Managed to lose 42,000 Karma due to misclick, anything I can do?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

So today I was looking forward to buying my warrior a few pieces of exotic armor which is nice because I just hit level 80 and he was still wearing rather old/weak gear. Statswise I quite liked the look of the Melandru Armor sold in Cursed Shore and so I ran all the way from Fort Trinity to the Cursed Shore with only a Greatsword and Signet of Rage to help me on my way.

As a result of the recent patch I earned 10 Jugs of Liquid Karma from the monthly reward and used a karma booster to amplify it. Given that I had a bit of Karma saved up on top of that I was able to afford three pieces of Aurora armor of Melandru. However after buying the Heavy Aurora Breastplate and the Heavy Aurora Leggings I managed to misclick. I honestly cannot fathom how this happened but I managed to buy a second pair of leggings instead of Heavy Aurora Boots. Due to the fact that the Karma vendor offers no way to undo the transaction and I cannot even salvage them I have just wasted 42,000 Karma. I honestly have no words right now and am indeed rather upset. Now I am assuming that this is just tough luck really and I need to be more careful where I click, but writing about this and at least exploring this avenue has been rather therapeutic because it offers a glimmer of hope (even if the situation is forlorn and this is all for naught). Anyways I thought I would give it a try, thanks for listening/reading!

Posted by: Ashlar.2519

Ashlar.2519

Unfortunately, yes, that misclick has cost you. As of now, there is no proceedure for ArenaNet to reimburse you the cost and remove the incorrect item. I believe they are working on something for the not-too-distant future, though it is not yet in place.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Right now, we’re unable to correct this issue, either by offering a “sell back” option or through replacement of the Karma. We are discussing this with the Live Team, to see how we can best handle future incidents of this type.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: ciannait.1945

ciannait.1945

Yeah… I bought the digital collector’s edition, found a (small) guild, used my Tome of Influence… And then the GM disbanded the guild and re-formed it because she didn’t like the name. sigh

Stuff like that stinks!

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

I honestly don’t see the harm in making vendor-purchased, soulbind on acquire items have a sellback value the same as their purchase value. As long as the item hasn’t been transmuted onto something else, you should be able to just return it at face value.

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

So many times I’ve bought wrong set pieces for my profession and lost G… XD I wouldn’t mind getting that option of returning the stuff for the same I prize I bought them for. ^^

Xifix | Thief

Posted by: Sylent.8271

Sylent.8271

I honestly don’t see the harm in making vendor-purchased, soulbind on acquire items have a sellback value the same as their purchase value. As long as the item hasn’t been transmuted onto something else, you should be able to just return it at face value.

I like this idea, but maybe put a time limit on it – something like you must return the item within 10 minutes to get the value back. That and you can’t have equipped or done anything to it. But yeah, hopefully they’ll put something like this in soon, it’d be good not to be so wary of misclicks = ]

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

How about a purchase confirmation box for karma purchases?

Posted by: Rejam.3946

Rejam.3946

Are we just supposed to destroy items purchased in error? Items can be bought even if they cannot be used by the profession, added to the fact they cannot be salvaged or sold.
They are also soulbound, so giving them to an alt is also not an option. This is a very poorly implemented system.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet