Suspended 14 days for Racial Slurs

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dan.9801

Dan.9801

My account was suspended for 14 days for racial slurs and I really would like and appreciate for a GM to tell me what I said that would warrent a 14 day ban instead of a 3 day ban. The only characters that this could have happened on are No Friends or Cash Money . I put a ticket up 2 days ago but haven’t gotten a response (I know people have been waiting around a week for a response) but the suspense is killing me. How hard could it be to tell me what I said in an email while issuing the ban?

Posted by: Heartnet.4598

Heartnet.4598

Im srsly stumped as to why you would even call ur characters that in the first place. Your obviously just testing arenanets patience.

Please reply as to a good reason your characters are called that

Posted by: Kevhoran.1780

Kevhoran.1780

there is a good reason that because it is two different names that are not allowed (I don’t know if they are or are not) that they escalated it to a two mark suspension instead of a 1 mark? It could be

Posted by: Ralsti.2147

Ralsti.2147

Im srsly stumped as to why you would even call ur characters that in the first place. Your obviously just testing arenanets patience.

How is Cash Money or No Friends an anyway testing anybody’s patients?

Kevhoran.1780

No idea myself but I could see some people complaining about No friends but even that is a long stretch in my oppinion

Heartnet.4598

Cash Money is obviously going to be related to gold sellers and therefor just stupid to make ur character named that and No friends… some people dont like to hear that in an MMO… hell most people dont like to hear that anywhen.. to put it as ur characters name is just rude

Kevhoran.1780

No idea myself but I could see some people complaining about No friends but even that is a long stretch in my oppinion

Wow, fanboys will be fanboys. I just want to know why I was banned. I’m really dissappointed by A Nets support and I remember it being fine in GW1. If I really was banned for those names, this company is rediculous and I will totally be getting a refund.

Hmm who are the fanboys? :P I don’t agree with Arena net if that was the reason I just know some people that would complain about a name like that.

I sure hope it was something better though as I might not agree with those being good names, that would be my opinion and not based on them being offensive or what not.

I never meant it to sound like I though your names should be banned if that’s what it looked like, anyways, hopefully after the hacking problems are gone they will start telling people what is going on

Posted by: Ralsti.2147

Ralsti.2147

Cash Money is obviously going to be related to gold sellers and therefor just stupid to make ur character named that and No friends… some people dont like to hear that in an MMO… hell most people dont like to hear that anywhen.. to put it as ur characters name is just rude

I think you are being RIDICULOUS. CashMoney could be used for someone that really enjoys trading and plays the game to maximize gold rather then progress. No Friends could simply mean a player prefers to play alone. People really need to chill out and not worry so much about other people.

Heartnet.4598

I think you are being RIDICULOUS. CashMoney could be used for someone that really enjoys trading and plays the game to maximize gold rather then progress. No Friends could simply mean a player prefers to play alone. People really need to chill out and not worry so much about other people.

But your in an MMO and whilst i agree with you on the names not being worthy of a ban of any sort i can see where people are coming from. And you have to worry about other people in an MMO.. there are just some easy to offend people out there and Anet caters to them

Dan.9801

Since my last comment was deleted for “Bad Nature” or whatever, pretty much you guys are looking into the meaning of my names way to much. They dont really have much meaning i just named them that because i did. Oh, and the ‘fanboys’ are the ones who are saying my names are inappropriate, unless you do some crazy mind gymnastics i cant possibly see these names being offensive. The real problem here is I have no idea what i said that warrents a double suspension and i would really like to know. I really don’t even care if the GM says it publicly, I just really want to know. I’m sure it’s something stupid.

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

I consider myself to be a fanboy but see nothing with your names that would be offensive. Yes it can ruin someone’s “immersion” but I’d not consider that to be an offense.

My guess is it’s something you said in chat, something you think is fine to say but others don’t think is acceptable.

Dan.9801

I consider myself to be a fanboy but see nothing with your names that would be offensive. Yes it can ruin someone’s “immersion” but I’d not consider that to be an offense.

My guess is it’s something you said in chat, something you think is fine to say but others don’t think is acceptable.

I just wish A Net would just tell me already. I shouldn’t have to resort to begging and if don’t know what i said that is so offensive how can i not make the same mistake?

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

I just wish A Net would just tell me already. I shouldn’t have to resort to begging and if don’t know what i said that is so offensive how can i not make the same mistake?

Common sense?

Don’t refer to people’s real-life races in any way, regardless of whether you think it’s derogatory. Problem solved.

Posted by: TouchOfRed.8359

TouchOfRed.8359

But your in an MMO and whilst i agree with you on the names not being worthy of a ban of any sort i can see where people are coming from. And you have to worry about other people in an MMO.. there are just some easy to offend people out there and Anet caters to them

I think your name is offensive because it has heart in it which reminds me that I’m alone and I’m going to report you so that you get a 3 day ban.

Dan.9801

I think your name is offensive because it has heart in it which reminds me that I’m alone and I’m going to report you so that you get a 3 day ban.

3 day ban clearly isn’t enough. This man deserves a 14 day ban for his insane name that is clearly against the ToS. In the ToS it says not to have offensive names, and your name totally offends me the same way it offends TouchofRed

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Why are we even talking about the names of your characters? Who cares? What does it have to do with your post?

Sounds like you were temporarily banned for racial slurs and I haven’t heard you once say you didn’t do it. Try not being a racist or a jerk when your ban is up and you won’t end up repeating this event, right?

Unless you want to appeal the ban, I think it’s their discretion set the length to an amount they choose. Welcome to a game where you are actually punished for being immature and damaging the community

If you didn’t actually say anything wrong, then you should make that point clear.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

No Friends is offensive?! That’s just a big fat bag of epic facepalm-grade crazy. Those names aren’t offensive or troublesome in ANY way to anyone that isn’t actively looking for reasons to be offended. Honestly I wasn’t even signed in when I read your ridiculously goofy post and I had to make sure I logged in just to let you know how off base and wrong you are.

Arenanet seems to have let GW1 go to the dregs in regards to policing chat and content; it’s shocking to see how heavy handed they are in GW2. In any case, I rarely chat with anyone outside my guild so it doesn’t really affect me.

Dan.9801

Why are we even talking about the names of your characters? Who cares? What does it have to do with your post?

Sounds like you were temporarily banned for racial slurs and I haven’t heard you once say you didn’t do it. Try not being a racist or a jerk when your ban is up and you won’t end up repeating this event, right?

Unless you want to appeal the ban, I think it’s their discretion set the length to an amount they choose. Welcome to a game where you are actually punished for being immature and damaging the community

If you didn’t actually say anything wrong, then you should make that point clear.

I never said i didn’t say anything that couldn’t be found offensive. I said I honestly dont think i’ve said anything worth a 14 day ban, but i still don’t know what i said. I’m not a racist and anything i could have said wasn’t meant to or at anyone and was in a jokingly manor. Only reason i’m saying this is because i joke around with my friends in real life and maybe i joked in-game. But why is it worth a 14 day ban instead of the usual 3?