032 (I memorized this lmao)

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Incident: 121025-001928

I’ve been following the development of GW2 since 2010, and even pre-purchased the game on faith that the development team would deliver, despite the lack of a launch date. But this fiasco is squandering all the goodwill it has earned from me.

Whatever process is in place needs to be looked at. It shouldn’t be a case of “only X percent are wrongly banned”. If we are only going to be a statistic, instead of a valued customer, then I will factor this heavily before supporting the company on faith alone in future.

Mexay.4521

Incident: 121025-001928

I’ve been following the development of GW2 since 2010, and even pre-purchased the game on faith that the development team would deliver, despite the lack of a launch date. But this fiasco is squandering all the goodwill it has earned from me.

Whatever process is in place needs to be looked at. It shouldn’t be a case of “only X percent are wrongly banned”. If we are only going to be a statistic, instead of a valued customer, then I will factor this heavily before supporting the company on faith alone in future.

So much this.

I can understand that maybe they’re having problems with software, but this should really be their top priority.

Posted by: ArachToxicated.2645

ArachToxicated.2645

My account got blocked, someone did change my password, contacted support telling them my account got blocked. After an hour i was able to login again, soj ust to be safe, i added a 30character password and the mobile authenticator, all well so far.

Next day when i try to login, i get the notification your account has been banned for gold selling etc etc…

Really Anet ? Really ?

Send a support ticket last night, got an update of Anet asking for my serial code etc, replied within minutes and now it has been about 12 hours since they replied. Frustrating beyond belief

Mexay.4521

My account got blocked, someone did change my password, contacted support telling them my account got blocked. After an hour i was able to login again, soj ust to be safe, i added a 30character password and the mobile authenticator, all well so far.

Next day when i try to login, i get the notification your account has been banned for gold selling etc etc…

Really Anet ? Really ?

Send a support ticket last night, got an update of Anet asking for my serial code etc, replied within minutes and now it has been about 12 hours since they replied. Frustrating beyond belief

Lucky. I haven’t even had a response and I’ve already provided that information

Maybe they’re investigating your case?

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I can understand ArenaNet making mistakes, it happens. What I don’t understand is their incredibly byzantine customer support process. The way they treat honest customers is beyond unprofessional.

It has been 5 days since I sent in my ticket and have never once recieved any response from them for this issue. Gaile did mention that my ticket is in some sort of queue in the 3 days and older thread. Other than that I have been totally ignored. It is very frustrating and has totally changed my opinion of ArenaNet.

I use to think ArenaNet was one of the few good gaming companies, that isn’t the case anymore.

121021-001711

Mexay.4521

I can understand ArenaNet making mistakes, it happens. What I don’t understand is their incredibly byzantine customer support process. The way they treat honest customers is beyond unprofessional.

It has been 5 days since I sent in my ticket and have never once recieved any response from them for this issue. Gaile did mention that my ticket is in some sort of queue in the 3 days and older thread. Other than that I have been totally ignored. It is very frustrating and has totally changed my opinion of ArenaNet.

I use to think ArenaNet was one of the few good gaming companies, that isn’t the case anymore.

121021-001711

It might be a good idea if they just reset all bans done over the past week.

It would fix all the problems and they can just revisit it all and if people continue to break the rules, then they get banned.

Posted by: corvocuore.2571

corvocuore.2571

My account got terminated too, I never buy any gold, report every single gold seller I see in chat and all mails I recive.

I open a ticket and send all the relevant information, try to login several times, no luck and not response from support.

Thanks of this I can play the halloween event, thanks so much.

P.D. My ticket: 121025-003179

(edited by corvocuore.2571)

Posted by: Stef.9328

Stef.9328

121021-001711

wait..is it just me or Anet saying,“buy another kitten key or just wait endlessly for the respond!” lmao
Sorry I know it’s stupid but I have to say it. ;( I’m so mad cos I miss the Halloween event

Artermis.6792

I know of 3 ppl in the same guild as me (we have 150 members) who has had their accounts terminated ‘by mistake’ it appears. Its widespread.

Although i agree Anet has to tackle these kinds of things, I am incredibly disapointed in their lack of support.

Mexay.4521

I’m expecting some sort of public statement. This is outrageous. I didn’t pay all that money to be banned and then half-ignored.

Posted by: makiboyd.1532

makiboyd.1532

Also got the same issue for being wrongfully terminated due to real-world money sales. I just replied to the other thread for 3-days-older-tickets-for-review, hopefully it gets attended soon… Reposting for the others having the similar issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/35
(sorry for spamming, no harm intended, just helping out)

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

It’s been 2 days now since I’ve received a reply for my wrongful ban (also concerning gold selling). Looks like I’m gonna miss at least the ‘one time’ halloween event.

Artermis.6792

Ive had enough, ive raised 3 tickets and got nowhere.

121026-002242
121025-002276
121024-002169

if i dont recieve my money back for gems i never recieved (from your trade post) then my credit card company will get involved.

Didnt want to resort to this, but i have no choice.

Posted by: Rafael Figueroa.8970

Rafael Figueroa.8970

Same issues here… I just played pvp so far, so no gold buying or anything like this.
Already open ticket but no answer so far, can´t login in days! That is RIDICULOUS!!!
Hundreds are banned with no reason, Arena Net should review it policies and more important INCREASE THE SUPPORT TEAM!! You guys are making a lot of money, so please be more sensitive about the players.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

When you guys post in this thread, it’s only meaningful if you include your ticket number. I know you may be frustrated, but if you include the number, there’s actually a value to the post (aside from getting something off your chest ).

Thanks for including your 12-digit Incident or Ticket Number.

Also please note that some of the people posting here in heated tones are botters or RMT workers. Not everyone who is blocked is blocked in error. In fact, the vast majority of those whose accounts are terminated are provably guilty. Sometimes there are issues, occasionally there are errors, but they are a tiny percentage and we will take care of those. But please don’t perceive there’s some sort of massive problem simply because you see people protesting. In some cases, the protest is well-warranted. In others, it’s just a rant from a frustrated botter or RMTer.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Rafael Figueroa.8970

Rafael Figueroa.8970

When you guys post in this thread, it’s only meaningful if you include your ticket number. I know you may be frustrated, but if you include the number, there’s actually a value to the post (aside from getting something off your chest ).

Thanks for including your 12-digit Incident or Ticket Number.

Also please note that some of the people posting here in heated tones are botters or RMT workers. Not everyone who is blocked is blocked in error. In fact, the vast majority of those whose accounts are terminated are provably guilty. Sometimes there are issues, occasionally there are errors, but they are a tiny percentage and we will take care of those. But please don’t perceive there’s some sort of massive problem simply because you see people protesting. In some cases, the protest is well-warranted. In others, it’s just a rant from a frustrated botter or RMTer.

After reading the whole thread and talk to a friend that also has been wrongful banned it is hard to not get frustrated and have the impressions that it´s is due to errors.
But I also agree with you Gaile in the fact that Anet has to deal with a lot of gold sellers and cheaters.
So after “getting something off my chest” I leave here the support tickets and hope that I and the others that have the unfair ban got the account back… for the weekend.

121026-002248
121025-003169

ps: I live in Brasil and when you convert the game price to our currency it get really expensive, I have to save money for a while to buy it, that is one more reason for I´m been angry…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks, Rafael. I look forward to seeing other updates (or edited posts) to include Incident Numbers.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Gaile, I understand ArenaNet’s need to deal with botters and gold sellers. But your “tiny percentage” is still a huge amount of players wrongfully banned. Being wrongfully banned is bad enough, but to add insult to injury is the fact that it takes so much time and effort to get ArenaNet to acknowledge their mistake.

After 5 days I still have never recieved any kind of response or explanation for why my account was banned. The gold selling notice on my log in screen is the only thing I have to go by.

So not only am I angry that you all banned me for something I have never done and never would, but ArenaNet’s customer support is so sadly lacking that we are treated as if we don’t exist. So of course we are angry, and rightfully so. How would you feel if you were treated as shabbily as we have been, for something you did not do?

121021-001711

(edited by Grim West.3194)

Posted by: Wombat.8302

Wombat.8302

Guys, same thing here.
I got blocked (suspended for an account issue, whatever that means)

although I never ever sweared as far as I recalled it
My char name is Sprout Oaksfeld (I can’t see a way that can be offending to anyone, even to Greenpeace)
I didn’t buy sell gold, I didn’t talk about it or in any sort of way conducted any type of game rules breach.
I didn’t use cheats, bots whatsoever

I was hunting for events, I needed two more approx 15 minutes ago, to finish the daily achievement game and go to sleep. I did the same event twice i think, but as far as I recall it , it is no offence, and you are not prohibited from doing the same event twice.

Then I get suspended for what reason?

The exact reason wasn’t even specified.

The error code is 45:6:3:2114 And google shows up reports of people with messy and profane usernames banned for them. But mine is ok!

I am really frustrated and am having a bad time for my money right now. I’ve got a ticket within a supprot system and I hope people will look it through. Bad time, really. I haven’t even cursed in the chat once.

P.s.

I even helped out npcs all the time not to mention the players to whose aid I always rushed, I was telling about this wonderfull world to my friend when this logout-ban thing happened. I feel ashamed and was being laughed at.

