Invalid Account

Invalid Account

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Blue Whisper.6085

Blue Whisper.6085

My friend can’t seem to log into his account. He has the correct password and email, he even reset his password. Bold red letters appear and say it is an invalid username and password. We have tried a lot of things. It doesn’t work on his computer, but it works on mine. He has Windows 8, I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. He is trying to log into the website so he can download the client. It won’t work.

(edited by Blue Whisper.6085)

Invalid Account

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

So he can download the client?

Is he still downloading? If so he needs to wait till the download is finished.

Invalid Account

Blue Whisper.6085

So he can download the client?

Is he still downloading? If so he needs to wait till the download is finished.

No, he can’t download. He can’t get into his account at all.

Invalid Account

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Wait, did he already have the client?

Because I don’t understand where it is he can’t log in. Is it the client or the website?

Invalid Account

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not really understanding.

First you download the client.
iirc, you don’t need to have an account for that, you simply download it. The email and password is to get into the game once the client is downloaded.

Invalid Account

Blue Whisper.6085

Wait, did he already have the client?

Because I don’t understand where it is he can’t log in. Is it the client or the website?

He can’t log into the website to download the client. His account says it is invalid when he tried to login to the guild wars 2 website. He doesn’t not already have the client.

Invalid Account

Posted by: Rakukaja.4382

Rakukaja.4382

This just happened to me a couple of minutes ago, earlier I logged into the client just fine but decided I wanted to play something else and closed it. Now when I try and log in it says invalid account.

Nevermind, I can log in now. I think when I closed the client after logging in it didn’t log me out for some reason, so it thought I was actually in game.

(edited by Rakukaja.4382)