Perma-Banned for exploit [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: gdortchjr.8750

gdortchjr.8750

I was in fractal 30 and kicked out of game then told I was banned for inexcusable behavior. I am pretty much the sweetest sweet heart in that game. Sometimes i voice my opinion but never am I inappropriate about it.

It says something about an exploit which is impossible because I know not one exploit unless you consider cof path 1 speed run exploit which is really unfair…

Posted by: ioana.4590

ioana.4590

Your not the only one.. what the heck?

Posted by: Waffles.1084

Waffles.1084

So, I was standing in Lion’s Arch and running around and suddenly a wild “account has been suspended” appears, then I try to relog back in and it changes to terminated for exploitation. I hope this is a mistake?

Waffles.1084

Lol my account just got banned too for same reason and I was running around in Lion’s Arch !

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I was in fractal 32 and i got banned too w/o any explainations. What is going on here?!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: TaeK.5821

TaeK.5821

This needs attention as there are many unjustified bans.

EDIT: Ticket #130418-000042

Takoji – The Golden Guardian of Gunnar’s Hold & GW2 Instrument Master

(edited by TaeK.5821)

ioana.4590

They keep removing threads about this as well…

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

/15 character

(edited by MIrra.3604)

Posted by: Sin.9120

Sin.9120

I have the same issue, was running in WvW and suddenly account was term for abusing in game exploit? I hope this is some sort of error. Who in their right mind would exploit during WvW where there is groups of 50 people around at all time..

No email was sent to explain the situation? I had to contact them, hopefully they reply soon.

Yak’s Bend

Sinrogue – Thief

(edited by Sin.9120)

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Same thing happened to me while I was in wvw. What the hell is this… Submitted a ticket… #130418-000084
This issue requires a HOTFIX now. We want to play and I didnt bought gems yesterday to get some holy hell bugs today.
Server Kaineng

(edited by Titan.3472)

Posted by: Tazer.9371

Tazer.9371

Same here, I was in WvW and my account got terminated for ‘abusing in-game exploit’

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

Wow, so it isn’t just me. I almost had my second legendary, and I got banned for in-game exploit as well.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

Posted by: Pocket.8406

Pocket.8406

Same here, help is needed, I’ve never exploited!

Ticket number: 130418-000073

Please actually help Arenanet

Bowler Hat – Elementalist – WvW
Fêz – Elementalist – sPvP
[TUP] and [team]

Posted by: Andre Teixeira.7581

Andre Teixeira.7581

wth is going on ?

i just got banned for the same thing out of nowhere o_0

Slashy The Sieger – Mesmer
Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast
Also Known as .. The Hottest Asura evah .. True Story

nikkistar.1409

You aren’t the only one apparently….

ioana.4590

I have a few buddies in vent that just got banned as well

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

so I log off to go get dinner, out in WvW and banned?

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

Same thing it says I got banned :S Please Anet explain this must be some sort of mistake

nikkistar.1409

I am so irritated. I don’t want any compensation. I just want my stinking account back asap.

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Can we have at least an answer from someone from Anet about what is going on actually. Thanks.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

What is going on?

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

yall exploited the game by playing too much, knowing every inch of the map is an exploitation.

Upside to that, I’m banned too. Come home after hard day at work and now I can’t play.
I wanna play!

Posted by: Aurora.8375

Aurora.8375

Anet, fix it. We want our Slashy back!

Tyrion Lanasura – Tarnished Coast
“A Lanasura always pays his debts.”
Recruiter, Transcendent Veneration [TV]

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I’m too afraid to post now. Anet just keep sending me infraction stuff

R.I.P Kumu <3

wedo.3049

im just curious is this an error for a person that has never exploited im kinda like uhhhhh feeling, but hopefully this is resolved shortly.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

I love how they try to veer off the fact that there is no “auto banning” and that each suspected infraction is reviewed before banned/suspended.

so someone is a bit trigger happy and banning everyone or is there some ANetbot that has just got it wrong?

I don’t mind being falsely accused and reinstated but to just take us for idiots…?!

Sin.9120

How do you get an infraction or know you got one?

Yak’s Bend

Sinrogue – Thief

gdortchjr.8750

I just got my first infraction for saying, “time is money.” It’s really unfair that I am expected to keep calm about something I completely in the dark about.

An update would be nice a the least….

nikkistar.1409

Yea, I just got an infraction as well for writing in caps….

I mean, you have a lot of upset customers right now, and compounding it with infractions. Really? Honestly, I get it, you want to keep the forums clean and friendly, but really, you are going to send infractions to the people you should be helping? I don’t get it.

Posted by: Raniri.6178

Raniri.6178

… the same happend to 2 of my guild members

[ECL] Seafarers Rest | 137 K Kills | Rank 470
http://www.eclipse-gilde.net

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

What is going on?

We assume it has to do with transferring gold through the guild bank. They’ve been working on that lately and probably made something that auto-blocks people left and right for doing something like that.

But that is just a guess, not saying this is the actual case until some official response shows up. It’s just the only thing we could come up with.

Location, location, location.

gdortchjr.8750

@Sin// They will delete your post and then send you a message to your account online.