Posted by: Wombat.8302

Wombat.8302

My case is:

[Incident: 121026-003050]
[Incident: 121026-003032]

P.s. I don’t know why there’s two tickets.

Posted by: toocute.6132

toocute.6132

My case is 121027-000395 . I would like to check, will i be able to get back my account if i get a new cdkey?

Posted by: Kitsuune.8740

Kitsuune.8740

My case/reference number is:

121027-000624

Posted by: Memento Mori.1594

Memento Mori.1594

Seems like a lot of people are banned for the mysterious “account issue” thing, well… same here,

121027-000705 is the incident number, cheers mate : D

Posted by: hakimi.3097

hakimi.3097

My Incident No : Incident: 121027-000144

Step i have taken, buy new cd key, link with old account, get the notice the code is overlap.

Still cant login.

Order number: 30067488

Posted by: quallenbezwinger.4051

quallenbezwinger.4051

Same here:
My Incident No : Incident: 121027-001258

Posted by: Vrungel.7182

Vrungel.7182

Hi there.
First of all i’m not banned, not yet…
But after what i read here i’m pretty sure i will be banned, like 2 of my friends for just beeing customers. It’s simply matter of time.
I new NCSoft is a fail, i thought ANet will handle that. That was a mistake. No more games from you guys, deal with it.

I’m not a goldseller or botter, but you will still ban me i’m sure. I think it’s because the game has no monthly subs so NCSoft is trying to make double money forcing us to buy the game twice.

Just my 2 cents and yes i’m not adding anything constructive to this topic so you have all the rights to delete it. Isn’t it nice?

Posted by: zenekiel.3406

zenekiel.3406

My account got suspended for an account issue as well. I was so excited about the act 2 of the halloween event then this happened. ~_~

Reference No. 121027-000659

Posted by: Pronoes.4239

Pronoes.4239

Same with mine. Just logged in for first time in a month or so and turns out I am suspended. Bit of a joke tbh but will definitely be changing all emails and passwords if/when I get my account back up and running.

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

“Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for an account issue. Please contact support for information.”
Build:15873
Erorr code: 45:6:3:2114

121027-001730

Do something?

PS: What does “for an account issue” mean?

Attachments:

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

Posted by: Calico.7920

Calico.7920

Incident: 121027-001886

My account seems also to be Terminated for gold selling or helping with.
I can tell you thats not the case (or gems buying trough your store counts)
I hope you guys have a fix for it, had realy fun until now with the game
Hope to hear soon …

Posted by: kev.8549

kev.8549

Incident: 121027-000347
Also got the same Error 45. Already submitted a ticket and waiting for a response.

Posted by: ebentan.1785

ebentan.1785

Yep. Exact error message I received as well when I tried to login 4 hours ago. Suspended for an account issue and no email received that explain further what is the issue.

Incident: 121027-001488

Maybe ArenaNet can consider minimizing suspending/banning of accounts over weekends or even during holiday events which I think most people will be playing the game around this peak period? This way innocent players like us here are able to settle any disputes during weekdays instead of loosing play time on weekends waiting for Support to resolve the issue…

Posted by: Asarin.3058

Asarin.3058

Got reply from GM Roland after nearly 50-60Hr

Ref : 121024-001627

“The account was permanently closed because it was involved in the sale of in-game items for cash or other items with real world value, or otherwise engaged in gathering items to be sold for cash or other items with real world value. Both actions are against our User Agreement, where Section 2, sub-section f states, “You acknowledge You will not directly or indirectly, to the extent permitted by applicable law:…sell, sub-license, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, borrow, lend, loan, network or sell or engage in any activity that could in any way transfer or provide others access to any Service, Content, Software, or parts thereof…”

Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld. For your convenience, you can obtain more information about our rules at the address listed below."

At lease I have got reply. But how can I proof that I am innocent? (Well, I asked him back already and waiting for reply.) I don’t know how I get involve with that kind of thing. I know every game common rule and I always play along that rule. Why I must risk to lost my account for something like that? You know what, $79.99 is 1/4 of my salary! I am not fool enough to throw away my money just for that.

Can’t you check from play log? I can tell you every action of mine in this game.

9/21/2012 – Got hacked for first time. My crafting material are lost along with 1G.

9/22/2012 – Got my account back. Pump up my gold to 2-3G and pay back my dept to my friend. I sold my crafting material to BLG and throw everything else to NPC vendor.

9/26/2012 – Got hacked for 2 times. Low level crafting material lost along with my 1-2G again. My friend got contact with hacker and got my account back.

I have got hacked for 2 times, is that a reason why I got banned?

Hacked Counter: 2 Times!
Just 1 gold and you want it? Bahhhh!!
Got banned for something I didn’t do?? Bahhhhh!!!

