People that are banned for unknown reason

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Krog.8493

Krog.8493

Ok just write here who got bann and don’t know why he got it:)
Maybe customers service will se how big is this problem.

Posted by: Tattis.7512

Tattis.7512

I was banned for no obvuois reason at all and have been given no explanation

“This account has been permanently banned for a violation of the user agreement and/or rules of conduct.”
Have no idea what part of this has been violated, could be anything…but I highly doubt I have done anything wrong since all I have been doing is questing whit friends, not talking in chat at all.
I have not received any e-mail from ArenaNet saying I have been hacked or anything like that, can’t see any strang activity in My account – Security.
I can still log on to post on the forum and to see “My account” (same account details as always).
I did however have money vanishing from my inventory 2 days in a row prior to being banned, which I made a ingame ticket about.

(edited by Tattis.7512)

Posted by: Falkner Blitz.1348

Falkner Blitz.1348

“This account has been permanently banned for a violation of the user agreement and/or rules of conduct.”

I got the same thing….the first time I tried to log in. I’ve been on vacation for the past 2 weeks so I haven’t even played the game since the beta weekend events.

Posted by: Shivo.3651

Shivo.3651

I got the same thing….the first time I tried to log in. I’ve been on vacation for the past 2 weeks so I haven’t even played the game since the beta weekend events.

That probably means that a hacker got a hold of your account information and used it to sell gold.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

From the reddit thread it appears they are looking on informing people in a better way on the reasons for the suspensions. I agree that it doesn’t help you learn the rules of the community if you don’t know why you were suspended, so a quote of the offence would help you fight it, if it was truly an unwarranted suspension; or change your behavior, if it was warranted. In the meantime you could either try getting the reason for your suspension from reddit or these forums by posting your character name(s). Just don’t do so in a thread calling out Arena Net staff, as that is against the rules… you read them right?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/yxx3m/suspensions_for_offensive_names_and_inappropriate/

Posted by: General.6254

General.6254

Long time no one answers on reddit.

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Long time no one answers on reddit.

True, but they do have these forums now, so it won’t hurt to ask here. In retrospect if the above posters have a ban and not a suspension it’s likely they were hacked and were used as a proxy for gold selling.