Reporting Users For Pet Names

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scott.7601

Scott.7601

Q:

Is it okay to report a user for the name they give their pet? I’ve seen some pretty vulgar names on pets but the actual user’s character name is acceptable.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

You can send an email to support@guildwars2.com explaining the offensive name, and include screenshots, etc. Be sure to include the users name, and map, server, etc. I am sure Support will take action as they see fit.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I would report, but there isn’t an option for it. That one and the report for guild name is difficult. After all, they can switch pets so the name is lost or leave the guild so it doesn’t show when staff checks. Maybe take a screen shot then report? Not sure what option to report you would use though.

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

Seriously? Don’t you have better things to do than reporting someone’s pet? Christ.
I wonder what about the pet’s name was so offensive that you couldn’t take it.

Scott.7601

Seriously? Don’t you have better things to do than reporting someone’s pet? Christ.

If i were able to put some of the names of pets/guilds i’ve seen on the forums, I’d get banned. This game houses people of all ages and moral beliefs, remember that.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

How about a spider named Spits Not Swallow, would you think that was offensive enough to report? That is one name I have seen.

I’ve also seen, in other games, players name pets specifically to harass another player. Like a pig named “Hank’s Mom”, for example.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Scott.7601

You can send an email to support@guildwars2.com explaining the offensive name, and include screenshots, etc. Be sure to include the users name, and map, server, etc. I am sure Support will take action as they see fit.

Thank you very much for the advice!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are most welcome! Good luck. =)

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I can think of nothing better to do with your online time than helping ArenaNet take out the trash.