Posted by: Ramon.2137

Ramon.2137

Same for me Error Code 45. No answer from Supp, but ticket is up for just 6-7hours.
From what I read in posters before, the way ArenaNet solving those problem is ridiculous. You should trust way more to people that bought your game. Its more likely hackers that violated game-rules after somehow getting account details in my honest opinion. Easiest way to check things is just to look into gamelogs and see when/whom( ip etc) violated your rules. If I can, I really suggest you to listen/trust your players abit more becouse you might scare more and more and I doubt you want that Gamedesigners etc.

Reference # 121027-001600

(edited by Ramon.2137)

CutePicsHunter.7430

but ticket is up for just 6-7hours.

For just 6-7 hours? Didnt even think that gw2 support is so unprofessional.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Ramon.2137

Ramon.2137

I meant its only for 6 hours.
You said gw2 support is unprofessional, but yes compared to other TOP MMO Games Supports theres still a place to improve, thats what Im pointing out. ;]

CutePicsHunter.7430

Im just very annoyed because i simply dont understand why did i get this ban, and there is no way to know it, i can just make ticket and wait for i dont know what. And i play gw only on weekends.

HoT is just a cash grab.

Posted by: Nemus.8702

Nemus.8702

Excatly the same issue just for the matter i was just starting act event’s, when suddenly the game crashed with a pop windows coudnt read it but it said something about account blocked for .xy..xy.xy something. when i tried to relog in then saw that my account got suspended. I was like wonderfull perfect timing getting this at a 1 time year.
I wrote my ticket up and got a realy fast answer :
Ticket id : 121026-003005

We understand that you’re currently unable to access Guild Wars 2. In order to assist you properly, we will be redirecting your issue to the appropriate department. They should be in touch with you shortly.

Atleast coud have gave and explonasion why did i get suspended. I play mmo games for over 8 year now and never had anything like this before .

I have no doubt about they going aggressive on bots couse i saw them every day aswell
and report them aswell , but as i see so many " innocent " ppl getting suspended while the bots are there every day after day after donnu what to hope for ………..

Posted by: Calico.7920

Calico.7920

Incident: 121027-001886

I dont want to make this a offtopic post, but i know the feeling.
I mentaly prepared today to go 100% for the clock tower jumping puzzle, but its a no go for me now.
I love doing achievments and love events cause you get exclusive achievements for it.
But now i must go look on my little brother his Pc to see the 28th 1 time event at Noon Pst.
Only hope my account can be fixed for the event ends, so that i still have a chance to get my achievments

Posted by: Nirniam.3691

Nirniam.3691

Same here unable to login for the past 24 Hours for no reason
Incident :121026-002883

Posted by: toocute.1759

toocute.1759

I was suspended for more than 5 days due to fraud seller of the serial code, but I have already added new serial code and I’m still suspended, submit a ticket 24 hours ago.. but still no reply from them…

Ticket number #121027-000349

Posted by: Deutero.3986

Deutero.3986

Anet has become a very ridiculous this time.
My account has been suspended for an account issue.
Which is I dont know why…..
This should be fix asap, Anet should realize there so many complaint about falsely accused ban/suspended case. AND thats not our wrong doing. Its yours.
MAN THIS IS SUX A LOT.

ref 121027-002074
error code 45:6:3:2114

Posted by: hotforteacher.1846

hotforteacher.1846

Telling people to submit support tickets is nice, and maybe you’ll get a response after feeling horrible for breaking some rule you didn’t even break—and maybe you’ll get account access back after your leisure time for the weekend has come and gone…

I think Gaile seems to be missing what the community is saying here: that ArenaNet has a very broken process for determining sanctions on a player account. It’s very much a guilty until proven innocent mindset and one that utterly saps enjoyment from the game.

And I’m affected too. When I logged in this morning, I was greeted with a demand to change my character name, which is the same name I’ve used for 7 years now. the message said my character name was using words or parts of words that were inappropriate.

I suspect, given that the SAME NAME is still good in GW1 (so apparently it’s appropriate there, but not in GW2…) that I was reported for having an inappropriate name by someone who didn’t like losing in a PVP match in the halloween events.

GuildWars2’s virtual point-n-click report system makes it far too easy for this kind of “pointing finger of the accuser is always right” mentality. If you’re going to ban accounts and character names, the process should be for bona fide violations of the user agreement and not for arbitrary and capricious causes. If bans are executed, then have the respect for the player and give the cause up front. This ban-first-then-research/respond-later-if-support-ticket-emerges strategy is not doing good things for community relations.

As many have said, this environment, which is fairly hostile toward players, is not one where I want to invest more than the $80 that I’ve already spent for a game I now can’t play unless I change my character name.