Posted by: Boom.9304

Boom.9304

I’m sure no one that’s been on the receiving of this feels entitled to troves of treasure but rather, just want their personal accounts that they’ve purchased and invested loads of time and effort and some, even real money.

ANet, any acknowledgement may be prudent at this point. Was this a blanket execution? A misstep or was substantial evidence levered for these accounts to be terminated? To those affected, I can’t imagine the frustration.

That said, the less outrage and flaming that occurs the more likely this thread will stay open so that ANet and others may have the chance to reply.

($ .02 over.)

Boomkins / Ayvaree
Bringer of Hellfire & “Dirtnapping Diva”
Leader, Transcendent Veneration [TV] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

What is going on?

We assume it has to do with transferring gold through the guild bank. They’ve been working on that lately and probably made something that auto-blocks people left and right for doing something like that.

But that is just a guess, not saying this is the actual case until some official response shows up. It’s just the only thing we could come up with.

That’s not something I had done, ruled out.

Sin.9120

I doubt it, the only gold I’ve transferred was through standard bank and between my characters and it was 13 gold..

Yak’s Bend

Sinrogue – Thief

nikkistar.1409

What is going on?

Seriously? I have been doing this for guildies who needed funds or borrowed gold from me to buy something. I did it specifically because I didn’t want to be banned as a gold seller. I mean, seriously? This just makes it so I do not want to help anyone out, ever again.

Posted by: Maverick.6547

Maverick.6547

YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!! SAME HERE !!!

I only played half an hour today in the morning just before I went to work, only finish the daily quest, then about 20 mins ago when I try to log in to do next day daily quest, it said my account was terminated for ABUSING IN-GAME EXPLOIT !!!! And it’s PERMANENT !!!!!

Please help here, I don’t even know what I have done to get this penalty !!!
Ticket Reference : 130418-000145

wedo.3049

yep seems to have happened to a lot of people, maybe a bug ? i dunno but it is messed up ><

Posted by: TheThinker.8461

TheThinker.8461

I got banned as well. Never said a foul word, and i have no idea how to exploit any software. All I do is play. I was only about 4 hours away from having my 4th world explorer complete. I’m hoping they were hacked or something, but really A-net needs to make a statement ASAP.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Are some servers more affected than others?

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

same glad 2 know i’m not the only one hopfully they will be fixing this soon

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I have just recieved it too – I have no idea why (yet).
JQ server – just submitted a ticket. (130418-000160)

Hope it was not after having to change pwd ages ago as anet deemed it was too weak.

Having never recieved a ban over the 6yrs of my GW1 and no warning in GW2 – I’m a bit suprised to say the least. I’m hoping its a genuine mistake or error that has happened.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

What is going on?

Seriously? I have been doing this for guildies who needed funds or borrowed gold from me to buy something. I did it specifically because I didn’t want to be banned as a gold seller. I mean, seriously? This just makes it so I do not want to help anyone out, ever again.

I’ve been doing the exact same thing, I use the guild bank to transfer items and gold with my guild mates to avoid getting banned :S. Anet needs to respond to this issue because this is pretty serious. I read under their conduct and breaches outcome and they say “We exercise careful judgment in every case in which an account is terminated. We will review breaches of the Rules of Conduct and the User Agreement with close attention to the most flagrant and persistent patterns of rules abuse. In such instances, particularly when we perceive a risk of substantial real or potential harm to the Guild Wars 2 community or to the game’s stability, an account can and will be permanently terminated.” It seems to me everyone got banned in one shot by some automated system. It doesn’t seem they are exercising a careful judgement to me. They don’t even specifically say what the exploit is

Pritst.1469

same for me played gw 1 for 6 years 25k hours i thought at first it was cause i’m online for 15 hours a day but maybe they messed up,

i’m on JQ too did JQ get hit harder than everyone else?

i’ve done that too i lent some friends money for there legandaries to help them out but sending 500g over mail is a bit much so i used guild bank and had them pay me it back later if i’m banned for helping a friend with a loan thats stupid but i don’t think we would get a exploit ban for that?

Posted by: madman.7150

madman.7150

all i do is daily nowdays didnt buy gold or insulted someone found my account banned
I noticed guild wars 2 is doing free trial weekend.. trying to make more room by getting rid of old players?

Posted by: TheThinker.8461

TheThinker.8461

I love how they try to veer off the fact that there is no “auto banning” and that each suspected infraction is reviewed before banned/suspended.

so someone is a bit trigger happy and banning everyone or is there some ANetbot that has just got it wrong?

I don’t mind being falsely accused and reinstated but to just take us for idiots…?!

I do mind being falsely accused.

Obviously, this is some type of error because even their own outline on banning ppl included warnings via email. I suspect no one here has gotten such an email.

Waffles.1084

Can you all post your servers please. Just want to survey which servers got hit. I’m sure this is all a mistake and will be resolved as soon as possible. Just be patient people.

Jade Quarry

Pritst.1469

it said that for the infractions but if u did a hardcore exploit they just straight perma ban u but i’d be very superised all us are doing something so outrageous on the same day

gdortchjr.8750

Gate of Madness

Posted by: Tazer.9371

Tazer.9371

server is Ehmry Bay here