Items disappearing in Safety Deposit Box

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I logged on today and after looking at my mini pet collection, I noticed the Mr. Sparkles pet an admin had helped me activate this month has vanished completely from my deposit box. I thought maybe this was from my own doing, but then other items started vanishing too, such as the Experience Scroll I was about to use on my Asura Elementalist.

I stopped using the box until further notice because I keep noticing items that are vanishing, but those two were the first to go.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Do you mean one of your bags on your char? Or the bank collections tab?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Also what do you mean by vansihing?? are they really gone? or just not showing.

Have you tried a different location to look into your bag or bank??
I happens to me from time to time (specially in LA) that the lag is so bad that the items are where they supposed to be, but just not showing in the inventory cause the icon hasnt loaded yet. Trying a different town to access those things always solved this for me.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

DrDivine.5378

Also what do you mean by vansihing?? are they really gone? or just not showing.

Have you tried a different location to look into your bag or bank??
I happens to me from time to time (specially in LA) that the lag is so bad that the items are where they supposed to be, but just not showing in the inventory cause the icon hasnt loaded yet. Trying a different town to access those things always solved this for me.

They’re gone from what I’ve seen, I’ve tried opening my bank in a location with less lag as LA gets kinda crazy, even tried it on different characters but the items are actually gone. I found this out after making an asura sentimentalist I wanted to use the scroll on, so I went to my bank and noticed it wasn’t there. I scrolled down and noticed a few other items had vanished completely as well. I’ve never had this problem before so I hope it’s just a glitch.

DrDivine.5378

Do you mean one of your bags on your char? Or the bank collections tab?

The bank, with the exception of my rockfur raccoon which I can duplicate with the HoM, I don’t carry pets around because they take up space so I just deposit them.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a known glitch where items disappear from the bank or Guild bank when depositing or withdrawing said items. (I understand this is not what happened in your case, but…) They usually show back up after either re-logging, or after a day or two. Hopefully, the items you are missing will show up, again, as well. Good luck.

DrDivine.5378

There is a known glitch where items disappear from the bank or Guild bank when depositing or withdrawing said items. (I understand this is not what happened in your case, but…) They usually show back up after either re-logging, or after a day or two. Hopefully, the items you are missing will show up, again, as well. Good luck.

I checked this morning and the missing items are still gone. I feel bad because Support had just helped me unlock Mr. Sparkles on the 11th (Someone gave me a region locked code for Christmas). I ended up depositing it because I wanted to keep it with my rytlock mini, and i actually did see it there in my bank this week. I’m not sure if anything else missing, I noticed the experience scroll and Mr. sparkles because they were both items I had planned to take out for my asura. Thank you.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’m a little worried that someone may have access to your account, although generally when this happens more than a few items are missing. Are you sharing the account with someone? Have you activated authentication, and have you gotten any notifications of remote access? Did you happen to delete a character recently that may have had the mini in its possession?

If the answer to all of these is “No,” then I suggest you look at every possible storage space: character, collection, bank, bags, boxes, tote bags, refrigerated coolers…. oooh, new item ideas! But seriously, most of the time when someone notes just one or a few items missing the agent is able to suggest places to look and the item was simply placed somewhere other than where the player thought to look. So I’ve given you the list. If you still cannot find it, do submit a ticket and an agent will be happy to help.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

DrDivine.5378

I’m a little worried that someone may have access to your account, although generally when this happens more than a few items are missing. Are you sharing the account with someone? Have you activated authentication, and have you gotten any notifications of remote access? Did you happen to delete a character recently that may have had the mini in its possession?

If the answer to all of these is “No,” then I suggest you look at every possible storage space: character, collection, bank, bags, boxes, tote bags, refrigerated coolers…. oooh, new item ideas! But seriously, most of the time when someone notes just one or a few items missing the agent is able to suggest places to look and the item was simply placed somewhere other than where the player thought to look. So I’ve given you the list. If you still cannot find it, do submit a ticket and an agent will be happy to help.

Thank you for the helpful advice, I went through everything (characters, all bags on each characters, refrigerated coolers lol etc.) but no luck. Me and my friend thought it may have been hacking, but I find it unlikely since all my gold is still there and I would think that would be the first thing they would take. Plus, my password is really long and convoluted xD

Thank you for your help, I have submitted a ticket just as a back up plan, hopefully Mr. Sparkles and my experience scroll isn’t in a magical cooler of some kind!

(edited by DrDivine.5378)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thank you for the helpful advice, I went through everything (characters, all bags on each characters, refrigerated coolers lol etc.) but no luck. Me and my friend thought it may have been hacking, but I find it unlikely since all my gold is still there and I would think that would be the first thing they would take. Plus, my password is really long and convoluted xD

I submitted a ticket just in case, is there a possibility I will be able to get my items back?

The team will do everything they can to make that happen, after they can track down what took place. There should be game logs that show possession of an item and then what happened to it, so it shouldn’t be impossible to get this all sorted for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DrDivine.5378

I submitted a ticket just in case, is there a possibility I will be able to get my items back?

The team will do everything they can to make that happen, after they can track down what took place. There should be game logs that show possession of an item and then what happened to it, so it shouldn’t be impossible to get this all sorted for you.

Thank you, I doubt it was hacking, it was either a technical glitch or I could’ve just really messed and didn’t notice it until now. I just thought it was really bizarre that both items went vanished.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thank you, I doubt it was hacking, it was either a technical glitch or I could’ve just really messed and didn’t notice it until now. I just thought it was really bizarre that both items went vanished.

If yours is the ticket that the team is reviewing at present, it looks as if you deleted the character that held the mini. ~ahem~

You’ll get a response real soon, and the team will see what they can do to help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DrDivine.5378

If yours is the ticket that the team is reviewing at present, it looks as if you deleted the character that held the mini. ~ahem~

You’ll get a response real soon, and the team will see what they can do to help!

Hopefully it is the same ticket, as I would rather it be an accident deletion rather than an obscure glitch or hacking. xD I guess I forgot to check as I play after I get out of college and may have forgotten where my items were stored.

They said it might take awhile to get back to the ticket as they have to find out the exact day it was lost. I took it into PVP a lot with my charr so I gave them an estimate day and time.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Well, I can figure that out. What’s your ticket number?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DrDivine.5378

Well, I can figure that out. What’s your ticket number?

It should be under ticket 247685, which was originally the ticket helping with activating the pet in mid january, but I think they just updated it.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Got it. And you had updated your old ticket and made a new one, so I was looking on 307013 and it was and it was actually updated on 247685.

I’m glad we were able to help you out.

And by the way, I’m not a “he.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DrDivine.5378

Got it. And you had updated your old ticket and made a new one, so I was looking on 307013 and it was and it was actually updated on 247685.

I’m glad we were able to help you out.

And by the way, I’m not a “he.”

Wow I did get my replacement, I just checked my account and got my Mr. Sparkles back. Thanks!

lol I apologize apparently I also fail at getting genders right. In all seriousness though, you’ve helped me a lot and I really appreciate it!

Previous

Gaile Gray

You’re very welcome, I’m glad we were able to get this all sorted for you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet